Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225591 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2001: May 27, 2018 08:33:38 pm
      All done, without sounding too cocky it was actually a breeze. Ended up doing the 8.5 in 1h12m which I was reasonably happy with although it is slow progress at the start with all the people.

Thinking a half marathon should be no bother, next one on the list.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2002: May 27, 2018 10:16:24 pm
      All done, without sounding too cocky it was actually a breeze. Ended up doing the 8.5 in 1h12m which I was reasonably happy with although it is slow progress at the start with all the people.

Thinking a half marathon should be no bother, next one on the list.
      Well done mate - hot one today as well.

If you can do 8 youā€™ll get 13......👍
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2003: May 28, 2018 02:53:46 pm
      I am back running. Today ran 2.8 miles in 30:38. My speed was 5.48 mph. Will be doing a 5k in 3 weeks.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2004: May 28, 2018 03:54:49 pm
      I am back running. Today ran 2.8 miles in 30:38. My speed was 5.48 mph. Will be doing a 5k in 3 weeks.

If you ran that first time back youā€™ll be fine for 5k. Well done!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2005: May 28, 2018 04:38:09 pm
      Wee speed session earlier 5.82km in 25min.

Blew the cobwebs away - doing a lot of HIT stuff working on the bikini body for Tenerife.

6 weeks wed from John Lennon.......
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2006: May 28, 2018 10:17:01 pm
      Wee speed session earlier 5.82km in 25min.

Blew the cobwebs away - doing a lot of HIT stuff working on the bikini body for Tenerife.

6 weeks wed from John Lennon.......
      Cracking mate.

Did you do in this weather - think Iā€™m right in saying youā€™re a weegie?

Was out on the move all day and finished with a bit of five a sides. Intense game, made worse by the 26 degrees.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2007: May 28, 2018 10:50:31 pm
      Cracking mate.

Did you do in this weather - think Iā€™m right in saying youā€™re a weegie?

Was out on the move all day and finished with a bit of five a sides. Intense game, made worse by the 26 degrees.
      That I am mate.

Southside - you?

Na was just in gym. Iā€™ve moved towards more HIT stuff recently.

Used to run 200km+ Per month and try to do weights for toning on top of that.......

At my age I was just getting fed up ;D ;)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2008: May 28, 2018 10:59:56 pm
      That I am mate.

Southside - you?

Na was just in gym. Iā€™ve moved towards more HIT stuff recently.

Used to run 200km+ Per month and try to do weights for toning on top of that.......

At my age I was just getting fed up ;D ;)
      West end mate but was playing at goals shawlands, so not far from you Iā€™d imagine.

Donā€™t think Iā€™ve covered 200km in my life. Have been enjoying it in the run up to tough mudder so might get in about it a bit more. Great Scottish run in September as well.

Also been trying to fit in some circuit training, Muay Thai and yoga etc to supplement my weights training.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2009: May 28, 2018 11:12:14 pm
      West end mate but was playing at goals shawlands, so not far from you Iā€™d imagine.

Donā€™t think Iā€™ve covered 200km in my life. Have been enjoying it in the run up to tough mudder so might get in about it a bit more. Great Scottish run in September as well.

Also been trying to fit in some circuit training, Muay Thai and yoga etc to supplement my weights training.

Ah sh*t yeh I forgot about your tough mudder.

Glasgow half is great youā€™ll have a ball. I might still do it.....if the wife lets me. Did it a couple years ago.

She read a thing a few months ago about constant distance running causing heart scarring and has been pushing me to cut back..........

I figure Iā€™ll do it while the body still permits ;)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2010: May 28, 2018 11:20:14 pm
      Ah sh*t yeh I forgot about your tough mudder.

Glasgow half is great youā€™ll have a ball. I might still do it.....if the wife lets me. Did it a couple years ago.

She read a thing a few months ago about constant distance running causing heart scarring and has been pushing me to cut back..........

I figure Iā€™ll do it while the body still permits ;)
      I was talking about this to folk the other day mate and, the thing is, youā€™re damned if you do, damned if you donā€™t sometimes.

People talk about the effect on your joints and heart etc but Iā€™d much prefer this than the problems that come with obesity. I know there are ways round it but you gotta do what you enjoy or risk becoming disillusioned with it all.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2011: May 28, 2018 11:25:42 pm
      I was talking about this to folk the other day mate and, the thing is, youā€™re damned if you do, damned if you donā€™t sometimes.

People talk about the effect on your joints and heart etc but Iā€™d much prefer this than the problems that come with obesity. I know there are ways round it but you gotta do what you enjoy or risk becoming disillusioned with it all.

Yep I used to get onto my old man (gone 10 yrs tomorrow) - he had 3 heart attacks in 50s and lived till 82 - to slow down.

His view was heā€™d just die of rot if he wasnā€™t active.......
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2012: May 28, 2018 11:35:54 pm
      Yep I used to get onto my old man (gone 10 yrs tomorrow) - he had 3 heart attacks in 50s and lived till 82 - to slow down.

His view was heā€™d just die of rot if he wasnā€™t active.......
      82 is a good old age mate, Iā€™d be happy to get there myself.

All the best for tomorrow.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2013: May 28, 2018 11:38:52 pm
      82 is a good old age mate, Iā€™d be happy to get there myself.

All the best for tomorrow.

He was some man ā¤ļø

Thx mate - my youngestā€™s birthday too (15) so no chance to dwell.

Catch you.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2014: Jun 16, 2018 09:03:15 pm
      I ran a 5k today, did it in 38:53.2 with average pace of 12:31. My overall placement was 261 out of 895.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2015: Jun 18, 2018 08:46:24 am
      Doing splits for last 4 wk to get me ready for holiday. Morning HIT cardio and core - evening weights for tone / definition.

Can see / feel a difference in a week......even allowing for a works night out on Thu disturbing my routine!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2016: Jun 18, 2018 09:04:03 am
      Doing splits for last 4 wk to get me ready for holiday. Morning HIT cardio and core - evening weights for tone / definition.

Can see / feel a difference in a week......even allowing for a works night out on Thu disturbing my routine!

Nice one. Looking to get back to a simialr routine myself.

Usually will get on my spin bike 3/4 times per week and have been maintaining. Lost 2.5 stone since last year purely from spinning and eating better.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2017: Jun 18, 2018 09:27:08 am
      Nice one. Looking to get back to a simialr routine myself.

Usually will get on my spin bike 3/4 times per week and have been maintaining. Lost 2.5 stone since last year purely from spinning and eating better.
      Weirdest thing mate.

I hate morning cardio - always have as my body feels clunky and heavy and itā€™s a real toil.

BUT......

Going first thing and eating brekkie as soon as Home is really controlling my appetite. Iā€™m eating because itā€™s lunchtime etc to maintain schedule........but Iā€™m never starving!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2018: Jun 18, 2018 10:16:58 am
      Weirdest thing mate.

I hate morning cardio - always have as my body feels clunky and heavy and itā€™s a real toil.

BUT......

Going first thing and eating brekkie as soon as Home is really controlling my appetite. Iā€™m eating because itā€™s lunchtime etc to maintain schedule........but Iā€™m never starving!

Yeah Iā€™m the same. Faster cardio is the best one to do!

Love the bike though so if I donā€™t feel it itā€™s just because of the early alarm typically. Nothing a bit of amino energy canā€™t help me with, gives me an extra push and sweat.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2019: Jun 18, 2018 12:22:55 pm
      Yeah Iā€™m the same. Faster cardio is the best one to do!

Love the bike though so if I donā€™t feel it itā€™s just because of the early alarm typically. Nothing a bit of amino energy canā€™t help me with, gives me an extra push and sweat.

Good stuff. Going later today - bloody work ;D!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2020: Jun 23, 2018 12:19:43 pm
      Decided to go out for a run this morning for the first time since tough mudder last week. Think Iā€™m still feeling the effects a little bit. Managed 10.6k in 53.43, or 10.38k in 53:48 (depending on if you want to believe Strava or Fitbit). So an average pace of around 5ā€™05 which is definitely not my best. Sitting at about 90kg so definitely not easy at the moment.

Will be doing the Great Scottish run 10k in September so hoping to get around the 47 minute mark. Reckon this is achievable?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2021: Jun 29, 2018 10:46:17 pm
      Decided to go out for a run this morning for the first time since tough mudder last week. Think Iā€™m still feeling the effects a little bit. Managed 10.6k in 53.43, or 10.38k in 53:48 (depending on if you want to believe Strava or Fitbit). So an average pace of around 5ā€™05 which is definitely not my best. Sitting at about 90kg so definitely not easy at the moment.

Will be doing the Great Scottish run 10k in September so hoping to get around the 47 minute mark. Reckon this is achievable?

Very respectable mate well done!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2022: Jun 30, 2018 10:27:38 am
      Very respectable mate well done!
      Cheers mate. Was out this morning a lot fresher and without an injured foot; managed 10.2km with a pace of 4ā€™53. Goddam hot though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2023: Jun 30, 2018 11:21:48 am
      Bout to head out on a weekly ā€œlong runā€.

Running 6 miles with my youngest (13), my oldest (15) has 9 miles. Getting ready for XC season in the fall. Itā€™s hotter than hell here in Florida and the humidity makes it even tougher. Surviving the run is my primary goal :D

Quick Reply