Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Cisse

Read 9495 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Cisse
      Jan 09, 2008 12:00:54 am
      After hearing that City have had an approach for former red Cisse rejected, and apparently saying he wants to return to England I started to think to myself 'what if we re-signed him?'

Liverpool have a First-Option agreement with Marseille over Cisse and I think that re-signing him would be a good idea.

I think its a good idea because I personally believe that he is he perfect partner for Torres

1. They both have electric pace
      2. Cisse has one hell of a shot on him and did score quite alot of goals for us, I believe he got 19 in one season
      3. Kuyt and Voronin couldn't hit a barn door from bloody 2 yards, so why not sell one of them?
      4. Like Torres, Cisse likes to play through the middle and with there pace they would destroy defenses
      5. When Cisse first joined us him and Owen were in hot form during pre season banging in goals from all round the box, and well I think Torres is twice the player Owen was

If the Yanks are not willing to provide the money then why not sell Kuyt or Voronin to raise the funds for Cisse because he would only cost around £7million (half the price we got him for 1st time)

Then all we need to do is focus on getting Mascherano on a permanant deal

Rafa would have strengthened the defence with Skrtel (is that how you spell it?), who is a very good player from what I have heard and still only 23, Mascherano on a permanant deal and we would have sorted out finding the right partner for Torres with Cisse
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Re: Cisse
      Reply #1: Jan 09, 2008 12:05:03 am
      That would be a total backward step.

Granted he isnt that bad of a player but he lacks any composure whatsoever and there is plenty of better strikers than Cisse out there. I would personally rather sign Defoe who seems to be available.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Jan 09, 2008 12:16:30 am
      Agree with Lazb07 on it being a backward step. But I wouldn't be surprised if he was still here, he would possibly be getting more goals than Voronin...

I think Cisse had his time, he played a part, scored a few goals but now he belongs elsewhere. Don't forget, he wanted to stay with Marseille. He didn't want to return to Liverpool.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3: Jan 09, 2008 12:21:26 am
      That would be a total backward step.

Granted he isnt that bad of a player but he lacks any composure whatsoever and there is plenty of better strikers than Cisse out there. I would personally rather sign Defoe who seems to be available.

All though Defoe is a very good player I reckon Cisse would stll be the better option. I agree with you that he lacks compsure to a degree but he has scored some very good champions league goals this eason and has scored good goals in the french league too.

Defoe does have better compsure but I feel he lacks the flair that Cisse can give (for Example, Super Cup against CSKA Moscow, we were 1-0 down and he came off the bench and scored 2 good goals and got an assist for Luis Garcia) and his sheer pace is enough to create more room for Torres. We all know David Villa would be the best option but by the looks of it the Yanks are not interested in providing enough money for him so why not go after Cisse? and if we fail with Cisse then sign Defe because we have been linked with him in the past and he would probably jump at the chance to sign for us.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #4: Jan 09, 2008 10:13:55 am
      I think that Cisse would be a great option, IF he WANTED to play for us. I also think that we should sell Voronin.

After hearing that City have had an approach for former red Cisse rejected, and apparently saying he wants to return to England I started to think to myself 'what if we re-signed him?'

Liverpool have a First-Option agreement with Marseille over Cisse and I think that re-signing him would be a good idea.

I think its a good idea because I personally believe that he is he perfect partner for Torres

1. They both have electric pace
      2. Cisse has one hell of a shot on him and did score quite alot of goals for us, I believe he got 19 in one season
      3. Kuyt and Voronin couldn't hit a barn door from bloody 2 yards, so why not sell one of them?
      4. Like Torres, Cisse likes to play through the middle and with there pace they would destroy defenses
      5. When Cisse first joined us him and Owen were in hot form during pre season banging in goals from all round the box, and well I think Torres is twice the player Owen was

If the Yanks are not willing to provide the money then why not sell Kuyt or Voronin to raise the funds for Cisse because he would only cost around £7million (half the price we got him for 1st time)

Then all we need to do is focus on getting Mascherano on a permanant deal

Rafa would have strengthened the defence with Skrtel (is that how you spell it?), who is a very good player from what I have heard and still only 23, Mascherano on a permanant deal and we would have sorted out finding the right partner for Torres with Cisse

I disagree that Torres is twice the player that Owen was, he's a superstar but not quite twice the player Owen was.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #5: Jan 09, 2008 02:44:51 pm
      I dont feel Cisse was given a proper chance under Rafa maybe due to him been Houilliers signing before Rafa came in,but id agree it would be a backward step to resign him,we need a better quality striker to play alongside Torres.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Jan 10, 2008 04:27:13 pm
      The thing that pissed me off about Cisse was that instead of wonderin "How many goals will he score this week ?" I found myself thinkin " I wonder what hairstyle he will have this week !?" As for Kuyt and Voronin not bein able to hit a barn door from 2 yards, I recall Cisse missed his fair share of sitters too............
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 11, 2008 10:57:07 pm
      I would rather see Defoe at Anfield than Cisse returning.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Jan 14, 2008 06:56:18 pm
      Sorry chap we are well rid of Cisse, he was the sort of player who cared more about making an immpression with his hairstyles than on the pitch. His attitude stank and he was a bigger sulker than Berbatov, albeit he did have electric pace, but his ball control was worse than an Under 8s and his positional awareness was that of someone lost in a compass shop with a compass. All he can do In my opion
      is run up the middle of the pitch get the ball and whack it as hard as he can, that is about his game and he is unable to adapt to anything other than that. If anyone I would say Defoe because we would be well rid of Vornin as he really doesnt want to be at the club, perhaps we could swap him with spurs and along with the deal swap a yoyo a half packet of extra strong mints and that really rare Kevin Keegan sticker card for my 1977 football player sticker album.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #9: Jan 15, 2008 03:59:16 pm
      Haha seeing this thread title sent me into a fit of laughter. Just his name, and I knew what the thread would be about and what peoples replies would be. As for myself, all I want is goals and he offered them, hit 19 playing out of position and not playing much what more do you want. Fair enough he missed quite a few chances but so do all our other strikers, yes including torres he even misses quite a few but he is still light years ahead of cisse because he is amazing all round. But we will never see cisse back here because rafa just wasnt willing to give him a fair chance and I feel he would have scored more goals than voro and kuyt put together if he was still here.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #10: Jan 17, 2008 02:46:16 am
      Cisse ? See saw ! He's in the past now. He wasnt good while he was here and, thankfully in my opinion, he wont be coming back !
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Jan 17, 2008 02:59:19 am
      ???

Pointless topic.  Rafa wouldn't of sold him & he was constantly left on the bench.

So why would he be brought back?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #12: Mar 21, 2008 10:57:52 am
      From Lfc.tv:

CISSE: I MISS LIVERPOOL

Djibril Cisse has conceded that he is missing life at Liverpool and admits he would relish the opportunity to one day return to play in the Barclays Premier League.
      The France international striker, who made 79 games appearances during a two-year spell with the Reds, has struggled to settle at current club Marseille and has refused to rule out the possibility of moving back to a country where he won both the Champions League and the FA Cup.

"I must confess I miss England because it was really special to play for Liverpool," said Cisse.

"Of course I would like to come back to the Premier League. For the moment I play for Marseille and I have to give 100 per cent.
      "Unfortunately, I broke my leg when I was there and did not have the chance to prove myself," he added, referring to his time at Anfield.

The 26-year-old was renowned for his extrovert nature during his time in L4 and insists he hasn't completely given up on what would be a dramatic return to the red half of Merseyside.

"You never know," he said.

"Things happen so fast and football is unpredictable. I'm not unhappy with Rafa. I just respect his choice. It was his decision (to sell me) and I have to respect that."

Don't think Rafa would be daft enough to re-sign Cisse! Still, since Marseille have been knocked out of the UEFA cup, and this week were knocked out of the French Cup by a team of amateurs (a bit like if we had been knocked out of the FA Cup by Havant and Waterlooville) I'm not surprised he's getting cold feet! Still he scored a couple of crackers recently in the UEFA Cup, BUT missed a complete sitter against the non-league lot. I think he is far too inconsistent to play for us and really hope he won't be back... sorry Djibril!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #13: Mar 21, 2008 12:47:18 pm
      He wont be back he is far too temperamental for Rafa to deal with. His bones are made of glass he thinks he is better than what he is, and he screams out for attention with his amazing hairdoos. Rafa likes the red machine he doesnt like people who rock the boat and believe you me Cisse rocks the boat because of his arrogance and petulant attitude, he is the cog with the bad sproket, and feels he is the superstar. He is the sort of player who needs the arm around the shoulder from the manager saying "dont worry you are the start here son and everyone loves you". Sorry I know he has his fans on here but we were well rid and bringing him back would probably make things worse.
      MissusFernandoTorres
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      • King of Spain
      Reply #14: Mar 21, 2008 01:48:29 pm
      cisse was already yesterday's news
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Mar 21, 2008 01:55:35 pm
      Cisse"s pace upfront with Torres would be lethal, dont think Rafa would have him back tho.
      Would be great to see him back tho. Just dont think it will happen.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: Mar 21, 2008 02:02:34 pm
      For all his faults Cisse did manage to get 19 goals in a season whilst playing a fair bit of it on the right, which is something apart from Torres the rest of our strikers don't seem capable of.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #17: Mar 21, 2008 02:08:18 pm
      For all his faults Cisse did manage to get 19 goals in a season whilst playing a fair bit of it on the right, which is something apart from Torres the rest of our strikers don't seem capable of.

19 Goals aint bad from mostly playing on the right, maybe a swap deal involing Pennant would be a good idea. Dont no what pennants score record for us is, but I no it aint much. And Cisse would jump at the chance to get to L4, even if it means playing most games on the right.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Re: Cisse set for Sunderland
      Reply #18: Aug 20, 2008 01:23:13 pm
      Cisse set for Sunderland
      Marseille agree to loan striker to Black Cats
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_4018572,0.html?&lid=SPORTS_TAB_CISSE_SET_FOR_SUNDERLAND&lpos=TABCONTENT

Marseille have confirmed that there is an 'agreement in principle' for Djibril Cisse to join Sunderland on a season-long loan deal.

Former Liverpool striker Cisse has been strongly linked with a return to the Premier League over the summer.

Bolton Wanderers were mooted as suitors of the France international, but he is now set for a move to the Stadium of Light.

The French club's chairman Pape Diouf has revealed that there is a deal in place for Cisse to spend the season with Roy Keane's side.
      Details to be sorted

"An agreement in principle has been reached between OM and Sunderland for the loan of Djibril Cisse to the English club until the end of the season," Diouf told the club's official website.

"Some details still need to be sorted out ahead of the confirmation of the loan."

Black Cats boss Keane revealed earlier on Wednesday that he was hoping to bring in more new signings within the next 48 hours.

Keane had agreed deals for three players, and was also aiming to land a fourth, with Cisse the first of those set to arrive in the North East.

Cisse has spent the past two years at Marseille after originally joining the club on loan following an injury-hit stint at Liverpool.

Could have a better second spell in the Premiership with Sunderland - he could get them 15 goals.
      Scouse pie
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 10 
      Reply #19: Aug 20, 2008 02:42:35 pm
      Yeah I think it is a clever move by Keane. I think Keane has made quite a few mistakes in the transfer window but this is an astute signing. This morning I read in the Times Newspaper that he was singing David Healy, so I don't know if that is still happening. However Cisse is definately a better player and the combination of him and Jones would certainly keep the defenders on their toes. Both are physically strong and have great pace which is vital in the premiership. 

It certainly be interesting to see if how Cisse performs agaisnt us.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #20: Aug 20, 2008 03:26:23 pm
      The issue with this signing is that it only adds another strong personality with the likes of Diouf and Chimbonda. If things are going right Keane will be having a tough time keeping things under control while not having the urge to boot someone.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #21: Aug 20, 2008 03:43:04 pm
      Bit of a step down, Sunderland will be battling releation for the whole season and I thought he would have wanted to be playing in the European competitions. He left Liverpool and joined his so called 'Boy Hood Club' and now he is looking to leave. IMO he will struggle at Sunderland and regret it, like adammac said there are strong personalities like Diouf and Chimbonda. I think there will be one or 2 clashes on the training ground and in the changing rooms, maybe even on the pitch.

I would'nt have minded if we had re-signed him, him and Nando could have been a great partnership because they are both lightning quick and very powerful.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #22: Aug 25, 2008 01:02:27 am
      Started with a goal.

If he doesn't break a leg again he'll get a solid 15+ for them this year.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #23: Feb 07, 2017 03:10:33 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38891429

Officially retired. Played his good part during Rafa's first two seasons and the two trophies won including scoring the first in the cup final and a penalty in Istanbul...loved his dance as well.

Bit of a bizarre character but I wish him well.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Feb 07, 2017 03:36:46 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38891429

Officially retired. Played his good part during Rafa's first two seasons and the two trophies won including scoring the first in the cup final and a penalty in Istanbul...loved his dance as well.

Bit of a bizarre character but I wish him well.

Not many players come back from 2 broken legs..All the best to him..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #25: Feb 07, 2017 04:53:03 pm
      Not many players come back from 2 broken legs..All the best to him..

Absolutely. That one he suffered against Blackburn was horrific. Hell of an achievement for him to be back a few months later in the Champions League.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Feb 09, 2017 02:46:17 am
      Incredibly unlucky with some serious injuries, but fair play to him always looked to battle back.  All the best for the future, best of luck Dj(ibril) !!! :)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27: Feb 29, 2020 03:36:02 pm
      Classy

Quick Reply