Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread

Read 463330 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool FC Academy Youth Team Thread
      Reply #4347: May 24, 2021 09:22:28 pm
      No real other attacking options on the bench with the likes of cannonier, Stewart and Ennis injured
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #4348: May 24, 2021 09:27:07 pm
      Keep posting guys, still can’t get the match.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #4349: May 24, 2021 09:31:31 pm
      Lots of pressure from the young Reds.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4350: May 24, 2021 09:35:57 pm
      He booted him in the head but no free kick
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #4351: May 24, 2021 09:37:12 pm
      Lots of pressure from the young Reds.

Lets’s hope they can at least get the equaliser, or maybe the winner! Come on YNWA.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #4352: May 24, 2021 09:37:14 pm
      He booted him in the head but no free kick

Ref is shocking on that decision
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #4353: May 24, 2021 09:39:55 pm
      2-1 FT. Better team won, ref was sh*t. Not very fair 4000 villa fans, no scousers.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4354: May 24, 2021 09:40:14 pm
      Not to be, missed 2 or 3 great chances  villa probably the better side overall. Would have done them in a second leg.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #4355: May 24, 2021 09:44:49 pm
      Unlucky for the boys but they looked bigger and more mature physically all over the pitch. Ref was a homer which makes me ask why play a one off on either teams home ground? It should have been at a neutral venue with either no crowd or 50/50.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #4356: May 24, 2021 09:57:20 pm
      Not to be, missed 2 or 3 great chances  villa probably the better side overall. Would have done them in a second leg.

Many thanks for all the updates over the season by the way, I keep on dropping in for a look every now and then you keep us all up to date
      Great stuff
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #4357: May 24, 2021 10:07:50 pm
      Jesus, shocking performance from most of those lads

Billy Calamity's cost his teammates the game there, difficult to comprehend why anyone would think he ought to be anywhere near the u23s never mind the first team. Every single game he seems to F**k it up big style. First goal he turns away from the ball like a fanny and the shot goes through his legs. Second goal he just runs into the striker and it's a pen. Game over with 15 minutes gone.

Really disappointed with some of these hyped up lads. Morton's got this sort of style of running which is barely more energetic than walking. As good as he is on the ball he can forget a career with us if that's all the athleticism he can muster. Balagizi has bags of talent but I've had bowls of custard with more heart in them than him. No chance of a pro career at any level on that showing.

I don't know what the opposite of pressing is  - depressing! - but whatever the word is that's what we did. Just sort of stood around and watched Villa pass the ball to each other. Never seen such a disgraceful lack of fight from any of our youth teams in 20 years watching. Frauendorf came on at half time and looked knackered by the 50th minute. They must have had a pre-match meal of bowls of concrete.

Two players came out of the game with any credit: Luca Stephenson at def mid, who at least put up a fight, and Conor Bradley at RB who was our best player, decent use of the ball and at least tried to take the fight to Villa up the right as well as having to try to man the pumps at the back.

I was led to believe there were lots of promising kids in this side but I'm afraid for the god knows how manyeth year on the trot, it's a load of hype from people who evidently haven't a clue what they're watching. Just hype hype hype. Should have known after 20 years of the same thing on rinse and repeat...

Villa were far superior and should have taken us to the cleaners if they could have been arsed.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #4358: May 25, 2021 11:21:21 am
      Jesus, shocking performance from most of those lads

Billy Calamity's cost his teammates the game there, difficult to comprehend why anyone would think he ought to be anywhere near the u23s never mind the first team. Every single game he seems to f**k it up big style. First goal he turns away from the ball like a fanny and the shot goes through his legs. Second goal he just runs into the striker and it's a pen. Game over with 15 minutes gone.

Really disappointed with some of these hyped up lads. Morton's got this sort of style of running which is barely more energetic than walking. As good as he is on the ball he can forget a career with us if that's all the athleticism he can muster. Balagizi has bags of talent but I've had bowls of custard with more heart in them than him. No chance of a pro career at any level on that showing.

I don't know what the opposite of pressing is  - depressing! - but whatever the word is that's what we did. Just sort of stood around and watched Villa pass the ball to each other. Never seen such a disgraceful lack of fight from any of our youth teams in 20 years watching. Frauendorf came on at half time and looked knackered by the 50th minute. They must have had a pre-match meal of bowls of concrete.

Two players came out of the game with any credit: Luca Stephenson at def mid, who at least put up a fight, and Conor Bradley at RB who was our best player, decent use of the ball and at least tried to take the fight to Villa up the right as well as having to try to man the pumps at the back.

I was led to believe there were lots of promising kids in this side but I'm afraid for the god knows how manyeth year on the trot, it's a load of hype from people who evidently haven't a clue what they're watching. Just hype hype hype. Should have known after 20 years of the same thing on rinse and repeat...

Villa were far superior and should have taken us to the cleaners if they could have been arsed.

And despite all of that we only lost 2-1 in a hostile atmosphere that they would unlikely have encountered before.

Also don't see you criticising the villa captain for making the same mistake as Coumetio for our goal.

Yes villa were the better team, they also seemed on the whole much larger and more physically developed than our lads. History will show whether your disdain for the kids is valid or complete bollocks but to write them all off now is jumping the gun.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #4359: May 25, 2021 11:45:15 am
      Unlucky for the boys but they looked bigger and more mature physically all over the pitch. Ref was a homer which makes me ask why play a one off on either teams home ground? It should have been at a neutral venue with either no crowd or 50/50.

You really think they want us to perform on an equal footing.
      It’s in our DNA to overcome all these injustices. We’ll be back. We are Liverpool, this means more !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4360: Aug 21, 2021 06:27:31 pm
      Liverpool under 18's beat United 5 nil today. Oakley Cannonier with a Hat trick
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4361: Aug 24, 2021 05:12:25 pm
      Under 23's beat the blueshite 3-1
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4362: Aug 25, 2021 01:20:23 am

Caide Gordon scored in that one.

Saw Sheyi Ojo also scored. Club must be struggling to find a transfer for him. He's been on 3-4 loans already, but he must still be a U23.

Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #4363: Aug 25, 2021 03:41:29 am

Saw Sheyi Ojo also scored. Club must be struggling to find a transfer for him. He's been on 3-4 loans already, but he must still be a U23.
      Ojo is 24 already. He can still play in the u23's, albeit as an overager.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4364: Aug 25, 2021 10:08:11 am

Talk of brugge being interested
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4365: Aug 25, 2021 11:16:54 am
      Ojo is 24 already. He can still play in the u23's, albeit as an overager.

Yeah, I remember Klopp called him back from a loan at Wolves when he was 17 and he scored vs. Exeter City in the FA Up a week or two later.

Beginning in August 2017, he has spent time at: Fulham, Reims, Rangers and last year at Cardiff City. He looked to be breaking into the first team during one preseason, but he fractured his back and hasn't really been contention ever since. I'm just surprised he is still on the books.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4366: Aug 28, 2021 08:53:36 pm
      Club has signed 16-year old Bobby Clark from Newcastle. Supposed to be a huge talent and in face he scored on his debut for the U18s in a friendly today.
      Remember the name.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4367: Aug 30, 2021 10:38:22 pm
      Liverpool under 21s live v Rochdale in the papa John's trophy tomorrow night from 6.30 on LFCTV
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4368: Aug 31, 2021 06:32:41 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #4369: Aug 31, 2021 08:06:23 pm