Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

The Pets Thread

Read 134631 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The Pets Thread
      Reply #437: May 28, 2010 03:31:20 pm
      Feel for you BR mate the first few days are awful.  He's at peace now and looking over you as he will always be in your thoughts.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #438: May 28, 2010 06:07:58 pm
      Cheers, debs.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #439: May 28, 2010 06:11:37 pm
      Hope you're okay Eric mate.

As people have said, no more pain for him now.

RIP Mac.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #440: May 28, 2010 06:22:02 pm
      Sorry to hear this BR.
      I had to put my dog to sleep a year ago. We used to nickname him shadow because he followed me everywhere. He was off his food for ages and loosing wieght then we discovered he had cancer. For a couple of weeks, I had him on steroids which worked brilliantly but they were only ever going to be temporary. As he started to go downhill again, I made the decision to have him put down. I was brave until they actually did it then I almost wanted to knock the needle out of her hand and say stop. As he went to sleep, I welled up instantly.
      I truelly believe that it's one of the hardest things to do in life because dogs become a family member but to try to keep him ticking over when he was clearly in pain wouldn't have been right so I know I did the right thing, as you did.
      Personally, I don't think you ever fully get over losing a dog until you get another. Though maybe that's just me.
      RIP Mac.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #441: May 28, 2010 06:31:15 pm
      Got to agree there Rep. My girl had to put her dog to sleep in the past year and it has affected her. Even I get upset when I think of him.

As you said though. It would be unfair to put them through any further pain for your own benefit, so to speak. It's what is best for them. I'd do the same for my dog, Sid, if it came to it, as hard as it would be for me. Get upset just thinking of the notion. 

We're looking on getting a dog ourselves when we move in together. That might help her.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #442: May 28, 2010 07:16:34 pm
      Sorry to hear about Mac Eric.  I was devastated when I lost my dog too.  RIP Mac.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #443: May 28, 2010 07:25:50 pm
      RIP Mac

I never had a dog but I'm sure it's not easy to lose them. Looking it in a positive way, at least you had the pleasure of their companies for years. The only time I "had" a dog it was my ex-gf's dog, I was his favourite (which made her brother sooo jealous ;D), but I never saw the little one again after I broke up with her :-\
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #444: May 28, 2010 07:30:02 pm
      Just seen this.

I'm really sorry Eric. 

R.I.P Mac.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #445: May 28, 2010 07:55:58 pm
      Really appreciated, guys. We knew it was right and that's why we never shirked it. Had him since he was five weeks old and he was always a character. He surely was family. Unfortunately, he had also become the grandfather who soils everything! :D
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #446: May 28, 2010 08:24:01 pm
      BR . sorry  for your loss.  he was a great  looking  dog and has already  been  said, no longer in  pain.
      its one of the hardest  things to  do , but  also one of the kindest.
        all the best  mate.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #447: May 28, 2010 09:38:33 pm
      Thanks, CORNISH. How's Molly doing?
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Reply #448: May 28, 2010 10:01:21 pm
      So sorry to hear Eric, really tough thing to have to do. Iv'e been there myself , mate. I'm on my 3rd pup.
      My Lab is 12 yrs now , doing OK but slowing down a bit now. Hopefully another year or two left in her, but I dread that Day.

RIP Mac - in doggie heaven now, all the belly rubs and bacon he could ever want :)

Thanks, Ozzy, Res & Vicky. Your kindness is appreciated. Res, think nothing of it. No offense taken.

Very strange not having a dog anymore. This is the first time since I was a boy. So many of my daily activities revolved around him and it's strange to not just get up & put pants on to go outside with him. I miss him, but strangely I'm already coming to grips somewhat. I think it's because he wasn't well for so long and I knew this was comng and that it was right. Still doesn't stop me from welling up, of course.

No more dogs for me for a good while.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #449: May 28, 2010 10:51:27 pm
      So sorry to hear Eric, really tough thing to have to do. Iv'e been there myself , mate. I'm on my 3rd pup.
      My Lab is 12 yrs now , doing OK but slowing down a bit now. Hopefully another year or two left in her, but I dread that Day.

RIP Mac - in doggie heaven now, all the belly rubs and bacon he could ever want :)

Cheers, Keith. He'll be biting the angels, too. ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #450: May 29, 2010 12:28:42 am
      Cheers, Keith. He'll be biting the angels, too. ;)

Like owner like pet. ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #451: May 29, 2010 11:19:33 pm

:lmao:

Was gonna say something similar, on the same page there DLS :D

Hope your coping alright BR mate :)

I got an email from mum this morning saying a cat of mine back in Oz, Fes (named after the 70's Show character) had passed away :( No idea why, just found him dead. That's one unfortunate thing with cats on the farm, sometimes happens.

He was a crazy cat, and was often disappeared up in the farm sheds mouse hunting and whatever, so you wouldn't see much of him. Little bit skittish and often wouldn't be up for much of a pet, but the occasional time he was calm enough to just sit with you he was a good little cat. Just a fun cat to have around cos he was so crazy :D So i was saddened to hear that.

RIP Fes.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #452: May 30, 2010 12:54:19 am
      Cheers, Dave. Yeah, I'm good. I'm more of a "celebrate the life" than a "mourn the passing" kind of guy.

RIP Fes. Must have been a good life running around a farm mousing.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #453: May 30, 2010 04:18:07 am
      Just seen this Eric mate and am sorry to.

I got a 9 week beagle pup last week he is adorable but a bit of a nightmare to deal with at the moment, way too energetic for a supposed low energy dog.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #454: May 30, 2010 05:16:07 am
      RIP Fes.

Quality name, though.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #455: May 30, 2010 01:04:34 pm
      Just seen this Eric mate and am sorry to.

I got a 9 week beagle pup last week he is adorable but a bit of a nightmare to deal with at the moment, way too energetic for a supposed low energy dog.

Thanks, Dado. My beagle was anything but low energy. He had tons of energy and needed it run out of him. Good luck with the pup. They're a cool breed.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #456: Jun 05, 2010 06:21:37 pm
      The bulldog has gone to live in Allerton. Four pairs of shoes it ate. One left. My bird has forty pairs and he never had a sniff. Must be my cheesy peas. Miss him a bit but just found my french window door frame chewed to F**k. It wasn't me.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #457: Jun 06, 2010 11:20:13 am
      I have stated in the past that you can buy a spray to stop the little darlings from chewing things it worked wonders for our house and saved us a few quid in shoe's and other stuff.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #458: Jun 06, 2010 01:18:13 pm
      I tried that spray it did more harm than good. It was called CS Cannister.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #459: Jun 09, 2010 03:01:00 pm
      My mates sis had 2 staffy's and couldn't handle them both, so we had bonni about 2 months ago - just under a year old, soft as sh*te, very affectionate and well behaved.

Loves the nylon bones and chews and plays with it for hours, also loves the beach, and one pic of her on her "bed" in the kitchen which we got just for her, 2nd hand ;)

« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2010 09:26:51 pm by redkenny, Reason: Fixed the pics »

Quick Reply