Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225560 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #1978: May 14, 2018 10:03:57 pm
      Think I might go to the gym soon, my right bicep is bigger than my left one.

:D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #1979: May 14, 2018 10:05:23 pm
      Makes the beer taste even better

That's the F***ing incentive I've been looking for.

Might go for a jog.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1980: May 14, 2018 10:05:59 pm

Done it before. Really good fun, but you may end up waiting about while others finish obstacles which is a bit annoying.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1981: May 14, 2018 11:02:03 pm
      Bit the bullet and paid a few quid for 18 sessions with a PT at a place by my work in town. It was my third session of the programme at 6am this morning and it'll be the same time tomorrow and Wednesday.

I never knew what a 'Prowler' in a gym was  until this morning and I'll be honest, I wish I still never knew. I never want to see one those little fuckers again. Was at the side of my car at 6.50 this morning throwing up in the car park by The Railway pub on Tithebarn Street about ten feet away from a rough sleeper. It was all a bit surreal.

Determined to see this through, though, but I'll admit that even my hair is hurting as I sit here typing this. My pains are in pain and all that.

Never thought I'd like or feel comfortable using a PT but already I can see the benefits as the work rate levels in these 45 minute sessions are probably ten fold to what I'd normally put in and think was decent if I was on my own.

Bring on tomorrow...

😥

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1982: May 15, 2018 07:11:50 am

Or in my case the big fat b***ard (think Austin Powers!) trying to get out.........
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1983: May 15, 2018 08:50:22 am
      Done it before. Really good fun, but you may end up waiting about while others finish obstacles which is a bit annoying.
      Yeah that was my thoughts, heart rate going down and muscle fatigue setting in as you wait on an obstacle. Did you breeze it?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1984: May 15, 2018 09:49:28 am
      Yeah that was my thoughts, heart rate going down and muscle fatigue setting in as you wait on an obstacle. Did you breeze it?

Yeh I’m with Mags - it’s good to do with mates or for charity but I found it frustrating.

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1985: May 15, 2018 11:18:43 am
      Just after doing 9.2k - made all the more difficult with this heat. About the 7th time I’ve ran this distance in the last 2-3 weeks. Trying to work towards the 10 mile (16 kilometre) mark needed for tough mudder.

Trying to find a way of extending the route is more difficult than it seems, trying to avoid all the main roads and expressways here in the city centre.

So I’ve never much been in to cardio, preferring the weights scene myself, can anyone tell me what would be a decent time for this distance? Then, depending on the answer, I may share what I got.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1986: May 15, 2018 01:50:20 pm
      Just after doing 9.2k - made all the more difficult with this heat. About the 7th time I’ve ran this distance in the last 2-3 weeks. Trying to work towards the 10 mile (16 kilometre) mark needed for tough mudder.

Trying to find a way of extending the route is more difficult than it seems, trying to avoid all the main roads and expressways here in the city centre.

So I’ve never much been in to cardio, preferring the weights scene myself, can anyone tell me what would be a decent time for this distance? Then, depending on the answer, I may share what I got.

;D.

Everybody is different mate - physiologically and mentally so there’ll always be someone quicker than you.

I run a lot but not competitively in a club or anything just to keep the belly down!

I average about 4:30 per km now. When I started about 5 years ago I was about 6min.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1987: May 15, 2018 02:05:19 pm
      ;D.

Everybody is different mate - physiologically and mentally so there’ll always be someone quicker than you.

I run a lot but not competitively in a club or anything just to keep the belly down!

I average about 4:30 per km now. When I started about 5 years ago I was about 6min.
      Oh well, I managed 4:54 today. The route I take has a lot of uphills mind and my calves are feeling it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1988: May 15, 2018 02:59:57 pm
      Oh well, I managed 4:54 today. The route I take has a lot of uphills mind and my calves are feeling it.
      More than decent mate 👍
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #1989: May 15, 2018 03:31:05 pm

Pain is the PT telling me I'm back on the Prowler at 6am tomorrow morning.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1990: May 15, 2018 03:45:47 pm
      Pain is the PT telling me I'm back on the Prowler at 6am tomorrow morning.
      Better than the prowler on you mate.......
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1991: May 15, 2018 05:09:11 pm

It was nowhere near as hard as all the training I’d done for it. They have excellent training programmes on their website. It would have been harder if not for the 10 minute breathers every 30 minutes or so
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1992: May 15, 2018 05:22:33 pm
      It was nowhere near as hard as all the training I’d done for it. They have excellent training programmes on their website. It would have been harder if not for the 10 minute breathers every 30 minutes or so
      I had a look at the training programme but didn’t think much of it to be honest. Either way, it’s good motivation to get/keep fit I suppose. If it wasn’t for this, I certainly wouldn’t be out running every other day.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1993: May 15, 2018 06:52:51 pm
      I had a look at the training programme but didn’t think much of it to be honest. Either way, it’s good motivation to get/keep fit I suppose. If it wasn’t for this, I certainly wouldn’t be out running every other day.

Might be different now, it was heavily focused on lifting your own body weight which is key. Lots of dips, pull ups, push ups and skipping thrown in too
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1994: May 20, 2018 11:14:13 am
      About to head out to try the distance for the relay this time next week. Was tempted to go out on a big night out last night to replicate the inevitable hangover I'll have after the final next week, however couldn't do that to myself 2 weeks in a row.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1995: May 20, 2018 03:14:17 pm
      About to head out to try the distance for the relay this time next week. Was tempted to go out on a big night out last night to replicate the inevitable hangover I'll have after the final next week, however couldn't do that to myself 2 weeks in a row.

How’d it go mate?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1996: May 20, 2018 03:25:43 pm

Went well, route I planned ended up being slightly shorter than planned but did 7.5m in just over an hour so pretty happy.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1997: May 20, 2018 03:31:27 pm
      Went well, route I planned ended up being slightly shorter than planned but did 7.5m in just over an hour so pretty happy.
      Class mate, well done.

Frustrating when the route is shorter than you think. Thought I managed a bit over 10km the other day, only to see after I had finished that I had got to 9.8km.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1998: May 20, 2018 03:34:51 pm

That’ll stand you in good stead - I’ve fogotten is it the 1st or 3rd you’re doing?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1999: May 20, 2018 04:24:49 pm
      That’ll stand you in good stead - I’ve fogotten is it the 1st or 3rd you’re doing?

First leg which is 8.3, but I think it's mostly downhill which will make it easier.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2000: May 20, 2018 05:01:15 pm
      First leg which is 8.3, but I think it's mostly downhill which will make it easier.

Aye you’ll be fine - just be careful at start.

It can be tricky negotiating a path but the upside of that is that the first mile is gone before you realise.

Quick Reply