Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)

Read 240792 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Re: Martin Skrtel Player Thread
      Reply #1610: Mar 30, 2014 10:26:37 pm
      That block was as good as a goal cause that shot was going in. Skrtel was immense today. Anyone else notice that he has seemed much more comfortable on the ball as the season wore on? Doesn't hoof it hardly at all and always seems to pick out the right pass.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1611: Mar 30, 2014 10:34:23 pm
      That block was as good as a goal cause that shot was going in. Skrtel was immense today. Anyone else notice that he has seemed much more comfortable on the ball as the season wore on? Doesn't hoof it hardly at all and always seems to pick out the right pass.

without a doubt, he has looked more and more composed as the season has progressed and I cant really recall him making any of the errors in possession that we saw fairly regularly last season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1612: Mar 30, 2014 11:15:26 pm
      Brilliant display. Yep that block was crucial as it was going in. Could have made a big difference but the Big Slovak to the rescue, again. Well done Martin.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1613: Mar 30, 2014 11:18:57 pm
      Was a monster at the back.

Up there for player of the year in my books.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1614: Mar 31, 2014 01:34:23 pm

he was looking to play the ball like agger.. no stuff that, it was like stevie! one ball in particular went 50 yards over to the left flank from right back, i was like "martin gerrard!!!!"
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1615: Mar 31, 2014 02:04:34 pm
      Monster.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1616: Mar 31, 2014 05:54:51 pm
      Could be much sharper when playing away from home but at Anfield for much of this season he has been a beast.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1617: Mar 31, 2014 07:12:39 pm
      Always been a big fan of his and he has embraced Brendan's way of playing and he looks very very comfortable on the ball now
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1618: Apr 01, 2014 07:30:56 pm
      Gonna be a big player in the run-in. Moments like that block on Eriksen are vital, in terms of momentum, confidence, belief etc.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1619: Apr 01, 2014 10:11:33 pm
      Always been a big fan of his and he has embraced Brendan's way of playing and he looks very very comfortable on the ball now

There's a big difference between how comfortable he is on the ball now and passing it around compared to that back pass he made last season against City to go from 2-1 up to 2-2. Been saying it for a while but I love his blocks! He is immense at getting his body in the way.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1620: Apr 13, 2014 10:50:42 pm
      Was reckless today. Could have given 2 pens away, and was poor judgement to dive in on Aguero for the Silva chance late on. Kills me to say it but on showings like that, needs replacing in the summer
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1621: Apr 13, 2014 10:59:33 pm
      That handball was as bad as Carrolls last week.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1622: Apr 13, 2014 11:13:11 pm
      Was reckless today. Could have given 2 pens away, and was poor judgement to dive in on Aguero for the Silva chance late on. Kills me to say it but on showings like that, needs replacing in the summer
      Are you for real , needs replacing me arse .

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1623: Apr 13, 2014 11:15:42 pm
      Are you for real , needs replacing me arse .

would you be saying that if the ref rightly gave  pens against him? So careless at times
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1624: Apr 13, 2014 11:17:50 pm

If anyone was reckless today it was Hendo in getting sent off, yes Skrtel could have given 2 pens away BUT he didn't he did his his job in defending !
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1625: Apr 13, 2014 11:19:32 pm
      would you be saying that if the ref rightly gave  pens against him? So careless at times
      Did he give a peno ? no he didn't and all hypothetical i may add .

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1626: Apr 13, 2014 11:19:43 pm
      If anyone was reckless today it was Hendo in getting sent off, yes Skrtel could have given 2 pens away BUT he didn't he did his his job in defending !

BUT he will sometime ala Swansea, can't believe it doesn't happen more often.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1627: Apr 13, 2014 11:20:04 pm

I couldn't care less about the summer at the moment and really don't understand how someone could. Anyway, well done Martin, another key goal to our season! His 7th already, not bad for a CB.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #1628: Apr 13, 2014 11:24:11 pm

He also scored the second, and put a critical tackle in when Fernandiho was about to run through for a one-on-one and dominated everything in the air.
      He's a center back, its going to get scrappy sometimes.
      Considering he would be our player of the season, if it wasn't for Suarez (and maybe Stevies) form this year, I think his is the safest position in the summer than the rest of the defensive roles.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1629: Apr 13, 2014 11:27:30 pm
      I couldn't care less about the summer at the moment and really don't understand how someone could. Anyway, well done Martin, another key goal to our season! His 7th already, not bad for a CB.
      If he scored that amount for another team  he'd be called  a goal machine . :)
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1630: Apr 13, 2014 11:28:39 pm

Because I'm scared stiff his recklessness is going to cost us points THIS season. If the ref had seen that handball he'd be public enemy no 1, and could potentially go down as the man who cost us the league (history won't remember 2 goals against Cardiff or Arsenal, impressive as they were.) If it was a one-off I'd just forget about it and be thankful, but it is representative of how he defends game in game out, living right on the edge of what he can get away with, and often, like today going over the edge. I know for a fact he will cost us points if he stays in the team long-term, I just pray it's not this season.
      Anyway enough negativity from me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #1631: Apr 13, 2014 11:34:44 pm
      F***ing love his will and desire. A winner!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #1632: Apr 13, 2014 11:40:46 pm
      F***ing love his will and desire. A winner!!

Yep.

Still can't believe the amount of stick he gets from our on fans at times.

Quick Reply