Trending Topics

Next match: Lyon v LFC [Friendly] Sun 11th Dec @ 2:00 pm
      Al Makhtoum Stadium

Today is the 9th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W13 D5 L7

Fitness thread

Read 193119 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,906 posts | 6569 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2392: Oct 02, 2022 09:49:33 pm
      Wish I could run 4 minutes let alone 4 miles.  ;D Well done mate.

havent you got a Car ? or even a bike ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,142 posts | 2092 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2393: Oct 03, 2022 06:29:27 am
      Quote from waltonl4 link=topic=5769.msg2503554# msg2503554 date=1664743773
      havent you got a Car ? or even a bike ?

I have both but waiting for a scan on my knees so can’t ride.   :f_doh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,303 posts | 3948 
      Reply #2394: Oct 03, 2022 10:45:07 pm
      Ran just over 4 miles earlier. First time out running in a long time having neglected it badly this summer.

Desperately needed - the mind had become incredibly lazy, cynical and irritable. Definitely bluntens those bad, energy sapping thoughts! F**k that!

Well done, now just keep it up, biggest mistake people make with running when first starting or going back to running is they run to fast because you think you can start off where you finished and you end up hating it and stop.

Run slow and if it gets too much walk then run again once you get your breath back.

I guarantee you this way you will enjoy it and carry on running.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,126 posts | 1532 
      Reply #2395: Oct 04, 2022 08:48:31 am
      Well done, now just keep it up, biggest mistake people make with running when first starting or going back to running is they run to fast because you think you can start off where you finished and you end up hating it and stop.

Run slow and if it gets too much walk then run again once you get your breath back.

I guarantee you this way you will enjoy it and carry on running.

Great advice. So so true and it takes a big conscious effort to pace yourself down to something that you are comfortable with. Took me a long long time to get to that stage as I often found myself gassed after a short distance
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,303 posts | 3948 
      Reply #2396: Oct 25, 2022 12:32:09 pm
      A big fat No from the London marathon ballot.

No great surprise it’s such a lottery.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,303 posts | 3948 
      Reply #2397: Nov 11, 2022 09:14:04 pm
      As my ASICS Gel trainers had come to the end of their life I thought I would try out the new fad of a energy returning foam trainer.

Couldn’t justify the cost of Vaporflys so got a pair Saucony endorphin speed.

Can’t yet say if they make me run faster but boy on long runs they are such a joy. After long run legs just feel so fresh 😊
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,474 posts | 5310 
      Reply #2398: Nov 11, 2022 10:28:19 pm
      As my ASICS Gel trainers had come to the end of their life I thought I would try out the new fad of a energy returning foam trainer.

Couldn’t justify the cost of Vaporflys so got a pair Saucony endorphin speed.

Can’t yet say if they make me run faster but boy on long runs they are such a joy. After long run legs just feel so fresh 😊

One of my favorite trainers. Be careful though if you need any arch support because the foam breaks down pretty quick and has caused me some knee pain.

I love them though, so light and bouncy. I only get about 300 miles from a pair though.
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2022 02:47:48 am by FL Red »
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,273 posts | 222 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2399: Nov 20, 2022 09:42:05 pm
      I haven't been running for a long time. I really need to get back into it. I felt much better when I was running.

Quick Reply