Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fitness thread

Read 225547 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Fitness thread
      Reply #2415: Mar 07, 2023 09:22:32 am
      What medication have they put you on Brez?

Now your asking. I cant remember off top of head. one for BP and one for diabetes.

Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2416: Mar 07, 2023 08:38:56 pm
      Now your asking. I cant remember off top of head. one for BP and one for diabetes.

No problem, I was just wondering, I also am type 2 so any advice you need don't hesitate to message me. Take care.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2417: Mar 08, 2023 09:14:28 am
      No problem, I was just wondering, I also am type 2 so any advice you need don't hesitate to message me. Take care.

Aye will do mate. cheers for that.

Defo. Kick up the arse to get more serious re. fitness and eating and cut back on the drink.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2418: Mar 12, 2023 01:45:35 pm
      Stafford 1/2 marathon this morning finished in 1.44.15

Was a bit wary of the adductor strain so didn’t really go for it but still happy with the effort.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2419: Mar 12, 2023 02:13:00 pm
      Stafford 1/2 marathon this morning finished in 1.44.15

Was a bit wary of the adductor strain so didn’t really go for it but still happy with the effort.

That’s a very good time!

I wen to physical therapy this week for my knee and they did dry needling. Amazingly I’m feeling a ton less pain, hoping this works as I will be able to start running more regularly, hopefully drop some weight and get back in shape.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2420: Mar 12, 2023 03:09:29 pm
      That’s a very good time!

I wen to physical therapy this week for my knee and they did dry needling. Amazingly I’m feeling a ton less pain, hoping this works as I will be able to start running more regularly, hopefully drop some weight and get back in shape.

That’s good news.

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2421: Mar 13, 2023 06:15:28 pm
      Back at the gym today after a few years away from it.

Forgot how good you feel after it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2422: Mar 13, 2023 08:38:16 pm
      So I've just finally had enough of being overweight. Going to try and be disciplined with my diet as I work back into shape with running and biking. I need to lose almost 35 lbs if I'm being honest. Today is day one....weighed in at 212. I'm going to check in on this thread every once in awhile in an attempt to help stay on course and be accountable. Maybe you guys can get on  my case if I fall off the horse. Hoping to lose about 1.5 stone by my birthday in May.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2423: Mar 14, 2023 07:54:52 am
      So I've just finally had enough of being overweight. Going to try and be disciplined with my diet as I work back into shape with running and biking. I need to lose almost 35 lbs if I'm being honest. Today is day one....weighed in at 212. I'm going to check in on this thread every once in awhile in an attempt to help stay on course and be accountable. Maybe you guys can get on  my case if I fall off the horse. Hoping to lose about 1.5 stone by my birthday in May.

Good luck mate.

Your goals and mindset aren't far off mine either.

Just stuck in a rut and finally had enough of being overweight.

I'm looking to lose just over 2 stone and ideally would like between 1 and 1.5 off by my birthday in May.

3lbs off after day one so a good start, although I know it's not going to be like that everyday I'm happy with that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2424: Mar 14, 2023 01:44:14 pm
      Good luck mate.

Your goals and mindset aren't far off mine either.

Just stuck in a rut and finally had enough of being overweight.

I'm looking to lose just over 2 stone and ideally would like between 1 and 1.5 off by my birthday in May.

3lbs off after day one so a good start, although I know it's not going to be like that everyday I'm happy with that.

Same here. But I will tell you, the nice part is when you are heavier, it seems to be easier to lose quicker. Once you get towards your target weight, that's when it slows down and takes some patience and perseverance. Good luck to you, let's keep an eye on each other in this thread and we'll get it done!!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2425: Mar 14, 2023 04:23:54 pm
      Same here. But I will tell you, the nice part is when you are heavier, it seems to be easier to lose quicker. Once you get towards your target weight, that's when it slows down and takes some patience and perseverance. Good luck to you, let's keep an eye on each other in this thread and we'll get it done!!

Know all about it mate. Been through it before and it falls off at the start but isn't long slowing up again.

Yes pal we'll keep in touch.

Never made it to the gym today, wife has a big so I've been stuck in the house watching the wee man.

Hopefully back at it tomorrow.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2426: Mar 14, 2023 05:07:27 pm
      Know all about it mate. Been through it before and it falls off at the start but isn't long slowing up again.

Yes pal we'll keep in touch.

Never made it to the gym today, wife has a big so I've been stuck in the house watching the wee man.

Hopefully back at it tomorrow.

Not sure if you have Netflix or not but I noticed they now have some Nike workout videos on there. Might be giving a couple of those a try just as an alternative when I can't make it out for a run or a bike. Might be worth checking out!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2427: Mar 22, 2023 11:06:10 am
      That’s tough mate, hopefully feeling better and good luck for race day.

Got a couple of marathons coming up, first of which is in under 2 weeks in Barcelona. Funny one because I ran a good 21 miles the other week and my training has been fairly consistent but not feeling great. Diet hasn’t been the best which could be a big factor, probably not drinking enough water either. Weight a bit higher than I had planned so my runs aren’t as comfortable as I would like them to be.

Anyway still got 2 weeks of prep and will try to make it count, better diet, more water, a lot of stretching and recovery stuff. Hopefully feeling better come race day.

How did you get on in Barcelona buddy?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2428: Mar 29, 2023 02:55:48 pm

How you getting on mate?

Wife and child had a bug for a few days a few weeks ago so for handiness sake my diet and gym going took a back seat.

Back at it last Monday and have 7lbs off in a week and a half. I'd imagine I'll get another few lb's off this week then that's when it'll start to slow off but happy with how things are going so far.

All I'm doing in the Gym is weights at the minute and then eating good. If I could be arsed doing some cardio or taking myself out for an hours  walk a few times a week that'll help but the weathers been sh*te and I get bored after 10 minutes on a treadmill.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2429: Mar 29, 2023 03:17:47 pm
      How you getting on mate?

Wife and child had a bug for a few days a few weeks ago so for handiness sake my diet and gym going took a back seat.

Back at it last Monday and have 7lbs off in a week and a half. I'd imagine I'll get another few lb's off this week then that's when it'll start to slow off but happy with how things are going so far.

All I'm doing in the Gym is weights at the minute and then eating good. If I could be arsed doing some cardio or taking myself out for an hours  walk a few times a week that'll help but the weathers been sh*te and I get bored after 10 minutes on a treadmill.

I've been back on the bike which is something. I think I'm down about 7 lbs from where I started. Mostly from cutting back on calories. Just haven't been able to put in enough long calorie burning exercise sessions to start melting off that extra weight. Heading to physical therapy shortly. I think it's helping a little bit but certainly no silver bullet at this point. Biking is ok, running I'm not quite ready for yet, hoping to get some of this inflammation in my knee down and see if I can start running and maintain. Getting old is for suckers!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2430: Apr 19, 2023 12:34:50 pm
      FL and Higgy how is the fitness training going?

I have been running through a niggly knee with a brace which developed into full blown runners knee after the Stafford Half so decided to take 4 weeks off and just rehab with squats, weighted lunges etc to build up the quads.
      First week back running and knee feels ok but going to take it easy with no intense runs just slow and easy to build fitness back up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2431: Apr 19, 2023 01:58:30 pm

I have been running through a niggly knee with a brace which developed into full blown runners knee after the Stafford Half so decided to take 4 weeks off and just rehab with squats, weighted lunges etc to build up the quads.
      First week back running and knee feels ok but going to take it easy with no intense runs just slow and easy to build fitness back up.

My physical therapy seems to be helping. I've cut down to going once a week usually having them do dry needling on my knee. I do actual PT type exercises on my own now, at least every couple of days. My knee definitely feels better when I do those things. I can bike with pretty much no issue. Just ran a mile today for the first time in a long time and it wasn't too bad. I'm down to about 203-202lbs. Not losing weight as fast as I used to be able to, but overall I'm down about 10 lbs since I started, plus I'm just eating a little better, have cut out a lot of junk food (other than some cheating on the weekends). Really wanting to break that 200lb barrier. I feel like once I do that, I'll get my second wind and be able to start shedding the weight quicker.

If you are having knee issues, I can pass along there's a guy that's gained a lot of popularity here in the states, they call him "kneesovertoesguy". https://www.atgonlinecoaching.com/

You have to subscribe to his program (which I haven't done yet) and you get access to all of these exercise plans. I know people that swear by him, they had knee pain for years and after working through the program, they don't have any pain anymore. I'm thinking when I finally stop scheduling my PT visits, I may give it a go. At least something to consider depending on how bad your pain is.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2432: Apr 19, 2023 02:24:06 pm
      My physical therapy seems to be helping. I've cut down to going once a week usually having them do dry needling on my knee. I do actual PT type exercises on my own now, at least every couple of days. My knee definitely feels better when I do those things. I can bike with pretty much no issue. Just ran a mile today for the first time in a long time and it wasn't too bad. I'm down to about 203-202lbs. Not losing weight as fast as I used to be able to, but overall I'm down about 10 lbs since I started, plus I'm just eating a little better, have cut out a lot of junk food (other than some cheating on the weekends). Really wanting to break that 200lb barrier. I feel like once I do that, I'll get my second wind and be able to start shedding the weight quicker.

If you are having knee issues, I can pass along there's a guy that's gained a lot of popularity here in the states, they call him "kneesovertoesguy". https://www.atgonlinecoaching.com/

You have to subscribe to his program (which I haven't done yet) and you get access to all of these exercise plans. I know people that swear by him, they had knee pain for years and after working through the program, they don't have any pain anymore. I'm thinking when I finally stop scheduling my PT visits, I may give it a go. At least something to consider depending on how bad your pain is.

Thanks for the link yeah following some of his advice and made a slant board - he mainly talks about jumpers knee patellar tendinopathy which not a 100 miles away from patellofemoral pain but just need a slightly different approach 👍
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2023 02:43:08 pm by HScRed1 »
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2433: Apr 20, 2023 10:54:03 am

Yes mate going well. Weight loss has slowed up massively but can continue to see a difference in my shape and toning up so happy with that.

Did miss a weeks training last week due to being hungover as F**k after a full weekends drinking then ate every single takeaway you could imagine in that week too ;D.

But back at it again this week again.

Your knee holding up alright?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2434: Apr 28, 2023 02:23:29 pm
      Yes mate going well. Weight loss has slowed up massively but can continue to see a difference in my shape and toning up so happy with that.

Did miss a weeks training last week due to being hungover as f**k after a full weekends drinking then ate every single takeaway you could imagine in that week too ;D.

But back at it again this week again.

Your knee holding up alright?

Knee seems to be holding up mate, combination of easy pace and weighted knee exercises doing the job.
      Long run today of 11 miles.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2435: May 14, 2023 02:47:29 pm
      Just checking in, knee still isn’t 💯 but I’m able to run and bike. Weighed in at 197 this morning.  That’s down about 16 lbs since I started eating better. In fact I had some fast food yesterday and it about killed my digestive system. Hope everyone is doing well, healthy and staying on track.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2436: May 15, 2023 09:57:59 pm
      Good man FL.

I'm currently on day 7 in Turkey, and around beer 3429. Add that to eating sh*te and haven't been near a gym in over a week of say I'm back to square one.

3 more days to go as well.

But it'll drop off fast again once I get back home.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #2437: May 19, 2023 11:03:17 am
      Good man FL.

I'm currently on day 7 in Turkey, and around beer 3429. Add that to eating sh*te and haven't been near a gym in over a week of say I'm back to square one.

3 more days to go as well.

But it'll drop off fast again once I get back home.

Back from holidays early hours of this morning.

Half a stone on so not quite back where I started but back to it again come Monday after I get 2 or 3 takeaways this weekend.

Quick Reply