Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

End of an era

Read 96 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      End of an era
      Mar 20, 2024 04:34:05 pm
      You may of heard, through the media, Brittania shut their two Holiday Parks in both Prestatyn, here in North Wales and I believe the centre in Southport, without any prior notice to their staff.

The majority of seasonal staff being employed on a zero hour contract, which was terminated at the end of each season, leaving us to re apply for our jobs the following Spring. Their is little or no work in the winter months.

In my own case I started in 1985, working on the grounds, employed from roughly March until November feeling better in work despite like many of us suffering from anxiety etc. At 70 i do not feel like starting again. I feel sorry for my colleagues of working age, which I try to keep in touch. Making many friends, it is such a pity the centre closed, although it was on a downward spiral. The manner in which the company closed the park, obviously has annoyed the loyal workforce, without a doubt !

Quick Reply