Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

The Takeover Merry-go Round

Read 597816 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Re: The Takeover Merry-go Round
      Reply #8809: Oct 05, 2010 05:36:14 pm
      I'm hearing loads off rumors that Broughton will resign on thursday anyone else hear anything ?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #8810: Oct 05, 2010 05:37:17 pm
      Well here starts probably one of the most important two weeks in recent times for us.

Got to say my instinct is to believe what Thommo said. Love the lad and the way he spoke up for us on Soccer Saturday the other day just showed his love for the club and from that I think he'd keep his mouth shut unless he was pretty sure we were getting new owners.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #8811: Oct 05, 2010 05:42:12 pm
      Nah mate it was Dundee International Capital.  :f_tongueincheek:

Yeah they were from Dubai but are skint now from whats been reported on here the last six months. Economic downturn has hit them hard, although Sheikh Al-Makka is said to still be rich but I think he has lost interest.

Still could come back, i know people always say there skint, but the stables they own (and yes the cost is very high, maybe not as high as LFC, but massive eitherway!)

I would be like a walk down memory lane if they came in, but a pleasent one... I some times imagine where we would be if they got the club all those years ago...
      red-machine
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts |
      Reply #8812: Oct 05, 2010 05:45:10 pm
      yep just seen a tweet that has been mentioned on RAWK

knoller2 @mikejefferiesL4 broughton to resign thurs @JimBoardman jim this persson rumour gatherin pace. U heard owt

hope we have been sold!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #8813: Oct 05, 2010 05:47:46 pm
      I'm hearing loads off rumors that Broughton will resign on thursday anyone else hear anything ?
      I'm going to Jump the gun and start the rumour mill! This obviously means that A) We shall have new owners (the bank) by Wednesday, and MB is no longer needed. B) The yanks refinance the loan, and tell him to do one or C) We're sold and the owners bring in their own people.

Or option D, which is more likely, I'm talking out of my arse!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8814: Oct 05, 2010 05:47:59 pm
      Video's at %92
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8815: Oct 05, 2010 05:50:01 pm
      I wouldn't mind Sheikh Yamani taking us over  ;) :f_tongueincheek:
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #8816: Oct 05, 2010 05:51:04 pm
      Well here starts probably one of the most important two weeks in recent times for us.

Got to say my instinct is to believe what Thommo said. Love the lad and the way he spoke up for us on Soccer Saturday the other day just showed his love for the club and from that I think he'd keep his mouth shut unless he was pretty sure we were getting new owners.
      I'm where you are mate. I'm praying for good news over the next couple of weeks, my nerves cant take anymore :-S
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8817: Oct 05, 2010 05:51:12 pm
      I'm going to Jump the gun and start the rumour mill! This obviously means that A) We shall have new owners (the bank) by Wednesday, and MB is no longer needed.

Some fella just told me RBS have taken the club over and MB has been sacked. Pass it on!
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #8818: Oct 05, 2010 05:52:26 pm
      Where are these Broughton resignation rumours coming from?
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #8819: Oct 05, 2010 05:53:35 pm
      Some fella just told me RBS have taken the club over and MB has been sacked. Pass it on!
      How reliable is your source?
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #8820: Oct 05, 2010 05:55:08 pm
      Well, a stray dog, just went wandering past my window. So called up the RSPCA and spoke to to someone, who just happened to be in the know, they got it from a very reliable source (his mums mates son, who has got one of our scouts kids added on his facebook) and he confirmed it. So gospel truth really. Might sell the story to the papers before it breaks actually.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #8821: Oct 05, 2010 05:55:18 pm

I believe he was taking the piss.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8822: Oct 05, 2010 05:56:24 pm

Pretty reliable, but I don't ask questions of a man holding an axe.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8823: Oct 05, 2010 05:57:31 pm
      If Hodgson was given 150 million to spend he would spend 30 million on Carlton Cole and probably 50 million on Zamora, I wouldn't give him peanuts to spend.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8824: Oct 05, 2010 05:58:45 pm
      What did he threaten you with an axe TDI was he some sort of junkie, F**k that surely we need someone more reliable than that.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #8825: Oct 05, 2010 06:00:25 pm
      I believe he was taking the piss.
      I dont know anymore, my nerves are shot to fook! :-)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #8826: Oct 05, 2010 06:01:19 pm
        danroan  Dan Roan
      Have it on good authority RBS will NOT refinance Hicks&Gillett-so LFC are about 2 become state-owned unless TH finds £ elsewhere-we'll see
      1 minute ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Dan Roan
      @danroan London, UK
      Sports Correspondent, BBC News
      http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ContributorID=36573602

http://twitter.com/#!/danroan

Looks like the next few days/weeks are going to get heavy.
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #8827: Oct 05, 2010 06:02:30 pm
      I'm feeling excited and nervous at the same time. However, we heard all the good stuff via twitter about kenny huang, so once again, taken with a pinch of salt.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8828: Oct 05, 2010 06:02:43 pm
      F**k! I've got to go out to karate now, won't be back 'til gone half 10, how the hell will I cope?!

YANKS OUT!!!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8829: Oct 05, 2010 06:03:24 pm
      I'm feeling excited and nervous at the same time. However, we heard all the good stuff via twitter about kenny huang, so once again, taken with a pinch of salt.

BUMP!

Back down to earth...
      RedWilly

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #8830: Oct 05, 2010 06:06:54 pm
      Thought you were going to karate ;) Get outta here with your rumour spreading ways!!
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #8831: Oct 05, 2010 06:12:05 pm
      Not sure about the whole RBS taking over the club or Broughten resigning/getting fired, but I just saw an artcle on soccernet.com that says the refinancing deadline is Oct. 15th.  Here it is in full: 

"Syrian businessman Yahya Kirdi has revealed why he and other investors and potential buyers are avoiding buying Liverpool, as Anfield's board plan an emergency crisis meeting on Wednesday.

• Hodgson plays down bottom three position

Yahya Kirdi

Associated

Yahya Kirdi: Revealed that Hicks and Gillett are at loggerheads with the other three English members of the Liverpool board
      Kirdi revealed that the embattled club needs "millions and millions" spent on making it competitive enough to challenge for trophies, and that a new owner would need the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) to defer most of the £237 million of debt that is owed to the bank. Canada-based Kirdi also disclosed that current co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are in conflict with their English directors in a massive boardroom split.

Liverpool are suffering in the Premier League relegation zone after their worst league start for more than half a century and manager Roy Hodgson is already under heavy fire, despite only having arrived at the club in July.

Kirdi, whose interest in the club was revealed in August only to swiftly ebb away, insisted that potential buyers would want RBS to defer much of the repayment of the loan as a condition of buying the team. "That would allow investment in the team and work on the new stadium to begin," he said, adding that his group shelved plans to acquire Liverpool after failing to agree on a price.

In June the Liverpool board prevented an attempt by Hicks to refinance the £237 million debt, which now stands at around £280 million because of penalty fees, and have since tried to block any new refinancing plans put to the board. Hicks last month failed to secure a refinancing deal with American investment group Blackstone.

"Right now is not the time for me and my group to enter into any negotiations," Kirdi told Bloomberg. "Once everyone is united and there's logic in the price and the overall deal, me and my group will be prepared to return to the table." RBS has set an October 15 deadline on its debt so any possible buyers are running out of time to reach a deal with Barclays Capital, which has been appointed by Gillett and Hicks in April to handle the sale of the club they acquired in 2007.

Kirdi admitted that his refusal to name his backers has provoked some Liverpool supporters into questioning his seriousness as Gillett's son Foster is a known friend of Kirdi. "I'm a serious man," he said. "I'm not playing but my group said they didn't want to go public because we haven't done the deal."

In the meantime, and despite the team itself's horrific league form, all eyes are on the October 15 deadline and the next move of RBS, Hicks and Gillett as Liverpool's uncertain future looks no clearer."

Anybody know anything about this?  I thought the deadline was Oct 6th....

Quick Reply