Trending Topics

Next match: Burnley v LFC [Premier League] Sat 31st Aug @ 5:30 pm
      Turf Moor

Today is the 25th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W11 D5 L4

Fitness thread

Read 138163 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,689 posts | 2378 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2150: Apr 09, 2019 01:56:59 pm
      I usually roll both feet (just for balance) in the mornings and both calves, only for a few minutes, then throughout the day just when I think about it. I probably don't do an hour or so total. Not sure how anyone would have the time for that.

You can also roll a frozen water bottle, that serves the purpose of stretching and also icing or treating any inflammation.

PF is a tricky thing...I had it in both feet for about a year, I wasn't really diligent in treatment, but it finally just went away. Felt like I was walking on broken glass in the mornings when I got out of bed. They also have a special sock you can wear at night, keeps the foot stretched, I've heard they do work although I never tried them.

I think it's probably an age thing as well, and I'm just taking longer to heal because I'm older.
      I totally understand what you mean about getting out of bed in the morning.

I'll have a look for the sock as well, it's worth a punt.

Thanks for the info.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,864 posts | 3436 
      Reply #2151: Apr 09, 2019 01:58:23 pm
      This is the only rehab protocol that cured by tendinopathy.
      And it’s evidence based 👍

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2658946/

That's interesting because I've actually been doing the Eccentric training and I have had a lesser amount of pain as of late. I'm going to go ahead and ramp it up a little bit and make sure I don't slack off of the training.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,224 posts | 201 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2152: Apr 21, 2019 08:09:26 pm
      I have been back running for almost a month. Last week got a personal best of 10:05 per mile pace. Will be running a half marathon in July, raising money for type 1 diabetes foundation.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,496 posts | 2498 
      Reply #2153: Apr 24, 2019 08:19:13 am
      I have been back running for almost a month. Last week got a personal best of 10:05 per mile pace. Will be running a half marathon in July, raising money for type 1 diabetes foundation.

Go Jenn!
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,449 posts | 436 
      Reply #2154: Apr 24, 2019 10:32:38 am
      Away to Tenerife mid-June so have changed up my routine quite a bit. I’m now doing some element of cardio every day, have been for the last 13 days and aiming to keep going until I set off.

Sometimes it’s just 30 minutes on the bike, sometimes 30 minutes on the elliptical and sometimes both (on the days I’m not doing weight training). I was out this morning and completed my third 10k over the last 2 weeks and looking to make this more regular.

I play for a Sunday team as well so that keeps me going (90 minutes in that heat on Sunday was fun). We are also starting to incorporate boxing training and PT workouts every couple of weeks.

Thinking of getting back in to Yoga And Muay Thai as well to mix it up a bit.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,496 posts | 2498 
      Reply #2155: Apr 24, 2019 12:50:45 pm
      Away to Tenerife mid-June so have changed up my routine quite a bit. I’m now doing some element of cardio every day, have been for the last 13 days and aiming to keep going until I set off.

Sometimes it’s just 30 minutes on the bike, sometimes 30 minutes on the elliptical and sometimes both (on the days I’m not doing weight training). I was out this morning and completed my third 10k over the last 2 weeks and looking to make this more regular.

I play for a Sunday team as well so that keeps me going (90 minutes in that heat on Sunday was fun). We are also starting to incorporate boxing training and PT workouts every couple of weeks.

Thinking of getting back in to Yoga And Muay Thai as well to mix it up a bit.

Good stuff mate - keep it going that’s superb.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,817 posts | 3781 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2156: Apr 25, 2019 09:05:37 pm
      Well been back in the gym for a month now and starting to put the weight back on, my eating has been spot on again (yes the boring and repetitive meals 4/5 times a day, every day...hmm I hate fish though so that’s a struggle!) but I am generally feeling better in myself. Back into a proper routine with the gym and have the enjoyment in it again so I’m confident I will get back to the shape I was in  couple of years ago.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,496 posts | 2498 
      Reply #2157: Apr 25, 2019 09:21:23 pm
      Well been back in the gym for a month now and starting to put the weight back on, my eating has been spot on again (yes the boring and repetitive meals 4/5 times a day, every day...hmm I hate fish though so that’s a struggle!) but I am generally feeling better in myself. Back into a proper routine with the gym and have the enjoyment in it again so I’m confident I will get back to the shape I was in  couple of years ago.

Good man keep it up 💪
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,449 posts | 436 
      Reply #2158: May 03, 2019 07:58:03 am
      Day 22 of cardio and my 6th 10k in that time. Felt really sluggish this morning, probably just fatigue setting in, but surprisingly it was my fastest ever 10k at 46 mins and 6 seconds.
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2019 08:40:38 am by ConzS »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,496 posts | 2498 
      Reply #2159: May 03, 2019 08:49:45 am
      Day 22 of cardio and my 6th 10k in that time. Felt really sluggish this morning, probably just fatigue setting in, but surprisingly it was my fastest ever 10k at 46 mins and 6 seconds.

Great effort buddy.

I’m majoring in HIIT running at moment.

30 mins - 5 mins run at c. 7 mins mile pace, then 30 secs sprinting and 30 secs off. Completing 4.5km in under 4 min average (that’s the actual distance I’ve ran not the total covered if you know what I mean)

Loving it - definitely helping with the definition.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,449 posts | 436 
      Reply #2160: May 03, 2019 09:04:11 am
      Great effort buddy.

I’m majoring in HIIT running at moment.

30 mins - 5 mins run at c. 7 mins mile pace, then 30 secs sprinting and 30 secs off. Completing 4.5km in under 4 min average (that’s the actual distance I’ve ran not the total covered if you know what I mean)

Loving it - definitely helping with the definition.
      Yes mate, makes perfect sense. Might give that a try, anything to help get rid of that stubborn body fat.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,224 posts | 201 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2161: May 04, 2019 01:07:11 am
      I am training for a half marathon in July. I ran 3.1 miles this morning in 32:56.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,496 posts | 2498 
      Reply #2162: May 04, 2019 08:47:41 am
      I am training for a half marathon in July. I ran 3.1 miles this morning in 32:56.

Well in Jenn.

Keep it up girl - my boys still ask about the “nice lady” they met in Slug & Lettuce with Dave back in 2015 ;)
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,224 posts | 201 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2163: May 04, 2019 11:36:42 am
      Well in Jenn.

Keep it up girl - my boys still ask about the “nice lady” they met in Slug & Lettuce with Dave back in 2015 ;)

Thanks! It was great meeting your family. It hard to believe that was 4 years ago. I really hope to get over there again soon.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,449 posts | 436 
      Reply #2164: May 17, 2019 07:48:03 am
      Day 36 of cardio (minus one rest day).

Today was a running day and my 10th 10k in 36 days. Managed to knock 30 seconds off my pb with a total time of 45:36.

Have lost about 3.5 - 4 kg in that time, weighing in at 80.2kg earlier in the week (lightest I’ve been since about 18).

It’s been a challenging month and a bit, not helped by the intermittent fasting and fasted cardio, but really started to feel (and see) the benefits.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,315 posts | 3361 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #2165: May 17, 2019 08:09:14 am

Today was a running day and my 10th 10k in 36 days. Managed to knock 30 seconds off my pb with a total time of 45:36.

Have lost about 3.5 - 4 kg in that time, weighing in at 80.2kg earlier in the week (lightest I’ve been since about 18).

It’s been a challenging month and a bit, not helped by the intermittent fasting and fasted cardio, but really started to feel (and see) the benefits.

Some going that mate, big well done.

What ratio are you doing your intermittent fasting at? I done 16:8 eating between midday and 8pm and lost a stone in two weeks off just walking some good miles with the dog when I first started.

Bought myself some runners for jogging yesterday so that'll be me getting going on jogs after my trip to The Lakes this weekend. Couch to 5k?
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,449 posts | 436 
      Reply #2166: May 17, 2019 08:46:24 am
      Some going that mate, big well done.

What ratio are you doing your intermittent fasting at? I done 16:8 eating between midday and 8pm and lost a stone in two weeks off just walking some good miles with the dog when I first started.

Bought myself some runners for jogging yesterday so that'll be me getting going on jogs after my trip to The Lakes this weekend. Couch to 5k?
      Appreciate that mate. Also doing 16:8 but between 9pm and 1pm. Great effort that mate. Difficult at first to skip breakfast but after a while you’re not even hungry in the morning.

Heard good things about that couch to 5k mate, give it a go and keep us updated.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,496 posts | 2498 
      Reply #2167: May 17, 2019 08:51:18 am

That’s outstanding mate well done - keep it up.

I’m still hammering the HIIT running at the moment. Covering c.4.5km in 17 mins but it is really hard.

Did one 3k on Monday just over 3 min km but nearly killed me (stupid after the ale I drank on Sunday!).

Can defo see it changing my physique though. Looking to reintroduce one good steady track run 8-10km a week from next week.

Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2168: May 17, 2019 11:17:56 am

What ratio are you doing your intermittent fasting at? I done 16:8 eating between midday and 8pm

What's this Dave?
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,449 posts | 436 
      Reply #2169: May 17, 2019 12:49:34 pm
      That’s outstanding mate well done - keep it up.

I’m still hammering the HIIT running at the moment. Covering c.4.5km in 17 mins but it is really hard.

Did one 3k on Monday just over 3 min km but nearly killed me (stupid after the ale I drank on Sunday!).

Can defo see it changing my physique though. Looking to reintroduce one good steady track run 8-10km a week from next week.
      Brilliant mate, really need to get involved in a bit more HIIT training. So how do you work it, do you record your sprints only?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,496 posts | 2498 
      Reply #2170: May 17, 2019 01:01:10 pm
      Brilliant mate, really need to get involved in a bit more HIIT training. So how do you work it, do you record your sprints only?

Spot on - I run maybe 5 mins to warm up (maybe at 8.5-9 mph) then move to 30 sec on 30 sec off at 10-12mph at the mo.

Capture your distance after 5 mins and at the end; divide the difference by 2; add to the figure after 5 mins and you have the distance you’ve ran. Add the 5 mins to half the residual period and u have ur time.

I’m enjoying it but I miss the empty head time of a long run.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,449 posts | 436 
      Reply #2171: May 17, 2019 01:40:03 pm
      Spot on - I run maybe 5 mins to warm up (maybe at 8.5-9 mph) then move to 30 sec on 30 sec off at 10-12mph at the mo.

Capture your distance after 5 mins and at the end; divide the difference by 2; add to the figure after 5 mins and you have the distance you’ve ran. Add the 5 mins to half the residual period and u have ur time.

Brilliant, will give this a try over the next week.

I’m enjoying it but I miss the empty head time of a long run.
      Yes mate, this is what I’m enjoying. Focusing only on your breathing and putting one foot in front of the other drives all other problems out of your head.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,496 posts | 2498 
      Reply #2172: May 17, 2019 02:56:58 pm
      Brilliant, will give this a try over the next week.
      Yes mate, this is what I’m enjoying. Focusing only on your breathing and putting one foot in front of the other drives all other problems out of your head.

100%
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,449 posts | 436 
      Reply #2173: May 31, 2019 05:38:29 pm
      Day 50 of cardio (minus 3 rest days :roll: ).

Couple of rest days in the last 2 weeks as things definitely started to catch up with me. Was tired all the time and it was affecting my weights training and also my job to an extent.

Not entirely sure what whether it was the exercise itself, the drop in body fat or the intermittent fasting but I just needed some time away from it all and have got my motivation back.

Didn’t have too much time this morning and I have 90 minutes of football to play tomorrow afternoon so opted for 5k instead of my usual 10k. So that’s now 135k ran in the last 50 days (a lot more including football every Sunday). Completed a 10k on Sunday and shaved a bit more off my pb, finishing it in 44:13. On the days I’m not running I’m getting at least 30 minutes of cardio in through either the bike, elliptical or circuit training.

Off on holiday in a couple of weeks time so I’m aiming to keep things going and then I can enjoy some rest (although not much as it is a stag do).
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,224 posts | 201 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2174: Jun 15, 2019 02:29:23 pm
      Getting ready to run my first timed 5k this morning. Training for a half marathon at the end of July.

Quick Reply