Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Peoples changing views of Rafa

Read 20169 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Peoples changing views of Rafa
      Reply #299: Feb 16, 2008 06:37:49 pm
      Brilliant Eddie.........You are the only one to have brought a smile to my face this evening :)

I'm here all night ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #300: Feb 16, 2008 06:49:11 pm

:lmao:

How did Eddie know about this site then? :lmao:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #301: Feb 16, 2008 06:50:56 pm
      I actually had suspicions he was a Manc, so I googled his e-mail address & that's what came up :D
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #302: Feb 16, 2008 06:52:53 pm
      I actually had suspicions he was a Manc, so I googled his e-mail address & that's what came up :D

Let you off mate.  ;)

We won't see him on the forum again :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #303: Feb 17, 2008 03:57:11 am

You genius. Highlight of my day :lmao:
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #304: Feb 17, 2008 10:03:45 am
      Bad signings.....Kuyt.Voroni n,Aurellio,Pelligrino(remember him?)Josemi,etc,etc,want me to go on?Married with bad management,not just rotation.messing about with formations etc,resting players before they get tired,(that was a good one),we'll be coming on strong towards the end of the sesason,is a quote of Rafa's that springs to mind.How much is it going to take before the penny drops? This is manager out of his depth,time for him to be thrown overboard.
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #305: Feb 17, 2008 10:17:32 am
      Irish and proud to be by the way,dont see where i am from is an issue,as for sitting back and accepting that we will always be behind man u  and arsenal,i refuse to accept that. But our league position tells it's own story.never mind being dumped out of the cup by Barnsley,as for world class players in our Squad????? we have Gerard and Carragher(who happened to be here before benitez),apart from Torres his dealings in the transfer market have been abysmal
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #306: Feb 17, 2008 10:39:26 am
      RedNblack.  I disagree, he hasn't been that bad in the transfer market!  I just think he lacks man management skills.  He also doesn't seem to get them playing as a team.
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #307: Feb 17, 2008 10:54:12 am
      Considering the money he is on,is it too much to ask of him?Lacking man management and unable to get them playing as a team? If i was doing my job as badly as he is,i would be on the dole,and i could'nt complain.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #308: Feb 17, 2008 11:04:54 am
      Another Thing!!

He blames the Yanks for disrupting the team, but I believe he has created a us and them scenario.  He knows he has the backing of the team and the fans and seems more worried about this little fight, than he does about getting the team to perform well.

Maybe hes counting on the possible DIC takeover
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #309: Feb 17, 2008 11:14:10 am
      D.I.C or the yanks...i dont think it matters who runs the club,he will be gone by the summer,and yes i agree,most of it is of his own making,and the smokescreen of the yanks disrupting the team is a myth that is quickly disappearing,hopefully he will disappear with it
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #310: Feb 17, 2008 11:49:25 am
      Wrong wrong wrong!

Failure in the market you say? Pennant, Agger, Skrtel, Reina, Torres, Crouch, Lucas, Mascherano, Babel, Benayoun plus the countless amounts of very promising youngsters. This has been done with minimal money and we have no right being compared to the likes of Chelsea, Man Scum and Arsenal when we spend the same amount on 3 or 4 players when they would spend it on 1. Pellegrino and Co. were dumped when he saw they wernt good enough and were done without losing money and in some cases winning some. These transfers were made due to lack of funds and looking for an undiscovered talent, nothing more he can do.

Your wrong mate, plain and simple. Get another argument together and see it diminish in front of your eyes, untill then, have a good day.
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #311: Feb 17, 2008 12:00:52 pm
      like i said before,take off the tinted glasses,we are LFC,not some other club that is happy to fight for scraps,read your own message mate,most of the players you mention he does;nt pick half the time.as for lack of funds...how much has he spent? Not nowhere near as much as Wenger i think you will find,No right to be compared with Arsenal or Chelsea?you must be joking,we are LFC and our standards and expectations are very high,and rightly so. my day could'nt get any worse mate,i'm reading the results....you should read through them also i suggest
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #312: Feb 17, 2008 12:02:32 pm
      And out of the bad signings you've named rednblack, Aurelio, Voronin, Pellegrino & Josemi cost a total of £2m, a sum which has already been recouped through Josemi, and would be exceeded were we to sell Aurelio & Voronin. Kuyt was not a bad signing but he has seriously lost form. For him to have been a bad signing he would've had to have never been good for us, and that's definitely not the case. Regardless of what some of our fans think of him we would still get good money were we to sell him.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #313: Feb 17, 2008 12:04:04 pm
      Anyway, haven't you got some swingers parties to attend or some trannies to shag?

:D :D :D
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #314: Feb 17, 2008 12:07:28 pm
      well then,i think we should move him out pretty quickly,when all is said and done,where have we progressed to in the four years since he took over? going backwards i reckon,results and the league table are what managers are judged by,am i right? if so....it makes awful bad reading this sunday morning,and sadly there have been far too many sunday mornings like this one
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #315: Feb 17, 2008 12:12:33 pm
      like I said before,take off the tinted glasses,we are LFC,not some other club that is happy to fight for scraps,read your own message mate,most of the players you mention he does;nt pick half the time.as for lack of funds...how much has he spent? Not nowhere near as much as Wenger I think you will find,No right to be compared with Arsenal or Chelsea?you must be joking,we are LFC and our standards and expectations are very high,and rightly so. my day could'nt get any worse mate,I'm reading the results....you should read through them also I suggest

Agger injured otherwise a first teamer week in and out, Reina is our greatest keeper of all time now, Skrtel getting some games now after settling in and getting some game time, Torres enough said, Babel is a absolute gem and so is Lucas, Mascherano probably our 2nd best all season behind Torres, Benayoun saved us quite a few times and has bags full of skill, Pennant had an injury this season limiting his opportunities. I forgot to mention Xabi Alonso, next thing you'll say is he is sh*t...

Your point makes no sense in terms of rebuttle to my trasnfer market statement, we are LFC and a darn fine prestigous club but what has that got to do with money spent in July-August and January? We have no money to spend and were promised by the Yanks we will have money to spend and will buy anyone Rafa backs, 3 or 4 in summer and 1 in January, im sure Rafa would have wanted more.

Get your facts right and dont try to twist my words.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #316: Feb 17, 2008 12:15:56 pm
      Are you retarded, blind, or just on a windup? How the F**k have we gone backwards?

I really wish fickle cu*ts like yourself would just F**k off & support another team. Has anyone considered the fact that our world famous support has helped us do well in the past, yet this year we've started booing the team whilst we were still unbeaten! Imagine the effect that had on the players & ask yourself if there's more we could've done as fans.
      rednblack
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts | -32 
      Reply #317: Feb 17, 2008 12:18:29 pm
      no need to twist your words for you mate,ask yourself,if these players he brought in are so great,why are we struggling?and dont blame it on the yanks,that arguement is wearing a bit thin.the buck stops with the manager
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #318: Feb 17, 2008 12:26:57 pm
      Having just read your latest post in Song Association I have come to the conclusion that you are indeed retarded if you can't follow a simple concept such as the one in that thread.

With this being the case I am highly concerned that these swingers parties you attend are actually taking advantage of your fragile mental condition, and it amounts to no less than sexual abuse.

In light of your learning difficulties and your rape victim status, I will try to be more understanding. PM me if you need to talk.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #319: Feb 17, 2008 02:03:15 pm
      Alot of fans let out their frustration in different ways, I tend to blame alot of it on the players rather than the manager. If anyone thinks the team rafa put out yesterday werent a good enough 11 to beat Barnsley they are insane.

But some do blame the manager because they seem to be all happy with him when we are all high and winning but as soon as something goes wrong its rafa out he cant win us the league he isnt good eneough. I have only ever had one problem with rafa and that was that he can be over tactical at times but i honestly think he can lead us to a league title. He has his own ways of working as do all managers and im so desperate to see him get serious financial backing and him to be given the money to buy the players he actually wants as first choice and not second or third and then be able to sell the players he doesnt want.

These two things are all he has wanted since he became our manager and we cant really get too see the best of him if he cant even manage in his way. Imagine Fergie being told he cant buy players like Nani,Carrick,Hargreaves,Rooney etc. Telling Wenger he cant fill the team with youngsters no matter how promising they are, Having restricted chelseas spending so they couldnt have bought players like SWP,Malouda etc. I think they would have struggled just like rafa has as u are taking away their managing style and the way in which they work.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #320: Feb 17, 2008 07:43:14 pm
      Just seen this on another forum  ;)  and thought it made a lot of sense, what do you all think ?

I would prefer the league title, but if I was asked 'League or CL' a few seasons ago, I really wouldn't have given a toss as long as I felt that we could possibly do either.

In a funny way, by winning the CL Rafa has made his job that little bit harder. No longer is that trophy considered good enough (wanting what we cant have?).

In a bizarre way I think Rafas job might be more secure had we lost the Istanbul shootout - in that case he would have twice taken us so close to 'the holy grail', perhaps he would soon drag us over the finish line.

However now we have the Champions League, it doesnt feel so unobtainable, and therefore less attractive.

If Rafa Benitez has done so much that you now expect 'more' than just a European Cup, then surely he has done a great job?

Only one team can win the league, and unfortunatly Liverpool probably have had for a fair few years now the fourth best hand in which to play. Put it this way, if Man Utd come second this season, it should be considered a very poor season for them. With the money they spent on top of the squad they already had, they should walk the league.

So my point is, dont devalue the Champions League. Dont treat it as some competition that is easy to progres in. It isnt, the only reason it is seen that way because we have a brilliant manager who has made it look easy.

This season he isnt having the best of times, but we will probably end up in the league position we should probably finish in. I dont even think we have gone that far backwards this season, just the likes of Everton, Villa and Man City have improved vastly.

Lets not get too greedy too soon, lets enjoy the successes we have along the way to any future league titles that im still sure will come our way if we stick with Rafa.

Dont forget, when he took over, he had a squad with very little. Owen left immediatly and that left him with Steven Gerrard, and a workmanlike full back called Jamie Carragher.

We have alot more than that now, but still not enough. The modern game requires a squad of 22 players. It takes time to even build squad depth like that, and that was Rafas first job. Get rid of the dross and get some decent quality depth. He needed to buy alot of players, therefore could only shop in the £8 sort of region, which will always get hits and misses, but never world class.

Now, he can buy just a couple of individuals to add to the basis its taken 3 years to build. He knew that it would take a long long time to get to the title. We are still progressing I believe, this season that progression has slowed, but it hasnt stopped.

To those of you who answered no (WILL RAFA BRING US 19) . Can you not see the only reason you are saying that is because Rafa has given us so much European glory. Do you think if you were offered no league titles, but a European cup in Rafas first five seasons before he took the job you would have answered no?

If you would have done, you have unbelievably rIdiculous expectations, which, if voiced loudly enough will hurt the club so much it could stop us ever winning the league again.

EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #321: Feb 17, 2008 07:47:50 pm
      Brilliant post there, agree with every word.

Quick Reply