Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)

Read 239727 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Martin Škrtel Player Thread
      Reply #2254: Jun 30, 2016 10:00:36 am
      2011/12 he must have had a decent season voted player of the season by LFC fans?

Oh. That season we were abysmal you mean and there were no other stand out performers?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2255: Jun 30, 2016 10:06:58 am
      Oh. That season we were abysmal you mean and there were no other stand out performers?

Probably   :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2256: Jun 30, 2016 10:28:19 am
      Where has this myth of him being this solid defender come from?

He is bloody shambolic. He makes massive mistakes each and every game he plays.

Never established himself as one of the leagues best centre halves during his time here. He didn't even establish himself as our best centre half during his time here!

He has been at the heart of all our defensive woes for years. Some fans are completely blinded by it and like to think he's some scary tough defender which is just bollocks.

How he has lasted this long here I'll never know. We will be far stronger as a team/squad without martin Skrtel in it.

Are you seriously saying he's been at the heart of every defensive problem since he's been here? Don't talk F***ing stupid. Not even Glen Johnson was responsible for every bad defensive error and he was on a different level of shambolic to everybody else.

Since when did I say he was the best?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2257: Jun 30, 2016 11:10:13 am
      Where has this myth of him being this solid defender come from?

He is bloody shambolic. He makes massive mistakes each and every game he plays.

Never established himself as one of the leagues best centre halves during his time here. He didn't even establish himself as our best centre half during his time here!

He has been at the heart of all our defensive woes for years. Some fans are completely blinded by it and like to think he's some scary tough defender which is just bollocks.

How he has lasted this long here I'll never know. We will be far stronger as a team/squad without martin Skrtel in it.

Sorry mate but you're full of sh*t.

Skrtel was at the heart of every defensive error for the last 8 years?! Dramatic much. Next you'll be blaming Moreno for Brexit.

And does it mean you're a bad player if you don't establish yourself as the best in the league? That means Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge are all not good enough?

He has been steadily declining the last couple of seasons but in his time here I would describe him as  pretty solid. I remember the "nearly" season of 13/14 as well he was an absolute beast, 36 appearances for us that season.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2258: Jun 30, 2016 12:14:19 pm
      Are you seriously saying he's been at the heart of every defensive problem since he's been here? Don't talk f**king stupid.

Are you Slovakian?

The lad is sh*te. end of. He wouldn't get a game for any of our rivals chasing the same silverware we are. end of.

We defend far better without him in the team. More recently, this season just gone, look at the improvement both Sakho and Lovren made in their form once Skrtel was injured & then benched.  To some extent, Mignolets form also improved. Is that just a co-incidence to you then?

For such a tough defender who bounces into burger king and demands a big mac and gets one it was embarrassing watching him mark physical forwards who are all about hold up play. The likes of Droga just used to laugh and bully him.

Very rarely do you see Skrtel win a header and for years we have suffered conceding so many goals from set pieces and yes, he has been at the heart of it.

Lost count how many own goals he has scored and I was sick and tired of watching him pull shirts in the box/dangerous positions outside the box too.

Am I blaming him entirely for our defensive problems in the last how many years? No im not. So put your dummy back in. I said he was at the heart of it. Which he was. He has been here 8 seasons and made hundreds of appearances for us. Therefore, it can't be disputed.

Im sure ive seen carragher slate him somewhere too basically saying he is sh*te. Now as a footballer I didn't think carragher was particular special either, but I do appreciate his knowledge on the game.

Lets just see next season shall we how we get on going into a season where Martin Skrtel isn't first choice CB for us. I strongly predict we will defend far better as a team and it will be so much more refreshing to watch and we won't be leaking in anywhere near the silly goals we are used to. Lets just wait and see if we miss Martin Skrtel shall we.

I didn't say you said he was the best either. For somebody playing for Liverpool and spending 8 years here, making hundreds of appearances for us and never establishing himself as one of the leagues best or even our own best is quite incredible really.  No wonder we have been stuck in mediocrity for so many years when our fans think players like Skrtel are brilliant. 

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2259: Jun 30, 2016 01:19:11 pm

To some extent, Mignolets form also improved.   :lmao:  :lmao:

Lost count how many own goals he has scored 6, one less than Carragher

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2260: Jun 30, 2016 01:51:08 pm
      Are you Slovakian?

The lad is sh*te. end of. He wouldn't get a game for any of our rivals chasing the same silverware we are. end of.

We defend far better without him in the team. More recently, this season just gone, look at the improvement both Sakho and Lovren made in their form once Skrtel was injured & then benched.  To some extent, Mignolets form also improved. Is that just a co-incidence to you then?

For such a tough defender who bounces into burger king and demands a big mac and gets one it was embarrassing watching him mark physical forwards who are all about hold up play. The likes of Droga just used to laugh and bully him.

Very rarely do you see Skrtel win a header and for years we have suffered conceding so many goals from set pieces and yes, he has been at the heart of it.

Lost count how many own goals he has scored and I was sick and tired of watching him pull shirts in the box/dangerous positions outside the box too.

Am I blaming him entirely for our defensive problems in the last how many years? No im not. So put your dummy back in. I said he was at the heart of it. Which he was. He has been here 8 seasons and made hundreds of appearances for us. Therefore, it can't be disputed.

Im sure ive seen carragher slate him somewhere too basically saying he is sh*te. Now as a footballer I didn't think carragher was particular special either, but I do appreciate his knowledge on the game.

Lets just see next season shall we how we get on going into a season where Martin Skrtel isn't first choice CB for us. I strongly predict we will defend far better as a team and it will be so much more refreshing to watch and we won't be leaking in anywhere near the silly goals we are used to. Lets just wait and see if we miss Martin Skrtel shall we.

I didn't say you said he was the best either. For somebody playing for Liverpool and spending 8 years here, making hundreds of appearances for us and never establishing himself as one of the leagues best or even our own best is quite incredible really.  No wonder we have been stuck in mediocrity for so many years when our fans think players like Skrtel are brilliant. 

Mangala, Blind, Paulista, Cahill etc. wouldn't get many games for us at centre back but they're still in teams at the top getting game time. Using the amount of own goals as a stick to beat him with is pathetic. Carragher scored more, does that mean he was sh*t too?

Your exact words were: "He has been at the heart of all our defensive woes for years." It's complete and utter bollocks. Last season you have a point but throughout his entire career, that's a lot of mistakes you're putting solely on his shoulders. Of course it can be disputed. You can't just come out with a ridiculous statement with no evidence to back it up and say "it can't be disputed". :D. You'd be a sh*te lawyer!

Skrtel wasn't first choice last season and we were still a shambles at times when he wasn't playing.

Again, when the F**k did I say he was/is brilliant? I wish you'd use your eyes to F***ing read. I said he's been a solid member of the squad which he has. If you want to carry on slating him for Christmas not being 365 days a year then do so but you should probably get a life at some point.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2261: Jun 30, 2016 01:57:14 pm
      Has he gone yet?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2262: Jun 30, 2016 01:58:26 pm

Sometime this week apparently.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2263: Jun 30, 2016 05:57:40 pm
      8 years at the club, will never go down as a great. Says it all.

Made me think about our performances including trophies won over the past eight years... Probably correlated.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2264: Jun 30, 2016 09:47:59 pm
      Mangala, Blind, Paulista, Cahill etc. wouldn't get many games for us at centre back but they're still in teams at the top getting game time. Using the amount of own goals as a stick to beat him with is pathetic. Carragher scored more, does that mean he was sh*t too?

Your exact words were: "He has been at the heart of all our defensive woes for years." It's complete and utter bollocks. Last season you have a point but throughout his entire career, that's a lot of mistakes you're putting solely on his shoulders. Of course it can be disputed. You can't just come out with a ridiculous statement with no evidence to back it up and say "it can't be disputed". :D. You'd be a sh*te lawyer!

Skrtel wasn't first choice last season and we were still a shambles at times when he wasn't playing.

Again, when the f**k did I say he was/is brilliant? I wish you'd use your eyes to f**king read. I said he's been a solid member of the squad which he has. If you want to carry on slating him for Christmas not being 365 days a year then do so but you should probably get a life at some point.

Can't be arsed discussing Skrtel any further, he's sh*te, don't need to say any more.

Anybody who says otherwise or says he has been a good player for us or a 'solid member of the squad' is deluded.

See ya
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #2265: Jul 01, 2016 10:35:24 am
      Can't be arsed discussing Skrtel any further, he's sh*te, don't need to say any more.

Anybody who says otherwise or says he has been a good player for us or a 'solid member of the squad' is deluded.

See ya

*Drops the mic*
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2266: Jul 05, 2016 08:55:49 pm
      Has he gone yet?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Martin Škrtel (Liverpool -> Fenerbahce)
      Reply #2268: Jul 12, 2016 09:02:19 pm
      Thank God.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2269: Jul 12, 2016 11:41:10 pm
      All the very best Martin, thank you for all your years of service to LFC, good luck in the future.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2270: Jul 13, 2016 12:23:57 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2271: Jul 13, 2016 12:28:14 am

Would have been more cordial but his childish, immature behaviour on instagram towards Klopp was enough for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2272: Jul 13, 2016 12:47:06 am
      Would have been more cordial but his childish, immature behaviour on instagram towards Klopp was enough for me.

It just struck me funny...think some of these outgoings have  drug on so long they are wearing us out.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2273: Jul 13, 2016 12:55:30 am
      Good luck Marty.

Thanks for all your efforts bled for the cause numerous times deserves respect.

YNWA!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2274: Jul 13, 2016 02:21:04 am
      Bye Martin :( One of the old guard and one part of the tattoo twins back in the day.

All the best. 300+ games and not one did he put anything less than 100% in.

Probably had his highlight against Arsenal with that double he scored. Many more of course (and many lowlights).

All the best big fella. YNWA.
      IM
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | 12 
      Reply #2275: Jul 13, 2016 08:22:59 am
      Good luck Martin.

Thank you for being a loyal servant to the club .

All the best in the future.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2276: Jul 13, 2016 08:46:19 am
      Bye Martin.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Thank you for being a loyal servant to the club.

Good luck and All the best in the future.  :ernaehrung004:

Quick Reply