Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

3pm Kick Off

Read 2231 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      3pm Kick Off
      Jan 03, 2008 09:21:33 pm
      I know this might sound weird but the other day I was thinking to myself 'are we failing to win games we should win because we dont play at 3pm?'

If you think about it then that could be the reason because if we play at 12:45 on a Saturday then the pressure is on us straight away because if we fail to win then United, Arsenal and Chelsea who usually play at 3pm will take the advantage and win. If we play at 5:15pm on a saturday then the chances are United, Arsenal and Chelsea played at 3pm and if they win then the pressure is on again because we don't want to fall further behind, and if they drew or lost then the pressure is on yet again because we will have to win in order to close the gap and have any chance of winning the league.

We have had just 7 3pm kick offs and we have won 5 and drawn 2

1/9/07 Derby, Home 6-0
      22/9/07 Birmingham, Home 0-0
      29/9/07 Wigan, 1-0
      7/10/07 Spurs, 2-2
      2/12/07 Bolton, Home 4-0
      22/12/07 Pompey, Home 4-1
      26/12/07 Derby, Away 2-1

All of our matches that have been after the 3pm games we have won just 2 and that was against Fulham and Villa, the rest we have drawn except the 3-1 defeat to Reading

Teams failed to beat after 3pm games:

Wigan, Man City, Reading, Blackburn, Arsenal, Chelsea
                                                        (we had the lead)

Before 3pm games:

25/08/07 Sunderland, Away 2-0
      15/09/07 Pompey, Away 0-0
      20/10/07 Everton, Away 2-1
      24/11/07 Newcastle, Away 3-0
      16/12/07 United, Home 0-1

I know we are getting money from Sky Sports and Setanta but I would rather have more 3pm kick offs than the money if it means we are more likely to win instead of going 4 or 5 weeks without 3pm kick offs and drawing when we should be winning

(I hope all that makes sense)
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2008 01:16:55 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: 3pm Kick Off
      Reply #1: Jan 03, 2008 09:27:45 pm
      United, Chelsea or Arsenal would play Sat 12.45 ko or Sunday if we don't.  And 2 of the games you mentioned there were Arsenal and Chelsea who must of been after 3pm cos they were playing us !!  :D ???  Don't think this has anything to do with us winning or losing games, we should go out to win the game no matter what day or time.   
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2: Jan 03, 2008 09:42:41 pm
      well like i said i was'nt realy sure if it made sense or not, i was just looking at our fixtures and thought i saw a bit of a patern ;D

now i have read it again i have realised it doesn't make sense ;D

oops

sorry if it has wasted anyones time
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Jan 03, 2008 09:44:11 pm
      well like I said I was'nt realy sure if it made sense or not, I was just looking at our fixtures and thought I saw a bit of a patern ;D

now I have read it again I have realised it doesn't make sense ;D

oops

sorry if it has wasted anyones time

At least you made the effort matey, thats what its all about   ;) :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #4: Jan 04, 2008 12:48:53 am
      We didn't play Wigan at 3pm.

Check your facts again and then give us the verdict about if our 3pm record is better or worse than our overall record.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5: Jan 04, 2008 01:14:57 am
      We didn't play Wigan at 3pm.

Check your facts again and then give us the verdict about if our 3pm record is better or worse than our overall record.

I think you'll find that on 29th september we played wigan at home an it was a 3pm kick off and we won1-0 thanks 2 benayoun (just in case you dint know)

if you dont believe me then go on liverpoolfc.tv and look at the fixtures so you check you facts
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Jan 04, 2008 02:14:50 am
      I think you'll find that on 29th september we played wigan at home an it was a 3pm kick off and we won1-0 thanks 2 benayoun (just in case you dint know)

if you dont believe me then go on liverpoolfc.tv and look at the fixtures so you check you facts

Sorry mate, we played Wigan away when Benayoun scored the winning goal. I remember it well. And surely you remember Wednesday night when we played Wigan at home?

Anyway. I can see where you are coming from with the psychological advantage or disadvantage. Ideally, all games should be played at the same time so there is no pressure. But football is ruled by money and TV these days and we just have to get on with it.

It's clutching at straws a bit isn't it? The focus should be in the players for the game they play no matter the time they kick off. They are professionals.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7: Jan 04, 2008 11:52:03 am
      'It's clutching at straws a bit isn't it?'

well like i said I said I was'nt realy sure if it made sense or not, I was just looking at our fixtures and thought I saw a bit of a patern

just seems as if we never have 3pm kick offs
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #8: Jan 04, 2008 12:53:11 pm
      'It's clutching at straws a bit isn't it?'

well like I said I said I was'nt realy sure if it made sense or not, I was just looking at our fixtures and thought I saw a bit of a patern

just seems as if we never have 3pm kick offs

I think all of the top four suffer from the dreaded Sky/Satanta programming.

As for the 3pm kick off being a particular disadvantage to us you could equally say given our results to date that we would be better playing all our games away.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Jan 06, 2008 09:08:39 am
      3pm kick off whats that?

Quick Reply