Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fitness thread

Read 225705 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2185: Mar 06, 2020 10:45:32 pm
      Took a look at myself in the mirror the other day and was disgusted. 203 lbs. 4 years ago this month I was 177. So.....time to try and get back on the horse. I've always been a runner, but I've been dealing with injuries the last couple of years, finally starting to put that behind me so I'm hoping to be able to get more regular with my running, started lifting weights again and am trying to eat low calorie, low carb, low refined sugar as I can along with 16/8 intermittent fasting. 28 lbs to lose, lost one this week so hopefully I can stick with it. Going to take progress pictures every week and weigh myself everyday. I love food so this is really tough on me, my sweet tooth is the most dangerous thing about me. Hope to be able to keep it in check. If anyone has any tips on that, I'd love to hear them. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2186: Mar 06, 2020 10:48:19 pm
      They'll learn, boys trying to be men  ;D

Very much the case but they’ll learn, well unless they decide to not go back.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2187: Mar 06, 2020 10:52:22 pm
      Took a look at myself in the mirror the other day and was disgusted. 203 lbs. 4 years ago this month I was 177. So.....time to try and get back on the horse. I've always been a runner, but I've been dealing with injuries the last couple of years, finally starting to put that behind me so I'm hoping to be able to get more regular with my running, started lifting weights again and am trying to eat low calorie, low carb, low refined sugar as I can along with 16/8 intermittent fasting. 28 lbs to lose, lost one this week so hopefully I can stick with it. Going to take progress pictures every week and weigh myself everyday. I love food so this is really tough on me, my sweet tooth is the most dangerous thing about me. Hope to be able to keep it in check. If anyone has any tips on that, I'd love to hear them. 

sounds all too familiar. Have you tired juicing I can hack it for about three weeks and it does give you a good weight loss in that time. I just cant get motivated anymore for exercise as I am never going to be as fit as I was 20 years ago or even 10.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2188: Mar 07, 2020 04:01:49 pm
      sounds all too familiar. Have you tired juicing I can hack it for about three weeks and it does give you a good weight loss in that time. I just cant get motivated anymore for exercise as I am never going to be as fit as I was 20 years ago or even 10.

Once I get started and lose a couple pounds I’m usually good, it’s just hating looking at desserts and saying no. I LOVE sweets. I would do the juicing but like you say, don’t think I could do it for very long.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #2189: Mar 07, 2020 04:33:20 pm
      Once I get started and lose a couple pounds I’m usually good, it’s just hating looking at desserts and saying no. I LOVE sweets. I would do the juicing but like you say, don’t think I could do it for very long.

I've a sweet tooth like yourself FL and love snacking as well.

Started back running a while back as well as trying to eat a bit better and lost 5lbs so far.

I'm running more to try and stay healthier rather than losing massive amounts of weight as you start to think more of your health as you get over 40.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2190: Mar 27, 2020 12:53:04 pm
      Down about 10 lbs to 193 since I started a couple of weeks ago. Hit a bit of a plateau, so hoping to add even more cardio to kickstart another little bit of loss in the next couple weeks. Would love to be under 185 by mid April, pretty ambitious though. Still craving sweets.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2191: Jun 12, 2020 01:45:17 pm
      So a little check in.....hit my goal weight of 175 right around my birthday (5/5) and have been working to maintain since then. I don't weigh myself everyday anymore, just every couple of days, I'm not as strict on my diet, I let myself have some desserts and not as strict on carbs. So far it's been going pretty well, I'm hovering anywhere between 175-179 which is where I need to be. Been physically about as healthy as I have been for a good while so I've been able to run and bike regularly. Got a new road bike and have clocked some decent rides and mileage. I've been able to knock my 5k PR down to 22:20 as of this morning. Not near as fast as my boys would run, but it's the fastest I've ever been able to run that distance. Overall, I'm so glad I made the decision to get myself back in shape. Feel so much better about myself. If you were in the place I was...not really liking your physical self but not really sure it was worth the effort to change...just get rid of that mentality and get moving. If you can get through the first two weeks, you'll be fine. Just stick with it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2192: Jun 12, 2020 02:05:56 pm
      So a little check in.....hit my goal weight of 175 right around my birthday (5/5) and have been working to maintain since then. I don't weigh myself everyday anymore, just every couple of days, I'm not as strict on my diet, I let myself have some desserts and not as strict on carbs. So far it's been going pretty well, I'm hovering anywhere between 175-179 which is where I need to be. Been physically about as healthy as I have been for a good while so I've been able to run and bike regularly. Got a new road bike and have clocked some decent rides and mileage. I've been able to knock my 5k PR down to 22:20 as of this morning. Not near as fast as my boys would run, but it's the fastest I've ever been able to run that distance. Overall, I'm so glad I made the decision to get myself back in shape. Feel so much better about myself. If you were in the place I was...not really liking your physical self but not really sure it was worth the effort to change...just get rid of that mentality and get moving. If you can get through the first two weeks, you'll be fine. Just stick with it.

Nice one mate.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2193: Jun 12, 2020 09:07:16 pm
      I am training to run the Chicago marathon in October. I am up to running 8 miles. It is also a great way to get fit.

I am running to raise money for the Chicago Fire foundation which help kids with getting equipment to play the game of football and provide them tutoring for school.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2194: Jun 13, 2020 03:04:16 pm
      Good luck no clue how anyone runs or wants to run a marathon! But is Chicago defo going on?Boston got moved from April to sept but they've cancelled it completely now.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2195: Jun 13, 2020 06:06:45 pm
      Good luck no clue how anyone runs or wants to run a marathon! But is Chicago defo going on?Boston got moved from April to sept but they've cancelled it completely now.

So far, the Chicago marathon is still going to happen. I received an email this week that they are still planning on having the event.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2196: Jun 19, 2020 09:16:04 am
      Can’t see any running events taking place over here this year.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #2197: Jul 01, 2020 02:21:24 pm
      Been off work since March on furlough so bought and put together a bike, not been on one for years,try and back to some sort of fitness. Hope I don't fall off?.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2198: Jul 01, 2020 04:10:33 pm
      Been off work since March on furlough so bought and put together a bike, not been on one for years,try and back to some sort of fitness. Hope I don't fall off?.

I got into biking about 2 months back. Love it. I got a Canyon road bike and have been doing at least one longer ride per week along with my normal running mileage.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #2199: Jul 02, 2020 02:00:13 pm
      I got into biking about 2 months back. Love it. I got a Canyon road bike and have been doing at least one longer ride per week along with my normal running mileage.

erm' not quite up to that yet,when ya in ya' 60's it's 1 step at a time.......#pedalpower.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2200: Jul 02, 2020 02:23:25 pm
      A stone on since the start of all this COVID stuff.

Haven't done a drop of exercise in months and just ate and drank like F**k. Need to get my finger out and hit the gym hard when they re-open.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2201: Nov 26, 2020 01:29:19 pm
      Ran a Turkey Trot 5k, ran my fastest time ever, 21:22. Pretty happy with that. My boys finished 2nd and 4th. Fun start to Thanksgiving.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2202: Nov 26, 2020 01:35:20 pm
      A stone on since the start of all this COVID stuff.

Haven't done a drop of exercise in months and just ate and drank like F**k. Need to get my finger out and hit the gym hard when they re-open.

Update:

Near 2 stone on. Still eating and drinking like F**k. Been nowhere near a gym.

Will leave it til the new year at this rate.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #2203: Dec 16, 2020 10:41:16 pm
      Update:

Near 2 stone on. Still eating and drinking like f**k. Been nowhere near a gym.

Will leave it til the new year at this rate.

Ach chill out mate. You know you can do it.......and the f***in reds are top of the league.

Have a beer. Have a cake. But have both on your perch ;)
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2204: Dec 17, 2020 07:20:55 am
      Ach chill out mate. You know you can do it.......and the f***in reds are top of the league.

Have a beer. Have a cake. But have both on your perch ;)

Haha aye mate we've earned it.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2205: Jan 21, 2021 05:05:57 pm
      Another update.

Decided enough was enough.

Woke up 2 Mondays ago and was 13st 13lbs.

Was 12st when I was properly working out up until the first lock down back in March.

6.5lbs off in a week and a half. Good start but plenty more work to do. Ideally would like to get back to 12 stone again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2206: Jan 21, 2021 05:43:13 pm
      Ran a half marathon this past Sunday, training wasn’t what I wanted the last couple weeks but I am pretty happy with my time, 1:41:48. Great weather and felt pretty good till about the 10 mile mark where I started to slow a bit.

The boy ran it in 1:19 but he’s fast like.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2207: Jan 22, 2021 05:58:58 pm
      Started a new job a month ago and lost over a stone already. Always been on my feet all day but this is on the constant go. Going to have to eat and drink more before I waste away 😬

Quick Reply