Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

The Pets Thread

Read 131543 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: The Pets Thread
      Reply #759: Oct 03, 2013 08:24:29 am

This was my little dog Millie, who passed away at 5am this morning. Poor pooch had cancer at only 5 years old and must have had a horrible last few weeks, wasn't eating at all (and she loved a good grub too), secluded herself from the rest of the family and struggled to put one paw in front of the other. The vet did all they could do to ease her pain and it even seemed like she was picking up last night before i went to bed, she tried to eat some turkey and was wagging her tail like normal and sitting in with us. Woke up this morning for work and my Mum and Dad were there crying. She was only 5 years old, it was so sudden and my life won't be the same without her.
      At the best of times, Millie was the most charismatic and mischievous dog i've ever seen in my life. She was a bit greedy and sometimes rough with her older sister Amy but she brought so much joy to my life and i dont know what to do without her.
        She was a beautiful dog and meant so much to our family, i just felt i had to share.
      I know what you are going through,I had to put my mate Harry to sleep and he was not 10 years old,he was an Irish Terrier and the bestest dog ever.I got an Irish Terrier pup from the same breeder within 2 weeks of Harrys death and we  named this pup Harry junior.Now Harry junior is a totally different dog to old Harry but he keeps us on our toes,he has so much energy but he is still a good mate.Just remember the good times you had with Millie and time is a good healer,all the best mate.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #760: Feb 07, 2014 06:48:51 pm
      Lost my best mate Billybob a couple of weeks ago. He was a Bullmastiff 14 years old despite the breed supposedly living between 7-9 years the old git hung on another 5 years.Their is a huge hole in the house now and it seems very quiet without him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #761: Feb 07, 2014 07:36:32 pm
      Lost my best mate Billybob a couple of weeks ago. He was a Bullmastiff 14 years old despite the breed supposedly living between 7-9 years the old git hung on another 5 years.Their is a huge hole in the house now and it seems very quiet without him.

Sorry to hear that mate. Grew up with dogs myself, from Alsatians to Labradors, ever since I left home though haven't had one. Still think of my best mate Bruno, a black Lab who I grew up with and will never stop missing him, you just can't describe the bond you can have can ya.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #762: Feb 07, 2014 08:58:21 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. 

Can't believe you've lasted a couple of weeks without getting another one, I only managed 2 days when old Zak went.  Just couldn't see how I would overcome the grief of losing him.  Had Oscar 6yrs although he's 11 now, he's a rescue dog and he's aged a lot this last 6 months or so.  I'd hoped we could get another before he went to ease the pain but circumstances haven't been right  :(
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #763: Feb 07, 2014 10:06:02 pm
      Sorry to hear that mate. 

Can't believe you've lasted a couple of weeks without getting another one, I only managed 2 days when old Zak went.  Just couldn't see how I would overcome the grief of losing him.  Had Oscar 6yrs although he's 11 now, he's a rescue dog and he's aged a lot this last 6 months or so.  I'd hoped we could get another before he went to ease the pain but circumstances haven't been right  :(

I only have rescue dogs and have still got my girls Suki and Roxi both german shepherds.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #764: Feb 07, 2014 10:23:21 pm
      I only have rescue dogs and have still got my girls Suki and Roxi both german shepherds.

Awe I bet they're beautiful mate.  They'll be missing him too no doubt.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #765: Feb 07, 2014 10:30:08 pm
      Sad news Walton.
      Never easy to lose a dog.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #766: Feb 07, 2014 10:53:04 pm
      Mine as a pup.

Somethings never change.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #767: Feb 07, 2014 11:08:08 pm
      Sorry to hear that mate. Grew up with dogs myself, from Alsatians to Labradors, ever since I left home though haven't had one. Still think of my best mate Bruno, a black Lab who I grew up with and will never stop missing him, you just can't describe the bond you can have can ya.

Ben was our black lab growing up, loyal as hell, dumb as a post.  Wouldn't come out of his kennel until you made him a bowl of tea. Always served him a sunday dinner and bear the Sunday evening 'sprout farts' that would ensue.  Had to hide his toys while he was being fed or he'd try and chew his squeaky toy whilst eating.  I only heard him growl once, when some weirdo got to close to my sister.  Miss you Benjamin, commiserations to you walt, on your loss.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #768: Feb 07, 2014 11:29:16 pm
      Sorry to hear Walton, my condolences, almost like losing a family member.

Im sure he had a great life with you, mate. Always have the memories
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #769: Feb 07, 2014 11:35:15 pm
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #770: Feb 08, 2014 12:31:06 am
      Sorry to hear Walton. It is never easy losing a pet as they are part of the family.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #771: Feb 08, 2014 06:21:21 am

Get yourself a pup mate, it will never replace your old dog but it will fill a big gap. That is what I did when my old mate Harry died and though young Harry is now 4and a 1/2 years old he has given us plenty of fun and heartaches but I would not swap him. Let us know oif you get another dog.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #772: Feb 08, 2014 10:16:25 am
      Made the hard decision a couple of years ago not to have any more pets because of the emotional attachment, it's still very hard to come home if the home is empty.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,314 posts | 1610 
      Reply #773: Feb 10, 2014 10:31:29 am

Sorry to hear about that mate some people never understand the hole left when a great dog goes because they do become part of your family ,still think of mine almost every day.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #774: Apr 06, 2014 02:09:23 am
      Even my favorite doggie, Charlie is a huge LFC fan!
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #775: Apr 06, 2014 01:19:04 pm
      Here's the fellow mentioned in the omens thread.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #776: Jun 10, 2016 05:37:01 pm
      Our old dog passed away 12 months ago and anyway we have finally got round to getting a new dog.

He is from Bucharest - there is a UK charity called Paws2Rescue and he wasn't very well so we've been waiting for a couple of months for him to make the journey.  Anyway he has been renamed from Hadi to Mike (kids choice) and is about 7 months old.

When we got our first puppy there was just me and the missus, but now with a 4 year old and 1 year old in the house it is technically chaos in our house!

MsGerrard
      Reply #777: Jun 10, 2016 05:58:14 pm
      Aww.... JD Mike is lovely, if he is as nice as your old dog the kids will love him  :gt-happyup: can't believe its a year since he died  :( i'm sure Mike will be very happy after such a journey...all the best.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #778: Jun 10, 2016 08:15:10 pm
      Our old dog passed away 12 months ago and anyway we have finally got round to getting a new dog.

He is from Bucharest - there is a UK charity called Paws2Rescue and he wasn't very well so we've been waiting for a couple of months for him to make the journey.  Anyway he has been renamed from Hadi to Mike (kids choice) and is about 7 months old.

When we got our first puppy there was just me and the missus, but now with a 4 year old and 1 year old in the house it is technically chaos in our house!

Congrats JD on the new addition to the family I'm sure he'll settle in soon enough.  He's a beauty too ;)
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,272 posts | 1435 
      Reply #779: Jun 16, 2016 06:28:26 pm

Great story that mate,dogs are a great addition to family life as you probably know.
      Lost my dog a few years ago after having her for 14 years and trying to convince my better half to let me get another only problem is she is more of a cat lover,keep us posted on how your dog is settling in.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #780: Jun 16, 2016 07:41:22 pm
      Lost my dog a few years ago after having her for 14 years

Yeah. We had our last dog for 13 years and he was my first pet. You do miss them loads.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,248 posts | 2848 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #781: Jun 16, 2016 07:45:52 pm

A house is not a home without a 4 legged friend.

I'm sure he'll be spoit rotten.

Quick Reply