Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Takeover Merry-go Round

Read 596611 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: The Takeover Merry-go Round
      Reply #23: Jan 14, 2008 05:20:01 pm
      As if monday wasn,t bad enough get soaked three times in work then,come home and have this shower of sh*t poured on top.A very sad day to be a red ,I just hope there is a god and he fcks this pair and Parry off IRWT

I don't think Fowler needs the money to do the job... but I'm he knows a few mates that would...
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #24: Jan 14, 2008 05:21:38 pm
      i remember saying wen the yanks took over that it wont be a smart move for liverpool, DIC have the supporter's in mind and i hope and prey they make a bid for us and get us out of the hole that we are in at the mo. the yanks only have one thing on there mind and thats money. forget us supporter's who have been loyal thru the good and bad times. they just want a investment so they can make there pocket grow. the only way out is if DIC takes over us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Jan 14, 2008 05:29:57 pm
      Well it doesn't look like the Yanks are leaving after Tom Pricks (I mean Hicks) had denied reports about them selling up

http://sports.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/14/Premier-League-Hicks-on-takeover-talk/?facets/sport-space/north-america-locale/

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has strongly refuted reports which claimed that both himself and George Gillett could be set to sell the club after just 12 months in control at Anfield.

Reports in Sunday’s newspapers claimed that the two Americans – who on Monday risked the wrath of Reds fans by revealing they held talks with Jürgen Klinsmann in November – could be ready to sell up.

It is claimed that Hicks and Gillett have encountered difficulties in the process of establishing a financial restructuring plan that will transfer £350 million of debt that was run up in their purchase of the club.

With plans for the new stadium also being downgraded recently, former suitors Dubai International Capital have been linked with a possible £500 million takeover of the historic English club.

However, Hicks has denied that the Americans are ready to sell up following problems with repaying their Royal Bank of Scotland loan.

“The speculation in the London tabloids on Sunday morning is more rubbish,” said Hicks in the Liverpool Echo.

“George and I have no interest in meeting with DIC or selling our shares to them.

“We are amazed at how silly rumours find themselves in print in the tabloids.”

It would be great if we could contact the DIC and ask them to come and takeover, surley they have enough money to make an offer the Yanks cant refuse. If things carry on the way there going then I fear that Liverpool Football Club may end up becoming just an average team and losing there name as one of europes elite.

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008 05:53:18 pm by mrtommo »
      AggerDoo
      Reply #26: Jan 14, 2008 05:39:18 pm
      The DIC seem to invest and invest big so i am uncertain about whether i would like them or the americans. Is it that Sheik Mohammed behind the DIC becasue if so he is a very wealthly man.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 14, 2008 06:25:10 pm
      is there any way that we can get a petition going to try and get the yanky out?

ye it is the mohammed guy who is behind the DIC  company.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #28: Jan 14, 2008 06:49:34 pm
      DIC were back sniffing around the reds in October and Hicks and Gillett had offered them 15% of the club for £150 million.

Those two aren't soft are they considering they bought the entire club for £176 million last February.

New word of the day - 'sh*te hawks'.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #29: Jan 14, 2008 07:13:33 pm
      Then how much would H&G be willing to sell the club for in a 100% takeover sale? £1b ?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #30: Jan 14, 2008 08:42:55 pm
      Then how much would H&G be willing to sell the club for in a 100% takeover sale? £1b ?

The DIC were looking to offer up to £500 million so surley that would be enough

is there any way that we can get a petition going to try and get the yanky out?

ye it is the mohammed guy who is behind the DIC  company.

If only there was a way to get a petition going to get them out.   Although do any of you rememeber when the Southampton fans wanted that Rupert Lowe (think thats his name) out?
      They were holding up red cards up at every game and it worked as he resigned soon after. Maybe us REDS should do that
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #31: Jan 14, 2008 09:08:16 pm
      I'd welcome DIC back with open arms after this today! :-\ We're not a club that hangs it's dirty washing in public. THis is the worst possible thing they could have done.

The knock on effect will be brutal. I can see Rafa walking at the end of the season. The players won't feel happy playing under a regime that could sell it's manager's position from under his feet! Players won't want to come and sign for a club ran by sh*t houses! :-\

Pissed off with it! The quicker DIC come back in, the better!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32: Jan 14, 2008 09:31:10 pm
      If the fans want the Yanks out then it is only the fans that can get them out really, the club has to keep the fans happy and in this situation its the Yanks that need to be removed insteasd of the manager, the newcastle fans turned on big sam and he got sacked so if the fans start turning on the Yanks then action will have to be taken and it would also encourage the DIC to come back in if they see the fans are unhappy with the current owners.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #33: Jan 14, 2008 09:34:50 pm
      If the fans want the Yanks out then it is only the fans that can get them out really, the club has to keep the fans happy and in this situation its the Yanks that need to be removed insteasd of the manager, the newcastle fans turned on big sam and he got sacked so if the fans start turning on the Yanks then action will have to be taken and it would also encourage the DIC to come back in if they see the fans are unhappy with the current owners.

Unfortunately 'the fans' are in the weakest position they ever have been.  Without even a small shareholders group then the club don't even need to have those silly 'tea and cakes' AGM's they used to have.

The two US owners are effectively answerable to nobody.  Although I do believe Rick Parry has 'one share' allowing him to sit on the board.  Therefore which of the two owners has the 'minority' shareholding?
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #34: Jan 14, 2008 10:10:04 pm
      I WANT DIC! ;D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #35: Jan 14, 2008 10:12:33 pm
      Unfortunately 'the fans' are in the weakest position they ever have been.  Without even a small shareholders group then the club don't even need to have those silly 'tea and cakes' AGM's they used to have.

The two US owners are effectively answerable to nobody.  Although I do believe Rick Parry has 'one share' allowing him to sit on the board.  Therefore which of the two owners has the 'minority' shareholding?

It's not good is it? I genuinely don't want to end up like Newcastle fans, campaigning for their owner to f*ck off but I'm seriously not happy with these Yanks in charge! >:( I'd love DIC to come back in but can you see them going for it?
      iqships1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 14, 2008 10:27:57 pm
      I am correct in saying that moores backed away when it was reveled that DIC had plans too sell the club in seven years???,
      if DIC do come back in - we must know that they intend to be around for a very long time too come, we cannot become the play
      thing of the world financial markets, it will be end of us as the club we know and love.

by the way i am not saying the Americans are the answer. but we must get it spot on this time
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #37: Jan 14, 2008 10:30:42 pm
      I am correct in saying that moores backed away when it was reveled that DIC had plans too sell the club in seven years???,
      if DIC do come back in - we must know that they intend to be around for a very long time too come, we cannot become the play
      thing of the world financial markets, it will be end of us as the club we know and love.

by the way I am not saying the Americans are the answer. but we must get it spot on this time

Your post makes little sense because the American owners have already looked to sell a large share of the club back to DIC - after only 8 months in charge.  If DIC come in, build us a stadium, buy us players, and restore stability - who really gives a sh*t if they sell us 7 years later?
      iqships1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 14, 2008 10:40:36 pm
      suggest you read it again. surly you do not want us sold like some sort of painting to the highest bidder every
      seven years or so, that does not make sense, I am involved in a world wide company and if we have been around
      for over two hundred years now, it has been to stability of the firm that has made them one on the biggest in their field.

as i said i only want the best for LFC and not some money man. 
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #39: Jan 14, 2008 10:43:06 pm
      these 2 strokers couldn't run a bath, let alone the greatest football (thats football, not soccer) team in the world.  i'd prefer to have dougal out of father ted in charge, rather than those back stabbing cu*ts.
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #40: Jan 14, 2008 10:55:22 pm

They are greedy americans, what can you expect?

If only H&G could all of this stuff we are posting about them. I don't think they realize how much damage they're actually doing. Someone needs to stop them before its too late.

It would be great if we could contact the DIC and ask them to come and takeover, surley they have enough money to make an offer the Yanks cant refuse. If things carry on the way there going then I fear that Liverpool Football Club may end up becoming just an average team and losing there name as one of europes elite.

If we're not careful, thats exactly what will happen.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #41: Jan 15, 2008 12:04:05 am
      Your post makes little sense because the American owners have already looked to sell a large share of the club back to DIC - after only 8 months in charge.  If DIC come in, build us a stadium, buy us players, and restore stability - who really gives a sh*t if they sell us 7 years later?
      I concure 100%

DIC are not in the business of doing quick hits with any assets under their ownership, they simply don't need liquid cash they have mountains of it. Remember that forcast oil revenues have increased three fold over the past six years, oil prices have tripled!! Thats like getting three months money every month. DIC invest the oil wealth of Dubai outside the country, and they are in the process of amassing a potfolio of prime assets across a broad range of investments, sports and media being but two. They are far sighted enough to realize that oil is not going to last forever. As for them selling us in seven or so years I just don't see that, we'd have to be preforming terribly for that to happen, both financially and on the pitch. Anyway its all bollocks cause they haven't bought us yet.

Feet back on the ground now.  Don't underestimate these two Yanks and all that Snogy Doggy sh*te, they are two f***in hard nose stone faced pokers players and LFC are they stake. They have been courting DIC ever since they took control, and they want to maximize their take when, and if they eventually walk away.
      Recently the figure of one billion was muted from Hicks (tongue in check), listen these cheeky bas**rds would hold out for that if they thought they could.
      Everything is now falling into place, they are stage managing the lot stalling on the stadium, stalling on transfers, LFC washing their dirty laundry in public!!, a very public bun fight with our manager, Klinnsman, tonnes and tonnes of daily negative press I could go on and on, wheres it all coming from??
      Enter stage left our white knight the CEO of DIC, and low and behold a life long LFC fan can you see a theme unfolding here??
      Do you Know what I'd love to speak to one of our senior players and find out just how much the motivation of our players has suffered recently, they don't even know if the manager will be with us next week?  I think the managers position has been made untenable after the Klinnsman contract offer, and everybody wonders why our game is suffering!! is starring us in the f***in face.
      Look lads I could rant on and on all night about the up hauling way our beloved club is being treated.

Please Please the powers that be DIC come and rescue us from these two absolute F**k cu*ts, before they desimate our club.
      I beg you!!!!!!!!
      IRWT
      YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2008 12:10:45 am by neilh2105 »
      iqships1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2008 01:19:06 am
      I concure 100%

DIC are not in the business of doing quick hits with any assets under their ownership, they simply don't need liquid cash they have mountains of it. Remember that forcast oil revenues have increased three fold over the past six years, oil prices have tripled!! Thats like getting three months money every month. DIC invest the oil wealth of Dubai outside the country, and they are in the process of amassing a potfolio of prime assets across a broad range of investments, sports and media being but two. They are far sighted enough to realize that oil is not going to last forever. As for them selling us in seven or so years I just don't see that, we'd have to be preforming terribly for that to happen, both financially and on the pitch. Anyway its all bollocks cause they haven't bought us yet.

Feet back on the ground now.  Don't underestimate these two Yanks and all that Snogy Doggy sh*te, they are two f***in hard nose stone faced pokers players and LFC are they stake. They have been courting DIC ever since they took control, and they want to maximize their take when, and if they eventually walk away.
      Recently the figure of one billion was muted from Hicks (tongue in check), listen these cheeky bas**rds would hold out for that if they thought they could.
      Everything is now falling into place, they are stage managing the lot stalling on the stadium, stalling on transfers, LFC washing their dirty laundry in public!!, a very public bun fight with our manager, Klinnsman, tonnes and tonnes of daily negative press I could go on and on, wheres it all coming from??
      Enter stage left our white knight the CEO of DIC, and low and behold a life long LFC fan can you see a theme unfolding here??
      Do you Know what I'd love to speak to one of our senior players and find out just how much the motivation of our players has suffered recently, they don't even know if the manager will be with us next week?  I think the managers position has been made untenable after the Klinnsman contract offer, and everybody wonders why our game is suffering!! is starring us in the f***in face.
      Look lads I could rant on and on all night about the up hauling way our beloved club is being treated.

Please Please the powers that be DIC come and rescue us from these two absolute F**k cu*ts, before they desimate our club.
      I beg you!!!!!!!!
      IRWT
      YNWA

I am not saying that DIC are not the best option, as i am no lovers of the yanks. - all i ask is that whoever takes over
      they are here for the long term, plus off course the funds are available for the stadium etc.

if the yanks are unable to do as promised (and it looks very doubtful) well they must go.

Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2008 01:47:31 am
      WTF happens to Liverpool FC if this goes through? All people see so far is the UPSIDE of a DIC takeover. What about the DOWNSIDE?? Its possible that this will hit them so hard that they don't put money up for new players, that they don't have any resources, that the ass falls out of the barrell of oil price and that this represents for them the equivalent of a credit crunch. Think about it.....better the Devil You Know.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2008 11:05:54 am
      WTF happens to Liverpool FC if this goes through? All people see so far is the UPSIDE of a DIC takeover. What about the DOWNSIDE?? Its possible that this will hit them so hard that they don't put money up for new players, that they don't have any resources, that the ass falls out of the barrell of oil price and that this represents for them the equivalent of a credit crunch. Think about it.....better the Devil You Know.

Have you been to Dubai... do you have the remotest clue of what you are talking about in terms of DIC... they are diversifying all their investments AWAY from oil my friend... to the tune of many, MANY billions upon billions.
      www.dubaiic.com - I mean just look at their investments in infrastructure, real estate and the world of modern technologies - truly awesome (and very VERY rich) businessmen.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2008 04:29:13 pm
      No no no we don't need to endure this misery, I'd reckon the sooner the Yanks abandon ship the better it is for the club. I'd say we don't need to wait till the end of the season to get things moving, it may be a little late then. Get the Yanks out of our sight, get the new owners in and plan for next season's assault and we would have more than enough time to make swift changes to the management of the club and to identiy and acquire new players and let them have sufficient time to train. Oh not forgetting, the Yanks will have to bring Judas with them.

Quick Reply