Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Tonight's crowd

Read 6135 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Tonight's crowd
      Jan 02, 2008 11:59:33 pm
      F***ing awful.  Booing at the end of the game - wtf is that all about?

Piss off to some other club.  Let it rip on here with your boos but not at the ground.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Tonight's crowd
      Reply #1: Jan 03, 2008 12:13:36 am
      What a F***ing disgrace!!!!  >:( Smiggs mentioned that in the match thread. Just can't believe there is 'reds' who will boo at the ground. They should count themselves lucky they're in there! And they should make themselves heard in support from the first whistle. Obviously fans who don't understand the Liverpool way.

Get back to Goodison you booing c**ts! And take your jester hats with you!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jan 03, 2008 01:41:19 am
      Disgraceful.  Free up your seats you booers.  Let the real supporters watch their side week in week out.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Jan 03, 2008 01:55:14 am
      Id say its those corporate cu*ts who spend half the time on their mobiles. Watching it on telly the atmosphere was dull especially after the equaliser it was like at a funeral.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Jan 03, 2008 07:23:38 am
      F***ing awful.  Booing at the end of the game - wtf is that all about?

Piss off to some other club.  Let it rip on here with your boos but not at the ground.

Dont know if my memory is failing me but i dont remember the REDS getting booed at Anfield even when we were in the 2nd division.I am as disappointed as anyone with the Wigan result but as you say let it rip on the forum and not at Anfield.Hope we are never in the relegation zone.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #5: Jan 03, 2008 08:47:59 am
      Dont know if my memory is failing me but I dont remember the REDS getting booed at Anfield even when we were in the 2nd division.I am as disappointed as anyone with the Wigan result but as you say let it rip on the forum and not at Anfield.Hope we are never in the relegation zone.

I don't remember the team getting booed at Anfield either until recent seasons.

I was in the Lower Centenary last night and the booing seemed to be coming from the Kop.

I don't see the point especially as I felt everyone put in 100% effort (apart from Mascherano who put in 110%).

You can't ask for anymore than that.

murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 03, 2008 08:56:56 am
      yep i saw the match Live on tv. i feel sad for the result but it even sad when the athem of You'll never walk alone slient in the Kop end. Come on reds supporter remember the time at istanbul. when we sang and sang even we 're 3-0 down......
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Jan 03, 2008 10:02:23 am
      I don't remember the team getting booed at Anfield either until recent seasons.

I was in the Lower Centenary last night and the booing seemed to be coming from the Kop.

I don't see the point especially as I felt everyone put in 100% effort (apart from Mascherano who put in 110%).

You can't ask for anymore than that.

I was in the lower Annie Rd, and they were booing there - bloody disgraceful !!  >:(
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Jan 03, 2008 11:18:50 am
      disgraceful F**k off and support Everton. Have to say on the way up the fulham road when were coming back from League Cup game against the chavs, I heard something that nearly got the bloke saying it a hiding, shouts for "RAFA OUT" my mates had to hold me back I was F***ing furious. Its times like this we need to keep supporting and keep positive and then only we the ones who stay loyal should be allowed to share in the glory. BOO BOYS I GOT YOUR NUMBER>>>
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2008 11:30:11 am by EddieC »
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #9: Jan 03, 2008 11:51:53 am
      Unfortunatley, all are not blessed with same level of tolerance and patience that most of us have. The bigger picture is always harder to see when you're too close. I for one would have given anything to have been there last night, win lose or draw.

We just need patience, sure it was a disappointing result and sure we should have done so much better. But we must move on and keep that immovable blanket of support firm and true to keep our lads going in the right direction.

We will get there, but like I've mentioned previously, in order to mount a challenge that won't just be here the one year gone the next, we need the right structures in place...and we cannot get away from the fact that this takes time to achieve...

Booing? Unacceptable...

Still, we walk on...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Jan 03, 2008 02:07:05 pm
      i guess this shows who are true reds and who are'nt, i was at the game and i am proud to say that i was'nt one of the ones booing. i am 100% behind rafa
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #11: Jan 03, 2008 02:30:57 pm
      I am absolutely disgusted with some of the boo-ing boys at the game last night. Yes it's true we are underachieveing yet again and we are falling behind the leaders like previous years, but I still firmly believe Rafa is the man to take us on, we are making ourselves look like pathetic fans, first we are supporting Rafa and then we are calling for his head.

I urge every fan, every single true fan to make Anfield the ground it was years ago, because the atmosphere has been terribly quiet for a while now!

Rafa could well be gone very soon now, as soon as G and H see that the fans are turning on Rafa, that's the right time for them to strike! We can't let this happen!
      « Last Edit: Jan 03, 2008 02:33:49 pm by T-Unit-LFC »
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #12: Jan 03, 2008 03:44:05 pm
      Supporter means you support.

One of our home game problems this season has been the total lack of support at home games... I have been to a few and it's a library for most of the game...

We are Liverpool FC. If you are lucky enough go to the ground - that comes with a responsibility ...SUPPORT.

If you boo our playing staff - you are quite simply a C U N T.  End of.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #13: Jan 03, 2008 04:49:25 pm
      I was in the lower Annie Rd, and they were booing there - bloody disgraceful !!  >:(

was also in lower annie road and the stick kewell was getting was terrible, even before the match had kicked off. i was one of about only 5 people i could see to stand up and applaud him off the pitch. and the tw*t next to me broke the bloke in front of hims seat.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14: Jan 03, 2008 06:10:19 pm
      was lucky enough that my local gets Liverpool matches in on Albanian satellite so got to see the game last night. During the game a good camera shot came in of the away section looked half empty this brought a bit of a laugh from the crowd watching the game. But I didnt find it a bit funny when all you could hear was the Wigan crowd singing what was there a thousand of them and they outsung us. Embarrasing

People have said everything there is to say about getting the atmosphere back nothing has worked even the R.T.K has failed. The only people who will save the atmosphere now are the owners/directors. They need to sort out the ticket policy to get real fans back in there fans who know the words to songs and wholl sing them. Fans who if they are told to sshhh or sit down will tell ye piss off im following my team. To many people go to games and expect the team to entertain them or a section of the kop to sing to them well wake up people you are the crowd YOU sing YOU get behind the team or YOU stop going and let real fans get your seat   
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #15: Jan 03, 2008 06:22:09 pm
      brian, i have to disagree about the away fans out singing us, they had long quiet spells whereas we had songs starting every other minute
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #16: Jan 03, 2008 06:27:15 pm
      quiet spells!!  there was F**k all of them there while there are 40 odd thousand of us. I could hear them singing about winning something 2 times obviously I could hear us singing fields of Anfield road and rafa benitez but dont try and make it sound like it was a cracking atmosphere
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #17: Jan 03, 2008 06:33:11 pm
      im not, all im saying is it wasn't as bad as you're making out
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #18: Jan 03, 2008 06:36:13 pm
      It will be the same folk singing there hearts out when we beat Inter in feb.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #19: Jan 03, 2008 06:39:11 pm
      Thought I could hear booing in the pub. :-\

Tossers. F*ck off and support another team you fickle tw*ts. As Court said, free up the seats for real supporters.

I understand that people aren't satisfied with the performance, but don't voice your feelings at the team after the match. It just paints ALL Liverpool fans as tossers like United or Newcastle! Do us all a favour and keep your f*cking mouths shut.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #20: Jan 03, 2008 08:46:27 pm
      I could hear them singing about winning something 2 times obviously I could hear us singing fields of Anfield road and rafa benitez but dont try and make it sound like it was a cracking atmosphere

Quite funny actually, they were singing "We've won it two times, we've won it two times, Auto Windscreens, we've won it two times !!"   (to the tune of we've won it five times..... )   :D :D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #21: Jan 03, 2008 09:39:26 pm
      Quite funny actually, they were singing "We've won it two times, we've won it two times, Auto Windscreens, we've won it two times !!"   (to the tune of we've won it five times..... )   :D :D

I heard that song, very amusing from them.
      But, where was there support ?
      Christ, only a few years ago they were playing a few divisions below us, and would of only dreamed of playing at Anfield.
      Now it's reality, and they can't even bring 2,000 supporters that short distance.

I was in the Lower Cent., and have to say Kewell had a very poor game, and I did hear a few cheers when his number came up. Not very Liverpool like.
      This is the time when us supporters should be getting behind our lads.
      It's all too easy for people to boo or jeer when things don't go right, but we are Liverpool.
      We are brought up different, we get behind our boys, encourage and support.
      Look at Istanbul at half time, there's only 1 team in the world who would of got that kind of backing from there supporters. The rest of the others teams, would of got hell (or if United - silence).

To all the cock-eggs out there who boo'ed last night, I really hope someone has heavily handed you a reminder of who we are, who we support and what we all believe in together.
      You do not deserve to be in the ground and deprive supporters of there chance to support.
      If you think you are a supporter - then look the word up in the dictionary.

It most certainly doesn't state to turn on the team you believe in.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #22: Jan 03, 2008 11:28:05 pm
      was also in lower annie road and the stick kewell was getting was terrible, even before the match had kicked off. I was one of about only 5 people I could see to stand up and applaud him off the pitch. and the tw*t next to me broke the bloke in front of hims seat.

Know exactly what you mean! Loads of people around me in the main stand doing that. I did the same as you, he had a pretty poor game but I stood and applauded when he came off. Everyone around me was pissing me off tbh giving stick to all our players.

Quick Reply