Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Takeover Merry-go Round

Read 598056 times
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Re: The Takeover Merry-go Round
      Reply #46: Jan 15, 2008 04:40:56 pm
      Have you been to Dubai... do you have the remotest clue of what you are talking about in terms of DIC... they are diversifying all their investments AWAY from oil my friend... to the tune of many, MANY billions upon billions.
      www.dubaiic.com - I mean just look at their investments in infrastructure, real estate and the world of modern technologies - truly awesome (and very VERY rich) businessmen.

Agian "Don" 100% behind your comments. You know ive said it before DIC don't do second best, they are an absolute top rated outfit full stop. Anybody who doubts that do some research.
      lfc_forever
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #47: Jan 15, 2008 04:52:49 pm
      I have to agree with what most people are saying in this thread. but who knows who's gonna own us by the end of the season. The yanks still have to come up with a refinancing deal which will put us in 600 mil in debt and then you have you have parry who sold us out big time just to save his on job. But we can't sit back and let these yanks just laugh at us which is what there doing taking the p**s out of the scouse accent and all that. we need to let them know who this club really belongs to and thats us the fans because without us there would be no liverpool football club. Thats why i have set up an on line petition to let these yanks know that we don't want them here anymore. please sign http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/gs3146
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #48: Jan 15, 2008 04:54:09 pm
      http://www.dubaiic.com/en/portfolio/global-equities-portfolio/global-equities-portfolio.html

Guys this is an impressive list. Goes to show that they are well off in terms of money crisis. I was absolutely stunned to see this.

Don mate, once again, great stuff.
      lfc_forever
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #49: Jan 15, 2008 04:57:18 pm
      the Dubai group make roman abramovich look like a pauper.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #50: Jan 15, 2008 05:03:51 pm
      Their finances are never ending. Definately enough to take over, build a stadium and buy the best 50 players in the world without a loan if Rafa wants.

Any ties with DIC still Don?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: Jan 15, 2008 05:08:33 pm
      Just to make the opinion of Hicks even worse

http://aloadofw**k.com/article.php?id=73950                he is now getting slated by the lower league managers ;D

If only there was someway we could contact the DIC and beg them to take over the club, it would be brilliant. Anyone got any contacts at the DIC in the address book????? ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #52: Jan 15, 2008 05:11:25 pm
      I think that was posted in the match thread. Just goes to show how much everyone thinks of him.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 15, 2008 06:26:32 pm
      Firstly to the person who said they want DIC,  i think that should be left to another forum.

A year ago I was all for the Dubai lot to take over, and to be honest disappointed when a G&H bought us.

The only thing is how can they like Liverpool so much and then publicly try and buy the likes of Arsenal and I believe have been linked with other clubs too?

Whats happened to Morgan, or is this too big for him now?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #54: Jan 15, 2008 06:31:14 pm
      A year ago I was all for the Dubai lot to take over, and to be honest disappointed when a G&H bought us.

The only thing is how can they like Liverpool so much and then publicly try and buy the likes of Arsenal and I believe have been linked with other clubs too?

If they were declined here then it's up to them what they do afterwards. They wanted to invest in a football club and the best available didn't want them! :-\

As I said earlier, I'd welcome them back with open arms mate!

Firstly to the person who said they want DIC,  I think that should be left to another forum.

:lmao:
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #55: Jan 15, 2008 06:42:08 pm
      DIC would be alot better owners than H&G are. They would give us what we want e.g Money for players. Stadium etc. And they would keep quiet while not butting in to club affairs.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #56: Jan 15, 2008 07:12:50 pm
      Rosscoveneyrules.  How do you know they will but out of club affairs.  I have had dealings with people from the far east and can tell you that they will pump money in, but expect instant results.

I wonder if we can take the H&G's Stadium plans? 

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #57: Jan 15, 2008 07:26:09 pm
      People from the far east are true to their word. I have worked with many, many people from their. They have a great nature about them and are easy going. Im sure this would reflect in the ownership of this club IF they were to buy in.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #58: Jan 16, 2008 12:51:42 am
      Another article with no direct source, but it does make interesting reading. I wouldn't be surprised if the yanks have annoyed more than your average red....

Another tiny step towards a new take over?

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premier-league/article3342139.ece

Liverpool debt dispute forces Americans to consider sale

By Nick Harris and Jason Burt
      Published: 16 January 2008

A dispute between Liverpool's American owners and the club's board over whether to laden the club with massive debts has cast fresh doubt over Tom Hicks and George Gillett's future at Anfield as new rumours circulated yesterday that they have agreed a deal to sell up.

One source, a major football financier, claimed last night that Hicks and Gillett had agreed a deal in principle to sell the club, which they co-own, for £350m, and that a process of due diligence was under way.

The potential buyers most consistently linked with Liverpool in recent months are Dubai International Capital, an investment vehicle ultimately controlled by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, one of the world's richest men. DIC came close to buying Liverpool a year ago and are certainly still circling, although the source suggested that a different investor – or partnership – might be behind the £350m bid. A DIC spokeswoman said: "We can only say 'no comment' at this stage."

Insiders at Liverpool denied a deal had been concluded with DIC, or that any due diligence was underway. Equally, both Hicks and the club maintain in private that Hicks, at least, is an unwilling seller, to anyone, at the moment.

However, a senior source at Liverpool told The Independent that "it is difficult to say categorically what is going on" and it is understood there is a growing schism between the board – which is trying to run the club on a day-to-day basis – and the owners.

The source of this rift is money, specifically a divergence of opinion about how Hicks and Gillett will restructure their finances. When they bought Liverpool last year, they paid for the club entirely with borrowed money, in the form of a £270m loan from the Royal Bank of Scotland. Of that, £174.1m was spent on equity, £44.8m on pre-existing debt, and the balance on working capital. The RBS loan is due to be repaid next month.

The Americans' representatives insist they are close to securing a new £350m loan, most of which will clear their first loan, with the rest spent on initial outlay on the proposed new stadium. The businessmen want to put the new debt directly on to Liverpool's books, guaranteed, crucially, against club assets, not their own.

Contrary to reports, the so-called "global credit crunch" has not been a significant factor in delaying a new loan. Rather, according to a well-placed source, "the very significant block" to the Americans' borrowing plans has been the board's opposition to heaping that debt on the club.

When Hicks and Gillett took over, they made much of the fact, referring to events at Manchester United two years beforehand, that theirs would not be a "Glazer-style" takeover, with the club potentially imperilled by debt set against its assets. Now, it seems, that is exactly what they were planning. Neither has spent any of their own cash yet. Unless they guarantee the new loans with their own money – which they may be unwilling or unable to provide – the impasse will continue.

In that sense, a buyer offering them £350m for their 100 per cent stake could well be attractive. It would allow them to repay their £270m RBS loan and walk away with an £80m profit between them after just a year's involvement. Yet as recently as last autumn, they were valuing the club at an extraordinary £1bn, a figure unrelated to financial reality.

Hicks and Gillett's relationship with the board is rapidly becoming as fractious as that with their manager, Rafa Benitez, upon whom they heaped huge embarrassment on Monday when Hicks revealed he had interviewed Jürgen Klinsmann in November as a stand-by candidate for Benitez's job.

"You might be able to make a case that they let Rafa know this had happened," said one exasperated Liverpool source. "But what on earth Hicks thought he would achieve by telling the world is beyond anyone."

Until the Americans have either resolved their financing problems or sold the club, plans for the new stadium, like Benitez's future, will remain up in the air.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #59: Jan 16, 2008 01:13:54 am
      This is not going to go away is it, interesting read though Kenny, the sooner it gets sorted out the better....I could wring Bloody Hicks neck :f_steam:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #60: Jan 16, 2008 01:14:38 am
      I could wring Bloody Hicks neck :f_steam:

Join the queue!!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #61: Jan 16, 2008 01:18:16 am
      Excellent!  Where are the DIC heads now?  ::)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #62: Jan 16, 2008 01:20:25 am

I will.....me and thousands of others eh !!  :f_steam:

Excellent!  Where are the DIC heads now?  ::)

Like it Court......excellent :lmao:
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #63: Jan 16, 2008 12:31:35 pm
      Interesting article Redkenny.  I wonder if it is true or just speculation.  I hope it is true.

This club is rapidly becoming a laughing stock due to the action and broken promises of these two nerds.  They are performing exactly as was predicted but didn't happen with Glazier at United.

I am getting really angry about this situation.  They'll be approaching Allardyce next as a 'back up' option. :f_steam:

This is not going to go away is it, interesting read though Kenny, the sooner it gets sorted out the better....I could wring Bloody Hicks neck :f_steam:

Some people will pay good money to have their necks rung by MsGerrard. ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #64: Jan 16, 2008 12:44:24 pm

Some people will pay good money to have their necks rung by MsGerrard. ;D

:o :o  Get in the queue.....Oldred :lmao:  ;)
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #65: Jan 16, 2008 01:06:33 pm
      I just hope that, if they are gonna take over, DIC do it before Rafa gets the boot....it would be a crying shame to lose an anfield legend !
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #66: Jan 16, 2008 02:00:08 pm

Rosscoveneyrules.  How do you know they will but out of club affairs.  I have had dealings with people from the far east and can tell you that they will pump money in, but expect instant results.

I wonder if we can take the H&G's Stadium plans? 

Far east people are generally conservative and that could be the reason why DIC's due diligence took so long. It could be a way of telling, let me spend a bit more time looking at the potential of the club and if I'm able to be convinced that it is a good investment I'd invest in the club whole heartedly which translates to loyalty. Far east people again, tend to have better understanding and feelings for another human being unlike the Yanks who treats anything and everything as a merchandise which includes the manager and the club while they certainly won't yap as much as the Yanks do but may prefer to carry out all operations and decisions making behind closed doors, unlike the yanks who're so proud of washing their dirty linen in the public.  Yes, Boot, I can certainly agree with you that they expect almost immediate results with the huge amount of money pumped into the club. But, I would also believe that DIC would not be a bottomless pot of gold where huge amount of money will be spent without any limits to it as they certainly have financial gurus behind the scene advising them on their investment and returns. Yes, they are more than capable to spend on the new stadium and has huge outlay for new players but there will still be a limit to that. Yes, the owners have a special passon for the club, which helps in a long way, but it will still be another business venture to them which they would certainly expect to reap profits from  and will not be another expensive passtime hobby to them.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #67: Jan 16, 2008 03:21:51 pm
      A few people seem to be mentioning the far east, which has left me a little confused. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dubai in the middle east? Far east to me means around China & Japan, that neck of the woods.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #68: Jan 16, 2008 03:25:55 pm
      A few people seem to be mentioning the far east, which has left me a little confused. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Dubai in the middle east? Far east to me means around China & Japan, that neck of the woods.

Correct...others have mentioned Saudi's ... when it's actually a huge corp based in the Dubai, United Arab Emirates - not Saudi Arabia...

I tell you a funny DIC investment - they invested in one the worlds largest indoor skiing resorts ...in the middle of the dessert... it's frightening... and a huge success. Just imagine what they would do with Stanley Park if given the power and control (at a price of course).

Quick Reply