Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Munich disaster - 50 years on.

Read 8986 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Munich disaster - 50 years on.
      Reply #23: Feb 12, 2008 01:37:25 pm
      What makes me insensed about this is the fact that the media are all out sad faces and all the respect is shown and all the tearful eyes are weeping false tears and its all about how great Man Utd are. Yet we still have no recognition or respect shown to the fans of our club who died, and this is from a media who think themselves objective!!??

What kinda makes me even more angry is the way that George Best is portrayed as all wonderful and glorified in the same manner when he snuffed it. Yet no mention is made of his blatant wife beating his opportunity he through in the face of the person who died to let him have a new liver and his weakness and lack of control at being able to curtail his love affair with alchol and himself.

In my honest opion and this may seem controversial to some but after most and all of the media and their enlightend circle give little or no thought to our fans who died I really cant be bothered to give any or little thought to those who died in that plain crash. Nothing against them or their families its just the way its portrayed in the media, it gets my back up Im afraid and its so hypocritcal from Man Utds point of view because 90% of their players couldnt really give a flying F**k, evidence of that is shown by the lack armbands in the second half.

Another point to take into consideration is the fact that Man Utd wanted to charge other TV stations considerable amounts of money to broadcast the memorial service, wonder where that money would have gone, to the victims families??? I doubt it, as far as I can see it this was just another marketing ploy by Man Utd to gain favour with the media and to make themselves look all high and mighty. This kind of hypocracy makes me so angry I could spit.

Could not agree more, Did you know, I herd this the other day, that their belovered George Best, did not see their come back in '99 as he left early! tosser
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #24: Feb 12, 2008 01:50:02 pm
      What I can't believe is the scarves are on eBay! What heartless b***ard would do that! >:(
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #25: Feb 12, 2008 03:09:20 pm
      RIP to those who lost their lives 50 years ago.

Good posts by the way, and Prag, I totally agree about the media. The supposedly neutral would never come out and show their sadness for our club. But at the end of the day, we show our respects and that's all that matters. We'd only be subjected to the types of people who set out with intent to wreck it anyways, especially from United and Everton supporters.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #26: Feb 12, 2008 04:38:57 pm
      Excellent post Prag...

. But at the end of the day, we show our respects and that's all that matters.

That's because we are Liverpool....the best
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #27: Feb 12, 2008 04:48:25 pm
      RIP   no matter who anyone supports, nothing compares to the loss of human life at any event.

Quick Reply