Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Pets Thread

Read 131801 times
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Re: The Pets Thread
      Reply #805: Aug 23, 2016 01:13:12 am
      Debs, that brought me to tears. I know he is in a better place. I am sure he knows how much he was loved. It is hard to make the decision, but we have to do what is best for our pets.

My baby girl, Blondie is 17 years old. She is starting to show signs of her age. Have already told myself I can't be selfish, have to do what is best for her. I am not looking forward to that time.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #806: Aug 27, 2016 09:50:46 pm
      Debs, that brought me to tears. I know he is in a better place. I am sure he knows how much he was loved. It is hard to make the decision, but we have to do what is best for our pets.

My baby girl, Blondie is 17 years old. She is starting to show signs of her age. Have already told myself I can't be selfish, have to do what is best for her. I am not looking forward to that time.

Thanks Jen.  I'd known for a couple of weeks but hoped he would pick up but having seen him last weekend we both knew it was time.

We've got somebody coming to do a home check visit on Monday with a view to getting another one so hopefully the house will soon be filled with doggy silliness again soon.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #807: Aug 28, 2016 10:01:32 am
      We've got somebody coming to do a home check visit on Monday with a view to getting another one so hopefully the house will soon be filled with doggy silliness again soon.

Sorry to hear about losing your dog - it is a grim experience but at least most of our pets go out with far more dignity and less suffering than many of us humans are allowed to.  Took me at least a year before I felt ready to get our new rescue dog but then I did have a 1 month old at the time to worry about!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #808: Aug 28, 2016 11:05:22 am
      Sorry to hear about losing your dog - it is a grim experience but at least most of our pets go out with far more dignity and less suffering than many of us humans are allowed to.  Took me at least a year before I felt ready to get our new rescue dog but then I did have a 1 month old at the time to worry about!

Thanks John, that's so true about the experience and the dignity.

It's a strange one about getting another so soon and the circumstances behind when is the right time.  My previous dog who we lost 8 years ago I'd had from a pup and I'd been saying for a couple of years before he died that I would have a break before getting another but I think the shock of losing him so suddenly made my grief so bad I didn't know any other way of getting over it than to get another straight away.  It was definitely the right decision.

Whichever dog selects us to be their new mum and dad is going to have a wonderful, fun filled life and more love and affection than they ever thought possible  ;D
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #809: Jun 04, 2017 02:29:21 am
      I had to make the decision to have my dog, Sienna, put down. She was having multiple seizures in a row.

She was a great and loving dog. I will truly miss her.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #810: Jan 18, 2018 11:14:42 pm
      My dog just had a little scrap with a fox, blood all over her white fur but most of it seemingly the foxes. If any there is some blood on her paw and a cut on her nose.

My dog is a white German Shepherd and she seems to be fine, not crying or wincing but I am unsure whether to take her to the vets or not as she has her annual injections to cover the potential diseases but I am worried we might have missed something.

If someone has had a similar experience before any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #811: Jan 28, 2018 02:33:10 pm
      I had to say goodbye to my baby girl, Blondie. She has been through a lot with me and will be missed. I truly was blessed to have her in my life for the last 18 years. She will always be my baby girl.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #812: Jan 28, 2018 02:37:53 pm
      I had to say goodbye to my baby girl, Blondie. She has been through a lot with me and will be missed. I truly was blessed to have her in my life for the last 18 years. She will always be my baby girl.

Sorry to hear that Jenn - we’re not really a pet family but I know from my brother’s lot how much they can become integral.

That’s a huge chunk of time and must have created some awesome memories. They’ll remain and sustain after the immediate sense of loss subsides.

Look after yourself.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #813: Jan 28, 2018 02:50:53 pm
      Sorry to hear that Jenn - we’re not really a pet family but I know from my brother’s lot how much they can become integral.

That’s a huge chunk of time and must have created some awesome memories. They’ll remain and sustain after the immediate sense of loss subsides.

Look after yourself.

Thank you very much for the message.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #814: Jan 28, 2018 02:57:15 pm
      Thank you very much for the message.

👍
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #815: Jan 28, 2018 03:00:59 pm

Oh so sorry to hear that, being such a soft sh*te i decided about 7 or do years ago i wouldn't have another pet because the emotional bond is very strong, i have almost cracked on numerous occasions though
      lottie1234
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #816: Jun 21, 2018 09:16:09 am
      I have a dog.

A border terrier called Molly
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #817: Sep 15, 2020 12:04:50 pm
      Received a call from the parents last night to tell me that our wee 6 year old Lhasa Apso had  been knocked down. Unfortunately she didn’t make it. Came back to the house today and would usually have been greeted by her like she hadn’t seen me in years but nothing. Horrible feeling to lose a dog but when they are taken from you like that it’s really difficult to deal with.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #818: Sep 15, 2020 04:58:56 pm
      Received a call from the parents last night to tell me that our wee 6 year old Lhasa Apso had  been knocked down. Unfortunately she didn’t make it. Came back to the house today and would usually have been greeted by her like she hadn’t seen me in years but nothing. Horrible feeling to lose a dog but when they are taken from you like that it’s really difficult to deal with.

Feel your pain ConzS, it's absolutely heartbreaking isn't it, I still miss Keisha, our white boxer, she was such joy, I have two cats now and they are my world especially my older one who is 15 years old.
      So sorry she never made it and I hope you find some comfort in knowing she was loved and cherished by you all. Hugs xx
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #819: Sep 16, 2020 08:33:25 am

Acht I'm so sorry mate. We'd all be lost without our wee Lola the Cavachon so can only (very reluctantly) imagine what youre going through........and we've only had her a year.

Look after yourself.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #820: Sep 16, 2020 11:53:48 am
      I have two cats. They turned up on the doorstep one day and kept coming back. I keep them indoors now, cats don't really last very long where I live unfortunately. They are named Woody and Allen and provide endless entertainment with all their territorial battles.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #821: Dec 10, 2021 10:11:56 am
      My eldest dog has been diagnosed with high grade lymphoma.

Nothing the vet can do only steroids to keep her comfortable. She's went downhill over the last week and only a matter of time before we have the decision to make and call the vet again for the unfortunate arrangements.

We've no kids and our dogs are the family so this is going to be a tough one.😢
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #822: Dec 10, 2021 12:56:38 pm

Nothing the vet can do only steroids to keep her comfortable. She's went downhill over the last week and only a matter of time before we have the decision to make and call the vet again for the unfortunate arrangements.

That's so tough for you Si  :( they are such a massive part of the family, just try and enjoy her for as long as you have her and give her loads of love. I feel your pain.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #823: Dec 10, 2021 09:10:36 pm
      That's so tough for you Si  :( they are such a massive part of the family, just try and enjoy her for as long as you have her and give her loads of love. I feel your pain.

Cheers Cas
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #824: Dec 10, 2021 09:38:21 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #825: Dec 11, 2021 10:24:05 am

So sorry mate. Amazing animals.....souls as deep as the ocean
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #826: Dec 11, 2021 12:25:08 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Si. They are everything, they see you through thick and thin. You can always take comfort knowing that you gave them their best lives. A few years ago we had to put our family dog to sleep, a few days before Christmas. It was heartbreaking, and the days leading up to it were really tough. Loyalty, companionship, comfort - it's not easy to come by those traits in everyday life but dogs are able to in abundance.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #827: Dec 11, 2021 12:25:38 pm
      So sorry mate. Amazing animals.....souls as deep as the ocean

Wonderfully put

Quick Reply