Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Huddersfield [Premier League] Fri 26th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W9 D6 L7

Fitness thread

Read 134975 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,221 posts | 2166 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2150: Apr 09, 2019 01:56:59 pm
      I usually roll both feet (just for balance) in the mornings and both calves, only for a few minutes, then throughout the day just when I think about it. I probably don't do an hour or so total. Not sure how anyone would have the time for that.

You can also roll a frozen water bottle, that serves the purpose of stretching and also icing or treating any inflammation.

PF is a tricky thing...I had it in both feet for about a year, I wasn't really diligent in treatment, but it finally just went away. Felt like I was walking on broken glass in the mornings when I got out of bed. They also have a special sock you can wear at night, keeps the foot stretched, I've heard they do work although I never tried them.

I think it's probably an age thing as well, and I'm just taking longer to heal because I'm older.
      I totally understand what you mean about getting out of bed in the morning.

I'll have a look for the sock as well, it's worth a punt.

Thanks for the info.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,517 posts | 3293 
      Reply #2151: Apr 09, 2019 01:58:23 pm
      This is the only rehab protocol that cured by tendinopathy.
      And it’s evidence based 👍

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2658946/

That's interesting because I've actually been doing the Eccentric training and I have had a lesser amount of pain as of late. I'm going to go ahead and ramp it up a little bit and make sure I don't slack off of the training.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,204 posts | 189 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2152: Apr 21, 2019 08:09:26 pm
      I have been back running for almost a month. Last week got a personal best of 10:05 per mile pace. Will be running a half marathon in July, raising money for type 1 diabetes foundation.

Quick Reply