Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225563 times
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2162: May 04, 2019 11:36:42 am
      Well in Jenn.

Keep it up girl - my boys still ask about the ā€œnice ladyā€ they met in Slug & Lettuce with Dave back in 2015 ;)

Thanks! It was great meeting your family. It hard to believe that was 4 years ago. I really hope to get over there again soon.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2163: May 17, 2019 07:48:03 am
      Day 36 of cardio (minus one rest day).

Today was a running day and my 10th 10k in 36 days. Managed to knock 30 seconds off my pb with a total time of 45:36.

Have lost about 3.5 - 4 kg in that time, weighing in at 80.2kg earlier in the week (lightest Iā€™ve been since about 18).

Itā€™s been a challenging month and a bit, not helped by the intermittent fasting and fasted cardio, but really started to feel (and see) the benefits.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2164: May 17, 2019 08:09:14 am

Today was a running day and my 10th 10k in 36 days. Managed to knock 30 seconds off my pb with a total time of 45:36.

Have lost about 3.5 - 4 kg in that time, weighing in at 80.2kg earlier in the week (lightest Iā€™ve been since about 18).

Itā€™s been a challenging month and a bit, not helped by the intermittent fasting and fasted cardio, but really started to feel (and see) the benefits.

Some going that mate, big well done.

What ratio are you doing your intermittent fasting at? I done 16:8 eating between midday and 8pm and lost a stone in two weeks off just walking some good miles with the dog when I first started.

Bought myself some runners for jogging yesterday so that'll be me getting going on jogs after my trip to The Lakes this weekend. Couch to 5k?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2165: May 17, 2019 08:46:24 am
      Some going that mate, big well done.

What ratio are you doing your intermittent fasting at? I done 16:8 eating between midday and 8pm and lost a stone in two weeks off just walking some good miles with the dog when I first started.

Bought myself some runners for jogging yesterday so that'll be me getting going on jogs after my trip to The Lakes this weekend. Couch to 5k?
      Appreciate that mate. Also doing 16:8 but between 9pm and 1pm. Great effort that mate. Difficult at first to skip breakfast but after a while youā€™re not even hungry in the morning.

Heard good things about that couch to 5k mate, give it a go and keep us updated.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2166: May 17, 2019 08:51:18 am

Thatā€™s outstanding mate well done - keep it up.

Iā€™m still hammering the HIIT running at the moment. Covering c.4.5km in 17 mins but it is really hard.

Did one 3k on Monday just over 3 min km but nearly killed me (stupid after the ale I drank on Sunday!).

Can defo see it changing my physique though. Looking to reintroduce one good steady track run 8-10km a week from next week.

Kopite78
      Reply #2167: May 17, 2019 11:17:56 am

What ratio are you doing your intermittent fasting at? I done 16:8 eating between midday and 8pm

What's this Dave?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2168: May 17, 2019 12:49:34 pm
      Thatā€™s outstanding mate well done - keep it up.

Iā€™m still hammering the HIIT running at the moment. Covering c.4.5km in 17 mins but it is really hard.

Did one 3k on Monday just over 3 min km but nearly killed me (stupid after the ale I drank on Sunday!).

Can defo see it changing my physique though. Looking to reintroduce one good steady track run 8-10km a week from next week.
      Brilliant mate, really need to get involved in a bit more HIIT training. So how do you work it, do you record your sprints only?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2169: May 17, 2019 01:01:10 pm
      Brilliant mate, really need to get involved in a bit more HIIT training. So how do you work it, do you record your sprints only?

Spot on - I run maybe 5 mins to warm up (maybe at 8.5-9 mph) then move to 30 sec on 30 sec off at 10-12mph at the mo.

Capture your distance after 5 mins and at the end; divide the difference by 2; add to the figure after 5 mins and you have the distance youā€™ve ran. Add the 5 mins to half the residual period and u have ur time.

Iā€™m enjoying it but I miss the empty head time of a long run.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2170: May 17, 2019 01:40:03 pm
      Spot on - I run maybe 5 mins to warm up (maybe at 8.5-9 mph) then move to 30 sec on 30 sec off at 10-12mph at the mo.

Capture your distance after 5 mins and at the end; divide the difference by 2; add to the figure after 5 mins and you have the distance youā€™ve ran. Add the 5 mins to half the residual period and u have ur time.

Brilliant, will give this a try over the next week.

Iā€™m enjoying it but I miss the empty head time of a long run.
      Yes mate, this is what Iā€™m enjoying. Focusing only on your breathing and putting one foot in front of the other drives all other problems out of your head.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2171: May 17, 2019 02:56:58 pm
      Brilliant, will give this a try over the next week.
      Yes mate, this is what Iā€™m enjoying. Focusing only on your breathing and putting one foot in front of the other drives all other problems out of your head.

100%
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2172: May 31, 2019 05:38:29 pm
      Day 50 of cardio (minus 3 rest days :roll: ).

Couple of rest days in the last 2 weeks as things definitely started to catch up with me. Was tired all the time and it was affecting my weights training and also my job to an extent.

Not entirely sure what whether it was the exercise itself, the drop in body fat or the intermittent fasting but I just needed some time away from it all and have got my motivation back.

Didnā€™t have too much time this morning and I have 90 minutes of football to play tomorrow afternoon so opted for 5k instead of my usual 10k. So thatā€™s now 135k ran in the last 50 days (a lot more including football every Sunday). Completed a 10k on Sunday and shaved a bit more off my pb, finishing it in 44:13. On the days Iā€™m not running Iā€™m getting at least 30 minutes of cardio in through either the bike, elliptical or circuit training.

Off on holiday in a couple of weeks time so Iā€™m aiming to keep things going and then I can enjoy some rest (although not much as it is a stag do).
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2173: Jun 15, 2019 02:29:23 pm
      Getting ready to run my first timed 5k this morning. Training for a half marathon at the end of July.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2174: Jun 16, 2019 07:41:26 am
      Getting ready to run my first timed 5k this morning. Training for a half marathon at the end of July.

Hope it went well
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2175: Jun 16, 2019 08:40:55 am
      Coming up to the 3 month mark of doing a bit of training

Up to 3 times a week now, which I never thought I could be arsed doing but as with a lot of things it's addictive once you get going. Been addicted to a lot worse over the years 😂

I'm a hell of a lot stronger than when I started (was weak as pish to be fair)

Can definitely see and feel the difference but not quite as much as I'd have liked. Entirely my fault though as I just enjoy eating sh*te too much and I've got an eating plan I should be sticking to but just don't.

Next holiday is 28th August so plan on cleaning up my eating (from tomorrow, diets always start on a Monday don't they? 😂) and try to get into better shape for it.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2176: Jun 16, 2019 01:11:03 pm

My finish time was 35:02.01. I finished 158 out of 578 and 14 of 84 for the females 40 to 49.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2177: Aug 17, 2019 12:50:40 am
      Well I'm still well into my workouts and diet, managed to keep my motivation and determination, even on days that have been a nightmare at work and where I could easily not bother. I'm probably feeling better now than I ever have done even though it will take a while yet to get back to the level I was before, unfortunately you lose it easier than you can re-build it. My goal is to get back to around 235-240lbs and I'm currently at around 220ish. It's going well though so hopefully I can continue to stick with it. Struggled with my left arm for the last week from a slight injury but nothing major, just one of them injuries that happen from time to time.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2178: Aug 31, 2019 03:57:39 pm
      Great way to start the holiday weekend, ran 6.33 miles in1:06:36. My average pace was 10:31 with average speed of 5.7.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2179: Oct 13, 2019 05:14:31 pm
      A bit of a balls up at the Brum 1/2 marathon today with the course reduced to 11 miles, contestants being told it was due to flooding but turns out it was due to a ā€œsuspicious carā€.

To say there was a few runners fuming would be a understatement.

Finished in 1.32.46
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #2180: Oct 13, 2019 07:05:13 pm
      A bit of a balls up at the Brum 1/2 marathon today with the course reduced to 11 miles, contestants being told it was due to flooding but turns out it was due to a ā€œsuspicious carā€.

To say there was a few runners fuming would be a understatement.

Finished in 1.32.46

Good effort that👍
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2181: Oct 13, 2019 07:11:43 pm
      Ran 6.27 miles yesterday in 1:05:33 with a pace of 10:27. My pace is getting better. Already starting my training fo the Chicago marathon next year. I would like to finish it in 4 hours.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2182: Mar 06, 2020 10:16:08 pm
      Few young lads about 17 Iā€™d say, have just started going to the gym I go to. Full of attitude, ā€œyeah bruvā€ to anything and everything, walk with that walk too where they kind of swing their arms about to look bigger. In actual fact though, I think the wind would blow them over. Skinny, chav type who think their tough guys.

One of them tried to deadlift 160kg, and I knew it wasnā€™t going to go well for him because he was just putting more and more weight on without looking like he knew how much he was actually putting on and within seconds of trying to lift it, off came the plates and he gorilla walked off to do something else.

Then his mate was trying to bench press and didnā€™t even know he had an uneven weight which nearly went very badly for him if someone hadnā€™t of grabbed the bar.

They walked in as if they were something special, then seemed completely different when they left half hour later.

Obviously not been in a gym properly before but if you donā€™t know what you are doing then ask or better yet, take the induction. Could have done themselves a bad injury all because of their attitude to it.

Would have helped them out if theyā€™d asked or if they hadnā€™t shown the attitude, lesson learned for them though hopefully.
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2020 10:26:28 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2183: Mar 06, 2020 10:29:24 pm
      Few young lads about 17 Iā€™d say, have just started going to the gym I go to. Full of attitude, ā€œyeah bruvā€ to anything and everything, walk with that walk too where they kind of swing their arms about to look bigger. In actual fact though, I think the wind would blow them over. Skinny, chav type who think their tough guys.

One of them tried to deadlift 160kg, and I knew it wasnā€™t going to go well for him because he was just putting more and more weight on without looking like he knew how much he was actually putting on and within seconds of trying to lift it, off came the plates and he gorilla walked off to do something else.

Then his mate was trying to bench press and didnā€™t even know he had an uneven weight which nearly went very badly for him if someone hadnā€™t of grabbed the bar.

They walked in as if they were something special, then seemed completely different when they left half hour later.

Obviously not been in a gym properly before but if you donā€™t know what you are doing then ask or better yet, take the induction. Could have done themselves a bad injury all because of their attitude to it.

Would have helped them out if theyā€™d asked or if they hadnā€™t shown the attitude, lesson learned for them though hopefully.

They'll learn, boys trying to be men  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2184: Mar 06, 2020 10:41:23 pm
      Ran 6.27 miles yesterday in 1:05:33 with a pace of 10:27. My pace is getting better. Already starting my training fo the Chicago marathon next year. I would like to finish it in 4 hours.

that would be quite impressive for a first Marathon mate. When I finished cycling I wanted to do a Marathon but ruptured my Achilles and boy did that hurt never bothered running since.

Quick Reply