Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Fitness thread

Read 228311 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #138: Mar 07, 2008 02:31:56 am
      I have been doing a lot of arm work lately have seen increase in mass but it is yet to look cut. I am so stoked yesterday did 2 sets (8) reps of 25kg dumbell curls in each arm, 5 months ago i was struggling with the 12.5 kg.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #139: Mar 07, 2008 09:51:55 am
      I have been doing a lot of arm work lately have seen increase in mass but it is yet to look cut. I am so stoked yesterday did 2 sets (8) reps of 25kg dumbell curls in each arm, 5 months ago I was struggling with the 12.5 kg.

Nice! What can ya squat, deadlift and bench?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #140: Mar 07, 2008 04:50:41 pm
      No gym today, I'm feeling fu**ed dudes!
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #141: Mar 07, 2008 06:08:01 pm
      And this is the best - Eat plenty of fish!

Are there certain types of fish best to eat and some to avoid for work out purposes. My favorite are cod, haddock and Tuna.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #142: Mar 07, 2008 09:49:47 pm
      Are there certain types of fish best to eat and some to avoid for work out purposes. My favorite are cod, haddock and Tuna.
      Tuna is good for the brain.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #143: Mar 07, 2008 09:56:41 pm
      Tuna is high in mercury which can cause mercury poisoning which is bad, Google it. Saying that though that doesn't put me off eating it, protein!

Smoked salmon is probably the best you can get but it's expensive (go to Lidl). It's high in protein and good fats.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #144: Mar 07, 2008 09:58:34 pm
      Tuna is high in mercury which can cause mercury poisoning which is bad, Google it. Saying that though that doesn't put me off eating it, protein!

Smoked salmon is probably the best you can get but it's expensive (go to Lidl). It's high in protein and good fats.

Just buy yourself a whole chicken, or chicken breasts. That has the most protein in it, or do it the easy way and buy protein powder. I haven't been able to buy that stuff, keep forgetting...
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #145: Mar 07, 2008 10:00:51 pm
      I eat a good 500grams of chicken breast a day man! I'm not bothered using powder, I like my good food.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #146: Mar 07, 2008 10:02:48 pm
      Think ill just stick with chicken then. Dont fancy getting poisoned by eating too much tuna.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #147: Mar 07, 2008 10:04:10 pm
      I eat a good 500grams of chicken breast a day man! I'm not bothered using powder, I like my good food.

Free range? pmsl
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #148: Mar 07, 2008 10:05:02 pm
      Eat a tin every two or three days man if ya want! I don't think it'll do as much harm as drinking every weekend!

And you should try and take a multi vitamin and fish oil tablet everyday.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #149: Mar 07, 2008 10:15:57 pm
      Think ill just stick with chicken then. Dont fancy getting poisoned by eating too much tuna.

Chicken is nice but gets boring. I like steak but has to be cooked by a master chef ( ie poppa ;) )
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #150: Mar 07, 2008 10:18:03 pm
      Eat a tin every two or three days man if ya want! I don't think it'll do as much harm as drinking every weekend!

And you should try and take a multi vitamin and fish oil tablet everyday.

Bingo!

I've got some vitamin tablets which covers all vitamins, it covers recommended amount aswell. Called Mega Gold from supplument store. Contains multi vitamins and minerals.... I don't eat enough greens so...
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #151: Mar 07, 2008 10:18:22 pm
      Chicken is nice but gets boring. I like steak but has to be cooked by a master chef ( ie poppa ;) )

Chicken can get boring, plus i think it tastes bland if i eat alot of it all the time, normally i cut it up and make chicken pasta.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #152: Mar 07, 2008 10:20:28 pm
      Lads buy some spices, get loadsa different ones and find out which ones ya like. They make chicken sexy as F**k! And throw on some extra virgin olive oil as well, more good fats.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #153: Mar 07, 2008 10:22:36 pm
      Mate I love Pasta! But it has to be done right, also Pasta bloats you so not always so good to eat a lot of pasta.
      That green classic pesto sauce is nice, try that with your pasta.. mmm :P
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #154: Mar 07, 2008 10:26:26 pm
      Measure out the pasta to know how much you're going to eat, I'd normally have 70grams of wholewheat pasta with two chicken fillets an hour before before lifting.

On topic lads!

I done squats today for the second time in my life. Still getting used to them though, I got 70kg  x 5 on the last set. I want to get 120kg x 1 when I weigh 82kg.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #155: Mar 07, 2008 10:34:47 pm
      You seem quite strong for your weight, however you are probably older than me meaning your muscles would of densed out by then.

LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #156: Mar 07, 2008 10:39:41 pm
      I'm nineteen man. I had to stop lifting weights for a while after having me F***ing appendix out in September. Before I had it out though I worked my bench press up to 98kg. Can't get anything like that anymore. There's a lad on a forum I go on who can bench 180kg, squat and deadlift over 200kg!

Here's his journal http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55333503#post55333503
      use that as inspiration man! That's what I've been doing!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #157: Mar 07, 2008 10:55:17 pm
      I'm older than you then, only by a year though ;)

Dude how do you lift so much? You must look like Arnold Shwartsnegger already :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #158: Mar 07, 2008 10:58:35 pm
      . I like steak but has to be cooked by a master chef ( ie poppa ;) )

I cooked Fillet Steak tonight, it was absolutely gorgeous, don't have it very often as red meat is bad for you, tend to eat chicken, turkey which is lower in fat than chicken, or fish.....love salmon and tuna.

As with anything it's all about everything in moderation..........a little bit of what you fancy does you good.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #159: Mar 07, 2008 11:23:56 pm
      I cooked Fillet Steak tonight, it was absolutely gorgeous, don't have it very often as red meat is bad for you, tend to eat chicken, turkey which is lower in fat than chicken, or fish.....love salmon and tuna.

As with anything it's all about everything in moderation..........a little bit of what you fancy does you good.

How about this then? We put out the net, and went back to it at 1 in the morning when the tide is very low. Plenty of delicious Mediterranean fish :P

I find it funny how a lot of people only know or eat the basic fish like Salmon, Tuna, Haddock, Cod etc.. but do you know what this is? Time to guess lads ;)
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #160: Mar 07, 2008 11:25:30 pm
      I'm older than you then, only by a year though ;)

Dude how do you lift so much? You must look like Arnold Shwartsnegger already :D

Man post up your weights program and I could probably give you good advice! And post up your lifts as well!
      I don't look like Arnie yet! Getting bigger though
      http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b97/LazyFingers/DSC00252.jpg?t=1204932393

Quick Reply