Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Even More Speculation About Benitez!!!!!

Read 1848 times
      LFC LEGENDS
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal
      • Started Topic

• 98 posts | -1 
      • Ynwa
      Even More Speculation About Benitez!!!!!
      Jan 06, 2008 01:30:52 pm

Rafa Benitez reportedly believes he will be sacked by Liverpool at the end of the season - and Jose Mourinho is poised to replace him at Anfield.

While previous reports of Benitez's imminent demise have proved premature, the Sunday papers are united in their belief that the Spaniard is preparing to leave England after his spat with Liverpool's American owners proved terminal.

According to The Sunday People, 'Benitez will finally join Real Madrid in the summer - at the third time of asking. Benitez believes he is a dead man walking at Anfield following his war with the Kop's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.'

And a 'close friend' of Benitez is quoted as saying in the News of the World: "Rafa wants to stay but now he believes he will be sacked because the owners have not shown they will back him."

Should he depart, Benitez will not be short of alternative employment. Real Madrid are said to be keen on recruiting him, while the People claims that 'Top Italian sides Inter and AC Milan are hot on the Spaniard's heels, with Bayern Munich also massively impressed by the former Valencia chief'.

Martin O'Neill and Jürgen Klinsmann would most probably be installed as the favourites to move into the Anfield hot seat but, in an intriguing twist, The Observer leads with the claim that 'Jose Mourinho is growing increasingly restless in his search for a return to management and is monitoring the position of Rafa Benitez at Liverpool.'

Out of work since his dismissal by Chelsea in September, Mourinho has apparently become disenchanted with his prospects of returning to management with either Barcelona, Real Madrid or AC Milan.

According to The Observer, 'There has been no approach to Mourinho by the Americans, but Hicks and Gillett are understood to be actively considering replacement managers and are well aware of the abilities of the Portuguese, who discussed becoming Liverpool manager before joining Chelsea in 2004. Asked last night to comment on the pair's interest in employing Mourinho, Hicks declined.

'Mourinho's family were keen to live in London again when he was considering becoming England coach, although they do not hold the same enthusiasm about the wetter, colder and (in their view) less cosmopolitan North-West. 'Liverpool is not the same as London,' said a friend. 'But Liverpool is a big club and Jose loves English football. For now we have to wait.''

Just Read this On Foottball 365.Is anyone else getting scared by this speculation i try not to belive it but after see todays pappers its hard not too.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Even More Speculation About Benitez!!!!!
      Reply #1: Jan 06, 2008 01:49:49 pm
      News of the World is quoted, enough said.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Jan 06, 2008 01:57:51 pm

Exactly what I was going to say. Would love to read that the yanks are selling up tho have to say
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #3: Jan 06, 2008 02:03:43 pm
      We do not have to believe what these sh..........t newspapers say   I came across one (express)saying Rafa said to his friends  he will leave liverpool in the summer

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Jan 06, 2008 02:31:25 pm
      I cant believe another topic has been started about Benitez !!  We all know the score and if you choose to believe the media-hype then thats up to you.  Personally I wouldn't wipe my ar*se on any of them !!    Sorry, buts that's how I feel about today's journalism.  :f_steam: 
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #5: Jan 06, 2008 03:08:36 pm
      I just found another similar article

BENITEZ EXPECTS ANFIELD EXIT - REPORTS
      Rafa Benitez reportedly believes he will be sacked by Liverpool at the end of the season - and Jose Mourinho could be poised to replace him at Anfield.

While previous reports of Benitez's imminent demise have proved premature, the Sunday papers are united in their belief that the Spaniard is preparing to leave England after his spat with Liverpool's American owners.

According to the Sunday People, 'Benitez will finally join Real Madrid in the summer - at the third time of asking. Benitez believes he is a dead man walking at Anfield following his war with the Kop's American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.'

And a 'close friend' of Benitez is quoted as saying in the News of the World: "Rafa wants to stay but now he believes he will be sacked because the owners have not shown they will back him."

Should he depart, Benitez will not be short of alternative employment. Real Madrid are said to be keen on recruiting him, while the People claims that 'Top Italian sides Inter and AC Milan are hot on the Spaniard's heels, with Bayern Munich also massively impressed by the former Valencia chief'.

On the subject of who would replace Benitez at Anfield, there's an intriguing twist with The Observer leading on the claim that 'Jose Mourinho is growing increasingly restless in his search for a return to management and is monitoring the position of Rafa Benitez at Liverpool.'

Out of work since his Stamford Bridge departure in September, Mourinho has apparently become disenchanted with his prospects of returning to management with either Barcelona, Real Madrid or AC Milan.

According to The Observer, 'there has been no approach to Mourinho by the Americans, but Hicks and Gillett are understood to be actively considering replacement managers and are well aware of the abilities of the Portuguese, who discussed becoming Liverpool manager before joining Chelsea in 2004. Asked last night to comment on the pair's interest in employing Mourinho, Hicks declined.

'Mourinho's family were keen to live in London again when he was considering becoming England coach, although they do not hold the same enthusiasm about the wetter, colder and (in their view) less cosmopolitan North-West. 'Liverpool is not the same as London,' said a friend. 'But Liverpool is a big club and Jose loves English football. For now we have to wait.''
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #6: Jan 06, 2008 04:57:03 pm
      I have a friend ,who 2nd cousin lives in Spain and his Dad works on the metro in Madrid and his friend at work has a sister who works in a cafe and the owner's brother has a wife who is also the  daughter of a guy that owns a  company that cleans the loos at Real Madrid and he says that he never reads the papers.........
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Jan 06, 2008 05:19:22 pm
      :D :D :D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Jan 06, 2008 06:07:59 pm

A BIG F***ing DITTO TO THAT F***ing s*ns sister paper bullshit. Why oh why is it that nothing positive is ever said about our club inany of the media with the exception of the Liverpool echo. Would some please be kind enough to point out one article or one report where we are actually reported on in the good light with some postivie things to say. I bet not one of you can if you can then I will buy you F***ing beer albiet in a conceptiul sense.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #9: Jan 06, 2008 06:09:05 pm
      I have a friend ,who 2nd cousin lives in Spain and his Dad works on the metro in Madrid and his friend at work has a sister who works in a cafe and the owner's brother has a wife who is also the  daughter of a guy that owns a  company that cleans the loos at Real Madrid and he says that he never reads the papers.........

:lmao:  It must be true then  :lmao:
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Jan 06, 2008 06:19:11 pm
      Well todays result is only going to fuel the fire unfortunately.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Jan 06, 2008 06:30:23 pm

Can you run that one past me again please ???
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #12: Jan 06, 2008 06:35:32 pm
      It's a complete non-story. A "friend" of Benitez says this and that. A "friend" of Mourinho says he's watching the Premier League closely. Ffs, it tells you absolutely nothing. Unless the men themselves are quoted I don't even see the point of posting this tripe.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #13: Jan 06, 2008 06:36:24 pm
      There are enough Benitez threads on the board.  Idle Sunday tittle tattle with no real sources.

Topic locked.

Quick Reply