Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Pets Thread

Read 131859 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: The Pets Thread
      Reply #391: Mar 29, 2010 12:00:40 am
      Proud of my cat tonight. He's come in for a bit of stick lately. But tonight he was deadly.

EDIT: In other words, he caught a rat and killed it. Then left it as a gift on the pavement in the back yard.

Bless him.
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010 03:13:59 pm by redkenny »
      MsGerrard
      Reply #392: Mar 29, 2010 03:30:45 pm
      Bet your Mum and Sis loved that Kenny  :o
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #393: Mar 29, 2010 07:03:58 pm
      Proud of my cat tonight. He's come in for a bit of stick lately. But tonight he was deadly.

EDIT: In other words, he caught a rat and killed it. Then left it as a gift on the pavement in the back yard.

Bless him.
      You should have sent it back to Old Trafford,
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #394: Apr 02, 2010 10:30:17 am
      Just got another cat (3rd).My 6yold grandson named him Torres (bless him).Unbelievable cat!So gentle with the baby grandchildren (2).Chases me rabbits round the garden and digs up worms and brings them indoors.(might take up fishing)
      Now onto the Rabbits as stated recently got 4.2 girls 2 boys.Been checking for babies as the girls are making nests.
      Yesterday wife decided to "sex" them all.Turns out we've got 4 YES 4 girls FFS.Arthur is now Marther & Benson is Now Mrs Benson.(Q;)Any rabbit lovers out there with any "constructive " advice.Do I get  a male? If so,Does he have to have his own hutch?All this cos we would like to breed a few before having the girls "done".HELP!!!   
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #395: Apr 02, 2010 02:23:53 pm
      Just got another cat (3rd).My 6yold grandson named him Torres (bless him).Unbelievable cat!So gentle with the baby grandchildren (2).Chases me rabbits round the garden and digs up worms and brings them indoors.(might take up fishing)
      Now onto the Rabbits as stated recently got 4.2 girls 2 boys.Been checking for babies as the girls are making nests.
      Yesterday wife decided to "sex" them all.Turns out we've got 4 YES 4 girls FFS.Arthur is now Marther & Benson is Now Mrs Benson.(Q;)Any rabbit lovers out there with any "constructive " advice.Do I get  a male? If so,Does he have to have his own hutch?All this cos we would like to breed a few before having the girls "done".HELP!!!   

:lmao:  We had a few rabbits years ago Joey when we were kids.  We kept the males and females separate, one day, one of the males got out, and my mum was at home by herself, so she runs around the garden, catches the rabbit and just put it in any hutch.  Guess what?  The male rabbit had the time of its life with the females and we ended up with 13 babies  :lmao:  Dead cute though  :D  So in answer to your question, yes, keep the male separate or you could end up with millions of rabbits !!   :D
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #396: Apr 05, 2010 12:11:17 am
      :lmao:  We had a few rabbits years ago Joey when we were kids.  We kept the males and females separate, one day, one of the males got out, and my mum was at home by herself, so she runs around the garden, catches the rabbit and just put it in any hutch.  Guess what?  The male rabbit had the time of its life with the females and we ended up with 13 babies  :lmao:  Dead cute though  :D  So in answer to your question, yes, keep the male separate or you could end up with millions of rabbits !!   :D
      Thanks for that Smigger.Since that post She(the one who shall be obeyed) has been out and got the "boy"(lucky little f***er)His name Pepe & in about 12 weeks time his birthdays are all commin at once.Cheers!!
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #397: Apr 10, 2010 09:28:41 pm
      molly, our rescue collie cross. we ve had her 4 years this summer.we love her to bits and she returns that love many times over.

in the garden last summer.

on top of sheepstor dartmoor last november.

looking through this thread you ve all got lovely animals.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #398: Apr 10, 2010 09:46:02 pm
      Here is my german shepherd Maisie, she is now 5 months and a couple of weeks.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #399: Apr 11, 2010 10:05:11 am
       I've got 2 pics of my dog Bigsby of which I took on my phone so forgive me if the quality is bad

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #400: Apr 11, 2010 03:31:03 pm
      I'm sure Molby ate a massive poo yesterday.

One minute it was on the grass - me and my brother were stopping him from licking it. Then we left him alone for a couple of minutes. It was gone.

Is this normal?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #401: Apr 11, 2010 03:36:36 pm
      A lot of dogs do that Ross, I don't know why, but they just do. That's why I hate it when a dog licks me.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #402: Apr 11, 2010 03:38:09 pm
      Just looked it up - apparently it's common - dogs like pungent smells and pungent smells make them feel hungry...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #403: Apr 11, 2010 03:41:44 pm
      Ross, my dog has eaten his own poo once or twice as well.

Miss the little dirtbag :P
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #404: Apr 11, 2010 03:44:37 pm
      I'm not sure if it was his own though - might have been the cat next door's. Didn't look like his!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #405: Apr 11, 2010 03:51:42 pm
      Think they carry on like that when they're pups mate I know dogs I've had did the same thing when they were younger.
      They soon suss it out that although it may look like a juicy steak there are some subtle differences that they come to recognise.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #406: Apr 11, 2010 06:48:02 pm
      My dog has done this before and recently has eaten 3 Bee's :(, cruel i know oh and she has eaten a glove.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #407: Apr 11, 2010 07:57:27 pm
      My dog has done this before and recently has eaten 3 Bee's :(, cruel i know oh and she has eaten a glove.
      And a partridge in a pear tree.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #408: Apr 11, 2010 09:22:35 pm
      And a partridge in a pear tree.

Nope but she has eaten a pear  :D.
      liverpool_loving_lady
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #409: Apr 13, 2010 01:00:27 pm
      though i would just post a pic of our beloved dog since hes really ill at the moment he had a 10 fits the other night and theres nothing the vet can do as its a brain thing that his breed gets.

his name is laddy and he was my grandads but i tock him on when he passed away.

will put a new pic of Carra up when i get chance hes got massive over the last few months
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #410: Apr 13, 2010 01:08:12 pm
      Awww Laddy's a lovely dog! How's he doing after the fits? Hope it's not a regular thing for him. Digging the pose with Bagpuss and a tambourine!  ;)
      liverpool_loving_lady
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #411: Apr 13, 2010 01:23:42 pm
      he seems a bit better now there funny things sometimes he wont have them for months and then he has a load at once and he cant have any of the medication cos he has a heart murmor to which is another this his breed gets.
      there my little boys toys he likes to comender them ;D

Edit now for new pic of Carra just tock some today so thought i would put one at the end of my post

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2010 08:47:08 pm by liverpool_loving_lady, Reason: adding picture »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #412: Apr 14, 2010 09:44:01 am
      Argh, I want a dog but my family keeps saying no. We live in an apartment so it would have to be a small one, but I'm not a big fan of poodles, yorkshires etc. I was reading about Schipperkes, they look like bigger dogs but in fact they're really small. Maybe I'll convince them now.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images18/SchipperkeRuck1.JPG
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #413: Apr 14, 2010 11:14:26 am
      Meh..schipperkes are ok. If you're looking for a small dog with a little dog's spirit, maybe a terrier breed might suit you better.

Quick Reply