Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Pets Thread

Read 131811 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: The Pets Thread
      Reply #828: Dec 11, 2021 12:35:20 pm
      Cheers guys

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #829: Dec 14, 2021 03:31:24 pm
      My eldest dog has been diagnosed with high grade lymphoma.

Nothing the vet can do only steroids to keep her comfortable. She's went downhill over the last week and only a matter of time before we have the decision to make and call the vet again for the unfortunate arrangements.

We've no kids and our dogs are the family so this is going to be a tough one.😢

Oh man, sorry to hear that. We just celebrated one year with our newest family member yesterday. Just like with kids, we can't really remember what life was like without him, even though sometimes he's a pain in our ass making plans and such :D

Sometimes I think it's even harder with pets than people. People often understand mortality, I'm not so sure pets do. :(

Hang in there man.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #830: Dec 14, 2021 03:32:30 pm
      I'm so sorry to hear that Si. They are everything, they see you through thick and thin. You can always take comfort knowing that you gave them their best lives. A few years ago we had to put our family dog to sleep, a few days before Christmas. It was heartbreaking, and the days leading up to it were really tough. Loyalty, companionship, comfort - it's not easy to come by those traits in everyday life but dogs are able to in abundance.

Imagine if humans treated each other like our dogs treat us......
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #831: Dec 22, 2021 07:16:32 pm

Nothing the vet can do only steroids to keep her comfortable. She's went downhill over the last week and only a matter of time before we have the decision to make and call the vet again for the unfortunate arrangements.

Wee Sasha took a turn for the worse on Monday and stopped eating and struggling to breath.

As tough as it was we knew it was time and she was put to sleep yesterday evening.

Utterly heartbroken if I'm honest and it's been a tough couple of days.😢
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #832: Dec 22, 2021 11:49:20 pm
      Wee Sasha took a turn for the worse on Monday and stopped eating and struggling to breath.

As tough as it was we knew it was time and she was put to sleep yesterday evening.

Oh Si, I'm utterly heartbroken for you, thoughts and prayers for Sasha and for you both at this terribly sad time, hold her forever in your heart  :f_brokenheart:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #833: Dec 23, 2021 12:35:14 am

Oh man, sorry to hear. Hang in there. 😢
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #834: Dec 23, 2021 01:00:00 am

Oh Si, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with Sasha and you. We lost ours on the exact same date a few years ago and it was a painful time. But Sasha's spirit will shine on and see you through.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #835: Dec 23, 2021 10:42:13 am

its always tough mate but it is something we can do for the animals we love to not let them suffer any longer than necessary.  You will always have her memory imprinted in your heart and mind.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #836: Dec 23, 2021 12:45:39 pm
      Cheers all
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #837: Dec 23, 2021 12:55:39 pm

Hope you're alright, sorry to hear that.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #838: Dec 23, 2021 01:34:24 pm
      I have a 13 year old White German Shepherd who has been literally on her last legs for about 3 years but reuses to give in and another 7 year old GSD who only two weeks ago had 5 Seizures in an hour they can pull your insides out twist them up and stuff them back in again just with one look.
      We have had 6 rescue Dogs in the last 25 years and its never the right time but unlike my Mother in law who suffered terribly in the last months of her Life we can show our love for them by doing the right thing.
      You reflect on the short time we have with them but I still smile when I thnk back at some of the funny things they do
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #839: Dec 24, 2021 06:54:55 am
      Hope you're alright, sorry to hear that.

Thanks HR.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #840: Dec 21, 2022 09:18:08 am
      Here is my german shepherd Maisie, she is now 5 months and a couple of weeks.

After 13 very happy years we had to say goodbye to Maisie, missing you already and always!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #841: Dec 21, 2022 09:29:59 am
      After 13 very happy years we had to say goodbye to Maisie, missing you already and always!
      Gutted for you mate,dogs really are part of ones family.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #842: Dec 21, 2022 09:33:15 am

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that mate. It's one of the most heartbreaking things to go through.

Cuts deep for me as today is 13 years exactly that we said goodbye to our labrador. She was 12 and a half. I realise that she's now been gone longer than she lived. Yet her spirit loves on and the memories remain as fresh and deep as ever. You can be sure she'll carry you on years from now.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #843: Dec 21, 2022 10:04:45 am
      Gutted for you mate,dogs really are part of ones family.

Yeah, I know the feeling of sorrow will pass but it is one that cuts deep right now.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that mate. It's one of the most heartbreaking things to go through.

Cuts deep for me as today is 13 years exactly that we said goodbye to our labrador. She was 12 and a half. I realise that she's now been gone longer than she lived. Yet her spirit loves on and the memories remain as fresh and deep as ever. You can be sure she'll carry you on years from now.

I appreciate it, sorry for your loss also. Yes, no doubt, I know as long as I live in this house there won't be a day where I am not in the kitchen reminded of her presence, mainly poking her head around for some treats haha.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #844: Dec 21, 2022 10:18:38 am

Feel your pain mate.

This day last year we said goodbye to our Sasha.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #845: Dec 21, 2022 10:29:17 am
      Feel your pain mate.

This day last year we said goodbye to our Sasha.

Thanks mate, it is tough isn't it, non pet owners just cannot understand. But we need to just focus on the joyous moments we shared with our beloved pets and be happy they are no longer in any form of pain! Our poor Maisie's back legs kept going and it got to a point where we just couldn't risk her being alone and it happening, the fear the pain not worth it, now she is at peace and she was happy right till the end.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #846: Dec 21, 2022 11:01:17 am
      Thanks mate, it is tough isn't it, non pet owners just cannot understand. But we need to just focus on the joyous moments we shared with our beloved pets and be happy they are no longer in any form of pain! Our poor Maisie's back legs kept going and it got to a point where we just couldn't risk her being alone and it happening, the fear the pain not worth it, now she is at peace and she was happy right till the end.
      No words will be enough to overcome your deep sadness. All us dog/cat owners will have a lump in Our throats and a tear in Our eye on hearing of your loss.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #847: Dec 21, 2022 11:05:56 am

Sorry for your loss mate.
      Remember this: Maisie made you happy for 13 years. You made her happy for her whole life.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #848: Dec 21, 2022 11:28:15 am
      Thanks for the kind words all, means a lot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #849: Dec 21, 2022 11:37:05 am

Oh no, so sorry 😞.

No words to really soften the blow, that’s a bond that’s not like any other. Keep your head up mate.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #850: Dec 21, 2022 12:21:01 pm
      Very sorry to hear your sad news, losing a pet, is like losing a member of your family, anyway take care.

Quick Reply