Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

José "Pepe" Reina (Liverpool -> Bayern Munich -> Napoli)

Read 234136 times
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Re: Jose Reina Player Thread
      Reply #46: Apr 04, 2007 10:04:21 am
      sort of but not sure well spotted EddieC
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2007 10:05:35 am by gerrard8 »
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #47: Apr 15, 2007 05:17:59 pm
      Who would you pick to be in goal next season.

I think Reina is a good goalkeeper, but does make some right cock ups.

Carson has played well this season while on loan to Charlton, and in a year or two is going to be the next england goalkeeper.

If we don't play Carson, can we keep him, there is going to be a lot of clubs out there who would love to get there hands on him.

I might be putting my head on the chopping block, but i would go for Carson, but it is a hard one to call.
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #48: Apr 15, 2007 05:22:21 pm
      I agree.  Carson has been excellent this year and now he's got a full season in the Premiership under his belt, I'd like to see him as our number 1 soon.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #49: Apr 15, 2007 08:10:55 pm
      After years and years of having goalkeeping problems at Anfield and 'dodgy keeper' chants it is actually good that we have a reliable keeper in Reina.

Even after his early season form which led to us all calling for the return of Dudek - Rafa stuck by him and he turned it around.

As much as I like Carson, I don't want to rock the boat with our keepers.  I'd like to keep Carson - but are we just being a bit nationalistic.  It's nice to have an English keeper but Reina is a young player too.

You just can't keep two quality keepers like that happy.  I think, as bad as it is, Carson will probably get sold. Shame but that's footie!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #50: Apr 15, 2007 09:18:31 pm
      Reina to remain number one....and Carson to come back from his loan and push hard next season....Dudek can collect the balls that go wide because no one will buy Cisse and he'll be back to piss us all off....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #51: Apr 15, 2007 11:13:23 pm
      Can't believe how many people moan about reina, how many clean sheets he had this season and last.

Fans who were calling for Dudek to be given another chance went awfully quiet after arsenal.

Maybe bring back Carson as number two, after all isn't jerzy's contract up in the summer
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #52: Apr 15, 2007 11:52:45 pm
      Can't believe how many people moan about reina, how many clean sheets he had this season and last.

Fans who were calling for Dudek to be given another chance went awfully quiet after arsenal.

Maybe bring back Carson as number two, after all isn't jerzy's contract up in the summer

I'm not one of those who has any complaints about Reina.  It's just that in my opinion, Carson is better.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #53: Apr 16, 2007 12:42:33 am
      I'm not one of those who has any complaints about Reina.  It's just that in my opinion, Carson is better.

Well you might be right, can't compare until they both play for sh*te clubs with no defence because at Liverpool most of the time Reina is a spectator
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #54: Apr 16, 2007 08:31:45 am
      I will stick with what i have said, Carson to be liverpools No1, and Englands as well.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #55: Apr 16, 2007 09:08:23 am
      Pepe is gonna be number 1 for the next 2 seasons, I also dont think Carson will be sold, I think he'll go on loan again as he's still only 21 (is there a younger 1st choice keeper in the prem?) so he'll be gettin more experiance then he'll be ours and Englands 1st choice :)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #56: Apr 16, 2007 09:13:17 am
      I can't believe what I read on this forum sometimes.

It now seems that a player doesn't even need to be playing badly for us to consider dropping them. Ok Carson has had a blinding season at Charlton, but how can anyone justify dropping a keeper who since October has barely put a foot wrong?

Madness, pure madness  ???
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #57: Apr 16, 2007 12:04:36 pm
      After years and years of having goalkeeping problems at Anfield and 'dodgy keeper' chants it is actually good that we have a reliable keeper in Reina.
      I agree with you! Though Reina does worry me when he comes out of his goal at times! But not half as much as Dudek does.

Carson I think has done really well on loan :)
      Cy
      Reply #58: Apr 16, 2007 12:21:36 pm
      Reina is a very safe keeper, if i'm right he had the record of clean sheet this season, I know that is also due to our solid defense but he is part of it. Like you said nicola, he is worrying when he came out of his line but as a stop shooter he is doing very well. His distribution his good I only wish he had more influence on the back four, CARRA is the man doing it but Reina should help more in that view.

Carson has probably had his best season so far, he is a very talented keeper and the future is bright. To have a full season under his belt can only boost his confidence, I would still keep Reina as number 1 for the moment but call back Carson to put pressure on him, just for the competitivity of the post.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #59: Apr 16, 2007 01:09:11 pm
      Right being honest here

1. Where are liverpool currently in league and where are charlton

2. Why does anyone give a F**k about England (c**t manager, c**t supporters)

Carson has improved since he first signed for the reds, but still not in the class of Reina

Sorry but remember Crystal Palace and Luton Town where being honest Carson had two stinking performances

As said in earlier post, I'd deffo have him as backup to reina, but that is all
      scallyon
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #60: Apr 16, 2007 08:10:54 pm
      REINA FOR NOW CARSON FOR LATER 8)
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #61: Apr 16, 2007 08:37:04 pm
      carson for later?  its not as if reina's going to be hanging up his gloves soon is it
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #62: Apr 17, 2007 09:40:25 am
      2. Why does anyone give a fu*k about England (c**t manager, c**t supporters)
      Hell yeah ;D
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #63: Apr 17, 2007 11:17:05 am
      Carson all the life
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #64: May 02, 2007 02:52:04 pm
      just seen it on SSN his home was burgled during last nights match :sadlook:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #65: May 02, 2007 03:18:16 pm
      Yep, bang out of order, the thieving scum bags!

This from BBC Sport:

Liverpool's penalty hero burgled 

Liverpool FC's heroic goalkeeper Pepe Reina was burgled on Tuesday night as he was helping send the club through to the Champions League final.
      The 24-year-old Spaniard saved two out of three spot kicks in a penalty shoot-out against Chelsea at Anfield.

But he returned from celebrating the win in the early hours of Wednesday to find his home in Woolton, Liverpool, had been ransacked.

A number of high value items and the player's Porsche Cayenne were taken.

Paperwork taken

The grey-coloured car - which has Spanish number plates - was found burnt out in Fleetwood Walk at 0630 BST.

Merseyside Police said the burglary happened sometime between 1900 BST on Tuesday and 0045 BST on Wednesday.

Officers were called to the address at 0145 BST after Reina discovered the break-in.

The goalkeeper, who joined Liverpool in the summer 2005, does not want to comment on the incident.

As well as the car, officers said paperwork, jewellery, and a Bang and Olufsen entertainment system was taken.

Footballers targeted

Reina is the latest in a line of footballers who play in the city to be targeted by burglars, often while they were taking part in matches.

The home of his fellow Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek was burgled in June 2006 while he was on holiday in Poland. His Porsche, jewellery and football memorabilia was taken by thieves.

Daniel Agger, who scored for Liverpool on Tuesday night, had his home in Wirral burgled in September 2006.

In the same month, Reds striker Peter Crouch's house in Alderley Edge was hit by thieves while he was on England duty.

Meanwhile, Dutchman Andy Van der Meyde - who plays for Everton - was burgled twice in 2006.

Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #66: May 02, 2007 05:02:05 pm
      Bang out of order. Hope the theving scumbags get caught and get heavily punished.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #67: May 02, 2007 05:32:09 pm
      arseholes got to be everton fans.

Police are keen to interview Frank Lampard as to his whereabouts betweeen 7.30 and 10.30 last night. ;D
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2007 05:37:58 pm by kelv78 »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #68: May 02, 2007 06:28:03 pm
      Police are keen to interview Frank Lampard as to his whereabouts betweeen 7.30 and 10.30 last night. ;D

;D

Yep bang out of order. Definitely a bluenose. Hope it was easily replaceable material sh*t and not too much damage.  Don't want him worrying about his house when we're over in Athens.  Should have paid them kids a quid to 'mind yer house'.

Quick Reply