Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Thu 16th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fitness thread

Read 154704 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,566 posts | 2577 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2175: Jun 16, 2019 07:41:26 am
      Getting ready to run my first timed 5k this morning. Training for a half marathon at the end of July.

Hope it went well
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,589 posts | 475 
      Reply #2176: Jun 16, 2019 08:40:55 am
      Coming up to the 3 month mark of doing a bit of training

Up to 3 times a week now, which I never thought I could be arsed doing but as with a lot of things it's addictive once you get going. Been addicted to a lot worse over the years 😂

I'm a hell of a lot stronger than when I started (was weak as pish to be fair)

Can definitely see and feel the difference but not quite as much as I'd have liked. Entirely my fault though as I just enjoy eating sh*te too much and I've got an eating plan I should be sticking to but just don't.

Next holiday is 28th August so plan on cleaning up my eating (from tomorrow, diets always start on a Monday don't they? 😂) and try to get into better shape for it.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,242 posts | 214 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2177: Jun 16, 2019 01:11:03 pm

My finish time was 35:02.01. I finished 158 out of 578 and 14 of 84 for the females 40 to 49.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,052 posts | 4275 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2178: Aug 17, 2019 12:50:40 am
      Well I'm still well into my workouts and diet, managed to keep my motivation and determination, even on days that have been a nightmare at work and where I could easily not bother. I'm probably feeling better now than I ever have done even though it will take a while yet to get back to the level I was before, unfortunately you lose it easier than you can re-build it. My goal is to get back to around 235-240lbs and I'm currently at around 220ish. It's going well though so hopefully I can continue to stick with it. Struggled with my left arm for the last week from a slight injury but nothing major, just one of them injuries that happen from time to time.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,242 posts | 214 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2179: Aug 31, 2019 03:57:39 pm
      Great way to start the holiday weekend, ran 6.33 miles in1:06:36. My average pace was 10:31 with average speed of 5.7.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,935 posts | 3122 
      Reply #2180: Oct 13, 2019 05:14:31 pm
      A bit of a balls up at the Brum 1/2 marathon today with the course reduced to 11 miles, contestants being told it was due to flooding but turns out it was due to a “suspicious car”.

To say there was a few runners fuming would be a understatement.

Finished in 1.32.46
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,971 posts | 990 
      Reply #2181: Oct 13, 2019 07:05:13 pm
      A bit of a balls up at the Brum 1/2 marathon today with the course reduced to 11 miles, contestants being told it was due to flooding but turns out it was due to a “suspicious car”.

To say there was a few runners fuming would be a understatement.

Finished in 1.32.46

Good effort that👍
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,242 posts | 214 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2182: Oct 13, 2019 07:11:43 pm
      Ran 6.27 miles yesterday in 1:05:33 with a pace of 10:27. My pace is getting better. Already starting my training fo the Chicago marathon next year. I would like to finish it in 4 hours.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,052 posts | 4275 
      Reply #2183: Mar 06, 2020 10:16:08 pm
      Few young lads about 17 I’d say, have just started going to the gym I go to. Full of attitude, “yeah bruv” to anything and everything, walk with that walk too where they kind of swing their arms about to look bigger. In actual fact though, I think the wind would blow them over. Skinny, chav type who think their tough guys.

One of them tried to deadlift 160kg, and I knew it wasn’t going to go well for him because he was just putting more and more weight on without looking like he knew how much he was actually putting on and within seconds of trying to lift it, off came the plates and he gorilla walked off to do something else.

Then his mate was trying to bench press and didn’t even know he had an uneven weight which nearly went very badly for him if someone hadn’t of grabbed the bar.

They walked in as if they were something special, then seemed completely different when they left half hour later.

Obviously not been in a gym properly before but if you don’t know what you are doing then ask or better yet, take the induction. Could have done themselves a bad injury all because of their attitude to it.

Would have helped them out if they’d asked or if they hadn’t shown the attitude, lesson learned for them though hopefully.
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2020 10:26:28 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 155 posts | 72 
      Reply #2184: Mar 06, 2020 10:29:24 pm
      Few young lads about 17 I’d say, have just started going to the gym I go to. Full of attitude, “yeah bruv” to anything and everything, walk with that walk too where they kind of swing their arms about to look bigger. In actual fact though, I think the wind would blow them over. Skinny, chav type who think their tough guys.

One of them tried to deadlift 160kg, and I knew it wasn’t going to go well for him because he was just putting more and more weight on without looking like he knew how much he was actually putting on and within seconds of trying to lift it, off came the plates and he gorilla walked off to do something else.

Then his mate was trying to bench press and didn’t even know he had an uneven weight which nearly went very badly for him if someone hadn’t of grabbed the bar.

They walked in as if they were something special, then seemed completely different when they left half hour later.

Obviously not been in a gym properly before but if you don’t know what you are doing then ask or better yet, take the induction. Could have done themselves a bad injury all because of their attitude to it.

Would have helped them out if they’d asked or if they hadn’t shown the attitude, lesson learned for them though hopefully.

They'll learn, boys trying to be men  ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,388 posts | 4324 
      Reply #2185: Mar 06, 2020 10:41:23 pm
      Ran 6.27 miles yesterday in 1:05:33 with a pace of 10:27. My pace is getting better. Already starting my training fo the Chicago marathon next year. I would like to finish it in 4 hours.

that would be quite impressive for a first Marathon mate. When I finished cycling I wanted to do a Marathon but ruptured my Achilles and boy did that hurt never bothered running since.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,220 posts | 3579 
      Reply #2186: Mar 06, 2020 10:45:32 pm
      Took a look at myself in the mirror the other day and was disgusted. 203 lbs. 4 years ago this month I was 177. So.....time to try and get back on the horse. I've always been a runner, but I've been dealing with injuries the last couple of years, finally starting to put that behind me so I'm hoping to be able to get more regular with my running, started lifting weights again and am trying to eat low calorie, low carb, low refined sugar as I can along with 16/8 intermittent fasting. 28 lbs to lose, lost one this week so hopefully I can stick with it. Going to take progress pictures every week and weigh myself everyday. I love food so this is really tough on me, my sweet tooth is the most dangerous thing about me. Hope to be able to keep it in check. If anyone has any tips on that, I'd love to hear them. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,052 posts | 4275 
      Reply #2187: Mar 06, 2020 10:48:19 pm
      They'll learn, boys trying to be men  ;D

Very much the case but they’ll learn, well unless they decide to not go back.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,388 posts | 4324 
      Reply #2188: Mar 06, 2020 10:52:22 pm
      Took a look at myself in the mirror the other day and was disgusted. 203 lbs. 4 years ago this month I was 177. So.....time to try and get back on the horse. I've always been a runner, but I've been dealing with injuries the last couple of years, finally starting to put that behind me so I'm hoping to be able to get more regular with my running, started lifting weights again and am trying to eat low calorie, low carb, low refined sugar as I can along with 16/8 intermittent fasting. 28 lbs to lose, lost one this week so hopefully I can stick with it. Going to take progress pictures every week and weigh myself everyday. I love food so this is really tough on me, my sweet tooth is the most dangerous thing about me. Hope to be able to keep it in check. If anyone has any tips on that, I'd love to hear them. 

sounds all too familiar. Have you tired juicing I can hack it for about three weeks and it does give you a good weight loss in that time. I just cant get motivated anymore for exercise as I am never going to be as fit as I was 20 years ago or even 10.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,220 posts | 3579 
      Reply #2189: Mar 07, 2020 04:01:49 pm
      sounds all too familiar. Have you tired juicing I can hack it for about three weeks and it does give you a good weight loss in that time. I just cant get motivated anymore for exercise as I am never going to be as fit as I was 20 years ago or even 10.

Once I get started and lose a couple pounds I’m usually good, it’s just hating looking at desserts and saying no. I LOVE sweets. I would do the juicing but like you say, don’t think I could do it for very long.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,178 posts | 2240 
      Reply #2190: Mar 07, 2020 04:33:20 pm
      Once I get started and lose a couple pounds I’m usually good, it’s just hating looking at desserts and saying no. I LOVE sweets. I would do the juicing but like you say, don’t think I could do it for very long.

I've a sweet tooth like yourself FL and love snacking as well.

Started back running a while back as well as trying to eat a bit better and lost 5lbs so far.

I'm running more to try and stay healthier rather than losing massive amounts of weight as you start to think more of your health as you get over 40.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,220 posts | 3579 
      Reply #2191: Mar 27, 2020 12:53:04 pm
      Down about 10 lbs to 193 since I started a couple of weeks ago. Hit a bit of a plateau, so hoping to add even more cardio to kickstart another little bit of loss in the next couple weeks. Would love to be under 185 by mid April, pretty ambitious though. Still craving sweets.

Quick Reply