Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Sam Allardyce - West Ham manager

Read 9122 times
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Re: Big Sam Sacked!
      Reply #23: Jan 09, 2008 11:30:52 pm
      The next manager of Newcastle will definately be Donald Ducked  :D :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2008 07:40:50 am
      Come on, the next manager of Newcaslte could well be Donald Duck
      That sounds like a load of quackers to me.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2008 09:55:49 am
      Give it to Shearer just so him and Keane can have a bust up on the touchline during a Sunderland v Newcastle game.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #26: Jan 10, 2008 12:08:49 pm
      Newcastle are a very silly club.  The silliest of clubs.

Sacking a manager so soon, even if he was a complete tool, is yet another idiotic decision taken up there.

I agree with you JD.
      I cannot see any of the good managers taking this job, because the fans will not give anybody time to do there job, and you are talking a good few years just to put them on the right road.
      No chance of Shearer taking this job, maybe in a few years, but not now.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2008 08:59:33 pm
      Wonder what the fickle tw*ts would do when Shearer's in charge though?

If he still loses games are they going to turn on him too? I can see it to be honest, they're all knee jerk tossers up there!
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2008 09:04:54 pm
      Wonder where the old man will end up next!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2008 09:27:32 pm
      Wonder where the old man will end up next!

Should get a job as a stunt double for your Dad! ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #30: Jan 10, 2008 09:37:42 pm
      And he had the audacity to say Rafa didn't deserve his job.

Unlucky you fat tw*t!  Who's going to want you now?  :D :D :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2008 09:49:07 pm

:lmao:

Very true though Court! At least Rafa's got a job too! ::)

I genuinely didn't think that the Newcastle board would be so thick as to sack someone at this point in the season though, even Newcastle!!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2008 09:55:02 pm
      I genuinely didn't think that the Newcastle board would be so thick as to sack someone at this point in the season though, even Newcastle!!!!

The board are just as bad as the fans up there. They are a great match!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #33: Jan 10, 2008 10:04:05 pm
      The board are just as bad as the fans up there. They are a great match!!

Deserve each other! ::)

Still don't know how'd be daft enough to take that job though! They'd need a miracle worker up there! ;)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2008 01:58:25 am

Exactly court, he was only days in his job too, how the hell did he have the audacity to try and question a manager that had two majors to his name.  I have no simpathy for the high chlosteral fat C**t.  He got what he deserved. I for one am glad that he got his marching orders, but I don't understand his thinking when when making such rediculous coments.  At least make yourself known in your profession at the highest level before taking a shot at a very good proven manager. 
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #35: Jan 11, 2008 09:27:16 am
      Ironic really considering not so long back he was critising Rafa about the way he goes about his business. I have no sympathy at all for the fat bastad, reason being is he is one dimensional coach with one dimesional ideas, he tried to play above his station and got flattend by a bigger ego. Another thing is their chairman stands in the stands like he is one with the common man yet he is a boo boy all the same like the rest of that club. I really dont like Newcastle very much their support is a joke in my opion and I would like to think they can be relegated this season.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2008 01:30:20 pm
      Well I'll start by disagreeing with quite a few of the comments above.  I think Newcastle supporters are OK.  They get 50,000+ for every game and sell all their away allocations.  They are vocal and passionate, and given that their team has won FA for 30 odd years, this is quite impressive.  Like me they are from a seaport which has seen better days but is now on the up.

What I am not impressed with is the management of the club which has seen such a well supported team underachieve for so long.  How can you sack a manager when you clearly do not have a replacement lined up.  How stupid is that?

A Geordie fan in the office told me that during the Michael Owens tenure, in which he has played just 26 games, Newcastle has had three different permanent managers.  The next one will be his fourth.  This just about says it all.

The Newcastle fans deserve better, although from a Liverpool point of view, I hope they don't get it.   
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2008 02:48:05 pm
      Well I'll start by disagreeing with quite a few of the comments above.  I think Newcastle supporters are OK.  They get 50,000+ for every game and sell all their away allocations.  They are vocal and passionate, and given that their team has won FA for 30 odd years, this is quite impressive.  Like me they are from a seaport which has seen better days but is now on the up.

What I am not impressed with is the management of the club which has seen such a well supported team underachieve for so long.  How can you sack a manager when you clearly do not have a replacement lined up.  How stupid is that?

A Geordie fan in the office told me that during the Michael Owens tenure, in which he has played just 26 games, Newcastle has had three different permanent managers.  The next one will be his fourth.  This just about says it all.

The Newcastle fans deserve better, although from a Liverpool point of view, I hope they don't get it.   

I will have to disagree with you on some points there oldred. They may get 50,000 every game but I would argue that they have no passion just expectation. If there team does not play well they boo, if the manager makes a substituion they disagree with they boo, if a player of theirs shows a fantastic bit of brilliance without any end product they dont applaud for the trying they boo because he didnt score. For me they are just bitter boo boys with nothing good to say about anything or anyone they have a bad attitude because they over expect too much. But with the lack of time any managers gets in the club what can they expect the guy whoever takes the job is under pressure almost immediately and really doesnt stand a chance to even try and build a decent team. For me they need to be more sporting and support their team through thick and thin, and relize you win some you lose some and when you lost roll ya sleeves up and support a little harder.

In my opion if Harry Redknapp takes that job he is F***ing tw*t he will stand more chance of winning silverwear with Pompey.
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2008 06:58:44 pm
      I would like to see Sam as the new Ireland manager, I think he would do a good job with them, and he has already has had a spell managing an Irish club side in the early 90s.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2008 08:36:25 pm
      Poor sod he should have stayed at Bolton, then again is any manager safe these days from the board? and or indeed the press scrutiny.

Hope him all the best for the future.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #40: Jan 11, 2008 08:47:32 pm
      I think you are being a little unfair Pragmatic.

It's easy for us to take a high moral attitude when even in our 'unsuccessful' years we still won some trophies.

They've won bugger all for thirty years.  It's not a case of you win some you lose some for Newcastle fans, more you lose some and then you lose some more.  I am not surprised that they so frustrated that they are starting to boo bad play / managers.

I don't believe they all boo their team.  We at Liverpool never hear our supporters attendees boo at the end of a game do we?  Glass houses and stones come to mind...

There is a great expectancy at Newcastle but their falling out with Allardyce was not because of results, but because of the mode (I won't call it style because there was nothing stylish about it) of the play and his habit of playing players out of position.  This was why they started chanting 'you don't know what you're doing'.

Let's be honest they haven't had a decent manager for as long as I can remember.  In the recent past I can only think of Bobby Robson and he was well past his sell by date.

I think your venom is misdirected here.  Save it for those more deserving - the scum.

I don't think Allardyce needs our sympathy with the pay off he will have received.  In fact I wonder if this wasn't his plan from the outset.  As has been said it is a poisoned chalice and they were never going to be happy with his long ball game. >:D 
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2008 08:52:01 pm by Oldred »
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #41: Jan 11, 2008 08:49:54 pm

He even had the guts to rule himself out of the England job, should never have F***ing been consiedered.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #42: Jan 11, 2008 09:00:41 pm
      He even had the guts to rule himself out of the England job, should never have F***ing been consiedered.

Who has not been considered? I bet the list is a short 1.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #43: Jan 12, 2008 07:11:49 pm
      they will be queuing up for the job at Newcastle following a 6-0 drubbing to the Urinals
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2008 08:07:21 pm
      I would like to see Sam as the new Ireland manager, I think he would do a good job with them, and he has already has had a spell managing an Irish club side in the early 90s.

I would like to see fat sam in the next big mac advert! :lmao: 
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2008 08:11:38 pm by king kenny »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2008 08:52:49 pm
      Actually - I reckon Gerard Houllier could be on the list you know.

In the frame. Apparently. Heard it here first.

Quick Reply