Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

AFC Liverpool

Read 140774 times
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Re: AFC Liverpool
      Reply #92: Sep 17, 2008 11:05:41 am
      No probs Bri, I go to Valerie Park when I can like, as I also have a seasie at Anfield. But I'm on the AFCL forum and know a lot of the lads who go home and away with AFC.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #93: Sep 17, 2008 05:44:42 pm
      No probs Bri, I go to Valerie Park when I can like, as I also have a seasie at Anfield. But I'm on the AFCL forum and know a lot of the lads who go home and away with AFC.

They have a forum and everything thats quality!! Where is the pitch located? 
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #94: Sep 18, 2008 11:25:10 am
      Valerie Park in Prescot. Sharing with Prescot Cables FC, Although we are looking for a place  to have a ground of our own in the city, eventually.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #95: Sep 19, 2008 12:35:08 am
      I'm a lazy b***ard, should get up and have a look at how they're doing, only down the road.

Seen one or two of the updates AFC have had on LFCTV, and the clubs website was printed on the flyers handed out at the Liege game.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #96: Sep 19, 2008 01:49:59 am
      I'm a lazy b***ard, should get up and have a look at how they're doing, only down the road.

Seen one or two of the updates AFC have had on LFCTV, and the clubs website was printed on the flyers handed out at the Liege game.

I've got a few flyers as well from the match and the HJC shop. Been good to see a few fly posters about as well. A bit of history.

Have to admit, I was a bit critical when the notion first kicked off with AFC Liverpool. And I still think it gives a difficult choice if you can't afford the match but you can afford going to support the reserves.

But the most important thing is that it's still all reds together and another option for fans. Especially dads and their sons on a Saturday afternoon.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #97: Oct 22, 2008 12:36:49 pm
      Have they played no games lately? This topic has gone a bit quite lately
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #98: Oct 23, 2008 10:59:14 am
      I'm fairly sure they got a bit of a  beating the other week?

Probably gone quiet because the reserves season has got underway - plus we've been playing our own games thick and fast.

Nobody on here a regular attender at AFC Liverpool who fancies keeping us informed?
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #99: Oct 26, 2008 09:51:43 pm
      they won yesterday 4-1 in the division 1 league trophy at Eccleshall. With a lot of first team regulars out injured. Went there was a good game, they play some boss stuff.

The beating John was a heavy defeat to waterloo dock in the senior cup. a blip really,  their striker, who scored a hat trick, was a bluenose and was well up for it.

They have a website   http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/    where updates can be found if your interested. Visiting it helps the club, and brings it vital revenue. AFC Liverpool currently share a ground with Prescot cables, their only income is what they take through the gate, they get nothing from the money we spend in the clubhouse of a matchday, it all goes to cables.  They now have the next 7 out of 9 matches away from home. with very little income coming in.

The next home AFCL match is on Wednesday November 19th, v Irlam Kick off 1945. If you have any Interest please come along, its a boss place to bring the kids, great atmosphere boss songs and banners. Its £5 for adults and i think £2 for kids.

They are also currently top of the North west counties league, division 1.

Team P GD Pts
      1 AFC Lpool 10 28 27
      2 Wigan RP 14 14 24
      3 Padiham 10 10 20
      4 Cheadle 9 14 19
      As of: 26/10/08
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #100: Oct 26, 2008 09:53:58 pm
      Fixtures and results.     http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/afc-liverpool-fixtures-20082009-season

Sat 9th August H Darwen 3.00pm League W 5-0
      Sat 16 August A Rochdale Town 3.00pm League W 5-4
      Wed 20 August H Irlam 7.45pm League P’poned
      Sat 23 August A Chadderton 3.00pm League W 3-1
      Sat 30 August A Ashton Town 3.00pm League W 3-0
      Sat 6 September H Wigan Robin Park 3.00pm League L 2-1
      Sat 13 September H Oldham Town 3.00pm League W 5-0
      Wed 24 September H Waterloo Dock 7.30pm Senior Cup L 6-1
      Sat 27 September A AFC Blackpool 3.00pm League W 6-3
      Sat 4 October H Daisy Hill 3.00pm League W 4-0
      Sat 11 October A Holker Old Boys 3.00pm Cup W 4-0
      Wed 15 October H Ashton Town 7.45pm League W 4-1
      Sat 18 October A Irlam 3.00pm League W 3-0
      Sat 25 October A Eccleshall 3.00pm Trophy W 4-1
      Sat 1 November A Stone Dominoes 3.00pm League 
      Sat 8 November A New Mills 3.00pm Cup* 
      Sat 15 November A Leek CSOB 3.00pm League 
      Wed 19 November H Irlam 7.45pm League 
      Sat 22 November H Padiham 3.00pm League 
      Sat 29 November A Rochdale Town 3.00pm Trophy* 
      Sat 6 December A Wigan Robin Park 3.00pm League 
      Sat 13 December A Norton United 3.00pm League 
      Sat 20 December H Cheadle Town 3.00pm League 
      Sat 27 December A Bootle 3.00pm League 
      Sat 3 January H Holker Old Boys 3.00pm League 
      Sat 10 January A Darwen 3.00pm League 
      Sat 17 January H AFC Blackpool 3.00pm League 
      Sat 24 January H Leek CSOB 3.00pm League 
      Sat 31 January A Oldham Town 3.00pm League 
      Sat 7 February H Rochdale Town 3.00pm League 
      Sat 14 February H Eccleshall 3.00pm League 
      Sat 21 February A Cheadle Town 3.00pm League 
      Sat 28 February H Daisy Hill 3.00pm League 
      Sat 7 March A Padiham 3.00pm League 
      Sat 21 March H Norton United 3.00pm League 
      Sat 28 March A Daisy Hill 3.00pm League 
      Sat 4 April A Eccleshall 3.00pm League 
      Mon 13 April H Bootle 3.00pm League 
      Sat 18 April H Stone Dominoes 3.00pm League 
      Sat 25 April A Holker Old Boys 3.00pm League 
      Sat 2 May H Chadderton 3.00pm League
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #101: Oct 26, 2008 09:55:20 pm
      Link to the news page of the AFC Liverpool Official site  http://afcliverpool.org.uk/go/news-1st-team
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #102: Oct 26, 2008 10:07:50 pm
      I've got a few flyers as well from the match and the HJC shop. Been good to see a few fly posters about as well. A bit of history.

Have to admit, I was a bit critical when the notion first kicked off with AFC Liverpool. And I still think it gives a difficult choice if you can't afford the match but you can afford going to support the reserves.

But the most important thing is that it's still all reds together and another option for fans. Especially dads and their sons on a Saturday afternoon.

Beilive me Kenny mate,  I was as cynical as you were about them to begin with, but I've been to qute a few home and away matches now and its quality, the most refreshing thing is seeing loads of kids there, often they start songs and we all back them up. already in that league we are known for our passionate large attendances and away support.  how much we sing, & how many banners we display. One fella called tommy is a flag making machine.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #103: Oct 26, 2008 10:33:44 pm
      Cracking stuff.  Flag-making machine indeed.  I'll pop down that Irlam game.

Might have been a better idea if they had decided to take the takings and let Cables have the gate?!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #104: Oct 26, 2008 10:39:17 pm
      Yeah, just the one or two flags Tommy makes isn't it.  ;) Quality stuff!

It's very encouraging to hear about the support mate and it's good to hear you were as cynical as I was.  :D

I'll be making a trip to a game soon for sure!
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #105: Oct 26, 2008 11:00:58 pm
      Jari, wouldn't say I'm a flag making machine mate!. ;D

Anyone that has reservations should come along and see the lads in action. Like everybody I was sceptical when the idea was first doing the rounds. I had been a season ticket holder at Anfield for over 20 years and due to mounting debts in excess of £20,000 from following the team all over europe over the years I had to call it a day, I was simply lost to the modern game, so prior to last season after Athens with a heavy heart I took the decision to stop going and my cousin took my season ticket on.

So why AFC Liverpool?

Other non league teams exist but you can't generate a false passion inside, AFC Liverpool is about teaching the youngsters about the values of being a red but who can't be at Anfield either because they are priced out or can't get the tickets. The support we have is a wide spectrum, youngsters, families, women, old road-enders who have been there and done it and followed the club all around the world who we call the 'old farts'. A lot of faces well known from the past are there including the lads who still follow LFC everywhere and when LFC don't play will be cheering on AFC The irregulars, Huyton fatties amongst many others. Lads who came back from Madrid on Friday, were at Eccleshall yesterday such is the passion for everything Liverpool.
      It is a superb atmosphere, something that is sadly lacking at most grounds these days and everywhere we go we are made welcome by our hosts. Although attendances have suffered this season in which every home game the weather has been awful and has affected the gate and away from home nobody in the vodkat league can match our following.
      On the pitch the team are playing superb passing and attacking football which is a throwback to Liverpool teams of yesteryear. The commitment and passion on the pitch matches that of the supporters off it.
      Top of the league with a 4 point margin (and 4 games in hand on 2nd place Wigan RP), progression in the vodkat divisional cup yesterday with a 4-1 away win at Eccleshall, we are already in the next round of the vodkat league cup in which we play opposition from the division above us in New Mills FC a week saturday in the peak district.
      I have been given a chance to carry on with me footy going exploits in the shape of AFC Liverpool, not merely confined to the TV, I have missed only AFC Blackpool away as I was on holiday, the venues and towns we visit may be smaller but the passion, dedication and commitment we display is just as much as the love we have for LFC.

LFC/AFCL - Two clubs, one love
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #106: Oct 26, 2008 11:05:09 pm
      Yeah, just the one or two flags Tommy makes isn't it.  ;) Quality stuff!

It's very encouraging to hear about the support mate and it's good to hear you were as cynical as I was.  :D

I'll be making a trip to a game soon for sure!

By the time the Irlam game comes we'll have an even greater collection. We treat every game as if it's a european cup game!.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #107: Oct 26, 2008 11:12:16 pm
      The infamous irregulars banner at our away game in Ashton and the player in the middle is Ian Johnson who is LFC legend Ronnie Moran's grandson.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #108: Oct 26, 2008 11:22:34 pm

Anyone that has reservations should come along and see the lads in action. Like everybody I was sceptical when the idea was first doing the rounds. I had been a season ticket holder at Anfield for over 20 years and due to mounting debts in excess of £20,000 from following the team all over europe over the years I had to call it a day, I was simply lost to the modern game, so prior to last season after Athens with a heavy heart I took the decision to stop going and my cousin took my season ticket on.

LFC/AFCL - Two clubs, one love

That must have been really hard for you to give up your season ticket after 20 odd years..............I gave my season ticket up to and regretted it ever since.

Good Luck to you Samdoddsred, and good luck to AFC Liverpool as well
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #109: Oct 26, 2008 11:34:08 pm
      I regretted it and found myself at a loss at what to do of a weekend. Even last week all the lads I used to drink with in The Sandon and going the games with for the last 15 years were all off to madrid, I do miss the european away games, I'd be lying if I said otherwise. But at least AFC Liverpool means that I can afford to still watch live footy. We provide cheap coach travel to away games and a fiver on average to get in the ground, affordable football it deffo is!. Kingjari was on our coach yesterday (although he may not remember aye Jonesy!) and it's all about having a great laugh whilst loving everything Liverpool.
      It cost me and me wife £140 for 2 season tickets!. One of me mates paid £15 for his 13 year old son for his season ticket, it works out at 70p a game!. 

At a recent game against Holker Old Boys we paid homage to Crazy Horse at his memorial statue in his place of birth Barrow.

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2008 11:44:09 pm by samdoddsred »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #110: Oct 26, 2008 11:46:52 pm
      Good to see you posting here samdoddsred! And thanks for the pic mate - good to see Ian Johnson's still got a full head of hair eh.

Looking forward to seeing the greater collection of flags and banners!

Superb pic with Crazy Horse' memorial statue!
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      Reply #111: Oct 26, 2008 11:51:19 pm
      Don't listen to Tommy he IS a flag making machine :), he's made some boss ones. As have the others. Well said there Tommy. 

I was pretty drunk aye, and a bit of a blert really. So Apologies.  Still AFC Liverpool is class Id recommend it to anyone. Give it a go.

Two clubs, one love is right.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #112: Oct 26, 2008 11:55:00 pm
      Bit of a blert eh? Can't you take your ale Kingjari?  ;)
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #113: Oct 26, 2008 11:58:56 pm
      Don't listen to Tommy he IS a flag making machine :), he's made some boss ones. As have the others. Well said there Tommy. 

I was pretty drunk aye, and a bit of a blert really. So Apologies.  Still AFC Liverpool is class Id recommend it to anyone. Give it a go.

Two clubs, one love is right.

We all have our off nights mate and some ale got drunk though yesterday mate, pity some of you lot decided to go for the 'hospitality boxes' and go all posh on us after half time!. Can't believe you were all singing out of the clubhouse windows during the second half, go knows what the Eccleshall officials made of it!
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #114: Oct 27, 2008 12:00:53 am
      Bit of a blert eh? Can't you take your ale Kingjari?  ;)

It was the quantity he drank redkenny!. (including some I passed to him on the coach!)

Quick Reply