Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225576 times
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2208: Jan 23, 2021 06:44:21 am
      Started a new job a month ago and lost over a stone already. Always been on my feet all day but this is on the constant go. Going to have to eat and drink more before I waste away 😬

You'll need to change usernames to weebob at that rate.

Keep it up fella
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #2209: Jan 23, 2021 05:06:27 pm
      Hope you're all keeping well! I've heard of more people doing the couch to 5K recently... it's amazing what a difference to your wellness a little walk or run can do! also this "forest bathing" has grown in popularity over here, seems that being at one with nature calms the mind and heals the soul! try it :D

Personally I've been doing RED (Run Everyday) January and today's run was particularly cool as it started snowing!

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2210: Feb 04, 2021 08:09:06 pm
      Ran a half marathon this past Sunday, training wasnā€™t what I wanted the last couple weeks but I am pretty happy with my time, 1:41:48. Great weather and felt pretty good till about the 10 mile mark where I started to slow a bit.

The boy ran it in 1:19 but heā€™s fast like.

Jeez. Fast that
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2211: Feb 04, 2021 11:43:37 pm

Yea not sure where he gets it, built like a gazelle. Iā€™m built like an outhouse.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2212: Feb 05, 2021 07:03:02 am
      Yea not sure where he gets it, built like a gazelle. Iā€™m built like an outhouse.

Both real good times mate
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2213: Feb 05, 2021 07:15:55 am
      A stone off in just under 4 weeks.

One more to go and its getting tougher. As expected its starting to slow up.

Just need to stick at it and it'll come.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2214: Feb 05, 2021 07:43:31 am
      A stone off in just under 4 weeks.

Well done lad. Aiming for that myself this month. Last few years I have had a detox/fitness kick in February. Can't do it January as I find that month depressing enough!

I've heard of more people doing the couch to 5K recently

Oh it definitely works. I was a complete non runner when I did it about 10 years ago. But more than that I can do no proper running for about a year now and when I start back up I can push a 5k after a handful of runs.  After you've done it once in your life you'll never have to start from the beginning again.  It's a good programme to follow.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2215: Feb 05, 2021 07:48:30 am
      Well done lad. Aiming for that myself this month. Last few years I have had a detox/fitness kick in February. Can't do it January as I find that month depressing enough!

Oh it definitely works. I was a complete non runner when I did it about 10 years ago. But more than that I can do no proper running for about a year now and when I start back up I can push a 5k after a handful of runs.  After you've done it once in your life you'll never have to start from the beginning again.  It's a good programme to follow.

Cheers JD.

Hasn't been that tough either. Count calories, plenty of water and getting off my hole every day to go for a walk.

Toughest bit has been no drink. 36 days not that I'm counting 😳
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2216: Feb 05, 2021 08:14:36 am
      I'm exactly the same as JD with the January thing. The change in me, mentally, when I wake up on 1st February is mad.

Well, I've had a very stop start relationship with running over the last 5 years but got more regular since covid hit. Only thing is I'm 19 stone and was thumping around and picking up little injuries so I've now got a running coach who's given me a decent little plan and has me doing a session, with him, once a week. He's not having me running as far as I was doing but more regular miles and I'm understanding the importance of long and slow runs. Only thing with me is that I'm finding it hard to not throw that good booze session in, once a week the night before a rest day. Being at home working since March has made that my 'me thing' and I think it's needed. Comfortable with that but can tend to eat more on the hangover aswell, like yesterday. So, today, the aim is to sort of eat less than normal to allow for yesterday's extra calories. I think once I nail that I'll be comfortable. Totally trusting the system that the coach has got me on and not looking at times anymore. For now, anyway.

Higgy, great work mate
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2217: Feb 05, 2021 11:29:20 am
      Toughest bit has been no drink. 36 days not that I'm counting 😳

4 days and 11 hours and I am counting! 😂

Well, I've had a very stop start relationship with running over the last 5 years but got more regular since covid hit.

Me as well. Go through phases of getting into it Spring and Autumn but sack it off winter and summer.

Kids and covid has made it harder for me personally to get out running in last 12 months. Sure it's different for different people.

First run back I probably managed two runs of about 5 minutes with a mini walk in the middle and it took my thighs a few days to turn back from rock! I think I could do with losing about 2 and a half stone but I'm sure fitness experts would throw another stone on that!

I do find that when you've been out and turned yourself into a sweaty mess it does give you a bit of extra willpower to resist eating sh*te the rest of the day.

The dream is to be able to eat what you want knowing you can get out and run for an hour easy but that balance has always proved out of my reach so far. Fighting against genetics is my excuse.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2218: Feb 05, 2021 11:32:31 am
      I'm exactly the same as JD with the January thing. The change in me, mentally, when I wake up on 1st February is mad.

Well, I've had a very stop start relationship with running over the last 5 years but got more regular since covid hit. Only thing is I'm 19 stone and was thumping around and picking up little injuries so I've now got a running coach who's given me a decent little plan and has me doing a session, with him, once a week. He's not having me running as far as I was doing but more regular miles and I'm understanding the importance of long and slow runs. Only thing with me is that I'm finding it hard to not throw that good booze session in, once a week the night before a rest day. Being at home working since March has made that my 'me thing' and I think it's needed. Comfortable with that but can tend to eat more on the hangover aswell, like yesterday. So, today, the aim is to sort of eat less than normal to allow for yesterday's extra calories. I think once I nail that I'll be comfortable. Totally trusting the system that the coach has got me on and not looking at times anymore. For now, anyway.

Higgy, great work mate

If you are going to have a drinking night, do it the night before a longer run....you'll give it up a lot sooner that way ;D

Those rest days are important....get your sleep and let your body recover. Also, stretching is super important, I'm sure your coach hounds you about that. And don't skimp on running shoes. A good pair will make a world of difference.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2219: Feb 05, 2021 11:33:46 am
      Oh yea...and the more weight you lose, the faster (and farther) you can run with the same effort. It's a nice kick on effect.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2220: Feb 05, 2021 11:39:43 am
      Started the 2 week fasting thing to drop
      Some weight around the stomach and lean up a bit... both my knees have been knackered lately with treatments from the osteopath ... past week Iā€™ve walked 10 miles and feel leaner already, doing another 10 mile walk this weekend...

Finally feel as though Iā€™m getting my knees back after 5 months..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2221: Feb 05, 2021 01:26:41 pm
      Started the 2 week fasting thing to drop
      Some weight around the stomach and lean up a bit... both my knees have been knackered lately with treatments from the osteopath ... past week Iā€™ve walked 10 miles and feel leaner already, doing another 10 mile walk this weekend...

Finally feel as though Iā€™m getting my knees back after 5 months..

Tart cherry juice is supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory. Also, a buddy of mine had bad knees. He said he got injections of "chicken juice" in his knees and they feel like he was young again. I'm not sure what chicken juice is but he swears by it. He tried Cortisone and that never worked. This stuff basically lubricates the joint.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2222: Feb 05, 2021 01:42:43 pm
      Tart cherry juice is supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory. Also, a buddy of mine had bad knees. He said he got injections of "chicken juice" in his knees and they feel like he was young again. I'm not sure what chicken juice is but he swears by it. He tried Cortisone and that never worked. This stuff basically lubricates the joint.

Chicken Juice..?  😂

Iā€™ve been having fresh Tumeric, Ginger, Apple & Black pepper shots every morning with a large teaspoon of Nigella Sativa religiously every morning.. they have completely removed inflammation around my knees & improved my general health & diet...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2223: Feb 05, 2021 02:38:15 pm
      Chicken Juice..?  😂

Iā€™ve been having fresh Tumeric, Ginger, Apple & Black pepper shots every morning with a large teaspoon of Nigella Sativa religiously every morning.. they have completely removed inflammation around my knees & improved my general health & diet...

Found it....

For those patients looking for a ā€œnaturalā€ treatment for knee pain that does not involve surgery, there is something called a Rooster Comb Injection. These are done in the office, and are derived from an actual rooster comb. The medication that is made from the rooster is called hyaluronic acid.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2224: Feb 05, 2021 02:44:30 pm
      Found it....

For those patients looking for a ā€œnaturalā€ treatment for knee pain that does not involve surgery, there is something called a Rooster Comb Injection. These are done in the office, and are derived from an actual rooster comb. The medication that is made from the rooster is called hyaluronic acid.

Does your friend walk around like heā€™s been knocked out by Tyson..😁

Seriously though Iā€™ll read up on it..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2225: Feb 05, 2021 02:49:42 pm
      Does your friend walk around like heā€™s been knocked out by Tyson..😁

Seriously though Iā€™ll read up on it..

He could maybe give Tyson a run for his money...big dude....;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2226: Feb 05, 2021 02:55:58 pm
      He could maybe give Tyson a run for his money...big dude....;D

You Americans are big .. what you put in your milk & water..?

I remember I was in Miami in 2000 & was on the beach & everywhere I turned I saw men built like brick sh*t houses... 😂 women were unbelievable 😎
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2227: Feb 05, 2021 03:03:20 pm

Got to be an American thing?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2228: Feb 05, 2021 03:59:10 pm
      You Americans are big .. what you put in your milk & water..?

I remember I was in Miami in 2000 & was on the beach & everywhere I turned I saw men built like brick sh*t houses... 😂 women were unbelievable 😎

Well, that's Miami Beach for you. Come to my coast and it's all broken down old people. I feel like a rockstar over here ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2229: Feb 05, 2021 03:59:46 pm

Dunno, I'd never heard of it before. I had a knee injection a couple years back and it helped for about a week, luckily my knee got better on it's own.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2230: Feb 05, 2021 04:13:26 pm
      Well, that's Miami Beach for you. Come to my coast and it's all broken down old people. I feel like a rockstar over here ;D

You got crocs & pythons down them neck of the woods.. red line for me.. 😂

Donā€™t know what Miami as I was constantly pissed up.. 😂

Quick Reply