Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Cisse

Read 4765 times
      mart82
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Cisse
      Aug 04, 2006 12:24:40 pm
      It amazes me how we could loan our best striker all because of his fall out with our main man rafa with out cisse we will not accomplish our premership dreams.

I believe cisse to be one of the strongest forwards around with the strength and power to over come two career ruining broken legs to be replaced by robbie fowler and craig bellamy how rude if cisse was given the trust by rafa and played more games we mould see our best striker yet become even more like theirry henry but this is just my opinion.

Please rafa dont sell him it would kill me if we dont get him back look at chelsea arsenal and man utd and the quality of players they have bring cisse back and we will easily take them with a fight just look at the last friendly we played we lost 2nil our forwards could not produce

This is my final plea bring back our champ or i will be forced to support mk dons.
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Cisse
      Reply #1: Aug 04, 2006 12:36:24 pm
      u say we could take them(chelsea,arsenal,united) i seem 2 remember back 2 the 21st of janurary wen we played united at old trafford, 0-0 until about the 89th minute, cisse has the chance 2 win the game with an open net from about 2 yards out wats he do sky it, it was harder 2 miss than score. srry m8 but cisse waste of 14mil.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Cisse
      Reply #2: Aug 04, 2006 01:00:16 pm
      Marty

It might amaze you more the fact if he weren't injured we would have sold him, never mind loaning him.

Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Apart from pace he had no touch, in fact the could trap a ball as far as he could kick it. Had no sense of direction or undertsanding of Rafa's tactics.

A good point made by Mickey about the Man Utd game. I think that actual game was the final straw for Rafa. All game he would not chase balls that weren't to his feet. He just looked back and threw his arms up in the air. We were playing at Man Utd for God's sake, you can't expect it easy. And as far as the sitter he missed, watch it again. The reason he missed it was he was still sitting on his backside moaning, then had to rush to his feet to hit it.

I know colourful characters are loved by fans but let's not get popularity for those reasons confused with their playing abilities.

Tattooing yourself, spraying your hair pink and dressing like an extra out of Starsky & Hutch doesn't make you a good player.

If he was is our best striker then we have problems. Might I suggest you face the pitch (or TV screen) when watching the game. It doesn't half help
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Cisse
      Reply #3: Aug 04, 2006 01:05:16 pm
      cisse=bollocks
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #4: Aug 04, 2006 01:47:28 pm
      regardless of what people may think of cisse he still managed to score 19 goals whilst playing out of positon if he played at all i would of liked to see him get a run of games in his favoured position but rafa had other ideas and who am i to argue with his decisions but bellamy is gonna do the job that cisse was supposed to
      BIG10
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Re: cisse
      Reply #5: Aug 04, 2006 01:47:35 pm
      Quote from: "mart82"
      it amazes me how we could loan our best striker all because of his fall out with our main man rafa with out cisse we will not accomplish our premership dreams i belive cisse to be one of the strongest forwards around with the strength and power to over come two career ruining broken legs to be replaced by robbie fowler and craig bellamy how rude if cisse was given the trust by rafa and played more games we mould see our best striker yet become even more like theirry henry but this is just my opinion please rafa dont sell him it would kill me if we dont get him back look at chelsea arsenal and man utd and the quality of players they have bring cisse back and we will easily take them with a fight just look at the last friendly we played we lost 2nil our forwards could not produce this is my final plea bring back our champ or i will be forced to support mk dons

From a manager point Cisse is Sh**e. He moves away from the ball instead of tracking it down. All he can do is run fast and tap the ball over the line when it is already on it's way anyway. He was a waste of money and I hope we sell him.  

And for your comment it would kill you to see him leave.

Sorry mate but      R.I.P. Mart
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Cisse
      Reply #6: Aug 04, 2006 03:15:19 pm
      Yes, I agree we wasted 14 million. However I am a fan of Cisse, he didn't live up to his promising career at Anfield. Which was a shame to be honest. But back to the point, he grabbed my attention with his pace, and yes. He had alot of off games and rarely had memorable one's. In a way I feel sorry for Djib, for what he has gone through while at Anfield. Including two broken legs, falling out with the gaffa, persistantly ignored by Rafa and was offered a seat on the bench. I do believe he would of done a better job than Fernando Morientes if given the chance. But we all seem to forget, he scored 19 goals in total last season. Finishing 2nd behind Steven Gerrard in the top goal scorer's for the club (in one season). I do feel he should of been given more of a chance and support. Maybe his adaptations are better kept back in France, and as long as he does well thats all that would matter. Good luck Djib :)
      chrislfc
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #7: Aug 04, 2006 03:36:55 pm
      i've got to say that i went to the Bolton game near the end of the season, as i live in Kent i don't get up there as often as i would like, but i think he was absolutely sh*t. at one point he swapped with kewell but Rafa had to bawl at him to get him to come over and mark a player as he was still walkingover to the left. he's supposed to be a top class striker but for me , a waste of 14mil. i think Bellamy will do a good job this year
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Cisse
      Reply #8: Aug 04, 2006 03:48:05 pm
      As liverpaul and court lfc hav wrote that he scored 19 goals and im not knocking him for tht but how many of those goals were in champions league preliminary matches or against top opposition?
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Cisse
      Reply #9: Aug 04, 2006 05:14:14 pm
      looks like ull be supporting the dons doesnt it?????
      people are deluded by the stats, yes he scored 19 but how many opportunities did he have inorder to score those 19? if he really was quality he'd of scored 29
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Cisse
      Reply #10: Aug 04, 2006 08:57:33 pm
      I agree with all of use who say hes  not good enough! I agree that with selling him! I also agree tho that under houllier he woulf be fantastic but i prefer rafa and im loving his signings so cum on RAFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry if i confussed any of use with that comment
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #11: Aug 04, 2006 11:41:01 pm
      cisse 2 me was jus a waste of 14million.. i say sell him and notice how is price tag is much cheaper now he has had is spell at liverpool :x
      Gobbo17 YNWA
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #12: Aug 05, 2006 06:59:41 am
      He's good wen he wants to be
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Cisse
      Reply #13: Aug 05, 2006 01:03:23 pm
      Quote from: "Gobbo17 YNWA"
      He's good wen he wants to be
      And to often he doesn't want to be.
      mikal.shaw
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 44 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #14: Aug 05, 2006 01:23:30 pm
      if we played cisse alot he wud warm up to a pure class striker
      reu01
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #15: Aug 05, 2006 02:11:45 pm
      i cant recall the man havin a really good game.. he as either been poor,, half decent or good.. not the sort of class u wud get from a true striker
      sppuuddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #16: Aug 05, 2006 02:59:28 pm
      Who would you prefer Bellamy or Cisse for me its no contest, Bellamy every time, Cisse came to liverpool with a great reputation and a great goalscoring record but he simply could not cut it in the premiership maybe the english game is too fast for him who knows, but anyone that seen him play understands he needs 4 or 5 chances to put 1 away.
      Sorry but thats just not good enough for us to make a serious challenge on the title and before anyone else comes up with the excuse that he was playing on the right wing not his natural position if he was good enough and lethal in front of goal he would have been playing as a striker but he simply was not.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Cisse
      Reply #17: Aug 06, 2006 01:32:52 pm
      I was at the Charlton game last season at Anfield. It finished 0-0, and Cisse spent his time jogging up and down the right hand side, never looking interested, not putting any effort into helping create a winner.
         After one unsuccessful attempt to put a lazy ball in for Fowler, he turned to where we were sitting in the Kop and motioned for us to get lively, with a sort of 'come on!!!!' expression on his face. One reply he got was 'No, you do some work you f*cking lazy tw@t!!!' That summed it up for me. I know he wasn't a right midfield player, but you could at least make the effort in a time of need for the club. Gerrard didn't complain when he was put there. We need players who would accept playing in goal if neccesary. Not characters who think they've the God given right to do what they like. Good riddance I say
      KingoftheKop
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts |
      Re: cisse
      Reply #18: Aug 06, 2006 03:35:42 pm
      Quote from: "mart82"
      it amazes me how we could loan our best striker all because of his fall out with our main man rafa with out cisse we will not accomplish our premership dreams i belive cisse to be one of the strongest forwards around with the strength and power to over come two career ruining broken legs to be replaced by robbie fowler and craig bellamy how rude if cisse was given the trust by rafa and played more games we mould see our best striker yet become even more like theirry henry but this is just my opinion please rafa dont sell him it would kill me if we dont get him back look at chelsea arsenal and man utd and the quality of players they have bring cisse back and we will easily take them with a fight just look at the last friendly we played we lost 2nil our forwards could not produce this is my final plea bring back our champ or i will be forced to support mk dons

You really have not been paying attention Cisse was crap and always will be cos he can't cut it with the big boys in the Premiership he should stay in France for good.
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Cisse
      Reply #19: Aug 07, 2006 03:41:01 pm
      he was just a spoilt overrated pillock. bye bye.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Cisse
      Reply #20: Oct 20, 2006 06:27:10 pm
      Cisse back in training....

Marseille were handed a boost ahead of their crunch Ligue 1 tie against Lyon by the return to training of striker Djibril Cisse.

The 24-year-old moved to the Stade Velodrome on a season-long loan deal from Liverpool in July but has been sidelined by injury since his arrival in France.

Cisse broke his leg in a World Cup warm up match against China but the injury did not stop his loan move to Marseille.

He had originally targeted a return to action in the top-of-the-table clash against l'OL this weekend but is still some way off match fitness.

The former Auxerre striker has now taken the next step on his road to recovery and the sight of him on the Marseille training ground will have pleased the l'OM fans.

"There was a little event at La Commanderie today," an announcement said on the club's official website.

"More than the preparation for the big match Marseille versus Lyon, Djibril Cisse had his first training session.

"The number nine was on the training ground for the first time, he ran a little and touched the ball.

"He is coming back slowly to avoid risks."

Just wondering??

Anyone think he will come back to Anfield and play for us again??
      Saint Red
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #21: Oct 20, 2006 06:30:13 pm
      Lazy and overrated even when playing well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Cisse
      Reply #22: Oct 20, 2006 06:33:06 pm
      Can't disagree with lazy.

He will probably score another hatful in France though.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Cisse
      Reply #23: Oct 20, 2006 07:54:26 pm
      I hope he does it'll drive up his value  ;)
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #24: Oct 20, 2006 11:34:54 pm
      I would swap him for david villa. I would love to see that guy in a liverpool top. Now he is a brill striker that would get 25 goals a season no problems.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #25: Oct 21, 2006 12:07:28 pm
      cisse is one of those players that i would like for back up incase bellamy and crouch have injurys (touch wood they wont) but really we cant forget what he did for us in the fa cup final
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #26: Oct 21, 2006 12:08:15 pm
      Quote from: "Madzz Adzz"
      I would swap him for david villa. I would love to see that guy in a liverpool top. Now he is a brill striker that would get 25 goals a season no problems.
      totaly agree with you mate
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Cisse
      Reply #27: Oct 21, 2006 08:22:25 pm
      Quote from: "willowlfc"
      Cisse is one of those players that i would like for back up incase bellamy and crouch have injurys (touch wood they wont) ....

£14 million.

Way too expensive to be a back up.

....but really we can't forget what he did for us in the fa cup final.

I already have.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Cisse
      Reply #28: Oct 21, 2006 09:10:33 pm
      cisse is one of those players that i would like for back up incase bellamy and crouch have injurys (touch wood they wont) but really we cant forget what he did for us in the fa cup final

He might of scored early doors in the cup final, but when the chips were down and we were staring defeat in the face, Cisse was limping around like the over paid premadonna he is he didnt want to know. The FA cup is full of brave stories like Bert Troutman who kept goal for City with a broken neck, the underdog dreams of school boys who's only goal is to lift the cup for there home town team, thats why the final of 2006 is known as "the Gerrard final" and not the Cisse Final. He's a clown and a joke and was never good enough to wear the shirt, I hope he never sets foot in the 'Pool again.
      action_force
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #29: Oct 22, 2006 04:30:15 am
      Quote from: "gopher"
      he was just a spoilt overrated pillock. bye bye.

Exactly. We are not missing him at all... to think Liverpool's success rides on him is a joke!! I would take any one of our current strikers ahead of him in a heart beat.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,245 posts | 8576 
      Cisse
      Reply #30: Oct 22, 2006 03:43:14 pm
      Just read the first post by mart, if that's not a manc wind up and mart is for real i wish he would F**k off and support mk dons cos he's the type of woolie c**t we don't want.

Anyway mart if you ever read this why don't you F**k off and support fc united - maybe they could buy cisse - he'd be f***in amazing for yer!!!

The lazy frog tw*t is the most brainless footballer since gary neville last decided to shag his ma!!
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #31: Oct 23, 2006 05:32:54 pm
      Huyton Red.  Bit Harsh mate.

I feel sorry for the guy, he came to Liverpool.  Started well and broke his leg, when he did recover he had a manager who didn't like him.

He knew he was leaving 18 months before he did, how would that make you feel?  Not only that he won us the European supercup and scored in the FA cup just to prove to Rafa.  In fact when he did score in the euro supercup, Rafa turned his head.

Would you be bothered to put everything in to it.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #32: Oct 23, 2006 05:50:10 pm
      regardless of what everone thinks of cisse we certainly need his 19 goals he got last season and he hardly played
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #33: Oct 23, 2006 07:34:58 pm
      umm ows cisse getting on anyway???
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Cisse
      Reply #34: Oct 23, 2006 11:52:52 pm
      I would like to see bellamy or crouch score 19 goals in the position they actually play in.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Cisse
      Reply #35: Oct 27, 2006 10:04:30 pm
      He is a quality player, but never had the right attitude, but i would take him back. I just think rafa is trying to prove a point.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,245 posts | 8576 
      Cisse
      Reply #36: Oct 27, 2006 11:57:14 pm
      i notice he's been djing again, and yeah my last post on this subject was a bit OTT, but how much did we pay for this clown and how much were we payin this clown and how much will we get.

All three added together means less cash for lfc, oh how many times over the past decade has this happened, and i personally think you cannot slag benitez on this one, every striker he has bought all have better qualities than cisse, hopefully ged will put a bid in for him when he gets fit and the loan at marseille finishes.

Plus Houllier didn't half bang on about how exciting it would be to work with Cisse
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Cisse
      Reply #37: Nov 29, 2006 06:51:53 pm
      Cisse near to first team return (Source Sky)

France striker Djibril Cisse is close to returning to first-team action after breaking his leg while playing for his country in June.

The 25-year-old striker, now on loan at Marseille, has completed his first full training session with his new team-mates after his arrival from Liverpool in the summer.

But l'OM boss Albert Emon wants to make sure the player is fully recovered before handing him his debut.

"Djibril has fully participated in his first training session," he told the club's official website.

"However, it is necessary to take care of his health and to ask him how he feels.

"The next few days will help us to see how the situation evolves.

"The next step will be an examination during the first week of December, which will show if he can play a match."
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #38: Nov 29, 2006 06:53:54 pm
      when does his loan deal end is it the end of the season?
      lfc kid
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts | -1 
      Reply #39: Nov 29, 2006 06:57:01 pm
      when does his loan deal end is it the end of the season?

yea the end of the season i think
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #40: Nov 29, 2006 10:42:41 pm
      Cancel his loan.

And get him back.

He can't be any worse than the F***ing jigsaw pieces we have up front...
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #41: Dec 05, 2006 06:59:14 pm
      He'll never play in a Red shirt ever again.
      willowlfc
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 916 posts |
      Reply #42: Dec 05, 2006 10:04:31 pm
      cisse is back in full traning he is getting monotored this week to see if he is fit to make his debu
      FamousLiverbird100
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #43: Dec 06, 2006 01:30:36 am
      I wonder who would win in a 100m race... Cisse or Bellamy  ::)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #44: Dec 06, 2006 10:40:43 am
      I say good luck to the lad, never Liverpool quality, but to have 2 bad breaks in a short period of time  - he deserves some good fortune.
      Score the goals, get back in your national team mate  - you deserve it.

Quick Reply