Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Lee Dixon: Hypocrit Extraordinaire

Read 2541 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Lee Dixon: Hypocrit Extraordinaire
      Jan 06, 2008 09:59:32 pm

I love the FA Cup. Have done since I was a kid, loved every aspect of it the little teams beating the big teams
      the romance the passion. And to top it all a wonderful advert for everything that is right in this wonderful game we love called football. In recent years though its role has somewhat been dimished by the media protaining
      it to be less important and only a trinket of tournament. Much of this dimishing respect for this wonderful Cup must be laid at the door of the likes of Manchester United who refused to participate in the competition because they had grandure of becoming world champions. Yet at the same time there press machine indicated that when Liverpools attempt at becoming world champions was in the fore, it was argued that that tournament was micky mouse, yet anything they seem to win is a great trumiph and an amazing achievement just like their League Cup win against Wigan, a micky mouse tournament but a great achivement because they won it.

This is the kind of double standard hypocracy that I have come to expect from the likes of that football club.
      But In all honesty I never expected it from the likes of Lee Dixon. Albeit he is an gooner I had respect for this guy until today. Last night on match of the day he moaned and belittled Premier League Clubs for not putting out their best teams in the early rounds of the competition. He stated it dimishes the quality of the competition and its a big bad thing in not so many words. My wife and I lay in bed watching this and whole heartedly agreed with every word that came out of his mouth. Yet we tune in to BBC 1 this afternoon to watch minows Burnley yes the team that beat us a few years ago with that Djmi goal, take on the Arsenail. Something I noticed straight off was the Arsenail team, a second string team with many fringe players in the mix yet good enough to turn over a Burnley side who to all intense and purposes were "up for it" in a similar fashion as Luton were today.

As the camera panned onto to Lee Dixon I increased my listening bandwidth with interest and wondered what he had to say. Well to my utter shock but in retrospect very little surprise he defeneded Arse Wenger down to the hilt for playing a second string side. He stated about injuries and the fact that Adebayor was about to play in the african cup and then tried to justify his hypocracy with some other anicdotal references to how great Arsenal were. I have never in all my days seen such a turn around in 24 hours, you have no defence for this Dixon none what so ever and its a wonder that so many young people are sucked in by media bullshit when you have idiots like him on TV. BBC you should sack him and let him go and work for Arsenal TV, I was always under the immpression that the BBC tried to report fairly and play things down the middle but if this is anything to go by I want my TV licence fee back. Im not prepared to pay that tw*ts wages Im afraid and I will probably be in the frame of mind to turn off the TV everytime he is on MOTD or just not listen to anything he says, how can anyone take him seriously after that. !!Tosser!!
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 10:13:58 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Re: Lee Dixon: Hypocrit Extraordinaire
      Reply #1: Jan 06, 2008 10:16:10 pm
      A good point and well highlighted.  I didn't hear either of these comments but it sums some people up doesn't it.

It's like has been said elsewhere - Liverpool 'rotate' whereas everyone else 'rests players'.  It's just media bullshit and Lee Dixon is clearly one of those people with a vast array of different hats to wear on different occassions.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Jan 07, 2008 07:36:59 pm
      Good point! ;)

What a tosser! >:( He's another riding on that big comfy bandwagon! ;) The tit!
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #3: Jan 07, 2008 08:49:44 pm
      Good post! One thing I can't stand is Hypocrits!

Good point JD, Arsene w**ker never gets criticised for fielding young players, then they loose.

Quick Reply