Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)

Read 240461 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Martin Škrtel Player Thread
      Reply #2208: Jun 16, 2016 09:22:25 pm
      I never saw him back out of a tackle and I wish him well
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2209: Jun 16, 2016 10:00:14 pm
      good luck Martin. Player of the season for us a few times during his time with us. Personally thought very highly of him up until last season.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #2210: Jun 17, 2016 02:33:01 am
      good luck Martin. Player of the season for us a few times during his time with us. Personally thought very highly of him up until last season.

He's very useful in the right setup.  Kenny, Rafa, and Roy all liked to get men behind the ball and defend deep.  In a setup like this, Martin's instinct to drop off when we concede possession fits with the tactics. 

He was hit and miss under Brendan, but that was more to do with Brendan changing his tactical approach so much over his 3.5 years. 

He flat out doesn't suit Klopp's tactical approach.  Neither one will change, so he needs to move on for the benefit of all....

I think he'll do well with Fener and wish him the best of luck. 

YNWA Martin
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #2211: Jun 17, 2016 06:58:35 am
      Can still do a useful job for someone, only not Liverpool.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,039 posts | 336 
      Reply #2212: Jun 17, 2016 11:22:35 am
      Yes, its the right decision to let Martin go.  He's been loyal to us and put himself on the line, for all his faults.

He turned me into a jibbering, nervous wreck a few too many times but I'll always remember the two goals against Arsenal and the one he smashed in against Man City.

All the best Martin.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2213: Jun 17, 2016 11:46:56 am
      Yes, its the right decision to let Martin go.  He's been loyal to us and put himself on the line, for all his faults.

He turned me into a jibbering, nervous wreck a few too many times but I'll always remember the two goals against Arsenal and the one he smashed in against Man City.

All the best Martin.

That goal against Man City wasn't a bad last goal to score for the club.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2214: Jun 29, 2016 02:23:36 pm
      Some idiot on Martin's instagram acc called Klopp a dick, and Martin pretty much agreed with it! Bad way to leave the club lad!
      http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/06/29/martin-skrtel-calls-Jürgen-klopp-a-dickhead-on-instagram/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%40DaveO
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2215: Jun 29, 2016 02:46:12 pm
      Some idiot on Martin's instagram acc called Klopp a dick, and Martin pretty much agreed with it! Bad way to leave the club lad!
      http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/06/29/martin-skrtel-calls-Jürgen-klopp-a-dickhead-on-instagram/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%40DaveO

Sad really - I would have expected better. Still he's not the first and won't be the last to 'dis' a manager... some we ignore... some we don't.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2216: Jun 29, 2016 02:57:20 pm
      Shocking: Liverpool ace calls Jürgen Klopp a ‘D*ckhead’ on Instragram

Posted by Jordan Chamberlain

We’ve spent most of this summer suggesting that while Martin Skrtel should leave Liverpool, he should be congratulated for his eight years of loyal service – and not vilified for his performances last season.

Now, we’re not too sure.

A friend of the defender shared this image on Instagram, and the comments between our centre-back and his pal have been translated for us.

The first hashtag from poster pharrelski means “KloppIsAD*ckhead”. #KloppJeKKT is short for KloppJeKokot. Kokot is slang for ‘D*ickhead’, or ‘Dick’. (Essentially very insulting.)

Skrtel replies, claiming “Last hashtag is TOP”, with a load of smiley faces included, before phrarreslki says: “Hope Jürgen won’t see it.”

Unbelievably, Skrtel responds: “Hope he does!”

Why Skrtel thought a footballer playing for a club like Liverpool could get away with something like this on social media is beyond our understanding.

Obviously the 31-year-old is disappointed and bitter to have fallen down the manager’s pecking order, but to speak about Klopp like this publicly…? Completely out of order.

Thankfully, it looks like Skrtel’s deal to Fenerbahce will be wrapped up this week, and we won’t have to see his criminal brand of defending plague our backline again.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/06/29/martin-skrtel-calls-Jürgen-klopp-a-dickhead-on-instagram/

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2217: Jun 29, 2016 03:02:34 pm
      What a bellend.

Watch our defence go from strength to strength without him in it now.

All of our defensive woes came when he was at the bloody heart of it.

Just look at the improvement of Lovren and to some extent mignolet once Skrtel lost his place.

F***ing divvy.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2218: Jun 29, 2016 03:11:17 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065:  :mad:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #2219: Jun 29, 2016 03:20:44 pm
      He's never been the brightest as evidenced with his defensive performances.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2220: Jun 29, 2016 04:16:03 pm
      No no no. He'd come out to say that his account has been hacked!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2221: Jun 29, 2016 04:18:45 pm
      So let me get this right, the headline says how Skrtel calls Klopp a dickhead yet it's somebody else who calls him a dickhead. Amazing journalism! :roll:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,257 posts | 6365 
      Reply #2222: Jun 29, 2016 04:55:00 pm
      So let me get this right, the headline says how Skrtel calls Klopp a dickhead yet it's somebody else who calls him a dickhead. Amazing journalism! :roll:

And Skrtel agrees with him.

So if you say you  like Avocados and I say I agree, do I like Avocados?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2223: Jun 29, 2016 04:59:45 pm
      To be fair, I bet Klopp calls himself a dickhead. He doesn't take himself seriously and neither should anyone. That's part of what makes Jürgen so charming. He's so regular.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2224: Jun 29, 2016 05:00:37 pm

Does Skrtel specifically say he agrees with the dickhead part though?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2225: Jun 29, 2016 05:00:52 pm

I don't like Avocados could we change it to Pomegranates ...I like them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,257 posts | 6365 
      Reply #2226: Jun 29, 2016 05:11:34 pm
      Does Skrtel specifically say he agrees with the dickhead part though?

The first hashtag from poster pharrelski means “KloppIsAD*ckhead”. #KloppJeKKT is short for KloppJeKokot. Kokot is slang for ‘D*ickhead’, or ‘Dick’. (Essentially very insulting.)

Skrtel replies, claiming “Last hashtag is TOP”, with a load of smiley faces included, before phrarreslki says: “Hope Jürgen won’t see it.”

Unbelievably, Skrtel responds: “Hope he does!”
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #2227: Jun 29, 2016 06:32:40 pm
      Always thought he was a c**t, this confirms it.

(Well actually no, I did hear of a story where a fan went up to him for his autograph, and he told him to piss off).

Glad we're getting rid of the useless tosser.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2228: Jun 29, 2016 07:12:24 pm
      I'm sure Klopp is having to wipe away the tears from his glasses at reading those messages.

But I'm not surprised at Skrtel's behaviour considering that the moment he was dropped by Rodgers in the 2012/2013 he made threats to leave the club (sad he didn't) as opposed to knuckling down and fighting for his place. Not just a spineless joke of a defender but a spineless human being as well. What's sadder is that despite spending over 8 years at this club he leaves NO legacy.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #2229: Jun 29, 2016 07:21:21 pm
      Always thought he was a liability lost it for me when we played an fa cup game few years back can't actually remember who it was lower league club he was the senior player on the day and was absolutely horrific , shambolic display at best we had to send on some troops , still can't remember if we rescued it I think not , bye bye enjoy your next round of shirt tugging .
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2230: Jun 29, 2016 07:30:26 pm
      I'm sure Klopp is having to wipe away the tears from his glasses at reading those messages.

But I'm not surprised at Skrtel's behaviour considering that the moment he was dropped by Rodgers in the 2012/2013 he made threats to leave the club (sad he didn't) as opposed to knuckling down and fighting for his place. Not just a spineless joke of a defender but a spineless human being as well. What's sadder is that despite spending over 8 years at this club he leaves NO legacy.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

You must have a short or selective memory. There was a time when Martin was a very good defender that always left it all on the field.
      I dont get the hatred shown towards Skrtel, ok he's been poor for the last few seasons, but that happens to some players, sometimes they burn out before their time.
      He's absolutely wrong to go out this way, spitting the dummy is unnecessary.

Quick Reply