Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225612 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2231: Feb 05, 2021 04:46:19 pm
      You got crocs & pythons down them neck of the woods.. red line for me.. 😂

And Iguanas falling out of trees now too (since it's been so cold).

;D

The gators and snakes aren't as bad as the mosquitos!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2232: Feb 05, 2021 04:53:02 pm
      And Iguanas falling out of trees now too (since it's been so cold).

;D

The gators and snakes aren't as bad as the mosquitos!

The thought of walking past a bush & a gator latching on my legs is not good for my mental health...😂

I vague remember going to a water park where  they had killer whales doing tricks in the pool, I looked down from at back of the stands & I saw an iguana walking casually 😁 thought F**k it I’m up here..

How bad are the mozzies..?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2233: Feb 05, 2021 06:53:37 pm
      The thought of walking past a bush & a gator latching on my legs is not good for my mental health...😂

I vague remember going to a water park where  they had killer whales doing tricks in the pool, I looked down from at back of the stands & I saw an iguana walking casually 😁 thought f**k it I’m up here..

How bad are the mozzies..?

They don’t bother me too much but the wife and kids get ate alive after dark. She won’t go outside in the summer after dusk without long sleeves and pants no matter how hot it is. That’s not counting the fire ants (savage little bas**rds) and no-see-ums. Those are tiny flies that just bite, don’t hurt you but really annoying after dark.

I see gators all the time, they keep to themselves for the most part. Gotta keep your dogs away from them though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2234: Feb 05, 2021 07:06:05 pm
      They don’t bother me too much but the wife and kids get ate alive after dark. She won’t go outside in the summer after dusk without long sleeves and pants no matter how hot it is. That’s not counting the fire ants (savage little bas**rds) and no-see-ums. Those are tiny flies that just bite, don’t hurt you but really annoying after dark.

I see gators all the time, they keep to themselves for the most part. Gotta keep your dogs away from them though.

You deep in the Everglades..😂...

I couldn’t tolerate that stuff, I like to sleep peacefully..😁

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2235: Feb 16, 2021 06:34:25 pm
      Beat my 5k PB by 4 mins this morning. Look, I know 34.29 ain't quick but I'm happy that I'm improving, the weight is starting to come off and I'm feeling fitter and better by the week with a solid plan from a running coach.

https://www.relive.cc/view/v36Ajgr4xZq
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2236: Feb 16, 2021 06:48:56 pm
      Beat my 5k PB by 4 mins this morning. Look, I know 34.29 ain't quick but I'm happy that I'm improving, the weight is starting to come off and I'm feeling fitter and better by the week with a solid plan from a running coach.

https://www.relive.cc/view/v36Ajgr4xZq

Great effort that.

I know much has been said and written about it but do you feel the positive effects mentally?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2237: Feb 16, 2021 08:02:37 pm
      Great effort that.

I know much has been said and written about it but do you feel the positive effects mentally?

Yes mate. Having something to do that I like that is good for my health does that. Also, Thursday is rest day on my plan so my mental wellness is through the roof when I finish tomorrow's session....because I can then get right on the f**king wallop
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2238: Feb 16, 2021 10:12:02 pm
      Yes mate. Having something to do that I like that is good for my health does that. Also, Thursday is rest day on my plan so my mental wellness is through the roof when I finish tomorrow's session....because I can then get right on the f**king wallop

Ha ha! Great stuff that. One thing I learnt in recent weeks was that attempting a two minute plank really improved my core which has helped my top half from not slouching after a few kilometres. I'm not going to get ripped from it (not a chance!) but it could make your runs more comfortable after a while. (and for what it's worth planking until you're burning and shaking like hell is a good release of endorphins!)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2239: Feb 17, 2021 12:13:54 am
      Ha ha! Great stuff that. One thing I learnt in recent weeks was that attempting a two minute plank really improved my core which has helped my top half from not slouching after a few kilometres. I'm not going to get ripped from it (not a chance!) but it could make your runs more comfortable after a while. (and for what it's worth planking until you're burning and shaking like hell is a good release of endorphins!)

Oh sound. Will give it a whirl
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2240: Feb 17, 2021 12:15:00 am
      ....because I can then get right on the f**king wallop

Was all looking great, a plan. Ale tomorrow after my running session. Then Liverpool won...right on it
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2241: Feb 17, 2021 04:46:51 pm
      Was all looking great, a plan. Ale tomorrow after my running session. Then Liverpool won...right on it

Too damn right!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2242: Feb 17, 2021 06:42:43 pm

Took some serious, serious mental strength getting up to go to the short steep hills session with the running coach, this morning. I made it, though. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2243: Feb 17, 2021 09:22:03 pm
      Took some serious, serious mental strength getting up to go to the short steep hills session with the running coach, this morning. I made it, though.

Amazing how running can turn even the gentlest hill into an Everest like scale. I could have done with that mental strength the last couple of days! sh*t week of work has stopped me in my tracks. Gonna push myself tomorrow to do it. At times I feel like 90% of the effort is just getting out of the door.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2244: Feb 17, 2021 09:36:12 pm
      At times I feel like 90% of the effort is just getting out of the door.

Yeah I've had this. Prepping the night before (as i get out first thing) helps me with that. Clothes by bed, drink in fridge, etc.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2245: Mar 16, 2021 02:33:54 pm
      First run of the year after getting over Covid.

Felt pretty good and done 2 miles.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2246: Mar 30, 2021 12:04:55 am
      First run of the year after getting over Covid.

Felt pretty good and done 2 miles.

Back on the running myself. Started at Week 5 on the couch to 5k and looks like I hit the sweet spot as its been toughish but doable and not too much soreness. Should be back at 5k by next weekend which I'll be happy with because my route is very hilly.

Medium term I'm aiming for about 3x7k runs a week. I think thats a more than reasonable fitness level and time I can commit.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2247: Mar 30, 2021 12:11:10 am
      Beat my 5k PB by 4 mins this morning. Look, I know 34.29 ain't quick but I'm happy that I'm improving

It's a big buzz when you get it under 30 mins as they say thats the difference between a run and a jog.  Good work hope you're keeping it up. You'd be steaming away from me at the minute.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #2248: Mar 30, 2021 07:36:24 am
      It's a big buzz when you get it under 30 mins as they say thats the difference between a run and a jog.  Good work hope you're keeping it up. You'd be steaming away from me at the minute.

I'm just getting back into it after a four week bender 😬
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2249: Mar 30, 2021 01:05:23 pm
      Back on the running myself. Started at Week 5 on the couch to 5k and looks like I hit the sweet spot as its been toughish but doable and not too much soreness. Should be back at 5k by next weekend which I'll be happy with because my route is very hilly.

Medium term I'm aiming for about 3x7k runs a week. I think thats a more than reasonable fitness level and time I can commit.

Aiming for three a week myself.

Missed it last week just with work commitments but got back out this morning so should get three done this week.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2250: Apr 16, 2021 11:52:10 pm
      First run since I fell from the first floor off a ladder in August (don’t ask), to say it was a struggle covering 4 miles would be a huge understatement.

Goes to show the older you get you lose it so much easier.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2251: Apr 17, 2021 04:45:17 pm
      First run since I fell from the first floor off a ladder in August (don’t ask), to say it was a struggle covering 4 miles would be a huge understatement.

Goes to show the older you get you lose it so much easier.

Age is certainly the great equalizer, I have to be very aware of taking care of myself better so that I can feel well enough to run or bike.

Falling off ladders doesn’t help though 😂
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2252: Apr 23, 2021 07:48:44 am
      Winter fat slowly coming off now golf season has started back, and changed job which means im not working from home so much, so much more active.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2253: Apr 25, 2021 10:20:21 pm
      First game of 5 a side in over a year.

Can already feel that my hamstrings are going to go twang in the morning!

Quick Reply