Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

The Pets Thread

Read 131570 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: The Pets Thread
      Reply #782: Jun 16, 2016 08:18:27 pm
      Bobby not quite 2 years old now but came to us as a rescued Puppy Farm dog and weighed just 1.8kg
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #783: Jun 16, 2016 09:22:50 pm
      Bobby not quite 2 years old now but came to us as a rescued Puppy Farm dog and weighed just 1.8kg

Gorgeous dog mate.

I've got a German Shepherd (Barney) who is quickly approaching his 4th birthday...

He's a nightmare at times, but also a huge softy. He loves a good bark from time to time in the garden but it's made worse by the fact that surrounding our garden are other houses who all have dogs :D

What he looked like the night we got him...

What he looks like today...

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #784: Jun 16, 2016 09:40:33 pm
      Gorgeous dog mate.

I've got a German Shepherd (Barney) who is quickly approaching his 4th birthday...

He's a nightmare at times, but also a huge softy. He loves a good bark from time to time in the garden but it's made worse by the fact that surrounding our garden are other houses who all have dogs :D

wow he has filled out nicely my little fella is still a puppy hasn't even started to cock his leg yet.
      I also have two girls
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #785: Jun 16, 2016 09:45:16 pm
      hard to believe these little fellas grow so big
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #786: Jun 16, 2016 10:09:47 pm
      wow he has filled out nicely my little fella is still a puppy hasn't even started to cock his leg yet.
      I also have two girls

He really has. He had an operation to remove a piece of chipped bone in his shoulder a couple of years ago so he still has moments where he's not fully comfortable relying on his front left leg for balance so bends down. What breed are the girls?
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,272 posts | 1435 
      Reply #787: Jun 17, 2016 03:27:55 pm
      Cracking dog mate,my dad has a German Shepard he's 6,fiercely loyal and great around kids.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,272 posts | 1435 
      Reply #788: Jun 17, 2016 03:33:25 pm
      Gorgeous dog mate.

They grow at the rate of knots,and yeah they can be a nightmare at times,my dads German Shepherd is a proper attention seeker ;D.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,272 posts | 1435 
      Reply #789: Jun 17, 2016 03:36:09 pm
      Yeah. We had our last dog for 13 years and he was my first pet. You do miss them loads.
      Totally agree mate,dogs are such an integral part of everyday life,was in bits me when I lost mine.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #790: Jun 17, 2016 03:54:45 pm
      Any of my Facebook friends will know my obsession with dogs. Here are my two:

Aussie Blue Heeler - mum is a Red Heeler and dad a blue.
      image hosting 5mb

Border Collie x Catahoula
      image hosting free no registration
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #791: Jun 17, 2016 05:20:56 pm
      Once we finish off our renovations at home we are looking to get a German Shepard...boys can't wait...

Grandparents had one and I remember the day they had to put her down due to her back & back legs had gone... Like loosing a family member, they had her for 14 years...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #792: Jun 17, 2016 05:35:49 pm
      Once we finish off our renovations at home we are looking to get a German Shepard...boys can't wait...

I wanted a German before we got my Blue Heeler for my birthday. They said it would too high maintenance but in the end we got probably the biggest lunatic in the canine world :D (Wouldn't trade him for the world now, though).

I love German's so much. Amazing dogs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #793: Jun 17, 2016 06:41:35 pm
      He really has. He had an operation to remove a piece of chipped bone in his shoulder a couple of years ago so he still has moments where he's not fully comfortable relying on his front left leg for balance so bends down. What breed are the girls?

a white German Shepherd and a Black one both rescue Dogs both on death row for biting but never had an issue with them and the old girl has been with us now for 9 years ..no such thing as bad dogs just bad owners
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #794: Jun 17, 2016 06:42:44 pm
      Any of my Facebook friends will know my obsession with dogs. Here are my two:

Aussie Blue Heeler - mum is a Red Heeler and dad a blue.
      image hosting 5mb

Border Collie x Catahoula
      image hosting free no registration

ha ha I have seen these before think they are on a Advert for C[t Morgan Rum .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #795: Aug 21, 2016 09:43:58 am
      My Oscar has taken a turn for the worse since Friday.  Not sure how much longer he'll be with us.

He's been slowly deteriating since January, his sight, hearing, his legs but until Friday was still able to have a decent walk and get upstairs.  He's stopped eating, even his favourite treats, and can barely stand up now never mind walk.

He turned 14 last week so he's had a good, long life but no matter how much you prepare yourself it's upsetting knowing he'll be leaving us soon.

There's a pic of him in here somewhere, I'll post it up again when I find it.  Such a beautiful lad, so intelligent and funny and a smile that lights up his face.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #796: Aug 21, 2016 06:03:42 pm
      My Oscar has taken a turn for the worse since Friday.  Not sure how much longer he'll be with us.

He's been slowly deteriating since January, his sight, hearing, his legs but until Friday was still able to have a decent walk and get upstairs.  He's stopped eating, even his favourite treats, and can barely stand up now never mind walk.

He turned 14 last week so he's had a good, long life but no matter how much you prepare yourself it's upsetting knowing he'll be leaving us soon.

There's a pic of him in here somewhere, I'll post it up again when I find it.  Such a beautiful lad, so intelligent and funny and a smile that lights up his face.

its a terrible time and its so hard to know what to do but generally we seem to know instinctively what is best for our friend and family member. Hope he perks up.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #797: Aug 21, 2016 06:58:46 pm
      My three after a hard days playing
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #798: Aug 22, 2016 09:53:46 am
      Just got back from the vets without my beautiful lad.  Absolutely heartbroken that he's gone but worse seeing him miserable and unable to run around   :'(
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #799: Aug 22, 2016 12:24:37 pm
      Just got back from the vets without my beautiful lad.  Absolutely heartbroken that he's gone but worse seeing him miserable and unable to run around   :'(

So sorry Deb I really am but we have to do the right thing for our friends and you did your very best for him.We never forget them.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,314 posts | 1610 
      Reply #800: Aug 22, 2016 12:37:53 pm

Hard day for you Debs , sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest I'm sure you have all the best .
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #801: Aug 22, 2016 01:41:11 pm
      sh*t news that Debs; I'm truly sorry. I've never been a pet person and never had much emotional attachment to an animal but the pup that has been brought into the home, just this week, is starting to change that. I feel your pain.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #802: Aug 22, 2016 02:22:44 pm
      So sorry Deb I really am but we have to do the right thing for our friends and you did your very best for him.We never forget them.

Hard day for you Debs , sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest I'm sure you have all the best .

sh*t news that Debs; I'm truly sorry. I've never been a pet person and never had much emotional attachment to an animal but the pup that has been brought into the home, just this week, is starting to change that. I feel your pain.

Thanks guys.  I'm totally lost without him, Paul's just left for work and the house is so dead and empty.

I'd normally be telling him what our plans for the day are, how we'll fit his evening walk around tonights u23s match and that maybe we'll wait up and go to meet Paul coming out of work at 12.30.  I've already twice gone to call him for tidbits whilst cooking lunch and had to check myself.

Even though I've known for a few weeks that he's been slowing down and his age was showing, seeing how quickly he deteriorated this weekend was so sad.  He was sad, very sad, not interested in a walk or even going out when just last week he was still excited to go and was still managing a good 3 to 4 miles a day.

RiP lad, hope you're having fun somewhere, nose to the ground and marking out your new territory.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #803: Aug 22, 2016 02:26:29 pm
      Wilbur... an 8 week old eating and shitting machine...

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #804: Aug 22, 2016 05:31:41 pm
      Bobby we got as a very poorly pup rescued from a Puppy farm. It took me 8 months before I could think of having another Dog after losing my Bullmastiff.

Quick Reply