Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

AFC Liverpool

Read 140245 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      AFC Liverpool
      Jan 18, 2008 10:42:05 am
      I am just thinking that if the circus continues for much longer there will soon be talk of creating a new amateur, back to roots and basics Liverpool FC ("Liver-Reds FC" anyone?) ... just as happened at Man Utd with the break-away (and very succesful, FCUM, Football Club United of Manchester shortly after the Glazers arrived) or AFC Wimbledon (when they got "moved" 80 miles up the road to Milton Keynes and started over) - both are 100% FANS owned clubs.

Many fans are disinchanted with LFC at the minute, when it all should be so different... so, so different - two words come to mind "Promises" and "Lies"... oh and a third "Revenge" (even if by a few thousand, who are generally pissed off with the Premiership, the money angle and the total non-say in THEIR local footy club).

Wouldn't be the least surprised to see some loyal, tradionational LFC fans setting up a new club in a similar way, starting in the local leagues...

Any thoughts? Comments?

My opinion?

LFC would continue but the spin-off would do well too and give lots of local disgruntled fans something to smile about again... that's how bad I think it is.

In fact I can even imagine the bluenoses (against the Tescos Blues FC) would do something similar some day soon...

The mind-boggles...
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2009 07:05:19 pm by JD »
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: LIVER-REDS FC the next FCUM or AFC Wimbledon?
      Reply #1: Jan 18, 2008 10:43:26 am
      Absolutely no way I say.

We're not as low as other clubs.  Liverpool Football Club.  The one and only.  That's how it should stay.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #2: Jan 18, 2008 10:46:45 am
      Absolutely no way I say.

We're not as low as other clubs.  Liverpool Football Club.  The one and only.  That's how it should stay.

I'm not for it or against it... I'm just saying IT COULD happen if a few like-minded Reds organised themselves, got the funding through self-funding (i.e. put next seasons season-ticket money into it like FCUM or AFCW did) and got going - these clubs have set a precedent that other clubs, with sad/angry fans, will (maybe not LFC) no doubt follow...
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Jan 18, 2008 10:49:20 am
      Ah I see what you mean.

But I don't really think our American 'millionaires' will still be here in the summer.  I honestly think DIC are going to save us you know ;)

So really the whole 'we're supporters pissed off at our club' team would be completely pointless in the end!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #4: Jan 18, 2008 11:06:08 am
      Ah I see what you mean.

But I don't really think our American 'millionaires' will still be here in the summer.  I honestly think DIC are going to save us you know ;)

So really the whole 'we're supporters pissed off at our club' team would be completely pointless in the end!

I tell you what mate, may you be so right... I'm very worried at the minute.

I think the outcome may well be, with Parry pulling the strings, that we end up with Gillet Sr & Jr (both quite a lot more passionate than Hicks Sr or Jr, who came in last minute remember) in some sort of LFC-ownership-consortium with DIC (but Hicks will drive a hard deal - and DIC don't overpay as we know).

Anyway, if it happens (which will depend on the level of rational-greed of Mr Hicks basically) - it will mean a critical need for mediation and liason between the two parties - and guess who will be doing that... yes you got it...Mr (self-preservation above all else, inc. LFC) pubes-hair himself!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Jan 18, 2008 11:14:58 am
      I tell you what mate, may you be so right... I'm very worried at the minute.

I think the outcome may well be, with Parry pulling the strings, that we end up with Gillet Sr & Jr (both quite a lot more passionate than Hicks Sr or Jr, who came in last minute remember) in some sort of LFC-ownership-consortium with DIC (but Hicks will drive a hard deal - and DIC don't overpay as we know).

Anyway, if it happens (which will depend on the level of rational-greed of Mr Hicks basically) - it will mean a critical need for mediation and liason between the two parties - and guess who will be doing that... yes you got it...Mr (self-preservation above all else, inc. LFC) pubes-hair himself!

:lmao:

For the minute Parry needs to stay.  But he can be easily be replaced!  As we all know!

Gillett isn't as bad as Hicks.  If anything George needs to be the public speaker, and not Tom.  For the time being. 

During that time I expect DIC to be making 'secret' meetings with H&G, which Tom will make public anyway!  The question remains.  Is the DIC man a Liverpool fan through and through?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #6: Jan 18, 2008 11:18:44 am
      Is the DIC man a Liverpool fan through and through?

Court, I've been lucky enough to go to Dubai a few times with business.

Some of the fans there are truly LFC nuts - and this Sheik that controls a large slice of DIC - is a true life-long fan... and has apparently been seen at many games over the years (well before the takeover talks... during the Moores era - which is where the original conversations came from - before GREED and SELF-PRESERVATION clouded Parry's bid-brokering).
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #7: Jan 18, 2008 11:35:03 am
      That'll do for me DonRafa!

We do need another Liverpool at the top of our tree.  Not these two losers!
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #8: Jan 18, 2008 11:40:47 am
      I am just thinking that if the circus continues for much longer there will soon be talk of creating a new amateur, back to roots and basics Liverpool FC ("Liver-Reds FC" anyone?) ... just as happened at Man Utd with the break-away (and very succesful, FCUM, Football Club United of Manchester shortly after the Glazers arrived) or AFC Wimbledon (when they got "moved" 80 miles up the road to Milton Keynes and started over) - both are 100% FANS owned clubs.

Many fans are disinchanted with LFC at the minute, when it all should be so different... so, so different - two words come to mind "Promises" and "Lies"... oh and a third "Revenge" (even if by a few thousand, who are generally pissed off with the Premiership, the money angle and the total non-say in THEIR local footy club).

Wouldn't be the least surprised to see some loyal, tradionational LFC fans setting up a new club in a similar way, starting in the local leagues...

Any thoughts? Comments?

My opinion?

LFC would continue but the spin-off would do well too and give lots of local disgruntled fans something to smile about again... that's how bad I think it is.

In fact I can even imagine the bluenoses (against the Tescos Blues FC) would do something similar some day soon...

The mind-boggles...
      I don't think we are quite at that point yet Don?

But I'd like to think that everything is up for discussion, no closed subjects and all that!
      Definitely one for the radar though
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: Jan 18, 2008 11:55:16 am
      If we get Macherano sealed that will show their intentions in my opion but like I have been saying we may have to wait till the end of the season to see the intentions of the owners. As for starting out another club, Im afraid Im not for that because both times  its been a failure those clubs are not heard of again only a snippet in the news after they were formed.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Jan 18, 2008 01:02:42 pm
      If we get Macherano sealed that will show their intentions in my opion but like I have been saying we may have to wait till the end of the season to see the intentions of the owners. As for starting out another club, Im afraid Im not for that because both times  its been a failure those clubs are not heard of again only a snippet in the news after they were formed.

They don't want to be in the news... they want to feel part of a club... that actually BELONGS TO THEM.

I think you missed the point of their formations.

Away from media, away from the money men, back to basics of love and belonging to a club... and FYI both the afore mentioned are the BEST SUPPORTED amateur clubs in the country!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #11: Jan 18, 2008 01:06:02 pm
      I know were your coming from don but no way. Well not for me anyway. Ive grown up Liverpool fc thru and thru. Ok things like whats going on with the yanks at the minute or being stung with ticket allocations like athens ast year gets you down about things but stop following Liverpool...no way ever. It goes back to far too much history to many memories to just turn me back and follow a new club

Why, instead of setting up a new club, do people who are disenchanted with Liverpool go and follow the reserves if ye want to get back to the roots of it?

Dont give up on LFC  

Y.N.W.A
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #12: Jan 18, 2008 01:35:33 pm
      I know were your coming from don but no way. Well not for me anyway. Ive grown up Liverpool fc thru and thru. Ok things like whats going on with the yanks at the minute or being stung with ticket allocations like athens ast year gets you down about things but stop following Liverpool...no way ever. It goes back to far too much history to many memories to just turn me back and follow a new club

Why, instead of setting up a new club, do people who are disenchanted with Liverpool go and follow the reserves if ye want to get back to the roots of it?

Dont give up on LFC  

Y.N.W.A

Good shout mate - especially re reserves attending.

If you speak to a FCUM or AFCW fan, and I have to both, they will argue that they are the REAL Wimbledon and Manure in both cases... although Wimbledon's case is a hell of a lot stronger.

I really LOVE the idea of fans owned clubs, set up as mutuals, i.e. profits go back into the club.

If every person that spent money on LFC, merchanidice, tickets, tc ...had that money go straight into the club instead of Sky, G&H or Parry... boy would this be a rich club... but it would be un-manageable - so a dream it will have to continue.

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Jan 18, 2008 02:38:02 pm
      Bit over the top isn't it Don? Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if some people are thinking of it. And you're right, if this situation carries on for much longer then I think some people would get serious about it.

Not for me though. No matter how successful or unsuccessful we become, I'll always be supporting the one and only reds.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #14: Jan 19, 2008 10:23:01 am
      Liverpool Football club has been a big part of my life for 60 years,I have supported them through the very good,good and the bad times.It will be bad enough leaving if and when we get a new ground and thinking about people like my Dad and mates who stood on the KOP with me and are no longer here.My one wish is Tom and George sell the club to people who understand and are willing to keep the history and tradition  of our great club  intact and have some respect for the greatest fans in the world.To cut a long story short I do not want to belong to an offshoot of the club,I just want to belong to Liverpool Football Club hopefully for a few more years yet.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #15: Jan 19, 2008 04:22:59 pm
      Liverpool Football club has been a big part of my life for 60 years,I have supported them through the very good,good and the bad times.It will be bad enough leaving if and when we get a new ground and thinking about people like my Dad and mates who stood on the KOP with me and are no longer here.My one wish is Tom and George sell the club to people who understand and are willing to keep the history and tradition  of our great club  intact and have some respect for the greatest fans in the world.To cut a long story short I do not want to belong to an offshoot of the club,I just want to belong to Liverpool Football Club hopefully for a few more years yet.

And you will sir ...it is because of the love and loyalty you and your Dad had and have for this club, that me and my son follow it now... you helped made the club what it is today... a legend in the footballing world.

LFC for ever and day.

YNWA IRWT
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16: Jan 19, 2008 07:34:57 pm
      And you will sir ...it is because of the love and loyalty you and your Dad had and have for this club, that me and my son follow it now... you helped made the club what it is today... a legend in the footballing world.

LFC for ever and day.

YNWA IRWT

Thanks for those kind words Don,it is good to see your son following in your footsteps,I have 2 sons and 3 grandsons  and they have followed in the family tradition of supporting the REDS.None of them needed any persuasion to become REDS so I do believe Liverpool Football Club is in your blood from the day you are born.Cheers.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #17: Jan 21, 2008 01:52:44 pm
      If Hicks and Gillet (and Parry) continue at the club and the void and hatred with the fans (and Rafa, until the summer if they do stay)... do you REALLY think that this scenario would never happen at our beloved club.

Many would say the re-birth made by Liverpool folks, purely for Liverpool folks - would spiritually be the continuation of LFC anyway... and right now that would be difficult to argue against.

God I hate, God I hate these c**t yanks HE has brought into town...

I
      R
      W
      T
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #18: Jan 23, 2008 05:05:26 pm
      So is this possibility so off the wall if the circus continues and lies materialise...

I think not.

Watch it happen... if the Yanks stick a round and don't buy a round.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #19: Jan 25, 2008 01:22:28 pm
      So it wasn't going to happen eh.... well, well, well...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS

Yesterday was a day that will go down in infamy in the history of Liverpool Football Club. Yesterday was the day that the stewardship of our beloved club by two most undesirable proprietors was sealed. Yesterday was the day that Liverpool Football Club lost its soul.

I have stood and sat in the Kop for fifty years, through its greatest, its humblest (some on here may not realise we were in the old second division within the living memory of most Liverpool supporters) and most tragic times. I have witnessed all our major triumphs and all our humbling defeats. But now no more. This, my fellow Reds, is the end of the line for me.

Unlike many of those who resisted the takeover of Manchester United by the Glazer family I am not set against Americans per se owning our club. It is these particular Americans that I am opposed to for obvious reasons (it was educational to hear that former Chairman of Aston Villa, Doug Ellis, was prepared to accept a lower offer for his shares from Randy Lerner rather than allow Gillett gain control of the club). And make no mistake HICKS &GILLETT are in this now for the long haul – no matter how many REDS are left sleeping on bare mattresses!

What we are witnessing now is the birth of a commercial sports franchise the hub of whose operations will just happen to be within the City of Liverpool. It will be about as Scouse as any Merseyside branch of Tesco or Sainsbury. And worse still, as we have already become aware, our new and most unwelcome owners will do this in a way so underhanded that it would make MI6 blush.

But I haven’t ventured on to Liverpool fan websites for the first time in my life simply to deliver an ‘I Quit’ ultimatum. I have come here to say that ANY Liverpool fan that continues to go to matches is propping up the current regime. Boycotting the odd match here or there will not make the individual fan any less of a collaborator. S/he has to be ready to abstain from match attendance for the duration.

Unfortunately, the outlook for this kind of protest, at first sight, is not encouraging. Barely 300 people failed to renew their season tickets at Old Trafford after the Glazers took over. And those who stayed but decided to boycott club merchandise (and hypocritically vandalise the property of Manchester United executives) couldn’t prevent the clubs turnover reaching a record £250m last year (NB the 76% here who stated they would reduce their financial commitment to LFC should H&G remain).

The formation of an opposition football club on the other hand appears slightly more promising. Playing well outside Manchester at Bury’s Gigg Lane ground, FC United of Manchester regularly commands gates in excess of 3,000. More importantly, the dissidents are not only sticking with their new creation – they are growing in number.

There is much we can learn from the experience of Man U fans who opposed the Glazer takeover. I believe that we could make a sustained boycott of Liverpool FC much more effective and that a new club venture could be more successful. I believe this because Liverpool is a more tightly knit community with a more distinct identity with a greater appetite for struggle.

Fellow Reds, we are now at a crossroads. Either we can just talk of contempt for Gillette and Hicks while continuing to aid them in their monstrous scheme by passing through the turnstiles or we can sever our ties with their alien creation and reclaim our heritage by forming a new club: ‘Liverpool 2008 FC.’

I call upon the moderators, administrators and members of this forum, with links to the official and unofficial Liverpool Supporters Clubs and Associations to lobby your committees and officers to convene within a month an open meeting in a local public venue to discuss the topics that I have just raised: namely the launch of a long term boycott of ALL Liverpool FC fixtures and the establishment of a new association football club, ‘Liverpool 2008 FC.’

I hereby authorise all those who sympathise with the opinions expressed herein to reproduce them for a wider audience.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #20: Jan 31, 2008 11:03:55 am
      Blimey it could still really happen... Fans owned - but not at Ryman or Unibond level... at Premiership level.

...then I woke up.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #21: Feb 13, 2008 02:54:53 pm
      I thought it would only be a matter of time...

AFC Liverpool here we come!

http://www.afcliverpool.org.uk/
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #22: Feb 14, 2008 03:40:09 pm
      No interest at all? Really?

It just shows you the level of supporters within the fanbase that feel disenfranchised with the club right now...is that not worrying to you guys?  ...is me.

Quick Reply