Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225613 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2369: Jun 17, 2022 02:44:15 pm
      I’m not normally a early morning runner but with the weather forecast went out at 8am (early for me 😁).

Managed 10 miles comfortably, think I’m starting to see the benefits from the low HR running finally.
      But it’s still mighty frustrating running so slow.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2370: Jun 17, 2022 02:45:09 pm
      I’m not normally a early morning runner but with the weather forecast went out at 8am (early for me 😁).

Managed 10 miles comfortably, think I’m starting to see the benefits from the low HR running finally.
      But it’s still mighty frustrating running so slow.

Yea, I can't make myself run as slow as they tell you that you should. Glad it's working out for you. I can feel some pain in my plantar fascia so gonna try and take care of that before it gets really bad.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2371: Jul 14, 2022 10:07:05 am
      Anyone ever dealt with TMJ?

My jaws keep popping and it's causing me a lot of discomfort.

Any helpful tips would be much appreciated.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2372: Jul 14, 2022 10:22:27 am

Do you grind your teeth mate? That can cause the muscles in your jaw to move and give you the problem you have
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2373: Jul 14, 2022 10:45:36 am

When you blow your cheeks out (while mouth closed obviously) do your ears pop / crackle?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2374: Jul 14, 2022 11:13:28 am
      Do you grind your teeth mate? That can cause the muscles in your jaw to move and give you the problem you have

Yeah I am having a dental guard fitted on Monday.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2375: Jul 14, 2022 11:14:04 am
      When you blow your cheeks out (while mouth closed obviously) do your ears pop / crackle?

If I open my jaw wide sometimes I hear like a little pop in my ears yeah.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2376: Jul 16, 2022 07:34:54 pm
      On another note, since being back from Malaysia I have had two consistent weeks of running.

I have recently started using the Nike Running app, I completed my first week of 5k race training, I skipped a couple of weeks as thought it would be a waste of time from the start, so just finished week 6 and week 7 now awaits me. Did my first two fartleks and boy they took it out of me, excited for what week 7 has in store for me.

The plan is once the training is complete race day will actually be me trying to set a PB!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2377: Aug 12, 2022 09:49:20 am
      So, I just ran my first 4 miler/6.4k without stopping and it led to real discomfort in my knee the next day.

I had to take a week off prior to the run because it didn't feel right, now it feels like I might need to take a couple of days off again, which is really annoying as I actually enjoyed the run.

Any tips or ideas on the best way to deal with this knee issue? At the minute I have deep heat sprayed on and I have a knee brace on the way.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2378: Aug 12, 2022 10:31:00 am
      Tennis wednesday evening, 9 holes golf last night. Medal saturday, couple of golf outings next few weeks.

Busy month.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2379: Aug 12, 2022 02:09:11 pm
      So, I just ran my first 4 miler/6.4k without stopping and it led to real discomfort in my knee the next day.

I had to take a week off prior to the run because it didn't feel right, now it feels like I might need to take a couple of days off again, which is really annoying as I actually enjoyed the run.

Any tips or ideas on the best way to deal with this knee issue? At the minute I have deep heat sprayed on and I have a knee brace on the way.

Where's the pain? Under the kneecap, to the sides of the knee? Aching, stabbing or shooting pain? Feeling of instability? Any swelling? Clicking or popping?

The knee is a fairly complex joint so there's a lot that can go wrong there.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2380: Aug 12, 2022 02:46:40 pm
      Where's the pain? Under the kneecap, to the sides of the knee? Aching, stabbing or shooting pain? Feeling of instability? Any swelling? Clicking or popping?

The knee is a fairly complex joint so there's a lot that can go wrong there.

As of right now feels like the right side of the right knee more to side/behind the knee if anything. It feels like it just can't go straight and the cap itself feels weird.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #2381: Aug 12, 2022 03:43:14 pm
      As of right now feels like the right side of the right knee more to side/behind the knee if anything. It feels like it just can't go straight and the cap itself feels weird.

I'm absolutely not a doctor, so take it for what it's worth, but it sounds like it could be a meniscus issue. I used to have a similar feeling, as if my knee was 'locked', and couldn't fully extend...
      I went to see a podiatrist that recommended I wear customised orthopaedic insoles (not the cheap kind you find in your regular stores), and I've never had a problem since.

Could be worth going to see a sports medicine physician and get a professional opinion. You could be exacerbating a real problem...  :-\
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2382: Aug 12, 2022 04:04:13 pm

Interesting, I'm actually fighting something similar. Mine hurts the worst when I full extend it, on the right and behind my knee (I think there's a large ligament or tendon there). Mine is more a feeling of instability. Not sure what it is but I did have a Meniscus issue awhile back (have had it twice now) and it feels different. For me that was on the medial side (inner side) and was a sharp enough pain that it made it incredibly hard to run or even walk when the pain was at it's worst. It's gradually gotten better, but now I'm afraid I have a compensation injury. If I were you I'd try to take it easy for a day or so and see if it goes away. But, I'm not a doctor, have just dealt with some knee injuries over the years.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2383: Aug 12, 2022 04:16:24 pm
      Thanks both, I will definetely rest today and tomorrow if needed to make sure I am giving it the rest it needs.

Before when I focused on training the muscles around the knee it helped stop the issue. I am going to see if that helps again because honestly my doctors are a waste of time and were absolutely no help the last time I had an issue like this.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2384: Aug 12, 2022 04:43:58 pm
      Thanks both, I will definetely rest today and tomorrow if needed to make sure I am giving it the rest it needs.

Before when I focused on training the muscles around the knee it helped stop the issue. I am going to see if that helps again because honestly my doctors are a waste of time and were absolutely no help the last time I had an issue like this.

Definitely doing exercises that strengthen the stabilizing muscles around the joint are key. I've been a bit lax on that myself which is why I assume I'm having some issues.
      I hate being old.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2385: Sep 04, 2022 12:41:37 pm
      Ran the Wolves 1/2 marathon this morning in 1.54.03

Was originally planning to run a sub 1.50 but not done any meaningful running for a month with holidays and some sort of party or wedding fixture.
      Should be pleased with that time bearing in mind the amount of booze I have consumed 😂.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2386: Sep 04, 2022 08:55:29 pm
      Ran the Wolves 1/2 marathon this morning in 1.54.03

Was originally planning to run a sub 1.50 but not done any meaningful running for a month with holidays and some sort of party or wedding fixture.
      Should be pleased with that time bearing in mind the amount of booze I have consumed 😂.

Sub 2 hours is nothing to sneeze at, nice work!!

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2387: Sep 10, 2022 11:11:43 am
      Took a month off due to the knee.

Went for a mile run on Wednesday and then another yesterday and at first, the knee felt uncomfortable but seems it isn't in too much discomfort.

I think I am going to do a mile every other day till I feel it getting easier and easier and then work in longer runs here and there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2388: Oct 02, 2022 07:30:51 pm
      Ran just over 4 miles earlier. First time out running in a long time having neglected it badly this summer.

Desperately needed - the mind had become incredibly lazy, cynical and irritable. Definitely bluntens those bad, energy sapping thoughts! F**k that!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2389: Oct 02, 2022 07:45:55 pm
      Ran just over 4 miles earlier. First time out running in a long time having neglected it badly this summer.

Desperately needed - the mind had become incredibly lazy, cynical and irritable. Definitely bluntens those bad, energy sapping thoughts! F**k that!

Wish I could run 4 minutes let alone 4 miles.  ;D Well done mate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #2390: Oct 02, 2022 07:48:41 pm

Nothing like a good run to clear the mind 👍
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2391: Oct 02, 2022 09:26:36 pm
      Wish I could run 4 minutes let alone 4 miles.  ;D Well done mate.

Thanks Keith! A brisk walk is also an option remember!

Quick Reply