Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

the match in israel!!!!!!

Read 1668 times
      jacko1234
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Jul 31, 2006 01:46:50 pm
      hi 2 all u Liverpool fans... first of all let me say that Liverpool is my favorite team in England but I don't like the English football so much and its mostly because of the English press that likes 2 get things out of proportion (like the English national team that every world cup they r sure they r going 2 win it ...) any way, I want 2 talk 2 u about ur next match against maccabi Haifa from Israel... I am Israeli, I support a different team in Israel and I hate Haifa as much as u must hate Manchester united, but when I read that u r not even considering 2 come 2 the game in Israel I was really pissed off!!! I used 2 live in London for a year and I know British people and especially the English football fan reputation and I never thought they would b afraid 2 go any where for a match... I think it is more dangerous going 2 a game in Istanbul against bashiktash then coming 2 Ramat Gan and even 2 go 2 a match in London and have the reasonable possibility 2 get killed by al-kaida terror attack etc'... I personally think Liverpool are afraid from the Haifa team...they r afraid 2 loose... any way I know I would follow my team any where and would not use the poor situation in our country or any country for ur own psychological war on the Haifa team... if u think ur better so come on and show it like men... I know it is the official club's stand and im not sure what r all of u fans think about it so don't take it personal... I am personally a man of peace but when it comes 2 football I'm fanatic for my team and country and want them 2 play their home games at homeā€¦ and believe me u can come 2 Israel, its safe here as the next place, we have great beer here great pubs and a reasonably police force for u 2 fight drunken with after the game u have just lost...so come 2 Israel my English mates and maybe  we will let u take a draw in the upcoming euro 2008 qualifying... ;-)
      yours,
      Dean from Israelā€¦ for remarks please send me an e-mail 2    jacko1234@walla.com
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #1: Jul 31, 2006 03:21:36 pm
      Why should we be forced to play in a country where there is a war taking place, it doesn't matter where abouts in th country it is the team will still be under threat.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Israeli Stuff
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2006 05:38:03 pm
      It's not that most fans don't want to come, maybe your press ain't tellin you the truth, it's just well........ lets just say that at the moment we in england could not even get a flight to Israel even if we wanted to travel, plus how much would insurance cost!!!!

And with what happened yesterday in Qana, how do you feel about Lebanese Liverpool fans, how would they be made to feel if they wanted to travel to watch Liverpool (especially if they didn't actually live in Lebanon)

Personally I don't feel it is not very appropriate for Liverpool to play a match in Israel right now!!

That is why most Liverpool fans believe we should play the game in a neutral country.

Israel complains about Katyusha rockets being fired into Northern Israel, yet nothing but excuses when we see pictures of armoured tanks, F-16s and a whole host of other artillery that your armed forces use bombing the f**k out of Beirut!!!

Rant over for n ow!!!
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 31, 2006 06:48:20 pm
      the other teams planned this cause they want our team bombed cos they r scared of us
      Hoplite
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 31, 2006 11:00:16 pm
      HUYTON RED you legend. I visited Qana after the '96 massacre and personally know a family who have lost 10 members to yesterdays attrocity. I wouldn't like to see our beloved team play in Israel at the moment, you only have to look to South Africa during apartheid to realise the affect sports can have on politics.

I pray for peace in the region and for your safety jacko....

As for Liverpool being afraid of Macabi Haifa....  ;D
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #5: Aug 01, 2006 10:09:48 pm
      cyprus would seem best bet don't you think....

Quick Reply