Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225581 times
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2139: Mar 28, 2019 07:51:08 am
      Good man Higgy - just keep the momentum going youā€™ll get a huge buzz.

Cheers pal.

Even the pain the next day feels good 😂
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2140: Mar 28, 2019 07:55:52 am
      Cheers pal.

Even the pain the next day feels good 😂

Haha I broke a rule and had a few scoops midweek last night.

One of my best mates is over from Oz as his mum has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Big night was Friday distracting him so last night was a more sedate blether about the universe......

My arse will be on the treadmill at 4:30 today though 💪
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2141: Mar 28, 2019 08:08:52 am
      Been playing loads of squash lately, class game
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2142: Apr 09, 2019 11:39:27 am
      IT band syndrome in my left knee, well thatā€™s what I have diagnosed  ;D

So need to cut back on the running and 5 a side for a bit.

Really frustrating as it only flares up when actively participating.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2143: Apr 09, 2019 12:09:50 pm
      IT band syndrome in my left knee, well thatā€™s what I have diagnosed  ;D

So need to cut back on the running and 5 a side for a bit.

Really frustrating as it only flares up when actively participating.

Can be a bugger mate.

They call it the personal trainerā€™s injury because it often flares up when youā€™re running gait / posture are unnatural - like if youā€™re running with someone or at at someone elseā€™s pace.

You might find you need to start back when itā€™s still not 100% - in my experience I tend to have to start back gingerly when still feeling it because the tendons donā€™t want total rest.

Weird injury.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2144: Apr 09, 2019 01:25:53 pm
      Can be a bugger mate.

They call it the personal trainerā€™s injury because it often flares up when youā€™re running gait / posture are unnatural - like if youā€™re running with someone or at at someone elseā€™s pace.

You might find you need to start back when itā€™s still not 100% - in my experience I tend to have to start back gingerly when still feeling it because the tendons donā€™t want total rest.

Weird injury.

I've got Plantar fasciitis in both feet from (probably) doing the Camino.
      Taking ages to heal, interfering with my golf, and I can only do weights or exercise bike.
      Pain in the F***ing arse.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2145: Apr 09, 2019 01:43:25 pm
      I've got Plantar fasciitis in both feet from (probably) doing the Camino.
      Taking ages to heal, interfering with my golf, and I can only do weights or exercise bike.
      Pain in the f**king arse.

I assume you are probably already doing this, but get one of those nubby foot rollers and roll your feet every morning and throughout the day, also a muscle roller on the calf muscles will do wonders as well. I have Achilles Tendinitis in my left heel and I have to do this to manage it. Same treatments seem to work for both injuries.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2146: Apr 09, 2019 01:47:11 pm
      I assume you are probably already doing this, but get one of those nubby foot rollers and roll your feet every morning and throughout the day, also a muscle roller on the calf muscles will do wonders as well. I have Achilles Tendinitis in my left heel and I have to do this to manage it. Same treatments seem to work for both injuries.

I've been using it, but probably not enough, as there isn't really any improvement.
      Any idea on how long each day I should be using it for?
      The Physio told me an hour or so
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2147: Apr 09, 2019 01:50:53 pm
      I've been using it, but probably not enough, as there isn't really any improvement.
      Any idea on how long each day I should be using it for?
      The Physio told me an hour or so

I usually roll both feet (just for balance) in the mornings and both calves, only for a few minutes, then throughout the day just when I think about it. I probably don't do an hour or so total. Not sure how anyone would have the time for that.

You can also roll a frozen water bottle, that serves the purpose of stretching and also icing or treating any inflammation.

PF is a tricky thing...I had it in both feet for about a year, I wasn't really diligent in treatment, but it finally just went away. Felt like I was walking on broken glass in the mornings when I got out of bed. They also have a special sock you can wear at night, keeps the foot stretched, I've heard they do work although I never tried them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2148: Apr 09, 2019 01:51:27 pm

This is the only rehab protocol that cured by tendinopathy.
      And itā€™s evidence based 👍

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2658946/
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2149: Apr 09, 2019 01:56:59 pm
      I usually roll both feet (just for balance) in the mornings and both calves, only for a few minutes, then throughout the day just when I think about it. I probably don't do an hour or so total. Not sure how anyone would have the time for that.

You can also roll a frozen water bottle, that serves the purpose of stretching and also icing or treating any inflammation.

PF is a tricky thing...I had it in both feet for about a year, I wasn't really diligent in treatment, but it finally just went away. Felt like I was walking on broken glass in the mornings when I got out of bed. They also have a special sock you can wear at night, keeps the foot stretched, I've heard they do work although I never tried them.

I think it's probably an age thing as well, and I'm just taking longer to heal because I'm older.
      I totally understand what you mean about getting out of bed in the morning.

I'll have a look for the sock as well, it's worth a punt.

Thanks for the info.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2150: Apr 09, 2019 01:58:23 pm
      This is the only rehab protocol that cured by tendinopathy.
      And itā€™s evidence based 👍

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2658946/

That's interesting because I've actually been doing the Eccentric training and I have had a lesser amount of pain as of late. I'm going to go ahead and ramp it up a little bit and make sure I don't slack off of the training.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2151: Apr 21, 2019 08:09:26 pm
      I have been back running for almost a month. Last week got a personal best of 10:05 per mile pace. Will be running a half marathon in July, raising money for type 1 diabetes foundation.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2152: Apr 24, 2019 08:19:13 am
      I have been back running for almost a month. Last week got a personal best of 10:05 per mile pace. Will be running a half marathon in July, raising money for type 1 diabetes foundation.

Go Jenn!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2153: Apr 24, 2019 10:32:38 am
      Away to Tenerife mid-June so have changed up my routine quite a bit. Iā€™m now doing some element of cardio every day, have been for the last 13 days and aiming to keep going until I set off.

Sometimes itā€™s just 30 minutes on the bike, sometimes 30 minutes on the elliptical and sometimes both (on the days Iā€™m not doing weight training). I was out this morning and completed my third 10k over the last 2 weeks and looking to make this more regular.

I play for a Sunday team as well so that keeps me going (90 minutes in that heat on Sunday was fun). We are also starting to incorporate boxing training and PT workouts every couple of weeks.

Thinking of getting back in to Yoga And Muay Thai as well to mix it up a bit.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2154: Apr 24, 2019 12:50:45 pm
      Away to Tenerife mid-June so have changed up my routine quite a bit. Iā€™m now doing some element of cardio every day, have been for the last 13 days and aiming to keep going until I set off.

Sometimes itā€™s just 30 minutes on the bike, sometimes 30 minutes on the elliptical and sometimes both (on the days Iā€™m not doing weight training). I was out this morning and completed my third 10k over the last 2 weeks and looking to make this more regular.

I play for a Sunday team as well so that keeps me going (90 minutes in that heat on Sunday was fun). We are also starting to incorporate boxing training and PT workouts every couple of weeks.

Thinking of getting back in to Yoga And Muay Thai as well to mix it up a bit.

Good stuff mate - keep it going thatā€™s superb.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2155: Apr 25, 2019 09:05:37 pm
      Well been back in the gym for a month now and starting to put the weight back on, my eating has been spot on again (yes the boring and repetitive meals 4/5 times a day, every day...hmm I hate fish though so thatā€™s a struggle!) but I am generally feeling better in myself. Back into a proper routine with the gym and have the enjoyment in it again so Iā€™m confident I will get back to the shape I was in  couple of years ago.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2156: Apr 25, 2019 09:21:23 pm
      Well been back in the gym for a month now and starting to put the weight back on, my eating has been spot on again (yes the boring and repetitive meals 4/5 times a day, every day...hmm I hate fish though so thatā€™s a struggle!) but I am generally feeling better in myself. Back into a proper routine with the gym and have the enjoyment in it again so Iā€™m confident I will get back to the shape I was in  couple of years ago.

Good man keep it up 💪
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2157: May 03, 2019 07:58:03 am
      Day 22 of cardio and my 6th 10k in that time. Felt really sluggish this morning, probably just fatigue setting in, but surprisingly it was my fastest ever 10k at 46 mins and 6 seconds.
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2019 08:40:38 am by ConzS »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2158: May 03, 2019 08:49:45 am
      Day 22 of cardio and my 6th 10k in that time. Felt really sluggish this morning, probably just fatigue setting in, but surprisingly it was my fastest ever 10k at 46 mins and 6 seconds.

Great effort buddy.

Iā€™m majoring in HIIT running at moment.

30 mins - 5 mins run at c. 7 mins mile pace, then 30 secs sprinting and 30 secs off. Completing 4.5km in under 4 min average (thatā€™s the actual distance Iā€™ve ran not the total covered if you know what I mean)

Loving it - definitely helping with the definition.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2159: May 03, 2019 09:04:11 am
      Great effort buddy.

Iā€™m majoring in HIIT running at moment.

30 mins - 5 mins run at c. 7 mins mile pace, then 30 secs sprinting and 30 secs off. Completing 4.5km in under 4 min average (thatā€™s the actual distance Iā€™ve ran not the total covered if you know what I mean)

Loving it - definitely helping with the definition.
      Yes mate, makes perfect sense. Might give that a try, anything to help get rid of that stubborn body fat.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2160: May 04, 2019 01:07:11 am
      I am training for a half marathon in July. I ran 3.1 miles this morning in 32:56.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2161: May 04, 2019 08:47:41 am
      I am training for a half marathon in July. I ran 3.1 miles this morning in 32:56.

Well in Jenn.

Keep it up girl - my boys still ask about the ā€œnice ladyā€ they met in Slug & Lettuce with Dave back in 2015 ;)

Quick Reply