Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jack Hobbs Player Thread

Read 11985 times
      AggerDoo
      Jack Hobbs Player Thread
      Jan 24, 2008 04:15:55 pm
      Iron hope for Hobbs deal
      Scunthorpe close on Liverpool defender
      By Peter Fraser   Last updated: 24th January 2008

Scunthorpe hope to seal a loan deal for Liverpool defender Jack Hobbs ahead of Saturday's Championship clash with Burnley.
      The Iron are looking to bring in defensive reinforcements as they bid to avoid a return to League One and they are set to secure Hobbs until the end of the season.
      And Hobbs is expected to be keen on a move to Glanford Park following Liverpool's record defensive signing of Martin Skrtel from Zenit St Petersburg.
      Hobbs has recently enjoyed a place in Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez's first team following injuries to Daniel Agger and Sami Hyypia.
      However, the £6.5million capture of Skrtel and the impending return to fitness of Agger are expected to limit the 19-year-old centre-back's opportunities at Anfield.
      Scunthorpe manager Nigel Adkins is also keen to add defensive cover to his ranks following West Brom's decision to recall on-loan defender Shelton Martis.
      Hobbs began his career at Lincoln before making a move to Merseyside on his 17th birthday in 2005 and he has made five appearances for Liverpool since that time.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3075609,00.html

I think it would be a good move for him gettin some regular football in. But surely there is better teams than Scunthorpe interested in him.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2009 12:54:17 am by Court LFC »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Jack Hobbs (Scunthorpe)
      Reply #1: Jan 24, 2008 04:26:25 pm
      Yeah would be good for him. He's hungry for games after having a taste, just until the end of the season would be great.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #2: Jan 24, 2008 04:36:22 pm
      I think this would be a good move for the Lad. He's a footballing center half and I have hopes he will make it at Anfield. He plays the game the way it should be played and I hope more experience will only help him.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #3: Jan 24, 2008 05:18:19 pm
      Done deal.

Liverpool have announced that centre half Jack Hobbs is to spend the remainder of the season on loan at Championship side Scunthorpe United. 
      The former Lincoln City defender made his first team debut as a last-minute substitute during a 4-2 Carling Cup win at Reading in September 2007, and has made five appearances for Rafa Benitez's team this season.

His last appearance for the first team was the 1-0 Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea.

The 19-year-old reserve team captain joins the Iron who are fighting to stay in the Championship. The loan spell will last until May 5.

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Jan 24, 2008 10:09:37 pm
      It'll do him no harm being involved in a relegation battle, sort of thing that builds character.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #5: Jan 24, 2008 11:37:56 pm
      Good luck to the lad.....I really think he will make it big , but he needs this, so hopefully he'll come back to Anfield one day to take over from Carra...... :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Jan 25, 2008 02:58:59 am
      Great stuff. Hope he can come back hungry to beat Danny and Martin to the first team.
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #7: Jan 25, 2008 10:49:14 am
      Perfect soloution for him I think, It will do him good to get some gametime on the pitch
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: Jack Hobbs goes to Scunthorpe
      Reply #8: Feb 29, 2008 11:19:43 am
      Scunthorpe were known as a passing team under their last manager (I think it was Law's) and if they still play that brand of football then there's no better place to be for Jack over the run in and the experience will be invaluable for his development....
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #9: Mar 01, 2008 08:21:33 pm
      This is the one decision that Rafa has made that I can't get my head around.

Hobbs should NEVER have gone, he needs experience in the first team... he needs to get to know the other players who would grow with him into the first team.

I can see he needs games, but he would get those from the ressies... building up a fantastic understanding with the likes of Mikel San Jose, for later life... so defending between them would be almost automatic or second nature in years to come.

OK a relegation dog fight is character building stuff, but that cannot compare to the being involved in the mecca that is Anfield and the bonding of players at Melwood... just an opinion. Maybe the player himself wanted it... I somehow doubt it.

Jack come back home soon son!

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10: Mar 03, 2008 06:44:55 am
      Needed games though, i see why he was sent out. Although, i would have kept him to make him learn from Sami, Jamie, Danny and Martin then send him out.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2008 07:14:41 am
       I think he will learn at Scunthorpe and come back for pre season training a better player and ready to challenge for a place in the 1st team squad for next season.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2008 07:21:42 am
      Regular competitive games will do him, and his carrear no harm! I say good luck to Young Hobbs.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Jack Hobbs
      Reply #13: Jul 25, 2008 04:32:28 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160653080725-1545.htm

Jack Hobbs has signed for League One outfit Leicester City on a season long loan until May 9, 2009. 
      The former Lincoln City defender enjoyed a loan spell at Scunthorpe United last season and is looking forward to his spell with Nigel Pearson's side.

"I am really pleased to have signed and can't wait to get started," said Hobbs.

"Liverpool have some world-class centre backs so I spoke to the boss and he said I was free to go out on loan and gain some experience.

"Leicester showed their interest and I had no hesitation in coming here. This is a massive club with a good manager and top class Premier League facilities.

"I want to help this club get back to the Championship at the first time of asking." 

Good luck to him. He probably wasn't going to get much of a look in this season and he knows that himself.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Jul 25, 2008 04:35:29 pm
      Just beat me to it.

Good luck to him, to be honest i cant see him sticking around this club permanently much longer. Hopefully he can impress some clubs for the good of his career.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15: Jul 26, 2008 12:43:18 am
      i think he will get alot of good experience at leicester and will come back anf fight for his place, i would be dissapointed to see him leave for good as he is one for the future
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #16: Jul 26, 2008 04:52:50 am
      I have a hard time seeing him saying with the club. I mean last season I thought he did well when he played when both Sami and Agger was hurt but really shown me how much Rafa rated him at that point when he would rather use Arboloa or Riise to play over him. I think the best thing for Hobbs is to move on from the club because right now we have two players who are not that much older than him really looking like to cement their place for a long time and young CB's like San Jose and Huth who are coming from that end to try and win a spot on the senior squad.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #17: Jul 27, 2008 12:33:45 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160653080725-1545.htm

Jack Hobbs has signed for League One outfit Leicester City on a season long loan until May 9, 2009. 
      The former Lincoln City defender enjoyed a loan spell at Scunthorpe United last season and is looking forward to his spell with Nigel Pearson's side.

"I am really pleased to have signed and can't wait to get started," said Hobbs.

"Liverpool have some world-class centre backs so I spoke to the boss and he said I was free to go out on loan and gain some experience.

"Leicester showed their interest and I had no hesitation in coming here. This is a massive club with a good manager and top class Premier League facilities.

"I want to help this club get back to the Championship at the first time of asking." 

Good luck to him. He probably wasn't going to get much of a look in this season and he knows that himself.

It's true. It's obvious he could  sit whole season on the bench of Liverpool. But he made right choice to go anywhere to get experience. He may show what he is able for.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #18: Aug 16, 2008 11:01:19 pm
      Apparently more than impressing at Leicester City.

I'd be impressed to hear from anybody who lives down that way to the local reaction to him.  Best centre-back at the club I would have expected judging by his outings at Liverpool.

This is one kid we definitely need to bring back to Anfield after his loan deal and Hyypia leaves.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #19: Aug 16, 2008 11:11:21 pm
      He played again today for the Foxes, although I think it was at right back, wherever he played he helped Leicester keep a clean sheet away from home.

This is one kid we definitely need to bring back to Anfield after his loan deal and Hyypia leaves.

Couldn't agree more. Carra's not gettin any younger either so in a few years Jack should and probably will be our third choice for centre half behind Danny Agger and Marty Skrtel
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #20: Aug 17, 2008 01:22:30 am
      This loan spell will be good for him, give him some very good experience and as this could well be Hyypia's last season in a playing role then Hobbs could step straight into his place
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #21: Aug 17, 2008 02:27:58 am
      This loan spell will be good for him, give him some very good experience and as this could well be Hyypia's last season in a playing role then Hobbs could step straight into his place

I agree with this, i dont see why people cant see a future for him at liverpool. Rafa likes to have 4 CB's and when Hyypia does retire who's going to take his place as the fourth CB.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #22: Aug 17, 2008 02:33:32 am
      Lets face it Carra isn't going to be around for ever.  I see Hobbs as our next English centre-back.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #23: Aug 18, 2008 01:45:41 pm
      Let's face it, neither Carragher nor Hyypia were good enough to play centre-back for Liverpool at the age of 19.

In his early 20s, Hyypia was rejected by Oldham, ffs. Like most centre-backs, they improved with age and experience.

Hobbs is very good for his age, but he's not old enough to be a centre-back at a big club.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #24: Aug 18, 2008 03:29:25 pm
      I've always liked Hobbs and I rate him very highly. Our centre backs have proved, given all of their injury problems, that you do need to have four players in that position. Sami has been a great player, but he is probably in his last season for us and that possibly leaves the door open for one of the youngsters coming through to step up and prove to Rafa we have the talent coming through and his money should be spent in other departments. I have high hopes that Hobbs can step into what would be the forth centre back spot and push on from there.
      RedArmy96
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts | -1 
      • What we achieve in life, Echoes in eternity
      Reply #25: Aug 18, 2008 09:29:58 pm
      Great for him, hes 5th choice here, and needs someone first team competitive football
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Aug 19, 2008 10:54:37 am
      Loan deals will do the lad well, he needs to build on his confidence for when he gets used in first team matches by Rafa. Expect him to delevop and be a good talent in a few years.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27: Aug 19, 2008 08:04:45 pm
      I just hope he does'nt decide that he wants to stay at leicester
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #28: Aug 19, 2008 09:22:18 pm
      I've no doubt that jack will be back so this season will do him good in getting some experience and he will come back the better for it. He'll save us money in the long run and bringing these kids in was what buying them is all about because when you train a really good prospect there will come a day that a decision will have to be made on whether we keep or sell him and in Jacks case that will be when this season is over. There are a few young players where the same thing will apply when this season ends so Jack will not be alone in this being an important season in his playing career....
      MsGerrard
      Reply #29: Aug 20, 2008 12:36:32 am
      I just hope he does'nt decide that he wants to stay at leicester

No-one in their right mind would want to stay at Leicester King Kenny......Hobbs is to good for them, there a team going nowhere.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #30: Aug 23, 2008 02:21:27 pm
      Jack starts again today for Leicester against Tranmere. Tranmere themselves may very well be playing Jack's former centre half partner Godwin Antwi. Hopefully it'll be a good game for our two defenders.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #31: Aug 25, 2008 12:28:40 pm
      Antwi didn't play but Hobbs Leicester won 3-1.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #32: Aug 25, 2008 12:38:25 pm
      1st goal Leicester have conceeded this season in all comps as well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #33: Oct 06, 2008 10:31:09 pm
      Didn't realise it was season long loan with Leicester.  Thought it was just till January.

In any case - he needs to be recalled right now in my opinion.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #34: Oct 06, 2008 11:49:34 pm
      Absolutely. Especially with the Hyypia situation.

Bring him back.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #35: Oct 07, 2008 12:12:59 am
      Hyypia situation? What's gone wrong?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #36: Oct 07, 2008 12:20:40 am
      Champions League mate.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #37: Oct 07, 2008 12:47:32 am
      Hobbs isn't in the Champions League squad either though Kenny, so there's no point bringing Hobbs back.

Come the January re-regiester we can include Sami as we'll still have our required 8 British based players as Skrtel isn't one of them. I'd personally leave Jack at the Walkers for the duration of his loan to gain the vital first team experince. He's done well during his time there so far. Don't see him getting to many games this year if he was recalled to Anfield other than the odd run out in the Carling Cup.

Leave him where he is and see if he can carry on his and Leicester's good form to bring the Foxes back up to the Championship at the first time of asking.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38: Oct 07, 2008 12:49:07 am
      Hobbs would'nt have been registered because he was going this season. Would be good to see him come back as cover.

Is San Jose registered for champions league?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #39: Oct 07, 2008 02:00:52 am
      Hobbs isn't in the Champions League squad either though Kenny, so there's no point bringing Hobbs back.

I know mate. Would still have him back though.

As much as Hyypia is good for a re-register, I think Hyypia is far more likely to be involved in league games rather than cup games apart from the FA Cup. The intention of leaving him out of the initial Champions League stage speaks volumes for me.

With Hobbs having gained some good first team footie lately, being a decent defender and plus the fact he's got young legs on him, I reckon he might be favoured where the re-register comes in.

He's a Liverpool player and we can't piss about. If he's going to continue to be a Liverpool player and make the break through then he should be coming back with Skrtels injury and maybe taking a chance. Otherwise, we and him, might as well be happy for him to be playing football elsewhere. Selfish on a red part, I know. But that's the way it is. The likes of San Jose, Huth etc are only playing reserve football. And we could need cover for all competitions.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #40: Oct 07, 2008 03:11:34 am
      Leicester City - Champions League ... I'd say that was a fairly large jump. I agree that we will need his services sometime during the season, but maybe only for Cup games when our main centre-backs can get some rest.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #41: Oct 07, 2008 06:00:04 am
      Is San Jose registered for champions league?

No, Darby and Irwin are the other defenders who are listed in the squad.

I don't really see the point of calling back Hobbs to be 4th in the peaking order and sit on the bench, let him enjoy the playing time in League 1 and give the spot to Huth/San Jose. We will have to take our chances with Carra and Agger making it through the group stage but as far all other competitions are concern I am fine with what we have.

TommyLoft
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #42: Jan 01, 2009 07:10:49 pm
      Just been having a look at some of the Leicester fan boards and they are all raving about Hobbsy saying that they want to get him permanent. Do you think we could afford to sell him to Leicester?

Im not sure if we can.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #43: Jan 01, 2009 07:29:04 pm
      Just been having a look at some of the Leicester fan boards and they are all raving about Hobbsy saying that they want to get him permanent. Do you think we could afford to sell him to Leicester?

Im not sure if we can.

Wouldn't have thought so. We need all the centre-backs we can get once Hyypia goes (:().
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #44: Jan 01, 2009 07:31:31 pm
      I think no 'cos in two years time agger & skrtel will win their places to a permanent at centre backs. Hyypia i think will be retired & carra will rotate with both of them but he will be growing up therefore we need a good backup and rotater defender like Hobbs (he's also English)
      My answer is No.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #45: Jan 01, 2009 07:38:20 pm
      I would like to keep the lad especially with speculation over Aggers future, but it dosent seem to be the Liverpool way, how many youngster have gone out on loan never to return
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Re: Jack Hobbs - Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jan 18, 2009 04:16:17 pm
      There's a few rumours flying around that Leicester want Hobbs permanantly. Personally wouldn't like to see him go but to progress as a regular first teamer before the age of 23 he'll have to leave Anfield.

Leicester wouldn't be bad for him to move to permanantly either. They're top of League 1, looking comfortable as well so he should be in the Championship come next year if the deal does go through.
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Jack Hobbs
      Reply #47: Mar 23, 2009 11:39:30 am
      As you all know Jack Hobbs is on loan to leicester and is in fine form and they are considering buying him. I hope he stays because when he played last year he looked as if he could replace carra in a few years do you want him to stay or go?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #48: Apr 24, 2009 07:49:04 pm
      HOBBS SEALS FOXES MOVE
      Jack Hobbs has made his loan spell at Leicester City permanent and penned a four-year deal with the Foxes.
      The 20-year-old defender has spent this season on loan at Nigel Pearson's side and helped them win promotion to the Championship.

Hobbs has joined the club for an undisclosed fee.

Speaking ahead of the club's final home league game of the campaign against Scunthorpe tonight, Hobbs said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my season with the club and I am absolutely delighted to make the move permanent.

"This is a massive club and I believe we can go all the way to the Premier League. That's one of the reasons why I have committed to signing a four-year deal.

"I couldn't be happier here. Leicester have shown great faith in me and instilled me with great confidence. I really am over the moon."

Hobbs signed for Liverpool in August 2005 on his 17th birthday despite playing just three minutes of professional football for Lincoln City.

He was made captain of the reserves during his first season on Merseyside, and also played a key part of the FA Youth Cup winning side of 2006, establishing himself as a rock at the back.

The tall defender made his senior debut as a last-minute substitute during a 4-2 Carling Cup win at Reading on September 25, 2007.

He made five appearances in total for the Reds.

All the best for the future Jack.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2009 08:08:01 pm by chats »
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #49: Apr 24, 2009 08:04:55 pm
      Good luck to the lad. Hope he is successful there. Also congrats on getting promoted Jack!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #50: Apr 24, 2009 08:13:48 pm
      I thought he might make it here. Ah well

Best of luck to Jack
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #51: Apr 24, 2009 11:44:36 pm
      Been a key player in their promotion side. Will probably end the season with a title winner's medal with the Foxes as well.

Well done Jack lad, hope you do well at the Walkers.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #52: Apr 24, 2009 11:50:40 pm
      Shame but then again in all honesty he didn't have a future at the club with Skrtel and Agger being just a few years older.

Good luck to him and hope he has a lot of success at the Walkers.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #53: Apr 25, 2009 01:55:32 am
      Good luck in the Championship and with your career Jack!
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #54: Apr 25, 2009 06:42:49 am
      So is he a lost for the club? That's what's most important here.
      From wht u guys said, he's a rock at the defence in reserve etc.
      But if he's something, would Benitez just let Leicester have him?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #55: Apr 25, 2009 11:38:16 pm
      Good Luck Jack with Leicester City, hope to one day see you playing in the premiership.
      mulki
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | -2 
      • You"ll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #56: Apr 26, 2009 03:48:46 am
      sayonara hobbs.....
      y.n.w.a
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #57: Apr 26, 2009 10:21:20 am
      this guy could have been a regular in a few years. with carra getting inconsistant and agger rejecting contract this could leave a big hole for next season
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #58: Apr 26, 2009 11:04:16 am
      Good luck to him. With the quality we have in the squad in central defence he isn't gonna have a chance at all.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #59: Apr 26, 2009 11:56:38 am
      A real shame that IMO.

At the end of this season we could lose Agger and Hyypia.  Not a good move I think.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #60: Apr 26, 2009 11:45:35 pm
      this guy could have been a regular in a few years. with carra getting inconsistant and agger rejecting contract this could leave a big hole for next season

Carra inconsistent? Blimey.

A tad premature on our part with this signing but i can understand it. I think Jack would have had alot to say about the move and good luck to him. Definitely a promising player.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #61: Apr 27, 2009 08:51:41 am
       I presume RAFA has got a big sell on clause in the contract,could even contain a right to buy him back if necessary.I do feel he will play in the premiership in a couple of seasons,he is a good prospect.I wish the lad well.

Quick Reply