Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225594 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2392: Oct 02, 2022 09:49:33 pm
      Wish I could run 4 minutes let alone 4 miles.  ;D Well done mate.

havent you got a Car ? or even a bike ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2393: Oct 03, 2022 06:29:27 am
      Quote from waltonl4 link=topic=5769.msg2503554# msg2503554 date=1664743773
      havent you got a Car ? or even a bike ?

I have both but waiting for a scan on my knees so can’t ride.   :f_doh:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2394: Oct 03, 2022 10:45:07 pm
      Ran just over 4 miles earlier. First time out running in a long time having neglected it badly this summer.

Desperately needed - the mind had become incredibly lazy, cynical and irritable. Definitely bluntens those bad, energy sapping thoughts! F**k that!

Well done, now just keep it up, biggest mistake people make with running when first starting or going back to running is they run to fast because you think you can start off where you finished and you end up hating it and stop.

Run slow and if it gets too much walk then run again once you get your breath back.

I guarantee you this way you will enjoy it and carry on running.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #2395: Oct 04, 2022 08:48:31 am
      Well done, now just keep it up, biggest mistake people make with running when first starting or going back to running is they run to fast because you think you can start off where you finished and you end up hating it and stop.

Run slow and if it gets too much walk then run again once you get your breath back.

I guarantee you this way you will enjoy it and carry on running.

Great advice. So so true and it takes a big conscious effort to pace yourself down to something that you are comfortable with. Took me a long long time to get to that stage as I often found myself gassed after a short distance
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2396: Oct 25, 2022 12:32:09 pm
      A big fat No from the London marathon ballot.

No great surprise it’s such a lottery.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2397: Nov 11, 2022 09:14:04 pm
      As my ASICS Gel trainers had come to the end of their life I thought I would try out the new fad of a energy returning foam trainer.

Couldn’t justify the cost of Vaporflys so got a pair Saucony endorphin speed.

Can’t yet say if they make me run faster but boy on long runs they are such a joy. After long run legs just feel so fresh 😊
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2398: Nov 11, 2022 10:28:19 pm
      As my ASICS Gel trainers had come to the end of their life I thought I would try out the new fad of a energy returning foam trainer.

Couldn’t justify the cost of Vaporflys so got a pair Saucony endorphin speed.

Can’t yet say if they make me run faster but boy on long runs they are such a joy. After long run legs just feel so fresh 😊

One of my favorite trainers. Be careful though if you need any arch support because the foam breaks down pretty quick and has caused me some knee pain.

I love them though, so light and bouncy. I only get about 300 miles from a pair though.
      « Last Edit: Nov 12, 2022 02:47:48 am by FL Red »
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #2399: Nov 20, 2022 09:42:05 pm
      I haven't been running for a long time. I really need to get back into it. I felt much better when I was running.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2400: Dec 30, 2022 04:13:33 pm
      Nine mile run today, thought I would start training for my half marathon first week of March early.

Didn’t think I had indulged too much over Crimbo but oh boy that was a tough one 😩
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2401: Jan 06, 2023 04:09:14 pm
      10 miler today thought it would be tough going after threshold and interval sessions earlier in the week but felt surprisingly good ☺️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2402: Jan 06, 2023 04:23:17 pm
      Trying to get back into running again. Tried to give my knee some time off and that didn't seem to help it. Wondering if it's not an IT Band issue that's affecting everything so I'm slowly getting back into running, doing some extra stretching/yoga type stuff and hoping to strengthen the stabilizers around the knee. Taking anti-inflammatories as needed. We'll see if I can make it work.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2403: Jan 24, 2023 01:14:31 pm
      Signed up for the Amsterdam marathon in Oct, should be flat at least ☺️
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2404: Feb 11, 2023 11:32:37 am
      Signed up for the Amsterdam marathon in Oct, should be flat at least ☺️

Just the slight inclines on the bridges to overcome - should be boss that.  Quite jealous that I can't do it!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2405: Feb 11, 2023 11:50:45 am
      Day 11 of dry February! Think it's about the fourth time I've done it now.  Liverpool's shiteness has been both annoying in one sense but to be honest, the way we are playing, the last thing I want to do is talk football in the pub at the minute anyway so its kept me out of there for the odd game.

Me and the missus and friends went for a fancy meal last night at a place we had wanted to go for a few years.  Not massively tough but I would have preferred to have gone next month. Mind you I probably saved £50 on a taxi there and back and about five pints so there is that.

Anyway, I'm well aware it's not all fat lost and most of it will be water etc but I've lost half a stone already.  Starting back out with the running next week so my target is a stone this month.  After that, I'd like to shift a further two stone before July and that would be probably be a reasonably healthy weight for me. 

In a month I probably have 6 definite pub 'commitments' (fantasy league, darts, poker) - that's probably at least 5 pints per trip - 9000 calories - about 3lb a month (2 and a half stone a year).  And that's just the base level!  Be some crazy numbers if you were to record every drink you had in a year.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2406: Feb 11, 2023 03:20:18 pm
      Ran 5 miles this morning. My longest in a good while. And a not embarrassing pace (8:52/mile).

I’m running 4 days a week to try and keep my knee from going full inflamed and so far I’m able to keep it going. Have cut out the soda and a lot of snacks during the week but still haven’t dropped much weight. If I could drop about 15 lbs I’d be able to run faster. Just glad I’m back in the groove.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2407: Feb 12, 2023 12:41:09 pm

Me and the missus and friends went for a fancy meal last night at a place we had wanted to go for a few years.

Where did you go John?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2408: Feb 26, 2023 09:25:05 pm
      Had to pull up today 7 miles into my run with an adductor sprain.

Bummer it’s only two weeks away from the half marathon, might have to just run on the day and see how I hold up.
      Hopes of a quick time probably scuppered 🙁
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2409: Mar 06, 2023 02:46:10 am
      Had to pull up today 7 miles into my run with an adductor sprain.

Bummer it’s only two weeks away from the half marathon, might have to just run on the day and see how I hold up.
      Hopes of a quick time probably scuppered 🙁
      That’s tough mate, hopefully feeling better and good luck for race day.

Got a couple of marathons coming up, first of which is in under 2 weeks in Barcelona. Funny one because I ran a good 21 miles the other week and my training has been fairly consistent but not feeling great. Diet hasn’t been the best which could be a big factor, probably not drinking enough water either. Weight a bit higher than I had planned so my runs aren’t as comfortable as I would like them to be.

Anyway still got 2 weeks of prep and will try to make it count, better diet, more water, a lot of stretching and recovery stuff. Hopefully feeling better come race day.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2410: Mar 06, 2023 08:09:43 am
      That’s tough mate, hopefully feeling better and good luck for race day.

Got a couple of marathons coming up, first of which is in under 2 weeks in Barcelona. Funny one because I ran a good 21 miles the other week and my training has been fairly consistent but not feeling great. Diet hasn’t been the best which could be a big factor, probably not drinking enough water either. Weight a bit higher than I had planned so my runs aren’t as comfortable as I would like them to be.

Anyway still got 2 weeks of prep and will try to make it count, better diet, more water, a lot of stretching and recovery stuff. Hopefully feeling better come race day.

Good luck mate, I’m sure you will smash it.

With a couple of weeks to go I assume you are now tapering for race day.
      Could be you just need to pull back from the mileage and freshen up.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2411: Mar 06, 2023 08:51:53 am
      Went for full Nuffield health physical last week, they sent me to my doctor due to high BP & high blood sugar. and yup im type 2, doc has now put me on some medication.

Im hardly ever ill, told him that, but tbf he said its what it does in background slowly attacking your organs.

so heyho, need to get serious about the diet again and get the fitness up a wee bit more, already lost 2 stone past couple of years so already in a good way. Actually feeling as fit as Ive been for many years, playing tennis once a week and plenty walking.

Just a bummer being on medication. :(
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2412: Mar 06, 2023 12:17:52 pm
      Went for full Nuffield health physical last week, they sent me to my doctor due to high BP & high blood sugar. and yup im type 2, doc has now put me on some medication.

Im hardly ever ill, told him that, but tbf he said its what it does in background slowly attacking your organs.

so heyho, need to get serious about the diet again and get the fitness up a wee bit more, already lost 2 stone past couple of years so already in a good way. Actually feeling as fit as Ive been for many years, playing tennis once a week and plenty walking.

Oh dear Brezi probably not what you wanted to hear from the doc.

Type 2 and raised bp definitely silent killers so make sure you take the meds and yup good idea to up the exercise it will definitely have a impact on reducing your bp and probably get better control of the diabetes if you can lose a few more pounds.

Take Care.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2413: Mar 06, 2023 01:01:53 pm
      Oh dear Brezi probably not what you wanted to hear from the doc.

Type 2 and raised bp definitely silent killers so make sure you take the meds and yup good idea to up the exercise it will definitely have a impact on reducing your bp and probably get better control of the diabetes if you can lose a few more pounds.

Take Care.

Cheers man. just more incentive to get fitter & healthier. ;-)
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2414: Mar 06, 2023 06:04:34 pm

What medication have they put you on Brez?

Quick Reply