Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

AFCON GHANA 2008

Read 3069 times
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      AFCON GHANA 2008
      Jan 08, 2008 06:04:17 am
      Hey guys...

Please follow the link to the article and also read the comments that follow...

I really want to know the opinion of this forum...

http://www.news24.com/News24/MyNews24/Your_story/0,,2-2127-2128_2246444,00.html
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: AFCON GHANA 2008
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2008 08:34:52 am
      This is kind of like that "is it worth it to buy african players?" thread.

Anyway I dont think Its such a big deal because managers think of ALL players international duties when they sign a player. It just so happens that if a player is an African international, he has a bit more of a duty than other countries because of the AFCON so all the managers need to do is make sure he has depth in his squad to compensate for the loss or else be fu**ed like chelsea is now.

and with regards to bafana...of course I hope they do well in this tornament and the world cup in 2010 as I support them win or lose, but what I feel is more important is that having the tournament and Carlos Alberto Parreria as coach can improve the level of football in SA and leave a lasting effect so that one day I might actually enjoy watching PSL games as much as I enjoy watching European club games.

btw I'm from SA too :)
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 356 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2008 08:42:04 am
      Oh sorry...but I didn't mean for us to discuss just that article...and the "timing" issue...

This thread is for anything to do with the AFCON...I noticed nobody was saying anything about it here...

I'm putting my money on MALI and my heart on BAFANA!

southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 356 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 21, 2008 12:48:18 pm
      Well ...the tournament started yesterday with Ghana beating Guinea 2-1...is anyone following the games?
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: Jan 21, 2008 02:19:35 pm
      Wont really be watching the games ill check out the results the longer Sissoko is away the better,hears Muntari scored a last min winner 25 yard screamer.

Quick Reply