Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Berbatov (Tottenham)

Read 7481 times
      streety893
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -3 
      • Theres always hope in our hearts
      Re: Berbatov (Tottenham)
      Reply #46: Jan 04, 2008 07:28:28 pm
      I would rather have Aaron lennon than that sulky git
      I think we need better quality on the flanks who can provide torres kuyt and co with better opportunities to score
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Jan 05, 2008 06:10:47 am
      I have a feeling Ronaldo may be approached at any cost by Real. I would write off him being sold either, maybe not now but in a year or 2. Fergie has sold Beckham, Van Nistelrooy in their prime and replaced them with quality (Rooney and Ronaldo)
      og92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts | -3 
      Reply #48: Jan 07, 2008 02:54:33 pm
      Berba is CLASS! He is one of the best strikers in Europe.. If not the WORLD! He cannot match the work rate of Kuyt but his goal scroring record is VERY impressive, also his class can be shown at any moment and that would be more useful than Dirk Kuyts work rate! We need a goal scorer not someone who can just run round all game and not bag himself a goal for all his hard work!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #49: Jan 08, 2008 08:42:56 am
      True og92 but you dont need to spend 25 million to find someone better than Kuyt. I'd prefer someone else, Villa, who just seems to be more interested in playing for a club like us instead of a moany tit who would complain when he isnt chosen.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #50: Jan 08, 2008 04:28:36 pm
      Og92, have a read through the article I posted near the start of this thread. Berbatov has near enough an identical scoring record as Kuyt, so how he's the goalscorer we need is beyond me.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 09, 2008 08:12:31 am
      Og92, have a read through the article I posted near the start of this thread. Berbatov has near enough an identical scoring record as Kuyt, so how he's the goalscorer we need is beyond me.

You're right about the goalscoring eddie, however I feel he makes much better use of the ball than kuyt because he's got a better first touch and can set up others with clever heading ability.

Though I still feel kuyt will get much better from this point on (he cant get any worse), at the moment Berby will be an improvement.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #52: Jan 09, 2008 03:15:36 pm
      The truth is, Kuyt isnt playing in a natural role. His work rate is being used against him to drop back and forget that he is a penalty box striker. He scores/d all of his goals in the box. When he was at Feyenoord, his goal rate better because that is where he played.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #53: Jan 11, 2008 01:43:02 pm
      If he came to Anfield, How long before he decided he would like to be in Spain or Italy plying his trade. Contracts don't seem to be worth much nowadays and his agent will always be unsettleing him for a big cut of the deals, and most of the big clubs in europe would accomodate a player of his class. Bit like Anelka, no passion for any one club. Not Anfield material regardless of his talent.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #54: Jan 13, 2008 04:22:18 pm
      Interestingly, Kuyt may become a much much better player once we get our midfield sorted out. As soon as we bring in real wingbacks who can provide width, or a single brilliant winger, then Dirk will always be forced to drop back and back and back.

Quick Reply