Trending Topics

Next match: MUFC v LFC [Premier League] Thu 13th May @ 8:15 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Old Trafford

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 362848 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,587 posts | 144 
      Re: Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread
      Reply #4300: Apr 30, 2021 09:06:24 pm
      3-1 win. Young reds away to Ipswich in the semi-final

Cheers for the updates
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 25,598 posts | 1475 
      Reply #4301: Apr 30, 2021 09:12:25 pm
      These kids are good.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,365 posts | 2022 
      Reply #4302: Apr 30, 2021 10:48:39 pm
      Yep. At least until Billy Koumetio has his once-a-game brainfart that gifts the oppo a goal.

Hope I can pick up a stream for this but I doubt it.

Like to see more of Morton and Balagizi. Only seen tiny bits but Morton reminds me of Dani Ceballos and Balagizi has a bit of Geoffrey Kondogbia about him. I sense Bala blows hot and cold and needs to add a bit of consistency to his game to get him noticed higher up.

Anyone seen much of Owen Beck? He seems to be training with the firsts quite a bit. I remember Stevie Warnock's group, everyone getting excited about the strikers and midfielders, as usual, and then the unheralded Warnock appears in the first team after a loan at Cov. Similar with Flanno who was just about the absolute worst outfield player in his age group in the academy, and then to my incredulity Flanno underwent some sort of transmogrification into Josimar when he pulled on a first team shirt and started lashing in half volleys off the bar away to Spurs. OK it only lasted one game before he turned back into Flanno again but it was a hell of an acid trip while it lasted.

Congratulations. You are under suspicion.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | 23 
      Reply #4303: May 01, 2021 02:47:55 am
      Congratulations. You are under suspicion.

It's amazing what odds you can get in the bookies if you bet on a particular player to give away a pen in a specific minute of the game.

Well done lads. Should be winning this comp from here.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,376 posts | 2551 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4304: May 01, 2021 10:15:26 am
      Monday 11.55 v Leicester in the under 23's and Tuesday 12.25 the 18's v derby. Both live on LFCTV and LFCTV go
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,376 posts | 2551 
      Reply #4305: May 03, 2021 01:56:52 pm
      Ref if the under 23 game is definitely destined for the very top. Fussy, inconsistent and utterly hopeless. Boyes and Morton sent off, ben woodburn given a final warning ,and coach Barry lewtas given a red. Decent 2-2 draw though
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,376 posts | 2551 
      Reply #4306: May 04, 2021 07:15:20 pm
      1 nil to the under 18's in their last league of the season v derby. Cracking goal by kade gordon
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts | 63 
      Reply #4307: May 04, 2021 07:33:37 pm
      1 nil to the under 18's in their last league of the season v derby. Cracking goal by kade gordon

He signed from derby recently didn’t he? Looks a decent talent from what I’ve seen, trained with the first team a few times since he’s been here

His brother plays league football too I was reading
      « Last Edit: May 04, 2021 07:38:44 pm by L4.19Times »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,376 posts | 2551 
      Reply #4308: May 04, 2021 07:51:33 pm
      He signed from derby recently didn’t he? Looks a decent talent from what I’ve seen, trained with the first team a few times since he’s been here

Yeah, sadly can't play in the youth cup but he looks a good prospect. 2 nil up now
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,376 posts | 2551 
      Reply #4309: May 04, 2021 09:30:55 pm
      Finished 3 nil. Frauendorf got the other 2. Mostly 16 year olds. 11 changes from the youth cup
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,365 posts | 2022 
      Reply #4310: May 05, 2021 03:47:37 am

Gordon may be our best prospect now. Expect he will be involved with the first team in preseason.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts | 63 
      Reply #4311: May 05, 2021 07:16:53 am
      Gordon may be our best prospect now. Expect he will be involved with the first team in preseason.

I was looking into him a bit more last night, he’s another a bit like Harvey Elliott. Had made an appearance for Derby in the championship at 16 against Birmingham, they apparently thought really highly of him and we came in to take him and develop him here.
      Only 16 years old though  :o so has some development to do, think we will see him in and around the age groups next year, train more with the senior team and then send him on loan at 17/18 like we have with Harvey this year at Blackburn

His brother plays in the league system at Mansfield (who we played in the FA cup a few years ago when Brendan was here) as a right back and he came through the Derby system as well apparently
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,376 posts | 2551 
      Reply #4312: May 06, 2021 08:28:21 pm
      Fa youth cup semi final vs ipswich will kick off at 6 pm next Wednesday live on bt

Quick Reply