Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

AFC Liverpool

Read 140236 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: LIVER-REDS FC the next FCUM or AFC Wimbledon?
      Reply #23: Feb 27, 2008 07:32:15 pm
      Listen to this right now

http://www.whatson.com/citytalk/
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #24: Feb 27, 2008 07:37:41 pm
      Application for AFC Liverpool has been made to the FA.

They expect 2k supporters week in week out, as a sister club to LFC.

Will attract the best youth that has not made it yet.

Will become a step 7 league club in the North West Division 2 league.

Application to FA approval still pending.

Set up for people who cannot afford to get to Anfield and want to be part of LFC, particularly older fans that want to feel part of the club.

Have received loads of help from other clubs like AFC Wimbledon who had to start-up, but it is not a break away club unlike the MK Dons stolen club/tragedy.

100% Fans owned.

Loads of interest... particularly if it becomes a feeder club to LFC in a lower league.

Sounds brilliant to me... particularly that it's 100% fans owned...
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #25: Feb 27, 2008 07:39:19 pm
      Why the hell are we doing this?

The media hasn't been on us as bad as they were recently and the DIC 50% buy out looks promising.

Let them do an AFC Liverpool.  There's only one Liverpool Football Club though.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #26: Feb 27, 2008 07:43:34 pm
      Why the hell are we doing this?

The media hasn't been on us as bad as they were recently and the DIC 50% buy out looks promising.

Let them do an AFC Liverpool.  There's only one Liverpool Football Club though.

Court mate, loads of people can't afford to get to Anfield.

A local feeder sister club that is still part of the LFC set-up and fans-owned sounds brilliant to me.

There will a hell of be a social scene based around LFC to boot, at a fraction of the price of the LFC hospitality... what can be wrong with this?

The less fortunate LOCAL supporters would still feel part of the club at a fraction of the expense to those of us who are more fortunate.

Truly brilliant idea... watch that quality youth come through, and watch AFC Liverpool rocket through the semi-pro leagues.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #27: Feb 27, 2008 07:45:59 pm
      Court mate, loads of people can't afford to get to Anfield.

A local feeder sister club that is still part of the LFC set-up and fans-owned sounds brilliant to me.

There will a hell of be a social scene based around LFC to boot, at a fraction of the price of the LFC hospitality... what can be wrong with this?

The less fortunate LOCAL supporters would still feel part of the club at a fraction of the expense to those of us who are more fortunate.

Truly brilliant idea... watch that quality youth come through, and watch AFC Liverpool rocket through the semi-pro leagues.

When you put it like that.  It's swayed my opinion completely.  Giving our youth a go in there would be fantastic.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #28: Feb 27, 2008 07:58:38 pm
      When you put it like that.  It's swayed my opinion completely.  Giving our youth a go in there would be fantastic.

The local cream would still get to the top, but at least this way, they are given a chance to shine.

Not all will make it, but maybe the next Carra's and SG's will come through from the likes of an AFC Liverpool.

So many kids don't want to risk a career opting away from footy... this way, they can still hold down a full-time job or studies for a while... and some will give a career a second chance as their talent and advisors will lift them through to the LFC reserves ...and from there the sky is the limit.

Great local talent catchment idea, great local community footy idea, great local social scene based around LFC... particularly for those who can't afford either the footy or the social scene at Anfield.

It's a WIN WIN WIN idea.

I really hope the FA accept the application.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #29: Feb 28, 2008 10:30:50 am
      Shocked nobody gives a flying toss about this thread... tremendous idea thinking purely about locals and the less fortunate.

If anybody ever talks about OOTs and WOOLs not really caring again... I will push this thread up their pipeholes.

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #30: Feb 28, 2008 02:10:08 pm
      If we ever make bid to start over with fans it means we have failed and the yanks will not relinquish their hold on LFC.Todays supporters have very little say on the clubs at the top end of the EPL the only thing we have any power over is that of buying goods and staying away from games because that hits home,no profit,no point.If ever we come to that it will mean Hicks failings at understanding the fans is the only way he will lose this struggle but I do not think he's that stupid it would be like cutting his nose off to spite his face and way before we go down that road he'll sell.

DIC have not commented on anything and that gives me hope that their is some truth in the meetings between Hicks and DIC so maybe it's not so bad as it feels and there is some light at the end of the tunnel.As for Parry he seems to be a marked man whatever happens but what I really want to know is why did Moores switch sides at the last minute when selling the club,he took years looking for the right people to take over and we ended up with the biggest liars in our history so how could a man with the best of intentions get it so wrong....
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #31: Feb 28, 2008 02:57:26 pm
      I really want to know is why did Moores switch sides at the last minute when selling the club,he took years looking for the right people to take over and we ended up with the biggest liars in our history so how could a man with the best of intentions get it so wrong....
      Simple! 8m quid turned his head, That why we haven't heard a word from our esteemed "honorary chairman"
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #32: Feb 28, 2008 03:35:59 pm
      I'm just surprised there is so much little activity in this thread Don.  It's an excellent idea.

Any deadline set for the FA to consider the proposal?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #33: Feb 28, 2008 03:44:24 pm
      What I really want to know is why did Moores switch sides at the last minute when selling the club,he took years looking for the right people to take over and we ended up with the biggest liars in our history so how could a man with the best of intentions get it so wrong....

Right this is THE diamond question of this whole sale saga/fiasco...

Moores family is NOT "legaly bound" to sell to highest bidder as this was a PRIVATE transaction between the Moores family and G&H brokered by Parry... so all that we were fed about "legally bound" stuff is total bollocks coming probably from Parry.

GBP 8M differential is true - but also the structure of the funding for working capital and the under-estimation of the stadium budgets (later proved to be VERY true) were mentioned by DIC when they said they would not pay over the odds for LFC.

Therefore you may start to think cynically - what could have happened?

Moores family are multi-millionaires in there own right and would NOT be swayed by GBP 8M for the love of their life LFC - I don't really think so.

So the finger starts turning towards, yes you've guessed it, pubes head himself, Mr Rick Parry...

Would Parry be interested in the extra GBP 8M, as he personally brokered a deal with Moores for commission for the bid as he acted as deal liason manager? - probably YES.

Would have Parry rushed through an offer from Gillet and lastminute.com financing saviour Hicks (to make up the numbers) in order to ensure he would still be in a CEO job at the club... and get higher commission to boot? - probably YES.

Would Parry innocently ignore short-comings in stadium budgets, financing, credit-crunch warning (interest rates having been creeping up steadily for over a year now in the global markets) in order to get the G&H deal through - probably YES.

Would Parry manipulate and deflect, in the early days of this saga (later taken over by Mr Hicks himself), media attention away from the procurement and financing fiasco, via a silent non-supportive campaign, to get Rafa Benitez ousted and a new man in? - probably YES.

Would Parry probably take a second secret (Bermuda bound) set of commissions from Hicks on a second (theoretical) profitable deal between Hicks and DIC, knowing he would be out of a job with DIC the second after such as deal?  - probably YES.

I think i'll (probably) rest my case.

Mr Moores you put the destiny of your/our beloved club in the wrong hands - Not Gillett and Hicks --- but in pubes head RICK PARRY the man who soon will be looking for a job again within Soho Square or the EPL which he founded. To call you naive would be an understatement.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #34: Feb 29, 2008 10:12:33 pm
      Just read my last post...seeing you are not interested in AFC Liverpool....
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #35: Mar 01, 2008 05:28:46 pm
      JUST RECEIVED THIS.... NOT SURE THEY CAN DO THIS.

I DON'T THINK THEY HAVE RECEIVED APPROVAL FROM THE FA YET... BUT IS THE MAIL I RECEIVED FYI.

Hi

We have now reached the point where you can join AFC Liverpool !!!! This is a potentially historic club, and you now have the chance to be a founder member.

http://www.afcliverpool.org.uk

AFC Liverpool is currently in discussions with the North West Counties League with the aim of playing competitive football in time for the forthcoming season.

To make this happen we need you to become a founder member of the club. At this stage, the key thing we need is the money to make this club viable.

It is now up to our fellow Reds to provide that by donating to the club, and by joining the club itself.

AFC Liverpool will be a fans owned, fans run club. The more we can raise the more likely it is that we can make this a huge success.

But without that money this venture will not succeed.

It is up to you now. You can breathe life into AFC Liverpool by becoming a founder member, by donating to the cause, and by making regular gifts to the club.

The minimum you need to pay to become a founder member of AFC Liverpool is just £10. But we'd ask you to be generous if you can do and give more if you possibly can. (People have paid £35 to own Ebbsfleet Utd, so we'd suggest the same here if you can!)

You can become a founder member RIGHT NOW by visiting http://www.afcliverpool.org.uk

Let's make this happen!!

AFC Liverpool

PS Everyone who joins the club in this first wave of membership will receive a Founder Member Certificate from the club!! Your place in our history! So don't just join for you - join your kids and your grandkids too and give them a place in our history also!!

xen105
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 78 posts | -4 
      FANS START A NEW LIVERPOOL!-AFC LIVERPOOL
      Reply #36: Mar 18, 2008 05:40:27 pm
      Liverpool supporters have formed their own "little brother" club AFC Liverpool after being priced out of going to Anfield.

AFC Liverpool are the latest 'fans' club after the success of first AFC Wimbledon and then FC United and they have applied to the Vodkat North West Counties League Division Two to enter a team for next season.

But unlike FC United - formed in protest at the Glazer ownership - AFC Liverpool hope to flourish alongside the club and have been launched purely to give fans a team to watch outside of the big Premier League prices.

Club spokesman Alun Parry told the Daily Telegraph: "This has nothing to do with the ownership issue, it's about affordability. I've been going to Anfield since the late Seventies when I was six years old. A season ticket in the Kop cost £45 in 1985, today it's £650, which I know is a lot cheaper than some other Premier League clubs, but in inflation terms Eighties prices should equate to £98 today.

"We aren't blaming the club, we realise they have no choice, but the sad fact is that a whole community is being denied the opportunity to grow up in the 'match-going' culture. The average age of a Premier League supporter is now 43. At a recent game I spotted only two children, so kids who can't afford to go are forced to learn what it means to support a club from one source - television.

"Far from wishing to be estranged from the club, we are hoping that Liverpool will look upon us as a little brother."

Does anyone know about this? sounds strange to me, good luck to the guys tho.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #37: Mar 18, 2008 07:45:52 pm
      Does anyone know about this? sounds strange to me, good luck to the guys tho.

Send a PM to Donrafael he might know a bit about it! ;)
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #38: Mar 19, 2008 01:24:00 am
      will this situation be like the one madrid have?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #39: Mar 19, 2008 01:40:25 pm
      i said it before and ill say it again if your priced out of Anfield why not support the Liverpool FC reserves? 
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #40: Mar 19, 2008 01:51:42 pm
      I said it before and ill say it again if your priced out of Anfield why not support the Liverpool FC reserves? 

If they didnt play up in Warrington at silly times, played a bit more local, and gave more youth a chance into the first team, then maybe more people would support Liverpool reserves.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #41: Mar 19, 2008 01:57:28 pm
      If they didnt play up in Warrington at silly times, played a bit more local, and gave more youth a chance into the first team, then maybe more people would support Liverpool reserves.

Plus some people only have time to go to a game at weekends, reserve games are played on weekday evenings.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #42: Mar 19, 2008 02:09:00 pm
      Plus some people only have time to go to a game at weekends, reserve games are played on weekday evenings.

Reserves used to play at Anfield aswell not so long ago, and this was how some fans would start supporting our team, then gradually end up watching the first team play. Maybe reverting back to Anfield would be beneficial to everyone, fans  and the reserves themselves.

Then maybe if that happened there would be no need for an  LIVER-REDS FC the next FCUM or AFC Wimbledon?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43: Mar 19, 2008 02:59:54 pm
      Fair points lads. I cant see the club letting reserve games back at Anfield sadly. Theyd say it would be too many games on the pitch!  However if they could play somwhere in the area I think getting behind the reserves would be a better option then forming a new club. 
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #44: Mar 19, 2008 04:24:17 pm
      would be good to see the reserves getting more support, as Shanks said "theres only two teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves"
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Mar 19, 2008 04:32:46 pm
      Fair points lads. I cant see the club letting reserve games back at Anfield sadly. Theyd say it would be too many games on the pitch!  However if they could play somwhere in the area I think getting behind the reserves would be a better option then forming a new club. 

Ian St John thinks exactly the same Bri. He was talking about it the other weekend on Radio City Terrace Talk.

Each to their own I suppose. Good luck to the new team.

Quick Reply