Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Can we mount a serious challenge on Chelsea this season?

Read 2789 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Aug 04, 2006 12:43:02 pm
      I think we could. Depending on how our season kicks off to. We just need a good start, and too keep up our form. What do you lot think?
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      Reply #1: Aug 04, 2006 01:01:34 pm
      not a hope in hell, Chelsea were 10 points ahead when they won the PL the last 2 seasons.

Ok you've made some new signings but even you'll going to have to play the best football ever to keep up with Chelsea otherwise it wiil be repeat performances like the time Chelsea thumped you 4 - 1
      sppuuddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Re: Can we mount a serious challenge on Chelsea this season?
      Reply #2: Aug 04, 2006 01:36:41 pm
      Quote from: "Court_LFC"
      I think we could. Depending on how our season kicks off to. We just need a good start, and too keep up our form. What do you lot think?

Agree totally if we do get a decent start we will be there or there abouts at the end, if we can still win while the new players are settling in we have a shot. But the striker we buy needs to be top class.
      liverpaul
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 04, 2006 01:44:23 pm
      Not only can we mount a serious challenge but i reckon we are gonna go the whole way and win the bloomin thing chelsea are gonna have too many unhappy players this time round bring on the prem
      BIG10
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #4: Aug 04, 2006 01:53:05 pm
      Quote from: "foxy"
      not a hope in hell, Chelsea were 10 points ahead when they won the PL the last 2 seasons.

Ok you've made some new signings but even you'll going to have to play the best football ever to keep up with Chelsea otherwise it wiil be repeat performances like the time Chelsea thumped you 4 - 1

We had a bad start into the season last year or we would had finished atleast second. Unfortunatlly we haven't got the money like blue sc**s or we could also buy the referees. The only time we beat them was when the ref wasn't english. Sorry Roman but your money doesn't work with foreign refs. Maybe one more striker and we are ready for the title win 2007.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Aug 04, 2006 02:10:54 pm
      Yes foxy, we did have a bad start to last season. However, we have made some good signings whilist the transfer window has been open. So the Premiership title could go anywhere next season. Besides, what team do you support?
      foxy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -11 
      Reply #6: Aug 04, 2006 02:31:35 pm
      just as i expected Big 10 a typical idiot blaming their loses on Chelsea's money!! n referees, i've never heard soo much bollox in all my life. Just goes to show how much faith you had in your team last season!!  obviously used to be a Newcastle supporter before Owen Shearer departed. Blaming everyone else for your clubs failure's.

let me ask you this, so if Liverpool lose 3 - 0 to Man U is it a Chelsea' s fault or the referees? or c liverpool's for playing sh*te!"

let me help you with the answer it's c!!

Bottom line is with or without the money we still beat you fair n square in the PL n i can't wait to do it again!!
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #7: Aug 04, 2006 02:43:54 pm
      Quote from: "foxy"
      just as i expected Big 10 a typical idiot blaming their loses on Chelsea's money!! n referees, i've never heard soo much bollox in all my life. Just goes to show how much faith you had in your team last season!!  obviously used to be a Newcastle supporter before Owen Shearer departed. Blaming everyone else for your clubs failure's.

let me ask you this, so if Liverpool lose 3 - 0 to Man U is it a Chelsea' s fault or the referees? or c liverpool's for playing sh*te!"

let me help you with the answer it's c!!

Bottom line is with or without the money we still beat you fair n square in the PL n i can't wait to do it again!!
      Without the money you would of folded and so therefore you wouldn't beat us.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: Aug 04, 2006 03:03:32 pm
      I see. Foxy is one of those 'argumentive' fan's, and if he is not a Chelsea fan why does he back them up soo much?  :?
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #9: Aug 04, 2006 05:47:31 pm
      course we can compete with chelsea, back the team with optomism and we'll be rewarded with the title
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 04, 2006 05:49:35 pm
      Foxys is jelose of our success. hes a wimp and a looser. and as got nothing else to do with his sad life.
      scousysmurf
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #11: Aug 04, 2006 07:36:47 pm
      Foxy, yes you beat us 4-1 but we beat you when it mattered, hence the 5th star on our shirt. But Chel$ki can go ahead, and use their money, and cheaters, LFC will still beat youse anyway.

Money can't buy history
      Money can't buy skill
      Money can't buy class[/i]

Quick Reply