Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Pets Thread

Read 131858 times
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Re: The Pets Thread
      Reply #713: Mar 28, 2012 04:24:15 pm
      why oh why would anyone leave any animal in that state  :mad:

MsG, it's because some people in this world are just sub-human pieces of amphibian sh*t.

Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. I had to put my Black Lab, Harley , to sleep.  She had just turned 14.  I had her since she was 8 weeks old and instantly became my best friend. As I don't have any children of my own, she was and will always be my baby girl.

She was doing pretty good, for her age.  Yeah , she couldn't run anymore and had  a hard time going up the stairs as her hind legs were giving way to old age, but she still had plenty of heart and mind and always a wagging tail.  Last week I took a vacation from work to spend some time at home with her. We had nice warm weather and we would just sit in the grass and I'd rub her ears, she loved that.

Then on Thursday she just stopped eating. Which was very unusual because she basically ate everything , including the furniture  :)   So through the weekend I was cooking her steak, eggs , just to try and get her to eat. She ate very little. On Sunday when I made her some bacon and she only ate like one slice I knew something was seriously wrong.

I took her to the vet on Monday afternoon and was told she had a large tumor in her stomach and kidneys. I knew that the time had come. I took her home Monday night to say goodbye to everyone and stayed up all night with her in from of a nice warm fire, petting her and rubbing her ears.  It was one of the longest yet peaceful nights of my life, but not long enough. I was praying the sun would never come up. But of course it always does.

By Tuesday morning, she had become so weak and couldn't stand up anymore, even though she tried so hard. I carried her to the car and off to the vet . She went to sleep peacefully in my arms as I whispered in her ears for the last time how much I loved her. I'm gonna miss her more than words can say, but at least she's not in pain anymore.

RIP Harley

1998-2012

MsGerrard
      Reply #714: Mar 28, 2012 05:33:56 pm
      Oh LFC Bronx, I'm in floods of tears here I have to say, I know how you must be feeling as will anyone who has lost a beloved pet, my heart goes out to you hun  :hug: she sounds like she had a good life and you did what you could for her at the end.

Just remember all the happy times you had with her.

RIP Harley.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #715: Mar 29, 2012 07:33:05 am
      MsG, it's because some people in this world are just sub-human pieces of amphibian sh*t.

Yesterday was one of the worst days of my life. I had to put my Black Lab, Harley , to sleep.  She had just turned 14.  I had her since she was 8 weeks old and instantly became my best friend. As I don't have any children of my own, she was and will always be my baby girl.

She was doing pretty good, for her age.  Yeah , she couldn't run anymore and had  a hard time going up the stairs as her hind legs were giving way to old age, but she still had plenty of heart and mind and always a wagging tail.  Last week I took a vacation from work to spend some time at home with her. We had nice warm weather and we would just sit in the grass and I'd rub her ears, she loved that.

Then on Thursday she just stopped eating. Which was very unusual because she basically ate everything , including the furniture  :)   So through the weekend I was cooking her steak, eggs , just to try and get her to eat. She ate very little. On Sunday when I made her some bacon and she only ate like one slice I knew something was seriously wrong.

I took her to the vet on Monday afternoon and was told she had a large tumor in her stomach and kidneys. I knew that the time had come. I took her home Monday night to say goodbye to everyone and stayed up all night with her in from of a nice warm fire, petting her and rubbing her ears.  It was one of the longest yet peaceful nights of my life, but not long enough. I was praying the sun would never come up. But of course it always does.

By Tuesday morning, she had become so weak and couldn't stand up anymore, even though she tried so hard. I carried her to the car and off to the vet . She went to sleep peacefully in my arms as I whispered in her ears for the last time how much I loved her. I'm gonna miss her more than words can say, but at least she's not in pain anymore.

RIP Harley

1998-2012

You have my sympathy mate I know what you are going through,2 years ago last December I had to put my mate Harry to sleep,he was not quite 10 years old and he got cancer and broke out with these lousy nodes all over his body.He was an Irish Terrier  ans the best dog ever.A week after we put Harry to sleep I got an Irish Terrier pup from the same breeder and we called him Harry junior,while young Harry will probably never  be the same as old Harry (he is a little sod at times but is getting better with time).
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #716: Mar 29, 2012 02:45:26 pm
      Oh LFC Bronx, I'm in floods of tears here I have to say, I know how you must be feeling as will anyone who has lost a beloved pet, my heart goes out to you hun  :hug: she sounds like she had a good life and you did what you could for her at the end.

Just remember all the happy times you had with her.

RIP Harley.

Thank You so much MsG. Yes she had a great life and gave me more than I could ever ask of her. Tons of wonderful memories.  :)

You have my sympathy mate I know what you are going through,2 years ago last December I had to put my mate Harry to sleep,he was not quite 10 years old and he got cancer and broke out with these lousy nodes all over his body.He was an Irish Terrier  ans the best dog ever.A week after we put Harry to sleep I got an Irish Terrier pup from the same breeder and we called him Harry junior,while young Harry will probably never  be the same as old Harry (he is a little sod at times but is getting better with time).

So sad Harry went as young as he did.   I  feel so blessed that Harley had 14 full years.  Say Hi to Harry Jr for me , mate.
      Thanks Billy
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #717: Mar 29, 2012 03:03:24 pm
      So sorry to hear your sad news Keith it is heartbreaking to lose a much loved pet that has become a part of the family, as with anyone close who passes on remember the good  times and take heart from the fact that she went peacefully with no pain.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #718: Mar 29, 2012 04:34:05 pm
      Sorry to hear this, bronx. Those who've never owned a dog find it difficult to understand how hard it is to say goodbye to them but I'm not one of those people. I've had to take two dogs to be put down in my life and it's like taking one of your kids. The last one had similar problems to Harley so I knew that I was doing the right thing. I stayed with him as they put him down and as the needle went in, I had to fight the urge to shout "stop!" He was still looking at me as his eyes closed. I went into reception to pay and they were faffing about. I got it done as quickly as possible then went outside, still holding his lead and the floogates opened.
      It's a terrible experience but I know I'll eventually do it again because I love dogs and will, at some point own another.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #719: Mar 30, 2012 01:07:30 am
      I had to fight the urge to shout "stop!" He was still looking at me as his eyes closed. I went into reception to pay and they were faffing about. I got it done as quickly as possible then went outside, still holding his lead and the floogates opened.

Yeah, mate . Thats pretty much how it went for me too. 

Came home from work today and for the 1st time in 14 yrs she wasn't there to greet me. I just lost it again.

Thanks Rep

So sorry to hear your sad news Keith it is heartbreaking to lose a much loved pet that has become a part of the family, as with anyone close who passes on remember the good  times and take heart from the fact that she went peacefully with no pain.

Much thanks Stuey , mate. 
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #720: Mar 30, 2012 02:14:20 am
      Sorry to hear your sad news LFCbronx. I had to compose myself after reading your posts. I was sitting at work on my lunch break and tears started flowing. I meant to come back in here earlier to post my sympathies. I love my dog and I can not imagine having to say goodbye to her. 
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #721: Mar 30, 2012 11:37:02 pm
      Sorry to hear your sad news LFCbronx. I had to compose myself after reading your posts. I was sitting at work on my lunch break and tears started flowing. I meant to come back in here earlier to post my sympathies. I love my dog and I can not imagine having to say goodbye to her. 

Thanks FP, dont worry Im sure your pup has a long time to go :)
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #722: Mar 31, 2012 12:05:18 am
      Thanks FP, dont worry Im sure your pup has a long time to go :)

My pup is 13 years old, and she should live to be about 20. So, yes I have a long time with my baby.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #723: Mar 31, 2012 01:09:32 pm
      My pup is 13 years old, and she should live to be about 20. So, yes I have a long time with my baby.

20 sounds about right   :)       Just cherish every day.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #724: Mar 31, 2012 02:45:24 pm

RIP Harley

1998-2012

I know exactly how you feel mate i wasn,t even here to say goodbye to mine but i had got an erie feeling days before and had already said my goodbye  ,my missus still wont talk about him without welling up as only someone who loves their dogs will understand it really is like losing a part of your family ,i am glad you have some fantastic memories as do i of mine.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #725: Apr 01, 2012 12:11:13 am
      LFCbronx I'm really sorry for your loss. I know how you must be feeling and it's so hard to lose a pet that's so close to you and is part of your family. I hope you can find peace in the knowledge that she was loved and given as much as you could possibly give from day one right until the end.

When I went to see my cat, Jessie, for the last time and she had a drip in her paw and was so forlorn and sad looking, she got up and limped to me and had her bravest face on for me because her love for me outweighed the pain she was in. I'll never forget that, and I'll never be able to think of it without crying.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #726: Apr 01, 2012 12:10:10 pm
      Thanks so much  Andy & Gow.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #727: Apr 02, 2012 07:57:05 pm
      So sorry to hear about your Harley, bronx.  It breaks your heart when you lose a beloved friend like that.  Hope you're ok.  At the very least you have your memories of all the good times you had together.

LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #728: Apr 07, 2012 02:44:30 pm
      So sorry to hear about your Harley, bronx.  It breaks your heart when you lose a beloved friend like that.  Hope you're ok.  At the very least you have your memories of all the good times you had together.

Thanks so much.

Went for my court appearance yesterday regarding the stray German Sheppard from last October.  The district attorney has postponed the case. My laywer says it's probably because the cops haven't signed off on the case yet. This basically means the police that arrested me don't want anything to do with it, so the DA has no evidence.  They have 90 days to reschedule or the case is dismissed.

Sandy is doing great , she's completley recovered and living the life a dog should.

Some good news .  The case against me has officially been dropped.   

Turns out the DA wanted the cops to subpeona my vet for the dogs medical records, and the police refused.  Basically telling the DA to fcuk off, do it yourself.  Hahaha. 

Sandy gets to stay.  Yeaaahhhh.

I almost want to take Sandy to the fellas house that started all this and have her take a BIG STEAMY DUMP on his lawn.   :D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #729: Apr 07, 2012 11:59:05 pm
      /Users/guyforgaard/Desktop/DSCN5743.JPG

My dogs at the beach in santa barbara.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #730: May 03, 2012 01:17:35 am
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #731: May 19, 2012 08:57:34 pm

Chester <3 He's getting on a bit now but he's still a big baby
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #732: May 30, 2012 11:18:57 am
      The new addition to the family..

MsGerrard
      Reply #733: May 30, 2012 11:32:52 am
      ^^^ Awwww.........sooooooo cute  :) name?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #734: May 30, 2012 11:37:28 am
      ^^^ Awwww.........sooooooo cute  :) name?

Sasha
      MsGerrard
      Reply #735: May 30, 2012 12:09:32 pm

Young un will be happy with the puppy, what is it?

Quick Reply