Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fans protest

Read 13127 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Fans protest
      Jan 21, 2008 08:16:00 am
      what are the details of tonights protest does anybody know? Whats the meeting point? will there be a march to the ground like the Porto game in November? I havent seen or heard anything official like that night v Porto when everyone knew to meet at the Sandon.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Re: Fans protest
      Reply #1: Jan 21, 2008 09:31:39 am
      First I've heard.

Just hope it gets some TV coverage so the Yanks see it. Because rest assured the bas**rds won't be here.

Still think we, as fans should be doing as much as we can to uproot them. Some sort of online petition accross all the LFC forum and make sure it finds it's way to them. Not good as suggesting such things but never, as a fan have a been in this position before.

The may own the club but they don't own us.

So I think we have some sort of duty to try make their stay as brief and uncomfortable as possible. Do unto them what they do to you as the saying goes
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2: Jan 21, 2008 10:05:52 am
      there seems to be a lot of confusion about this one. Most of the places ive looked on are saying the demo is inside the ground witht he us e of banners and flags. There is talk of people burning american flags which most say wont help anything. Otheres are calling for anti hicks/gillette songs to be aimes soley at hicks as Gillette could still play a part in the future of the club!!

It seems like theres different people heading in different directions regarding the protest tonight. Doesnt seem to be an official meeting outside the ground like before Porto.

My fear now would be if you have different elements doing different things maybe no chants will be heard clearly and the press would only pick up on the negatives like burning american flags or whatever. 
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #3: Jan 21, 2008 10:13:04 am
      Yeh, I don't think that burning American flags could have any positive outcomes for the club, the media would just say that our supporters are hooligans, and we need to all be united on one objective.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #4: Jan 21, 2008 10:48:46 am
      Can't attatch it 'cos the file is too large.

But there is an E-mail pic of a banner doing the rounds which presumbaly will make an appearance this evening at the match.

It is a banner with pics of Statler & Waldorf from the Muppett show and the slogan "One DIC is better than a pair of tits"

Truly marvellous.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #5: Jan 21, 2008 11:01:28 am

But there is an E-mail pic of a banner doing the rounds which presumbaly will make an appearance this evening at the match.

It is a banner with pics of Statler & Waldorf from the Muppett show and the slogan "One DIC is better than a pair of tits"

Truly marvellous.

TIA says they are making one that reads

"Rafa - our only true custodian now"

- Genius.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #6: Jan 21, 2008 11:57:23 am
      I'm staying thousand of miles away but i can sure do anything that would help in a small way.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #7: Jan 21, 2008 12:20:18 pm

Truly marvellous.

That is just brilliant that is.........can't wait to see that tonight :lmao:

Trouble is  them Yanks are so bloody thick skinned, it will just go over there heads :f_steam:

Radio City reported this morning that the protests all seem to be happening inside the ground.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #8: Jan 21, 2008 12:34:06 pm
      That is just brilliant that is.........can't wait to see that tonight :lmao:

Trouble is  them Yanks are so bloody thick skinned, it will just go over there heads :f_steam:

Radio City reported this morning that the protests all seem to be happening inside the ground.

From what I've read, Hicks is pretty used to fans revolts against him at his other clubs... the bloke has some form in this regard... and Parry knew it too.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #9: Jan 21, 2008 02:23:19 pm
      Read on another forum that Foster Gillette failed to show for his monday morning meeting,anyone know much about this?
      DontBuyTheSun
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #10: Jan 21, 2008 02:42:54 pm
      All chanting will be inside the ground from what I've heard (lets get behind the lads also we have a match to win too) 

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #11: Jan 21, 2008 03:10:40 pm
      All chanting will be inside the ground from what I've heard (lets get behind the lads also we have a match to win too) 

Too right!! Let the yanks know they are not welcome anymore but get behind our lads as well. As far as I know there's nothing planned for outside the ground.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #12: Jan 21, 2008 05:05:01 pm
      Wish the owners were actually going be at the match ;D. They wont even see any of it.
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #13: Jan 21, 2008 05:30:57 pm
      Has anyone heard the new song against the owners? I think it goes something like this.....

You dont like rafa, you hate the fans, we all know liverpool football club is in the wrong hands?? anyone enlighten anymore of the song??

Cheers
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #14: Jan 21, 2008 05:37:49 pm
      we dont care bout Rafa
      we dont care about fans
      Liverpool football club
      its in the wrong hands

to the same tune as we won it 5 timesr
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Jan 21, 2008 05:39:20 pm
      Has anyone heard the new song against the owners? I think it goes something like this.....

You dont like rafa, you hate the fans, we all know liverpool football club is in the wrong hands?? anyone enlighten anymore of the song??

Cheers

From RTK:

They don't care about Rafa
      They don't care about fans
      Liverpool Football Club
      Is in the wrong hands
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #16: Jan 21, 2008 05:59:49 pm
      A lot of media hysteria.  It seems this is the first Liverpool FC protest organised exclusively by the media. 

The media have really fanned the flames on this one.  There is the little matter of three points and the first priority of everybody inside the ground once the game kicks off is to ensure the 11 men on the field (and Rafa) are supported to the hilt.

Stay behind after the game if you want and vent your anger at the owners then.

See you all later.
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #17: Jan 21, 2008 06:30:36 pm
      thanks redkenny & brian78 thought it was soemthing like that 2-0 to mighty reds tonight i have torres firs goal
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 21, 2008 06:45:39 pm
      I hope nothing too stupid happens. Why don't they just hold the protest 'til after the match? We don't want to take the players minds off of the match. We're sixth in the league for christ's sake. We NEED three points.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 21, 2008 11:04:59 pm
      pity about the result but well done to all fans concerned the message from the crowd was loud and clear 2n and i get the feeling it has only just begun.
      crabbers
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #20: Jan 22, 2008 12:05:46 am
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #21: Jan 22, 2008 01:05:46 am
      Here's a couple of em.

The crowd, and in particular the Kop, was in fine fettle tonight.  Well done everybody who was at Anfield and 'took part' in the atmosphere.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: Jan 22, 2008 08:50:10 am
      Nice snippets there. Well done Redmen!

Quick Reply