Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Takeover Merry-go Round

Read 597982 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: The Takeover Merry-go Round
      Reply #8786: Oct 05, 2010 12:27:20 pm
      19th? Bloody hell Corb stop it! We don't need another date added to the list.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #8787: Oct 05, 2010 12:28:15 pm
      Maybe thats because of new owners? well you never know
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8788: Oct 05, 2010 12:29:05 pm
      I F***ing sick to my teeth reading sh*te from Liverpool fans saying we should stop the protests, Hansen said it as well yesterday we should stop the protests and get behind the team.

I don't expect to hear anything tomorrow to be honest I think the 15th or 19th seems more likely, it has just been to quite the last couple of days.

38th. 93rd of Bolembuary. 1,403rd of Govumber.

11th of October.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #8789: Oct 05, 2010 12:33:49 pm
      Think we should have a pool. Dibs on 12pm October the 8th
      LFCexiled
      Reply #8790: Oct 05, 2010 12:36:50 pm
      Think we should have a pool. Dibs on 12pm October the 8th

Already exists here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=32101.msg734619#msg734619

I was overly ambitious and i'm already out. back in.
      « Last Edit: Oct 05, 2010 12:52:49 pm by LFCexiled »
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #8791: Oct 05, 2010 01:55:53 pm
      Anyone else heard Stefan Persson? Worth $22.4billion. Founded H&M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Persson_%28magnate%29

Was supposedly at a game in September. Oh and for people who want to hear Thommo on newstalk the other day...

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/49/monday/4/

Oct 4th, Part 4, 50 mins through.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #8792: Oct 05, 2010 02:02:25 pm

From H&G to H&M...? Sounds like S&M...
      I wouldn't mind being taken over by M&S though, "This is not just a football club. This is Liverpool football club."
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8793: Oct 05, 2010 02:10:46 pm
      The interview starts on 50 minutes, he says he heard a whisper yesterday that something good is happening and might be sorted before the derby it is around 56.20. Says it is from a decent source. Very interesting stuff from a legend.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #8794: Oct 05, 2010 02:57:22 pm
      at 4pm today Hicks and Gillett will be in breach of banking covenants.RBS could then technically call in receivers
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #8795: Oct 05, 2010 02:59:51 pm
      With only one day to go until the dreaded October 6th deadline, many Liverpool fans are waiting in anticipation, wondering indeed what will happen on this dreaded day. Will the RBS recall the debts owed by the club placing them into the unthinkable state of administration? Will the American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett succeed in their aims to finance their loans so they can keep their stranglehold on the club? Or will it simply be a case that nothing will happen at all?

Tomorrow, Wednesday October 6th, The RBS will demand ÂŁ67 million to be paid instantly as part of interest payments owed from the club and it remains to be seem whether Hicks and Gillett have the money at their disposal to pay the bill, or if their current attempts to refinance the loan are ongoing in an attempt to raise this much needed capital.

It is believed that since the American owners took control of the Merseyside club the debts which have mounted up total over ÂŁ350 million. In recent months Hicks and Gillett have made their best attempts to sell the club to the highest bidder in an attempt to not only wipe out the debt at the Anfield club, but maximise their own potential profit in the process.

This need to generate as much profit as possible from their endeavours saw the club on the market for a much higher price than that which all potential buyers were willing to pay, now leaving the only seemingly plausible course of action being  Tom Hicks refinancing the loans in an attempt to raise enough funds to gain sole control of Liverpool Football Club.

Many fans have spoken in their numbers in recent months at their anger at Hicks’ plans, carrying out numerous plans of attack in order to ensure that the American doesn’t achieve his goal. A recent letter to Blackstone investment group on behalf of the Liverpool supports is believed to have played a big part in their rejection of any refinancing deal for Hicks.

However while this victory was definitely a step in the right direction for Liverpool fans, Hicks’ doesn’t seem to have got the message and despite being public enemy number one on Merseyside at the moment, is still looking to find a investment company to support his plans and financially back his business plan to continue ownership of Liverpool for the foreseeable future.

With the Reds situation on the field of plan seemingly as bad as it is off it, sitting in the relegation zone with just 6 points in 7 games after a surprising 2-1 loss at home to newly promoted Blackpool, the short term future of the club for its players, hierarchy and most importantly its fans looks a very difficult one.

If the owners were to refinance on their loans, it would most likely give them enough money purely to continue their ownership rather than placing any extra funds at boss Roy Hodgson’s disposal to help him turn around recent events. How is this possibly the best for the future of Liverpool football club?

It would seem that, as it has for a number of months, Tom Hicks is basically looking out for himself and what’s best for the 63 year, as opposed to what’s best for the Merseyside club. As the dreaded possibilty of relegation looms over the heads of the Anfield faithful, this will no doubt drive them forward once more to take action not only to ensure the future of their club financially but also to give their all to help the club keep their reputation as a big club in the best league in the world.

footballtransfertavern
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #8796: Oct 05, 2010 03:15:27 pm
      Thommo dont you just love the guy.
      SaveLiverpoolFC
      • Banned

• 374 posts | 19 
      Reply #8797: Oct 05, 2010 03:16:57 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Persson_%28magnate%29

Was supposedly at a game in September. Oh and for people who want to hear Thommo on newstalk the other day...

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/49/monday/4/

Oct 4th, Part 4, 50 mins through.

Business wise, I've always found Swedes very good people to deal with. But football isn't business.
      Being chairman of a football club should be a great honour ( unless you're chairman of a shitty club, obviously).

I just hope we don't miss a great opportunity whatever happens with "custodians" genuine or otherwise appearing.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #8798: Oct 05, 2010 03:40:39 pm
      Business wise, I've always found Swedes very good people to deal with.

Plus the benefits of a flat pack stadium!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #8799: Oct 05, 2010 04:16:44 pm
      Or will it simply be a case that nothing will happen at all?

I think that would be the worst scenario for me. Ok, not necessarily on the 6th, that may well pass us by with nothing happening but if we get to November and still nothing, that may be too much for me to handle!
      At least if Hicks found the cash, I'd be fairly confident that a Liverpool fan somewhere in the world would do the honourable thing and assassinate him.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8800: Oct 05, 2010 04:21:27 pm
      Well. Ain't this strange ?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-05/canadian-group-shelves-plan-to-purchase-liverpool-over-valuation-debts.html

A Canada-based Syrian investor says his group shelved plans to acquire Liverpool after failing to agree on a price with the 18-time English soccer champion’s owners and amid uncertainty over its debt.

Yahya Kirdi, who says he’s leading a Gulf-based group, said the club’s three English directors are divided from American co- owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks. In June the board blocked an attempt by Hicks to refinance parent company Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd.’s 237 million-pound ($376 million) debt, which has grown to about 280 million pounds because of penalty fees.

“Right now is not the time for me and my group to enter into any negotiations,” Kirdi said in a telephone interview. “Once everyone is united and there’s logic in the price and the overall deal, me and my group will be prepared to return to the table.”

Most of the debt is owned by Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc and is scheduled to mature later this month. That gives prospective buyers days to reach a deal with Barclays Capital, the adviser appointed by Gillett and Hicks in April to handle the sale. The board plans to meet tomorrow. Hicks said the team, which cost 219 million pounds including debt in 2007, is worth as much as 800 million pounds.

If the club isn’t sold, and RBS doesn’t give the team’s owners an extension, Liverpool may end up being run by the government-owned lender. The bank hasn’t detailed what its plans are should the debt be unpaid when it matures.

Public Interest

Kirdi and Hong Kong-based QSL Sports Ltd. were the only two groups that went public with their interest. Indian conglomerate Sahara said in August it looked at a bid but won’t make an offer for the time being. QSL has also withdrawn.

Kirdi, a one-time pizza-business operator, said he understood why his refusal to name his backers has provoked some Liverpool supporters into questioning his seriousness. Gillett’s son Foster is a friend of Kirdi. One fan website said the Syrian’s interest was “the joke bid.”

“I’m a serious man,” he said. “I’m not playing but my group said they didn’t want to go public because we haven’t done the deal.”

Liverpool, which is in the bottom three of the Premier League after suffering its worst league start for more than half a century, needs “millions and millions” to be spent on rebuilding the team if it’s to start winning titles again, Kirdi said.

Worst Start

He said potential buyers would probably want RBS to defer much of the repayment of the loan as a condition of buying the team.

“That would allow investment in the team and work on the new stadium to begin,” he said.

Soccer is hugely popular in the Middle East. Qatar is bidding to become the region’s first World Cup host in 2022 and Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a member of the Abu Dhabi ruling family, has pumped more than 500 million pounds into Manchester City since buying the team in 2008.

“Football is like drinking water: It’s in the blood in the Gulf,” Kirdi said. “I’m sure if Liverpool was bought by someone from the Middle East they would be like Sheikh Mansour and focus on it 24 hours a day.”

To contact the reporter on this story: Tariq Panja in London at at tpanja@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Christopher Elser at at celser@bloomberg.net

This was Gillett's mate the highly publicised pizza man buyer pumped up by Sky if we all remember.
      Strange this.

Just before the time runs out they suddenly  "withdraw"

This was Gillett's stool pigeon bidder, so that, if any one came in before the bank repossession they could be used to bid up the price.

So you mean you are not even going to buy it cheap off the bank ...  pizza man?

Oh do f**k off Gillett.

None of us came in with the banana boat.

Its all folding folks. Lets hope.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8801: Oct 05, 2010 04:39:52 pm
      So much for having a deal in place. I still reckon that Syrian was just bullshitting because the Yanks asked him to so that they could frustrate Huang and make him not bother, therefore giving the Yanks a bit longer to try and con some other package up to stay in charge.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #8802: Oct 05, 2010 04:42:29 pm
      Well. Ain't this strange ?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-10-05/canadian-group-shelves-plan-to-purchase-liverpool-over-valuation-debts.html

A Canada-based Syrian investor says his group shelved plans to acquire Liverpool after failing to agree on a price with the 18-time English soccer champion’s owners and amid uncertainty over its debt.

Yahya Kirdi, who says he’s leading a Gulf-based group, said the club’s three English directors are divided from American co- owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks. In June the board blocked an attempt by Hicks to refinance parent company Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd.’s 237 million-pound ($376 million) debt, which has grown to about 280 million pounds because of penalty fees.

“Right now is not the time for me and my group to enter into any negotiations,” Kirdi said in a telephone interview. “Once everyone is united and there’s logic in the price and the overall deal, me and my group will be prepared to return to the table.”

Most of the debt is owned by Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc and is scheduled to mature later this month. That gives prospective buyers days to reach a deal with Barclays Capital, the adviser appointed by Gillett and Hicks in April to handle the sale. The board plans to meet tomorrow. Hicks said the team, which cost 219 million pounds including debt in 2007, is worth as much as 800 million pounds.

If the club isn’t sold, and RBS doesn’t give the team’s owners an extension, Liverpool may end up being run by the government-owned lender. The bank hasn’t detailed what its plans are should the debt be unpaid when it matures.

Public Interest

Kirdi and Hong Kong-based QSL Sports Ltd. were the only two groups that went public with their interest. Indian conglomerate Sahara said in August it looked at a bid but won’t make an offer for the time being. QSL has also withdrawn.

Kirdi, a one-time pizza-business operator, said he understood why his refusal to name his backers has provoked some Liverpool supporters into questioning his seriousness. Gillett’s son Foster is a friend of Kirdi. One fan website said the Syrian’s interest was “the joke bid.”

“I’m a serious man,” he said. “I’m not playing but my group said they didn’t want to go public because we haven’t done the deal.”

Liverpool, which is in the bottom three of the Premier League after suffering its worst league start for more than half a century, needs “millions and millions” to be spent on rebuilding the team if it’s to start winning titles again, Kirdi said.

Worst Start

He said potential buyers would probably want RBS to defer much of the repayment of the loan as a condition of buying the team.

“That would allow investment in the team and work on the new stadium to begin,” he said.

Soccer is hugely popular in the Middle East. Qatar is bidding to become the region’s first World Cup host in 2022 and Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a member of the Abu Dhabi ruling family, has pumped more than 500 million pounds into Manchester City since buying the team in 2008.

“Football is like drinking water: It’s in the blood in the Gulf,” Kirdi said. “I’m sure if Liverpool was bought by someone from the Middle East they would be like Sheikh Mansour and focus on it 24 hours a day.”

To contact the reporter on this story: Tariq Panja in London at at tpanja@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Christopher Elser at at celser@bloomberg.net

This was Gillett's mate the highly publicised pizza man buyer pumped up by Sky if we all remember.
      Strange this.

Just before the time runs out they suddenly  "withdraw"

This was Gillett's stool pigeon bidder, so that, if any one came in before the bank repossession they could be used to bid up the price.

So you mean you are not even going to buy it cheap off the bank ...  pizza man?

Oh do f**k off Gillett.

None of us came in with the banana boat.

Its all folding folks. Lets hope.
      The curtain does seem to be coming down on the Hicks pantomime Skip.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #8803: Oct 05, 2010 04:43:03 pm
      They dont have 67Million, this pizza guy is out (was he ever in?) and it looks like their reign at Anfield is coming to a horrendus end for all parties involved... Were in the religation zone with no money, they are being hounded by the banks for money they dont have and their mate Mr Pizza Man has pulled out in a statement that makes us look like idiots, from board level to player...

Still, roll on November...
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #8804: Oct 05, 2010 04:43:40 pm
      Thank god!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #8805: Oct 05, 2010 05:11:59 pm
      Hope this month someone from Middle East takes us and gives Roy(or whoever is there) 150M for January.
      Weren't DIC from Middle East ?!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #8806: Oct 05, 2010 05:18:47 pm
      Hope this month someone from Middle East takes us and gives Roy(or whoever is there) 150M for January.

Nah mate it was Dundee International Capital.  :f_tongueincheek:

Yeah they were from Dubai but are skint now from whats been reported on here the last six months. Economic downturn has hit them hard, although Sheikh Al-Makka is said to still be rich but I think he has lost interest.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #8807: Oct 05, 2010 05:33:19 pm
      DIC is basically Sheikh Mohammad (think horses) I dont think he was to bothered about owning a club so when David Moores messed him about he pulled out. he will not be bidding again   
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8808: Oct 05, 2010 05:34:12 pm

DIC have serious money issues now. The Sheikh, who happens to be related to the City Sheikh (make of that what you will) has probably lost all interest and don't blame him seeing as he was messed about both times he was interested in the club.

Quick Reply